Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6272 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1846
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Yeah. Have read about the brown rice quite often. I will check that out when I go shopping this evening.

Egg-whites. What's the best way to prep these? Cooking and so on I mean. This is all pretty new to me.

Thanks.
    I just buy liquid egg-whites in cartons. You just pour it in the pan and viola!

I always make sure to have egg-whites around, since they're 100% protein, which makes them easy to fit into my macros (protein, fat, carbs).

Are you guys tracking your calories at all by the way?

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    I just hard boil the egg and deshell it and separate the white from the yolk, and eat it like that. It's not the best way nor the nicest by a long stretch.

Here's a few suggestions: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...4973183&page=1
    Cool! I'll have to come back to that site. Meals there sound a little time consuming though. Right now, I'm in the final month of my internship, so time isn't on my side during the days right now.

Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

I always make sure to have egg-whites around, since they're 100% protein, which makes them easy to fit into my macros (protein, fat, carbs).

I had no idea you could buy liquid egg whites...

This is going to sound completely stupid, but can you drink it straight up? I'm just remembering when Stallone drank down all those eggs in a glass in the first Rocky movie

Nah, I'm afraid I'm not counting the calories. I don't think I am able to be so strict with the diet, as these health foods are quite expensive, so I'm just doing whatever I can to cut down on all the garb and fatty foods. Maybe I'll have something naughty once or twice a month.

This whole week at work, lunch has been different for me.
    Monday I had pasta.
    Tuesday I had salmon and rice.
    Wednesday, tuna and rice.
    Thursday, salmon and rice.
    Today, soup.
    And as for a drink, I've just literally had water all day(s).
    Last edited by Molo316; 10-11-2013 at 15:27.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron

I used to a good bit but I'm more familiar with my body now so I don't feel the need, roughly know what to take daily/weekly anyway.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I had no idea you could buy liquid egg whites...
    Yep. I'm not sure if they're in the UK, but I buy these in bulk at my local BJ's Wholesale store:

This is going to sound completely stupid, but can you drink it straight up? I'm just remembering when Stallone drank down all those eggs in a glass in the first Rocky movie
    You can if it's pasteurized. The chance of salmonella is very, very low. I don't do that though.

Nah, I'm afraid I'm not counting the calories. I don't think I am able to be so strict with the diet, as these health foods are quite expensive, so I'm just doing whatever I can to cut down on all the garb and fatty foods. Maybe I'll have something naughty once or twice a month.

This whole week at work, lunch has been different for me.
    Monday I had pasta.
    Tuesday I had salmon and rice.
    Wednesday, tuna and rice.
    Thursday, salmon and rice.
    Today, soup.
    And as for a drink, I've just literally had water all day(s).
    If your goal is just to build muscle, then keep in mind it's not only about what you eat, but how much you eat. Eating 'clean' is good for your overall health, but it isn't really necessary for building muscle. You need to eat more calories than your maintenance, while consuming ample protein and fats (protein for repairing muscle, fats for proper hormonal function).

You see it all the time. People lifting weights for a long time while not getting any bigger. You ask them what their diet is and while they eat the 'clean' foods like chicken, fish, broccoli, rice, nuts, etc, they're not eating enough.

The good thing about tracking calories is that it allows you to be more precise with how you're eating in comparison to your maintenance. You know when you're about 300 calories over and to stop eating. So you can gain weight slowly and don't put on much fat. But if you don't want to track calories, then you need to make sure you're at least eating over your maintenance by simply eating A LOT. You don't know exactly what your calories are, but you'll be gaining weight and muscle, and of course fat.

Then perhaps you might choose to worry about calories on your cut, in order to preserve muscle mass. Or you could still not track calories, eat too little, and then lose too much muscle. That's the problem with not tracking calories.

So it's up to you. Are you willing to sacrifice some excess fat gain when bulking and some excess muscle loss when cutting in order to have a looser diet?

There's no right or wrong answer. It's up to what your priorities are, and if you think a strict diet will impact your quality of life too much.

The good thing is that there are apps/sites you can use to easily track your calories. MyFitnessPal has about 99% of the foods in existence. You just add it to your log and it shows you how many calories you have left, as well as protein, fats, carbs, fiber, etc, if you want to track that too.

For example, here's my log from yesterday. As you can see, I met my caloric goal, while eating enough protein and fats.

Last edited by Ixion; 10-11-2013 at 16:40.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Yep. I'm not sure if they're in the UK, but I buy these in bulk at my local BJ's Wholesale store:

You can if it's pasteurized. The chance of salmonella is very, very low. I don't do that though.

If your goal is just to build muscle, then keep in mind it's not only about what you eat, but how much you eat. Eating 'clean' is good for your overall health, but it isn't really necessary for building muscle. You need to eat more calories than your maintenance, while consuming ample protein and fats (protein for repairing muscle, fats for proper hormonal function).

You see it all the time. People lifting weights for a long time while not getting any bigger. You ask them what their diet is and while they eat the 'clean' foods like chicken, fish, broccoli, rice, nuts, etc, they're not eating enough.

The good thing about tracking calories is that it allows you to be more precise with how you're eating in comparison to your maintenance. You know when you're about 300 calories over and to stop eating. So you can gain weight slowly and don't put on much fat. But if you don't want to track calories, then you need to make sure you're at least eating over your maintenance by simply eating A LOT. You don't know exactly what your calories are, but you'll be gaining weight and muscle, and of course fat.

Then perhaps you might choose to worry about calories on your cut, in order to preserve muscle mass. Or you could still not track calories, eat too little, and then lose too much muscle. That's the problem with not tracking calories.

So it's up to you. Are you willing to sacrifice some excess fat gain when bulking and some excess muscle loss when cutting in order to have a looser diet?

There's no right or wrong answer. It's up to what your priorities are, and if you think a strict diet will impact your quality of life too much.

The good thing is that there are apps/sites you can use to easily track your calories. MyFitnessPal has about 99% of the foods in existence. You just add it to your log and it shows you how many calories you have left, as well as protein, fats, carbs, fiber, etc, if you want to track that too.

For example, here's my log from yesterday. As you can see, I met my caloric goal, while eating enough protein and fats.

Hmm thanks for that. I'll have to come back and read that again.

So as well as eating the clean stuff, like chicken and fish, what sort of other foods would you recommend? Surely I should eat stuff like chocolate, biscuits and all that stuff?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Believe it or not, for bulking peanut butter's a cheap way of going about things, just don't go overboard. :3 But yeah, almonds are a cheap source of cal/fat that are cheap, too.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I've got a bag of dry roasted peanuts at home :/

Is that any good?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    They're not the worst by a long stretch, bar the probable high level of sodium.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I'll look into that.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Surely I should eat stuff like chocolate, biscuits and all that stuff?
    Did you mean to say "shouldn't"? I'm confused. lol

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Did you mean to say "shouldn't"? I'm confused. lol
    I did mean to say "shouldn't"

My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I did mean to say "shouldn't"

My bad.
    OK, well to answer your question, you can fit that stuff in depending on your goals. Are you only concerned with your health? Then eating candy won't help you. Are you only concerned with how your body looks? Then by all means, eat candy as long as you're getting enough protein and fats and meeting your calories.

Most bodybuilders primarily care about how they look, but still try to be healthy most of the time. That's generally what I do. For example, I ate mostly nutritious food yesterday, but I fit in a few of these...

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Okay, so eating a lot of calories gain weight? Let's say peanut butter is 22 percent fat and it has 180 calories. I understand that calories will be stored and whatever isn't burned will be used be fat. My question is, how does the fat go into the calories as unit of calories?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvy View Post
    Okay, so eating a lot of calories gain weight? Let's say peanut butter is 22 percent fat and it has 180 calories. I understand that calories will be stored and whatever isn't burned will be used be fat. My question is, how does the fat go into the calories as unit of calories?
    Uh... what?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    OK, well to answer your question, you can fit that stuff in depending on your goals. Are you only concerned with your health? Then eating candy won't help you. Are you only concerned with how your body looks? Then by all means, eat candy as long as you're getting enough protein and fats and meeting your calories.

Most bodybuilders primarily care about how they look, but still try to be healthy most of the time. That's generally what I do. For example, I ate mostly nutritious food yesterday, but I fit in a few of these...

Well I'd love to improve the strength primarily, and I would assume that a bit of a bigger build would come with that. Of course I guess I would love to get huge, but I'm not aiming for that due to finances, time restrictions and lack of overall effort - by that I mean that I cannot work out every day and follow a strict diet 24/7.
    So pretty much my aim right now is to eat as healthy as possible during the week, which is the time period when I can get to the gym, and on weekends I will have a treat or two.

Went to the gym this morning and worked on my shoulders. Will be going to work on the legs tomorrow so that they are better prepared for standing for long periods at my retail job at the weekend.
    On my way to work I had a chicken sandwich. I know the bread isn't all that but the protein content was about 20g or something. Along with that I had a protein shake. Just downed a protein bar a little while ago as a "tiding over" snack until lunch. I will go and grab some salmon and rice for lunch.
    Don't know what's in store for dinner. Living like that all the time is going to be expensive, especially when my paying internship ends in a just about a month now :/

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Last edited by Shockwave; 10-15-2013 at 23:26.

Can someone explain the health benefits to me of smoking cigarettes? Drinking a lot? Occasional drug use?

Lol time to change. Been dead sober (except the smokes) about two weeks. Not planning to quit entirely long term just taking a break and probably looking into some changes in friends/scenery. Gonna be 23 next year can't party forever. Looking to get back more into some old hobbies like skateboarding, snowboarding, snowskating, etc. I love boards. I like cooking too so eating healthier would be good, and easier too with less money going to beer. Plus, more video games!

So that's my start.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I'm so glad I quit smoking last year...May 13th, 2012 at 8:00pm. feels great to kick that nasty and expensive habit.

Yeah I'm thinking of switching to e-cigarettes. Unfortunately the nicotine version of the cartridges for them are illegal in Canada for whatever reason (not approved by Health Canada / FDA), but there's a flea market about a half hour drive away from me with a stand that has them.
    Last edited by Alex_1991; 10-20-2013 at 13:44.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_1991 View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking of switching to e-cigarettes. Unfortunately the nicotine version of the cartridges for them are illegal in Canada for whatever reason (not approved by Health Canada / FDA), but there's a flea market about a half hour drive away from me with a stand that has them.
    Solid idea, have a few mates who use them now and they've had great success!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Ok so my goal atm I have around a month to get fighting fit.
    I'm not bothered about weights or anything I'm talking pure cardio.
    What can be attained within this timescale? I'm a smoker and that probably won't stop; I run 1.5 miles in around 11-12 minutes.
    I need to get a lot more fit, I start the army in 33 days now so the sooner the better!
    I just ideally need like an average to above average level of fitness to be able to deal with what's asked of me during training.
    The actual training will get me fighting fit needless to say; but I want to hit that benchmark for when I start so I don't find it excessively difficult. Thanks guys!

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Cheers guys haha

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Well you could start by doing pushes, sit-ups, hang-ups .. All the military drills.. As often as you can stomach. Make some form of penalty-game out of it. Maybe some MMA drills even.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Ran 3.27 miles in 28 minutes and I was nackered today lmao! So not promising I've left it far too late.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    That's still good going man and It can only get better ☺ I would just say stretching and being aware of how your feet hit the surface are really important, I've injured myself either by not stretching enough or my feet not landing correctly. I did recently and I still sometimes get pain in my right ankle 5-6 weeks after it first happened.
    I'm sure you know this stuff already I just don't want you making the mistakes I did!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Thread Information