Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6373 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1846
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Any mountains/steep-inclined areas around your place?

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Any mountains/steep-inclined areas around your place?
    Not really, hold on I'll upload some photos of today's run.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93

As you can see I didn't QUITE make it home. Unfortunately. That's quite embarrassing.

I'm confident in all other aspects of joining the forces, the discipline, uniform standards etc.

But I have around 25 more days of available working out to hit a level which will be adequate in relation to the rest of the group.
    As the whole point is to start at a certain level, and build everyone up together to reach the required standard of fitness by week 14.
    However, I can't really afford to be behind in week one, it'll just be an uphill struggle and I'm doubting I'll show enough to pull through it if I'm behind initially.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Sad to say, but if you wanna see results in that allotted time then it's gonna have to be the sort of workouts that have you gasping for breath and wanting to die - like, tough cardio. Sprints, inclined runs (mountainous running's tough on the knees but it's huge cardio) and the like.

A good all-encompassing form of it is suicide drills. There's loads of different ones, but here's one:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4473323_perf...ide-drill.html

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    How much of a workout is sex? Haha I know it sounds crude but a colleague invited me to her place tomorrow and it ALWAYS ends up happening. I plan to run there and back, but is it much of a workout? Haha

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Haha, really depends! Still, far better than nothing - and y'know it's sex, too. So it's win-win!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Oh, yeah.. I've started jogging tippy toes lately. (Well, actually its landing with you're toes first, takes some practice) Its kind of unusual while using trainers and damn near impossible with boots, but is actually the natural way to run!

I definitely recommend trying it out. It lessens the tension on different joints in your feet.

Edit: Unless your doing sex Olympical all-nighters, it isn't much of training
    Last edited by K2D; 03-06-2014 at 10:43.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How's everyone's progress coming along?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    This seems hopeless. :/

I am trying to lose weight again and I think I got off to a good start. For 2 days, according to my fitness pal, I ate under calorie. I also ate lots of protein and drank 8 cups of water.

Then last night, I couldn't fall asleep. I kept dreaming and thinking about food and my stomach kept making noises. I gave in and went 400 calories over.

Today, I started out pretty decent with some fish but before I knew it, I ate some ice cream for something sweet and now I'm over 600 calories for today.

I want to lose this weight so badly. I want to be my normal weight so I won't have to worry about diabetes and so I can have a woman six pack. I can't seem to do it and it's so frustrating. My weight is out of control and I want to change and eat healthy, but I need some help.

To the personal trainers and fitness experts reading this thread, is there any way I could hire you?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Are you exercising? It isn't too bad to have sugars in the morning and post-workout. Of course not too much. Having 1-2 cheat meals a week is justified, just don't go overboard. Don't have any temptations at home and don't go to the store hungry.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Are you exercising? It isn't too bad to have sugars in the morning and post-workout. Of course not too much. Having 1-2 cheat meals a week is justified, just don't go overboard. Don't have any temptations at home and don't go to the store hungry.
    I can no longer exercise. It's gotten to the point in which when I exercise, any type of exercise, it strains something. I can't walk about it strained my back and it hurts my back real bad to walk and stand up for a long time.

Forum Elder
    Why do u have so any strains?

Can you not exercise at all or just with weights and machines.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I can no longer exercise. It's gotten to the point in which when I exercise, any type of exercise, it strains something. I can't walk about it strained my back and it hurts my back real bad to walk and stand up for a long time.
    You're doing something wrong then. Are you stretching, foam rolling, and avoiding overtraining?

You can't even walk without pain? Have you been to the doctor about this?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilledJerk View Post
    You're doing something wrong then. Are you stretching, foam rolling, and avoiding overtraining?

You can't even walk without pain? Have you been to the doctor about this?
    Yes, I had a back strain.

What I can do is make sure to stretch and etc. I'll try to go back to exercising.

Thanks.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Sounds like you do need to see a doctor, consult on exercising. Start small.

Veteran
    Thank you guys! I will consult an expert.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    You need to go get evaluated by a physician. There's no reason you should be exercising and continuously hurting yourself. There's clearly an issue what you need to get professionally looked at and prescribed therapy that will help you get better. If you try exercising with impingement, you're only going to make whatever it is worse. You'll probably need to go through therapy and from there you can begin working on exercising. However, whatever you do, you need to start slow. Stability/balance work and core training are crucial foundations that you need to establish before you do anything crazy. Your body needs to adapt to the stressors you are placing on it and that needs to be done gradually and slow. Baby steps.

Like others have said, stretching is very important. Self-myofascial release (foam rolling) is a very awesome, but extremely painful self-therapy so it might not be something you can endure right now. You might feel more comfortable having a professional massage therapist working the knots out of your muscles before you begin doing it on yourself. You might have tense spots in your muscles that have been there for years, and it will take a month or so to get all of them worked out. Even after you get them worked out, a monthly therapy massage would be immensely beneficial. Tight hip flexors can really mess up your back, so increasing your flexibility (after therapy) can really help a lot. I suggest taking up a yoga class with a competent instructor that really understands that everyone needs to go at their own pace and won't force you to do anything you're not comfortable with. Yoga is difficult, but through practice and dedication, you can greatly increase your flexibility. But having well-balanced flexibility of the muscles can prevent injury and strengthen your soft tissues.

You really need to strengthen your back ... your posterior chain muscles ... your core ... your hamstrings, glutes, and hips.... your quads, etc. Having weak core musculature and all the muscles that tie together for proper posture and hip motion can lead to constant back pain. Don't overwhelm yourself. It's okay to start slow with exercise and work your way up, but make therapy a priority. Also, once your therapy has ended, make sure to continue your therapy exercises even after therapy has stopped. They'll keep you in working condition. However, doing nothing is about the worst thing you can do. If you do not take care of the issue, it will only get worse. So please ... just take it easy, get professional help, and be careful and listen to your body.

As for your nutrition, I would seek out the advice from a professional on that as well, such as a dietitian or nutritionist. I know from talking to you personally that you have very specific needs and only a professional can help address those needs. But there is absolutely nothing that can be done if you can't commit to a diet and if you keep over-eating. The only person that can help you there is you. Unless you are put in a room and are only fed exactly what you need no matter how much you scream and claw, the only other option is to find that fire within yourself to achieve your goals. Hunger pangs really suck, but you need to learn to overcome with willpower. A high fiber, high protein diet can help with hunger. You can eat a friggin' boatload of vegetables and it'll be very low calories. So find a fibrous, healthy food that you enjoy that you can eat whenever you get hungry. That way you can eat a lot of it and fill up your tummy and you won't be overdoing it on calories. The worst thing you can do when you're hungry is eat something super high in calories. Ultimately though, you need to force yourself to not do that. In a few months of solid effort, your stomach will adjust to the lesser food intake and your stomach will get smaller and you won't have hunger pangs as badly. They may still be there, but they won't be gnawing at you like a fiery pit in the stomach. For your carbs, lay off the sweets. They'll just make you hungry. Stick with complex carbohydrate foods and for your fat intake, stick with healthy unsaturated fats and limit your saturated fat intake. It's okay to have a cheat day, but a cheat day entails eating something that's not particularly healthy, but not going overboard on your calories. So you're still eating within your calories, you're just sticking a piece of cheesecake or whatever into one of your meals throughout the day. It's also a good idea to eat 5-6 (or more) smaller meals throughout the day instead of 3 big ones. It'll keep you fed throughout the day and will stave off hunger. When you snack, make sure it's something healthy, like nuts or something. Make sure you get protein with every meal.

As for your dream of having a six pack, you should really throw that crap out the window. You need to start with small goals ... and when you reach those small goals ... make more small goals. Over time, all those small goals are going to turn into a big goal. Don't make having a six pack a goal. You're just going to depress yourself since that is going to require several years of work for you to reach that point ... if you even reach that point at all. Not only that, but getting a six pack requires being at a considerably low body fat for them to show. It would be better to just focus on getting healthier right now. Set realistic goals that you can achieve RIGHT NOW within your means and your capabilities. If you set goals so far away and so high ... it can really take a big hammer to your motivation.

Stay positive, get the help you need, and take your time. There's no rush ... no race to the finish line. You are just trying to become, day by day, a healthier version of you. I would also get some extensive tests done to make sure you don't have some biological issue that is keeping you from your goals. Get your thyroid checked, blood work done, get your hormones checked, etc. It's very important you get the bigger picture so that you can address your issues from your own personal standpoint. Everyone's body is very unique and you must go about taking care of it in a manner unique to you.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-19-2014 at 08:59.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    It's hard to get professional help on my body and my core because of limited insurance and funds. Next month, I'll be dedicating the right amount of money toward food so I can buy healthier foods. Still, I will do what I can in regards to strengthening my core and making my back stronger.

I also want to say this. Sundays are my "weigh days" and each Sunday I weigh myself. I reached last week's weight loss goal, despite overeating. I felt encouraged and now I'm onto week 2.

Small goals, one step at a time. One day at a time.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    I'm confused ... you keep saying you're going to get help, then state you can't afford to get help. Which is it? o_0

I'm going to be a bit blunt here, but you don't need to spend a bunch of money on healthier foods. What you really need to do is just stop having random gorge sessions and then getting pissed off about it. The #1 thing you need to work on is discipline. If you cannot commit to changing your life, you're just going to stagnate and continue being disappointed. Motivation is temporary. You need to look deep down inside yourself and realize why you're doing this. If you keep going at it for 2 weeks at a time then giving up, you don't want this badly enough. That's really what it boils down to. Your comfort zone and your cravings and your priority. You need to change this around. You don't need to go on a "diet" ... you need to change your habits and your lifestyle. Diets are temporary. This needs to be something that you commit to for at least a few years. It's going to take several months of continued effort to simply start changing your habits. The only person that can do this is you.

I helped my friend Jennifer lose 120 pounds. She was 240 pounds at roughly 5'5". She's now 120 pounds after 2 years of hard work (roughly 60 pounds a year ... or 5 pounds a month). She did it all through changing the way she ate. She didn't really exercise much, just took walks in the park on occasion. This really solidifies the point that you need to get your diet in check because what you put into your stomach is 90% of the work for losing weight. Exercise is the other 10%. Honestly, it's a thousand times easier to eat less than it is to try working your ass off to burn off something dumb you shouldn't have eaten in the first place. You need to change your eating habits.

If you have a back injury, I wouldn't "do what you can" to work on it, since your back condition needs to be evaluated by a qualified physician. You could end up making it far worse than it already is, which would demotivate you further.

Seriously though ... you need to dig deep ... deeper than you ever have in your life ... and make getting healthy a priority. You cannot keep teeter-tottering on your diet and expect to reach your goals. It requires consistency and dedication.

You shouldn't be on "week 2." You've been doing this on and off for a long time. You should be on "week 53." Stop quitting and commit every fiber of your being to reaching your goals. Not being able to exercise properly is not a valid excuse to eat poorly. If you can't do one, then commit to the other.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-20-2014 at 08:30.

Veteran
    The thing is, I've already seen a professional about my back pains. When it got to the point in which it was unbearable, I went to the emergency room. The doctor diagnosed the condition as a back sprain, and gave me a shot and some pills. If my back starts to hurt or if I have to stand or walk for a long time, he said just use a heating pad when I get home. The problem is my weight. If I get my weight down, I won't have back pains.

I don't want to give up on losing weight and being a healthy person and feeling good. I'm going to keep trying. It looks like I'm going to have to work out my depression and psychological problems before I can become healthy with consistency and discipline. The reason why I cave in and eat during my hunger pains is tied to depression.

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    It's very hard to change your habits overnight, try to gradually make adjustments in your diet. Exercise is very helpful against depression. It's not going to cure it, but the endorphin rush will boost your self esteem, lower stress/anxiety and improve sleep. Try finding something you enjoy, maybe some form of dancing. Often getting out of or better coping with depression is changes to your lifestyle. I've had depression.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    The thing is, I've already seen a professional about my back pains. When it got to the point in which it was unbearable, I went to the emergency room. The doctor diagnosed the condition as a back sprain, and gave me a shot and some pills. If my back starts to hurt or if I have to stand or walk for a long time, he said just use a heating pad when I get home. The problem is my weight. If I get my weight down, I won't have back pains.

I don't want to give up on losing weight and being a healthy person and feeling good. I'm going to keep trying. It looks like I'm going to have to work out my depression and psychological problems before I can become healthy with consistency and discipline. The reason why I cave in and eat during my hunger pains is tied to depression.

I will say this:

If you feel your strain something or its too hard on your joiunts try finding a local swimming pool you can exercise in, you may find being able to just even walk up and down in a swimming pool helpful.

Exercise bikes are great and low impact on your body.

Regarding back sprain, I had a very sore back two years ago and it felt "tight" in my muscles right down my left leg. It turned out I had a what they call a "back mouse" and it was impacting my sciatic nerve.

The technical term is Episacroiliac Lipoma, and can impact many people who sit at a desk or do heavy lifting.
    I would suggest checking to see if you have one, it will be aggravated after exercise and it does feel like a back strain.

And yes exercise and depression, don't like each other, the high you get from letting your endorphins rush you is a natural anti-depressant.
    I find if I don't exercise I get down, I try to get to at least my one game of indoor cricket a week.
    Last edited by mynd; 05-21-2014 at 00:24.

ADMiNiSTRaToR

Doctors generally just want to give you medication for an issue that could be addressed otherwise. You need to have your doctor refer you to a back specialist so they can actually take care of your issue from a therapeutic standpoint. Taking meds isn't going to make it go away, it's only a temporary fix. You need a therapist that can work with you slowly to get you back to feeling normal again. Doctors are basically useless and all they're really good for is general diagnosis and referring you to a specialist that deals in the area that you need help with. I've had the right half of my knee replaced and I can tell you firsthand how useless doctors are. I had to go to an orthopedic surgeon to get a proper diagnosis.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I have not done any kind of workouts since January! So, motivation is down, Form is gone and i became lazy!

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    I have not done any kind of workouts since January! So, motivation is down, Form is gone and i became lazy!
    Why? Get back on the fitness train.

Thread Information