Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 91101 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2623
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PSU PC Gamers Unite!

Cost me a lot more than it would cost you back in the states that's for sure!! It's a very nice screen though it's only TN but it looks very good. But a TN is a TN so the viewing angled aren't anywhere near the quality of an IPS but you can see how I would sit so it wouldn't be a problem for me. The stand has a really good but of cable tidying function to it which was a nice treat and I've now wired my headset up into the monitor rather than into my actual tower.

I actually only installed MC again to mess around with the Seus shader mod (if you haven't tried it already, I definitely recommend having a little go with it. It makes Minecraft super sexy) but I'll be up for it sometime. I'm more tempted to try playing a bit of Space Engineers some time.

Another one which could be quite fun is either Contagion or No more room in hell. Both are 8 player co-op zombie games which I can imagine being quite fun. Contagion is an early access game which is quite fun as very slow and the zombies only die from head shots, ammo is rare and team work is a must. Very slow compared to L4D.

I haven't had a chance to play No more room in hell but it looks quite fun. The devs have said its similar to an old zombie movie... Oh and it has zombie children, who wouldn't want to shoot a child zombie right between those sweet baby blues. It's a source engine mod and it is also free to play.

Last edited by BBK..; 08-24-2014 at 20:57.

Friendship is Carrots
    No More Room in hell is really awesome and surprisingly strategic at times. Me and my cousin played it a while back and we loved it. And it's free!
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Sage

PSU PC Gamers Unite!

Oh you've played it? Is it worth a download then? We and a few others definitely need to try and find a time we can all play something at. Got a teamspeak server we can all access as well. Just the case of organising time and game for us all to play. Depending on numbers

I've just started trying to play DoTA though I think I might mind to LoL as that's what most of my friends play. Decided it's time I tried the MOBA genre
    Last edited by BBK..; 08-24-2014 at 21:39.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well if you do start playing LoL then I wouldn't mind getting back into it and helping out - I'm a support player so it'll help you out.

Elite Sage
    Yeah I definitely will. I got a friend who lives on it and keeps asking me to play. I'll download it this week

You've got a microphone right?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Indeedy I do, and Teamspeak.

Elite Sage
    Awesome, me and my friends have a 30 slots TS server I'll have to give you the details to you. And also Nerevar if he ever fancies some coms if we get this thread back up running for the purpose of getting some games on the go

Friendship is Carrots
    I'm usually on 8-12 hours almost every day. I'm waiting on all you guys.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Elite Sage
    Saturday work for you two?

Friendship is Carrots
    Sure.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Fine with me.

Elite Sage
    Ok I have an issue. I have an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard and I can't seem to boot into UEFI since having my new monitor as supposedly it's tricky to get Display port to work and it's obviously not at the native resolution. Any ideas how I can get it to display?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Most, if not all, UEFI motherboard have Windows software that allows for direct bios control. You might want to try looking on the Asustek website to see if they have any software that allows for it: http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/...Desk_Download/

Elite Sage
    Ooh. I'll give that a blast when I get home and hope I can find something. If not I might flash CMOS

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I just mash the button that sends it to BIOS until it shows up on screen. My monitor takes too long to "connect" after a reboot so misses the prompts.

Elite Sage
    Yeah I did that. I know it's F2 to get into it but when I did that I just had a black screen. I only recently noticed that I don't get POST screen or my ROG splash screen when it boots up.

Friendship is Carrots
    Hey guys, I feel like a $#@! for saying this but I probably won't be able to play on Sunday (unless it's later in the evening for me, but I doubt that since you Brits are already ahead of me by 7 hours). Plans beyond my control sprung up for this weekend.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I don't believe this, I just got banned from the Overclockers forum because I wanted to purchase a case off someone who was going to buy a new one from them. Now I know trading is allowed on the forums but I got banned because it wasn't in the "MM". Well I wrote this to them:
    I was posting in a thread where a user was wanting to purchase a new case. As I was looking at purchasing the same case he was evidently going to get rid of I asked him if he wanted to sell it. He told me that I had to click the "trust" button on the forums to contact him so I did.

The next minute I was banned for "Trading outside of MM". I have some questions regarding this:
    1) What is MM?
    2) If there is a trading forum then I cannot find it anywhere

Seeing as I have never heard of this rule anywhere nor seen this "MM" or whatever it is then I feel that it is absolutely absurd to ban someone for not knowing anything about this trading forum when it isn't even clear anywhere. Instead you should have simply directed me and the other person so that we know what to do next time.

So what I would like you to tell me is this:
    1) What is MM?
    2) Where is the trading forum?
    3) Where in the rules does it mention anything about this - this is not clear!

Considering that I have orders with you as we speak I am very inclined for removing my order from you and not even using your services in the future if you outright ban like this with no proper explanation or warning for something which isn't in the slightest bit clear.

I have been a customer of yours since 2005 and I would not like to not use this place again because of this circumstance.
    This is where I've got my monitor currently pre-ordered and it is released on Friday next week so if they don't unban me for something like this then I'll want my money back and I'll take my business in future elsewhere.

Elite Sage
    That's seems very unreasonable especially from Overclockers as their service is usually too notch. And you get haribo.

Off to Scan I suppose?

Supreme Veteran
    Not bought anything from over clockers since around 2006/2007, last thing I bought was a power supply that didn't fit in my case, I sent it back stating they did not have dimensions on their site for the item I bought.
    I got my money back for the PSU but not the deliver back to them
    Last edited by keefy; 08-30-2014 at 01:10.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I have always been a customers of their since actually now that I think about it around 2002 when I started going to Staffordshire University (OcUK was only 14 miles away in Stoke). This is the first time I have ever had anything like this happen to me and I don't even know why. Even the other guy is pissed off at them and he's been getting stuff only from them since 2009 (he's a big modder) - not a good way to piss off 2 long-term loyal customers. The bonus for both of us is that because we have over 100 posts on their forums we get next day (including Saturday) delivery free! This actually means that shopping at OcUK generally ends up cheapest even if the product was cheaper elsewhere.

Supreme Veteran
    I buy as much stuff as possible from Aria since its local to me, they don't have a huge selection of high end stuff but for the common things of memory, graphics cards and hard drives etc they have a decent selection. If I want more cutting edge stuff I go to Scan which is a bit further but still driving distance and is where I bought my new headphones from.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I have purchased some things from Novatech in the past as they were literally just down the road from me in the South West but they've closed all of their stores now and gone online only.

Elite Sage
    I must confess. My bad Varsh I was an idiot this weekend on got distracted playing South Park - which is awesome by the way. And then I noticed it was double xp weekend on BF4 and played lots of that 😔

But… GSync…

It is amazing. I was underwhelmed when I first had it running and didn't see the big deal but after gaming on it for quite a few hours going back to a non GSync display just feels wrong. It's like there is an extra later between you and your display that gets in the way, GSync gets rid of that and 60fps feels just as smooth as BF4 did at 90-100fps. You'll love it when you get your display man.

Linus is right though, it'll be a hard sell to anyone who hasn't actually seen it in the flesh and used it.

Supreme Veteran
    So the input lag is non existent with Gsync?

Thread Information