Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 100110
Results 2,726 to 2,746 of 2746
    Elite Sage

So, who is getting GTA V? it's been a long and at times painful wait but the wait is almost over.

I've been playing a bit of Altis life recently. Robbed a few guys at the gun-store then flew off in our helicopter to pick up a friend who had been surrounded by another group of players in helicopters because he killed their friend and stole his heroin We luckily extracted him in time and also stole a lot more of their heroin

I have a feeling they'll be hunting for us for the next few days.

Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I feel like I am the only person in the world that doesn't like GTA. i've tried, but I just can't get into it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I'm also not a lover of GTA. I liked the first two games and GTA London because they were top down and comical but after that they lost the charm and became more realistic - not my kind of thing.

Elite Sage

I'm just looking forward to the multiplayer more than anything. I love most things where I can play multiplayer in open world

Elite Sage

So.. i'm plotting my next PC purchase, which will be the graphics department.

I'm going to wait out until I can get a 6-8GB VRAM card but it's got me thinking. Currently I have a 3GB GTX 780 SC which is performing pretty well at 1440p but I want to get close to that magical 90fps again (I miss gaming at 120fps ) so I need more power. Here's the question.

Do i...

A) Sell my 780 and get a GTX X80 card
    B) Get an X80 and keep my 780 for PhysX
    C) Sell my 780 and buy a X80 along with a X60Ti for PhysX

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    There's no need to go for a dedicated PhysX card at the moment, I run my PhysX off the CPU and even on my old i7-3820 it was perfectly fine. A single GTX980 can easily get what you want, hell I can keep a constant 60FPS (miss my 120Hz monitors) on most of my games at 4k with only 4GB VRAM. I've yet to try it out with Shadow of Mordor which I have downloading now so I'll let you know how that goes. But as of right now for the games I do play at 1440p I don't see the need of requiring over 4GB VRAM as of present.

Personally if I had a choice I would wait out for a Titan based 9 series (12GB VRAM with that most likely). If you sold your 780 then get a 980 as a 970 wouldn't be a worthwhile upgrade from what you have already. To be honest the card you have is still one of the best performers already so I'd wait.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    So.. i'm plotting my next PC purchase, which will be the graphics department.

I'm going to wait out until I can get a 6-8GB VRAM card but it's got me thinking. Currently I have a 3GB GTX 780 SC which is performing pretty well at 1440p but I want to get close to that magical 90fps again (I miss gaming at 120fps ) so I need more power. Here's the question.

Do i...

A) Sell my 780 and get a GTX X80 card
    B) Get an X80 and keep my 780 for PhysX
    C) Sell my 780 and buy a X80 along with a X60Ti for PhysX
    http://www.volnapc.com/all-posts/how...hysx-card-make
    read this when i was deciding what to do with my 660.

Seems average Frame rates fair better with a dedicated PhysX card.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    There's no need to go for a dedicated PhysX card at the moment, I run my PhysX off the CPU and even on my old i7-3820 it was perfectly fine. A single GTX980 can easily get what you want, hell I can keep a constant 60FPS (miss my 120Hz monitors) on most of my games at 4k with only 4GB VRAM. I've yet to try it out with Shadow of Mordor which I have downloading now so I'll let you know how that goes. But as of right now for the games I do play at 1440p I don't see the need of requiring over 4GB VRAM as of present.
    You ran your PhysX off the CPU? That must have been....interesting
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

I have a i7 3930K, albeit back at stock speeds now as it decided it didn't like the overclock a few months ago, might see how that handles PhsyX. I was thinking that a dedicated PhysX card might not be needed but I hate the hit performance takes when you crank PhysX up to high. Having a dedicated card just for that would work wonders, I expect.

Plus it would look killer having two GPUs and a small GPU for PhysX I blame my friend. He recently built a PC and now it's given me the itch.

Realistically, you are right, Varsh. My 780 is coping pretty well, coupled with GSync the occasional frame-rate dip no longer bothers me but I would love to hit the ceiling of my 144Hz screen.

I'm not thinking of getting the 9 series though. I always think it's best to wait 3 series before getting a new GPU but if ones come out with substantially more VRAM then I'm definitely going to be keeping a close eye on it.

I've been putting off draining my system and redoing the loop but that needs to be done soon.

Thinking about getting a different fan controller as I really don't like my current one anymore and some white PSU cables to match my tubing. If I can buy a dremmel gun I might go all out and put my PC out of commission for a few days and put in another radiator and reservoir and mod my case. Choices choices.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well I Went from a 6 series to a 9 series so that's 3 generations for me and that seems to be the sweetspot for upgrades I find when it comes to graphics cards (although I did go from a GTX295 to a GTX680). 2 generations don't seem to be worthwhile so if you are wanting to add a 240 rad or something then go for that.

I've just purchased two more BeQuiet! Silent Wings II 120/140 fans for my case so now it'll have enough airflow at higher RPM and still silent to the ear. The only thing I absolutely hate are my PSU leads and I've been thinking about purchasing some 18AWG wire, some PSU connectors, various peripheral connectors (GPU, molex, and IDE connectors), braiding, and having the wire cut to length so that everything is super neat inside the case and it should then allow me to have one more 120 fan at the bottom.

Have the braiding white too so then I can get a window for my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    You ran your PhysX off the CPU? That must have been....interesting
    Considering that games don't utilise the full thread count of your CPU, having the PhysX using your CPU (a single thread) doesn't really impact performance at all. You can set what calculates PhysX in the Nvidia Control Panel, I've set mine to CPU and I've never had an issue.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Considering that games don't utilise the full thread count of your CPU, having the PhysX using your CPU (a single thread) doesn't really impact performance at all. You can set what calculates PhysX in the Nvidia Control Panel, I've set mine to CPU and I've never had an issue.
    Batman is a single threaded game, and my 8320 struggles if i run PhysX on it, even though it still has 7 threads available

It's something like a 25% loss of performance.

But, that could just be my CPU. Pretty decent chip...not for anything running on a single thread, however.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

I'm gonna give that a go Varsh, didn't realise you could do that. I wont get a chance to play with my PC until back from Paris though.

You guys, if you have Arma should check out this mod. It's pretty damn good. All roleplaying but you can have a good laugh on it.
    http://grandtheftaltis.co.uk/features

Elite Sage

Heh, another Steam-Shame moment. http://steamleft.com/

Terry Wogan
    It would take you...
    2373 continuous hours
    98 days,21 hours,35 minutes
    of gameplay to complete your Steam library

In this time I could....

Download 11 1080p movies... on a 56K modem

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Fijiandoce
    It would take you...
    856 continuous hours
    35 days,16 hours,44 minutes
    of gameplay to complete your Steam library

IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...
    Fly around the world 21 times
    I'm still trying to finish Dragon Age T_T
    My list of games i've yet to finish keeps getting bigger....Being an adult stinks, screw this, i want my free time back

There's also Alien Isolation, Final Fantasy, Transistor, Bastion....oh my!

However, would definitely pick the 21 flights around the world if it was given as a trade for my game time!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    7993 continuous hours
    333 days,1 hour,43 minutes

Not bad not bad. I'm working towards it! Now if only it counted games from long past. :P

Sonata Dusk
    1893 continuous hours
    78 days,21 hours,1 minutes

I could drive across Russia 24 times. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    1444 continuous hours
    60 days,4 hours,38 minutes

x)

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Do I win a special medal?

Sonata Dusk
    Congratulation on the massive e-$#@!, Varsh.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    7993 continuous hours
    333 days,1 hour,43 minutes

Not bad not bad. I'm working towards it! Now if only it counted games from long past. :P
    You should reach a full year.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Theme Hospital is currently free on Origin. Grab it now before the timer expires!

Sonata Dusk
    Upgraded to 16GB. Probably going to order a second batch. Total then would be 240$. Here's the set I bought.

One blue stick above has as much space as the other four black sticks combined. My system already feels 'snappier' and I'm enjoying the extra space. I do a lot of multitasking and 8GB of RAM just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Thread Information