Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 101111
Results 2,751 to 2,755 of 2755
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    The cards are different. This issue is at the hardware level. Nvidia lied to people. Some games now and more in the future can absolutely hit that bottleneck of 3.5GB. Nvidia is planning to release a driver that locks the cards to 3.5GB.

I'd suggest canceling the order but it's obviously your choice.
    Nah, i think i should be good. I don't run high screen resolutions and high MSAA. So that helps the VRAM footprint.

By the time the card is routinely sitting at 3.5GBVRAM @ 1200p i'll probably be in the market for a new system anyways...if at all. I finished Dragon Age in a week. Still chugging through DAI months later :/

But damn, guess you can add even more envy to my already envious soul now
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:12.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I was thinking of buying Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones and getting a Mod Mic for it. Anyone ever have these and could you tell me the comfort level of them? I have had bad luck with headphones and headsets all my life in terms of comfort. I think i may have sensitive ears.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    How'd you use up 8GB of RAM. I'm still wondering what i could do to fill my 8GB's up.

The closest i got was having Chrome open and playing Planetside at the same time, even then i only used ~7.1 GB

Mind you, wouldn't mind a lot of ram and trying out one of those RAMDisk things....
    I've hit ~29GB RAM usage several times, point cloud data eats your RAM up like crazy.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    In preparation for my incoming 970, i modded the absolute bejeejus out of my copy of skyrim (not that i hadn't already). Went and found the most wasteful 4K texture packs i could find. Equipped what i think to be the most complex armour i had installed (one from the immersive armour series) and turned all settings on my ENB to max (sort of).

Card arrived today, installed it no problems. Cleaned out drivers etc. etc. Was fully expecting ~30fps (just for lols). Turns out, i've gone from being GPU bound at ~20fps(after aforementioned extra modding) to being CPU bound at ~50fps.

Quite happy with the card. Even with all the extra texture packs (which i could barely notice without running up to things) my memory usage was ~2.6GB +/- 200MB

Next is to try running the 660 as a dedicated physX card and seeing what set-up is best for me

EDIT:
    After extensive testing (not really), my GTX 970 with a dedicated 660 for PhysX produces predominantly better frame-times (don't know how that is significant) and a slightly higher frame rate average.

3 runs with the Metro LL benchmark gave:
    970+660= 64 avg
    only 970= 61 avg

Doesn't give frame-time read outs but you can visibly see a smaller black area with the 970+660.

Also varsh, are you sure you get decent performance with PhysX? For lols i ran the test with just the CPU for physx and my FPS tanked when lots of PhysX kicked in (about halfway through the benchmark) looking at >10fps
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:09.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Benchmarks != real world scenarios.

I honestly have had zero problems using my CPU as the PhysX processor be it on my i7-3820 or my i7-5820K.

Thread Information