Thread: Just Got GT5

ComplyOrDie!

Just Got GT5

Ok as the title says I've just got around to picking it up.. Juts wanting a few tips before I jump into playing of what I should do and what not to do? Appreciate any comments guys

Forum Sage

If you play online, use the brake

Apprentice
    dont waste your money as there is a limit of 20,000,000 in the game
    do alot of grinding to level up and get more credits
    check the USD for rare cars
    and do trade
    happy driving
    playstation 80gb
    games: super street fighter 4 A E, tekkenDR, street fighter 2 HD remix, codmw2 , COD BO, GT5 tekken 6
    dead nation, mortal kombat 2 infamous, wipeout hd, pro evo 2011

2/2 successful trades on gt5

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Make sure to use similar/ less powerful cars in some of the easier races, to make it more fun.

ComplyOrDie!
    Thanks 4 feedback guys!

Superior Member
    Personally, i think the key to this game is borrowing cars off of people Sounds silly but really keeps the incentive up.

Um, feel free to add me on your PSN, just let me know you're from here.

ComplyOrDie!
    Thanks, The install time is beyond a joke man!

Make sure your B-spec campaign keeps pace with your A-spec, or if you sell your A-spec cars to buy the cars you want you'll end up buying them again on B-spec! I wasted a million credits doing that!
    'Giggedy'

like.no.other
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy_ View Post
    Ok as the title says I've just got around to picking it up.. Juts wanting a few tips before I jump into playing of what I should do and what not to do? Appreciate any comments guys
    The best advice I can give so you get the most out of the game is to:

• Mix things up a bit by not just starting out trying to do all of the licenses
    • Spend as little cash on cars as you can until you get to Extreme level in A-Spec. When you do need to spend a lot of cash, consider using the game save exploit to gift cars between main and sub-accounts.
    • Don't get hung up on getting gold on everything first time - you can always go back later with more experience and better cars
    • If you want to do B-Spec, start the career straight away in parallel with your A-Spec career. This way you can do one A-Spec race with a suitable car, and then use that same car (modified a bit maybe) for your B-Spec race.

I started out by doing the first license, then the special events that I qualified for, then a few of the early A-Spec races. After leveling up a bit, I'd go and do the next license, a few more special events, and a few more A-Spec races. I just kept on doing this cycle and found it a very natural and steady progression through the game. I won loads of cars and had a few million in credits without too much effort.

Once I'd completed everything up to Extreme level in A-Spec, I started my grind for cash to get to 20,000,000, and after that, grinding for XP to get to level 30. I just wanted to get to a point where I could buy any car available to me in the game without necessarily having to rely on trading, using the game save exploit to get the 20,000,000 cars for free.
    Phat boy gone slim!

If you can afford one get a wheel enhances the game by 10 IMO plus you will be quicker and easier to race against cleanly to fellow online racers.
    PSN ID: nissan_s13_240sx.....
    Games playing,,,,GT5TT/GT5:P,Ferrari Challenge, Dirt 2 (G27 wheel)Uncharted 1
    Coming Soon,,,,Uncharted 2,Dirt 2,GT5(hopefully somewhat soon fall?)

like.no.other
    Quote Originally Posted by pullmehome View Post
    If you can afford one get a wheel enhances the game by 10 IMO plus you will be quicker and easier to race against cleanly to fellow online racers.
    Unless you are like me, and actually slower with a wheel...
    Phat boy gone slim!

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Make sure to use similar/ less powerful cars in some of the easier races, to make it more fun.
    I could vouch this is fun!

First of all, to get into a habit of playing the game buying/driving only premium cars. There are hidden gems in those standard cars under the Used Car Dealership, it can get addicting waiting for the one or a couple of cars you want to show up. I'm still waiting on my Mustang. :P

Second, I'm sorry to say this but that long install is nothing, until you run the other install via the options to make things load a little more faster. It wont be long as the initial install. Its optional though, but I really suggest you do it.

Lastly, if you have extra money to spare and can set up a cheap $#@!pit alternative, or even buy a gaming racing pod, go look for a driving wheel. There are alot of fun and it really brings you closer to the game. It is just so much different compare to playing it with a controller. Remember to turn off all driving aids of except for ABS at 1, to somewhat have a 1:1 with the ingame car.

I suggest you look into Logitech wheels, Driving Force GT, G25 or the G27.

The Driving Force GT(DFGT) is the official wheel since GT:P was released, its a nice affordable wheel, you can find it cheap in most places. It has paddle shifters and sequential shifter, no H shifter but it is still very good. It comes with a pedals, no clutch though.

If you still have extra money to burn and want a steering wheel with H shifter, then go for the G25 or the G27. Both wheel's prices has gone up especially when GT5 came out, but maybe you can still find some that is still affordable online or even retail. Both come with H shifters and added a clutch with the pedals.

If you made up your mind of getting a wheel, consider your set up or your racing $#@!pit. I have DFGT and my set up is just a simple tv tray with a lounge chair(really comfortable chair). I balance it around with water bottles to add more weight on the table. Your set-up can be cheap or homemade, or you can invest on some playingseats/racing pods, that comes with a bucket racing seat, and is fully design to simulate racing. There are some cheaper alternatives to those racing rigs but are not too cheap like my set-up, check out the wheelstandpro. Its simple, but its effective. I would get one myself but I have to import.

Hope these help!

EDIT: After seeing that your from the UK, you are more open to those playseats and gaming rigs, far more than me. lol

ComplyOrDie!
    Thanks for the great tips and feedback guys, hope to see yall on the t rack soon

Buggbob
    Help??

Just set up my new PS3 GF wheel all controls work(gas/buttons/brake)but wheel has no steering??

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggbob View Post
    Help??

Just set up my new PS3 GF wheel all controls work(gas/buttons/brake)but wheel has no steering??
    Try restting the PS3 and load the game up.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Try resetting the PS3 and load the game up.

Buggbob

Thanks John25 that reset did the trick!! Steering works!

Quote Originally Posted by Buggbob View Post
    Help??

Dedicated Member
    Can someone clarify this 20,000,000 limit? Please tell me you mean you can earn 20,000,000 then spend say 10,000,000 & build back up to 20 & not just earn 20,000,000 in total! If that makes sense.

Thread Information