Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What if someone logged in as a different name and gave their other name more rep points on a continuous basis.... Is this being monitored?

Undercover Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    What if someone logged in as a different name and gave their other name more rep points on a continuous basis.... Is this being monitored?
    That person would first have to make 1000 posts and give himself 1 rep every 24 hrs and also give 5 other ppl rep as well! If they go through this touble with out getting cought they deserve the rep and then some!

-Zaku-
    So no rep power means your reps don't count towards another persons?

Master Sage

That is true im afraid.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Another forum had this and it didnt turn out good,there were stuff like reptrades.lots of rep*hores and some made a group so they could put a negative rep on one guy.
    Well i hope it works out here.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Another forum had this and it didnt turn out good,there where stuff like reptrades.alots of rep*hores and some made a group so they could put a negative rep on one guy.
    Well i hope it works out here.
    That won't happen here, we will make sure to eliminate -ve rep (IF there is no reason or the reason is not a good one ie: because you like cheese!!!)

If anyone does this continusly they WILL BE banned.

Forum Sage
    A little question.

What if somebody gives you bad rep just for "fun" or something like that?

For example, I've been given bad rep for this post:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread....100#post543100

Just wondering.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Tribunal
    Then you can get it taken away. You can even get the mod to tell you the person that did it to you. *gasp* Or well, atleast they can tell you, I'm not sure if they actually do.

Master Sage

You should tell a mod about this! I see no reason for that-rep.

Apprentice
    This was very helpful. Thanks Morpheus

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    morph u said your rep points wont change if the repper gained more rep power right. what if you repped by someone with under 500 posts and u get no rep points from it. that doesn't seem too fair to repper or to the....repee?

Power Member
    Well I can say after reading all this, I am still confused. My rep power that is under my avatar is something like 13. But under my Usercp its 48points.

Dedicated Member
    Yeah I dont get that either, I have 17 rep points as far as posts but below my avatar I have 2? I dont know how I got those ones.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Because one thing is the reputation you got, and the other is your reputaion power.
    Look, when you are reped, you get the same amount of Rep Power from the one that reped you. All the reps sum in one, and they make your reputation poins (the ones you were given)
    The 10 below my name is the amount of rep i will give to an user once i rep him.

Get it?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    yea know the difference between rep power and rep points.

but imma requote myself" morph u said your rep points wont change if the repper gained more rep power right. what if you repped by someone with under 500 posts and u get no rep points from it. that doesn't seem too fair to repper or to the....repee?"

Moderhater
    Yeah I don't think that is that fair either Dinamo.
    Is it possible to raise the limit of amount of reps you can give in 24 hours?
    I wanted to rep everyone who helped me in my "Acoustic or Electric Guitar?" thread, but I coudln't.

I know it probably won't happen as it helps stop rep whoring etc.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    i should find some guitar artical, post it, and get free rep.

and i know that raising rep points after a repper has gained some rep power is too much trouble but for the people with under 500 posts who rep i think after they get above 500 posts we should recieve their rep

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Because one thing is the reputation you got, and the other is your reputaion power.
    Look, when you are reped, you get the same amount of Rep Power from the one that reped you. All the reps sum in one, and they make your reputation poins (the ones you were given)
    The 10 below my name is the amount of rep i will give to an user once i rep him.

Get it?
    So if you rep me my rep will go up by ten ? No way ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my icons are now for sale

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    your total rep points will go up by ten but your rep power will not.
    REMEMBER REP POINTS=/=REP POWER

Apprentice
    I am...confused. I just signed on yesterday and noticed my rep power was 4 but how can I see the details on it?

Thanks to NoUseMercenary for the sig. Great work!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by King.Kong View Post
    I am...confused. I just signed on yesterday and noticed my rep power was 4 but how can I see the details on it?
    I think what you do is go to UserCP and once you are in there it will have stuff open that says "Last Reputation Received" If the person commented, it will say his or her name ONLY if they have inserted it there for your knowledge. (I believe this to be true) Also, the comment will be displayed (With the name if they input it)

Your total Reputation Points will be displayed on the upper right corner of the "Last Reputation Received" Box. (It will say (Number) Point(s) Total) (For example, mine reads "17 point(s) total")

If you still are having problems in this repping business, you may want to PM (Send Personal Message) a Moderator or Admin. Such as The_One, Morpheus, Rebon, and so on.. i(Color coded names' meanings are displayed on the bottom of the forum's home page)Admin = red; Super moderators = Green; Senior Council Members = Blue, Design Squad = Purple, Techinal staff = Orange (I think); Members = Grey; and Users waiting for confirmation emails = light blueish grey (lol). (Panda Bear Shenyu and The_One are very helpful in my opinion)

Glad to help if I have helped at all.

-J

Thank you
    Thorzilla

-----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi
    My name isn't a mispelled Nazi,goddamn.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jey View Post
    I think what you do is go to UserCP and once you are in there it will have stuff open that says "Last Reputation Received" If the person commented, it will say his or her name ONLY if they have inserted it there for your knowledge. (I believe this to be true) Also, the comment will be displayed (With the name if they input it)
    The thing is when I go to my UserCP it doesn't show the "Last Reputation Received" message, it just shows my suscribed threads.

Thanks to NoUseMercenary for the sig. Great work!

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    Yeah then you didnt get any rep but then how do you have all the rep power Im has confused has you.
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by King.Kong View Post
    The thing is when I go to my UserCP it doesn't show the "Last Reputation Received" message, it just shows my suscribed threads.
    Hmm... let me check to see if I can close and re open it in a different place...; maybe you have to find where the reputation received box is located in UserCP... Just a moment... Hmm... I cannot find anywhere you can manually open the "Latest Reputation Received", it has always been up there when I go to UserCP since I have gotten a reputation (Mind you, I have only received one rep+)

Let me try to evaluate some explainations..
    If you received many of these reputations long ago, maybe the comments have been deleted from your UserCP.
    Perhaps none of these reputees ever commented on why they repped you, in this case you might have not gotten any notice? (Doubt that is the problem..)
    Maybe the box is minimized, if you can see a long rectangle under the Threads box, that says "Latest Reputation Received", and it has the arrow on the right side of it pointing down, then simply click that arrow to reveal information.

I do believe that it is always shown under Subscribed Thread, and in detail of it tells in which thread you were repped, the date of repping, and the comment (if any).

Sorry if none of this helped. I am as we all are, (I hope) a human being :/ (In that, I do not know the answers to all questions ... Yes it is surprising, but I really don't :P)

P.S. - If this problem indeed does persist, I highly recommend you to Personal Message an Admin, Moderator, or Senior Council Member. (The_One seems to reply quite fast :P)
    They should be able to atleast get you started on how to resolve the problem, if not even solve the problem for you in their reply .

-J

Thank you
    Thorzilla

-----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi
    My name isn't a mispelled Nazi,goddamn.

andybrow2310
    Rep is great although i've been a member of the site nearly a year.. i only just got my first lot of reputation a few days ago... Made me feel good though.

Thread Information