Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 61626 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMartin1967 View Post
    I seen on some of your wallpaper screenshots that you's only had firefox, IE or both.

I have AOL ( Absolute Crap) so if a cancel my contract with them, will i be able to keep my wireless router etc, and therefore my wireless LAN with my laptop and PC , and use Firefox or IE and not pay?
    If you are renting the router from them, you will probably have to give it back. You don't need internet access for a LAN in your home, as you will be able to share files between your computers,ps3,etc, but obviously you won't have access to the internet. If you already have an internet service provider, but then use the aol browser on top of it, dump aol as fast as you can. It really does suck. If you use aol exclusively as your provider, then I recommend getting a different provider. I would use firefox personally as browser of choice.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

I just started to put together my new computer, I have dvd-r,GA-P35-DS3L,e8400, older ddr2 ram (till new ram comes in), and an old video card (till my new one comes in), and hard dirve. I have everything in the computer turns on fine, the keyboard lights, light up initially, but than they turn off and the keyboard is not useable,. I have not gotten to where I can try and start windows, just the initial gigabyte screen comes up.. Is there something I can do, this is my first time trying to build a machine and can't figure out whats going wrong

GuitarrassDeAmor
    If it is a USB keyboard, try a PS/2 one as they sometimes don't work (USB ones) with new configs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarasDeAmor View Post
    If it is a USB keyboard, try a PS/2 one as they sometimes don't work (USB ones) with new configs and such.
    tried a ps/2 keyboard no luck

BIG DADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo-Mercenary View Post
    I need help with my PC. Sometimes a leg comes from the disc drive and kicks my penic repeatedly. What do I do to prevent this..?

Position the computer tower so that the disc drive faces away from your pelvic region. If you are unable to do this, due to wiring or space issues; then simply wear an athletic cup to protect your vulnerable nether regions.

Another option would be to simply give in to you masochistic desires and allow it to pummell away at your tender baby making parts.

Either way you go, good luck to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to SteelSamurai for the sig & avatar!
    320 GB PS3, Wii, 360 Elite & Mistsubishi 65" DLP 1080P
    "I never eat before a mission. Slows you down. I gotta be light on my feet like a dancer. Like a f-ing ninja!"

Dedicated Member

Hi guys when I try and run portal I get an error that says:

"Engine Error: Could not load library client"

When I click the icon music plays and the valve screen comes up, followed by a "Powered by source" screen at which point it crashes and I get the error message.

My specs are
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz
    2GB RAM
    Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, 64-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
    DX10

These should be more than enough to play it.

I have tried google but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolio View Post
    Hi guys when I try and run portal I get an error that says:

"Engine Error: Could not load library client"

When I click the icon music plays and the valve screen comes up, followed by a "Powered by source" screen at which point it crashes and I get the error message.

My specs are
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz
    2GB RAM
    Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, 64-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
    DX10

These should be more than enough to play it.

I have tried google but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
    The Error: Could not load library client
    The Problem: Source SDK didn't copy two .dll's to your mod directory for it to work.
    The Solution: go into your half-life 2 bin folder (example: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\\half-life 2\hl2\bin)
    there will be two dll's inside, 'client.dll' and 'server.dll'. copy them then go into your mod directory. create a folder called 'bin' and paste the two dll's inside.

In your case itll be something like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\\portal\hl2\bin

Hope it works, Good luck!

Dedicated Member
    I ran most of the antivirus programs like avast, norton spyware doctor, etc, and I can access websites that are m bookmarks but i can't search for anything in google or logon to facebook. Please help! I believe its malware.

GuitarrassDeAmor
    CCleaner, AVG....run them in safe mode.

Superior Member
    I'm lookinf for the best Graphics Card on the market. Can anybody help? Send me a PM if posible.. Thanks! +Rep to anyone that helps..
    A good friend once said to me...
    "Give a man a copy of the sims and within a few minutes he's trying to make two girls kiss. Give a man an online shooter and before u know it there is more tea bagging than actual shooting..."

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo-Mercenary View Post
    I'm lookinf for the best Graphics Card on the market. Can anybody help? Send me a PM if posible.. Thanks! +Rep to anyone that helps..
    Okay, firstly is money an issue? Because if not, then I would still advise you to get a best bang for buck video card such as an 8800gt or 9600gt. Also what games do you intend on playing?

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Apprentice
    I saw this Game that i Really really really want, But it says thats it's for Windows 98/Me/95. Will It still work on Windows xp?
    PSN ID: xlr8ter
    Help create jobs for my people: http://puto-city.myminicity.com/ind
    Come visit my city: http://puto-city.myminicity.com

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes it will with a little configuring.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarasDeAmor View Post
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes it will with a little configuring.
    what configuring will I have to do exactly? Cause Im not very good when It comes to computers...
    PSN ID: xlr8ter
    Help create jobs for my people: http://puto-city.myminicity.com/ind
    Come visit my city: http://puto-city.myminicity.com

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Install the game.

Then go into properties and run it in Windows 98 mode.

Dedicated Member
    Right now I have AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy. I didn't even have Spybot until I caught this nasty Awola thing. I'm about to reformat my computer because of what Symantec did to it. Apparently it got ticked off when I tried to delete it and now everytime I right click an icon on my desktop this windows installer thing pops up asking for some random source file. Can anyone suggest a good anti-virus/anti-spyware combination or is mine good enough already?

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Add CCleaner.

That is all you need!

Dedicated Member
    How does ccleaner get rid of malware and viruses since it only cleans specific areas? Or do you mean add ccleaner to the avg and spybot-search and destroy I already had? I actually had to reformat my computer a lot sooner than I had planned. Suddenly my computer was getting hit by a ton of malware and windows was telling me that someone was trying to gain access to my comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    Hi all. Another month, another problem with my computer. Every time my computer breaks down (and it has done consistantly for the past fifteen months), I always seem to get a 'please insert boot device' error. It's completely impossible to progress past that screen and I have to take it to the repair shop once again.

Oddly though, sometimes when I leave the computer turned off for a while and then turn it back on again, it loads up Windows XP as normal but after a few minutes it freezes when using any program and I'm forced to reset it.

It seems like the computer has difficulty progressing past the initial boot up screen and sticks where it's trying to recognise my hard drive.

I'd be very grateful if some of you can suggest anything to try and fix this problem. I know it's a bit vague but it seems like a common problem from the searches I've done on Google.
    I dunno if you've tried this, but check for an updated BIOS and reinstall it.
    Advertising of any kind is not allowed in the forums~AJJets

Dedicated Member
    I have a macbook pro(15") and I have a wired router that i use for my desktops in my house. Right now the macbook is connected through a cable but when I try to search for wireless networks none show up. Will I have to buy a wireless router? Thanks for any help!

GuitarrassDeAmor
    No, you don't have to get a wireless router, the signal magically broadcasts through the air.

Yes

Dedicated Member
    Well from my house I'm not picking up any signals. Could it be the interference from my other electronic devices?

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Oh my lord.

YOU HAVE TO GET A WIRELESS ROUTER TO GET A WIRELESS SIGNAL.

Even my grandpa knows that.

Dedicated Member
    Alright calm down, I didn't look sorry. Which wireless router do you recommend?

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Depends. I use Linksys now, and it is a ********* to get working and running. If you have wireless N, I suggest going that route, and get a Linksys or a Netgear (the N might be improved in Linksys, but I hate my wireless G one). If you have G, I would get a Netgear or a D-Link, Linksys if you want to take time to screw with it.

Thread Information