Latest PSU headlines:

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71727 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    I know what you mean about the linksys. Took me a while to set it up but for some reason my desktop and laptop get really slow internet when using it even though my 360 gets good wireless connection. Might be that my linksys is broken or something.

Master Poster

Hey guitar, do you use acronis? Im asking because i know your interested in computers and stuff, so am i, and i advise anyone to use it. Its like one of the best programs.

GuitarrassDeAmor
    No I don't. Data backup program, right? I just do all mine manually.

Master Poster

You'd have to have serperate partions on your hard drive. If your using acronis, you should have like maybe 5 partions, ill name mine. I have 5 seperate partions on my one hard drive, my first one is the system drive. I gave my first partion a name and i named it System. Then of course i give it a drive letter ( i put C). Then my second partion would be for my data, called Data. and then i give it the drive letter D. my third partiton, would be for my Storage. I use it for all my downloaded things and for extra storage. my fourth partion would be called Backup. I use this for the acronis file in order to backup what ever partion is needed to restore. And my fifth partiton is called PAGE. you might not know what i mean by this, but you should have a swap file, for page. Im not going to really go into much detail about it. Thats my five partitions that i personally use for acronis.

You can take an "image" of everything from your System partition and make it into a acronis file. Lets say you took a clean image of your System partition which contains your OS files, ect, and lets say you get infected with a trojan or so. And you need to restore your System Partion of your hard drive. Well, what i would do is boot up to acronis before windows starts and restore the image i took a while back of my system partition that had a nice clean installation of vista or xp that contains all the OS files. But since your ONLY restoring that perticular partion, it wouldnt wipe out your Data partion because thats where all your Documents and Settings are. Eg, my documents, ect. I use it as a system restore incase something happens bad to my pc. And then i would just load it before windows by pressing f11 or something and restore it to the System partion only. Or you could do it for your Data drive if you want. But the way i told you is the best way to use acronis.

Superior Member
    I used Acronis when I had XP, but now Vista allows you to create your own partitions so I don't use it anymore.

Forum Sage
    Can any one help im trying to re-do windows XP on my dad's pc, because for some unknowen reason to him the file System32 was removed, DUNNOH HOW, DONT ASK!

Now both his Hard drives at SATA and i dont have SP2, and for me to install XP onto his HDD i need to get the drivers for the SATA, ive downloaded and put onto a disk the Driver but the XP system set up is asking for textsystem.oem

because its asking for it and i aint got it, i googled it and not even got anything. WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!

Ive been working on this for 3 days. I NEED HELP BEFORE MY EYES MELT AND MY HEAD EXPLODES!

on my computer when i repair my Belkin Network device it can register the IP address. What should I do?

I hope Aaron Ramsey has a swift recovery

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Hold on.....what? It CAN or CAN'T?

cant repair ip address..................

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Do you have security on the router? How are you connected?

i dont have a security on the router and i am connected wirellesly

GuitarrassDeAmor
    What wireless card is in the desktop or laptop you are connecting from?

Belkin 802G is the wireles card im using

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Hmm...re-install the drivers and let those find the connection instead of Windows.

thanks for the tip. i will try and get back to you soon

Dedicated Member
    I'm using a torrent client and my speeds are slow to none. The port is forwarded properly but I keep getting an error that it isn't, and I followed the instructions for port forwarding down to the letter. I have all the settings and prefs. the right way, but it's just that i'm getting so few seeds with such slow d/l speeds.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    I'm using a torrent client and my speeds are slow to none. The port is forwarded properly but I keep getting an error that it isn't, and I followed the instructions for port forwarding down to the letter. I have all the settings and prefs. the right way, but it's just that i'm getting so few seeds with such slow d/l speeds.
    I will assume, because you like Dimmu as well, that your torrents are legal.

What client are you using?

Is this your first time using this or did it just start for no reason?

Who is your ISP and what torrent site are you using?

Have you tried enabling Encryption?
    VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    PSN ID: GrimDarkling F@H ID: Reaper (Team 54376) 1000th WU - 5/26/08
    PS3 Games: AC, DMC4 CE, HS, Motorstorm, NGS, Skate, TimeShift, Warhawk
    Selling icons. Contact if interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Every time I boot up I get the screen that says that the last system boot failed or the post was interrupted. Could someone diagnose the problem? Thanks!
    *Edit- I do not overclock.

GuitarrassDeAmor
    You would have to show us the screen.

Dedicated Member
    I got another problem. When I startup, Windows loads but it only gets to the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and task manager shows that explorer.exe is running. So what I have to do is stop explorer.exe and run it again.

GuitarrassDeAmor
    Re-format. That is the only option I can think of. Is explorer.exe a startup program for you...?

Dedicated Member
    It's working fine now, and all I did was restart a few times but yes it is a startup program.

GuitarrassDeAmor
    I meant is it in the msconifg....but w/e doesn't matter now.

Dedicated Member
    Actually I spoke too soon, it did it again. Can you help me Guitarrass?

i recently ruptured two capacitors on my motherboard and when i play games they get really bad slowdown, should i replace the capacitors or buy a new motherboard?

Thread Information