Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8ter View Post
    I need help

I recently updated my pc to XP service pack 3 (used to have SP2), And now I cant apply any themes Including the XP theme! I'm stuck with the windows classic theme and it's really ugly. Every time I try to change It I get something about "Run dll as an app" error.

Can someone please help me, this is getting really annoying!!!
    (bty: I already tryed updating my display drivers)
    Well,it seem that the service pack 3 corrupted part of your program.Try reinstalling serivce pack 3.If fail,then reinstalling of XP is the last option.

Oh do have a problem here with onilne game.when I try connect to a host(any host) the game (halo Trial) fail to connet even with the lowest ping.It is very slow when using internet.I try shutting down the firewall but still halo fail to connect and the problem countined on.Then i found out that Hide My Ip was causing all of this mess.After I deleted that program,the internet speed is back to it usual speed.However halo still can't connect.Any ideas?
    We are the G Police. In joining us you are now part of a task force assigned to restore peace amongst the people of Callisto and banish the terrorists and unscrupulous corporations from the planet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by asonda View Post
    Which version of windows? and what are the symptoms? any error messages?
    Well am guessing that a balloon to appear to your right bottom ask you to update then he must accepted.Nearly in an instant,a message show what update the computer did not install.
    We are the G Police. In joining us you are now part of a task force assigned to restore peace amongst the people of Callisto and banish the terrorists and unscrupulous corporations from the planet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    Been having a slight problem with my pc HP desktop. It is quite old, 5 years to be exact. But it is still working alright, recently had just reformatted it because of a virus.

The problem is that recently, the computer just turns itself off by no apparent reason at all. But the keyboard and mouse lights are still on. You can still hear the computer working, or I think its the fan but there is no activity. The screen is blank, its off but the monitor is on. When I press on the power button, it does not respond. All I have to do to switch is off to unplug it from the wall plug.

Been searching online in google. It may seem that my power supply may have some problems, or just over heating. Or maybe because its been on for 3 days straight? It didnt have this kind of problem before even going 3 days and over without being turned off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    hi im having trouble with my PC it keeps crashing or rebooting all the time especially if i run virus/spyware scans it just reboots but some times it just turns the monitor off so i have to press reset so any help would be nice thanks .im using win xp 32bit sp3

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8ter View Post
    I need help

I recently updated my pc to XP service pack 3 (used to have SP2), And now I cant apply any themes Including the XP theme! I'm stuck with the windows classic theme and it's really ugly. Every time I try to change It I get something about "Run dll as an app" error.

Can someone please help me, this is getting really annoying!!!
    (bty: I already tryed updating my display drivers)
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling sp3, it worked for me. To do it just click start->run->and type "%systemroot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe" and that'll start the uninstall process (sp2 will still be installed after uninstalling sp3)

sp3 has been causing a lot of the problems, even some of the random shutdowns and the such. If your having problems try this and see if it stops with sp2 (sp3 really isn't that important) installed then reinstall sp3 if you want.

Cheers

Apprentice
    I'm trying to get my old desktop set for gaming by upgrading the graphics and RAM, and connecting to my HDTV. I checked the specs on Packard Bells website mand it says the Graphics card is integrated, Does this mean I can't upgrade?
    Its a Packard Bell iMedia 1408 if that helps.

I also want to reinstall XP and format the HDD, how do i do that when XP was factory installed?

Any help is much appreciated
    When I can think of something interesting, I'll write it here.

Quote Originally Posted by SilversunSnake View Post
    I'm trying to get my old desktop set for gaming by upgrading the graphics and RAM, and connecting to my HDTV. I checked the specs on Packard Bells website mand it says the Graphics card is integrated, Does this mean I can't upgrade?
    Its a Packard Bell iMedia 1408 if that helps.

I also want to reinstall XP and format the HDD, how do i do that when XP was factory installed?

Any help is much appreciated
    It all depend on the motherboard.There should be a plug that allow you to add new hardware like sound card.And if you want to reinstall XP,then you should got that recovery disc from bell.It will format the HDD and will be reset to factory's setting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    There are 3 PCI slots and an AGP slot available
    When I can think of something interesting, I'll write it here.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Finally gave Vista the boot in the ***!

Windows XP, GA 945P S3 mother board, onboard PCI sound card,

I have no audio and can't find drivers to get it to work.

Would it be better to buy a real sound card? Install one of those in my many free slots?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Sage
    Oh nooooooooo!

All right i degfragmented my laptop yesterday and after it is finished i put it into stand by mode. And accidentally pull the plug out of the mains. Mysteriously enough the battery didn't come in and it is shut down "improperly" which i did all the time.

But when i reopen the laptop it shows that windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupted:
    hal.dll.............. So i decided to go into recovery console but nothing came up when i press R in windows setup. So i decided to repair and there isn't any options. All the above is i think because the corrupted windows is Xp Home and the Cd is Professional.

But silly enough i install the Xp professional in C:.
    Now i have two windows on one hard drive.**** Files and documents are not missing they are all there but all the settings are changed.***And there is a folder in C: which says Windows.0 and the first Xp Home's Windows folder. So what do i do to restore my previous windows and settings. Although i can do the work i usually did but the changed settings giving me a big headache.

Much Thanks

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by kyaw25 View Post
    Oh nooooooooo!

All right i degfragmented my laptop yesterday and after it is finished i put it into stand by mode. And accidentally pull the plug out of the mains. Mysteriously enough the battery didn't come in and it is shut down "improperly" which i did all the time.

But when i reopen the laptop it shows that windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupted:
    hal.dll.............. So i decided to go into recovery console but nothing came up when i press R in windows setup. So i decided to repair and there isn't any options. All the above is i think because the corrupted windows is Xp Home and the Cd is Professional.

But silly enough i install the Xp professional in C:.
    Now i have two windows on one hard drive.**** Files and documents are not missing they are all there but all the settings are changed.***And there is a folder in C: which says Windows.0 and the first Xp Home's Windows folder. So what do i do to restore my previous windows and settings. Although i can do the work i usually did but the changed settings giving me a big headache.

Much Thanks
    I did that with my Vista install, my update feature was corrupt and then I have 2 Vista's installed. The difficult part of you is that your new windows folder has no registry connecting your software to your PC so everything will be messed up.

I'd backup everything on an expernal HDD or whatever and do a full reinstall.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Sage
    Thanks mickice,

But the thing is i don't have a external hard drive and it probably isn't a good idea to do a lot of backup with DVD. Is there any way that i can say..... uninstall the new windows?

Dedicated Member
    Does anyone know how to forward ports on a Mac? I let the application allow incoming stuff.

*EDIT* Nevermind I fixed it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    ok i hope this doesnt get lost... or ignored...

I have been running my pc on my new HD LCD tv at 12whateverx1080 @ 60hz
    its been fine untill last night.. i hard powered it down (held the power button till it shut off...) and now when i boot up.. it says (on the tv/monitor) mode not supported.

I am able to boot up in safe mode.. however.. im not sure how to reboot with the correct settings once im in normal mode...

edit: fixed it... i just plugged in my old monitor... reset the display to 1920x1080 @ 60hz then plugged it back into my TV... and it displays fine...

ignore this post XD.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

The Godless Heathen
    hey guys can anyone tell me how to add power supply to a gfx card ?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by -DooM- View Post
    hey guys can anyone tell me how to add power supply to a gfx card ?
    Well if its anything recent, its going to require a 6 pin PCi-e power connectors. If your power supply is really old, you may for one not have sufficient power, and 2, not have the right connections.

But if you know you have a 6 pin pci-e connector, then it will plug right into the side of your card.

Oh, and if the card is older, it may not even require a power connector.

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

The Godless Heathen
    http://www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=853
    this is the card so i dont really see a " 6 pin pci-e connector" spot given on the card ....

Elite Guru
    http://www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=853
    this is the card so i dont really see a " 6 pin pci-e connector" spot given on the card ....
    Yea, its at the bottom of the page:

Power Supply Unit Requirement:450 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI-Express® power connectors recommended (550 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX® technology in dual mode)
    If your power supply is old, you probably can't power this card. It needs 2 6 pin pci-e.

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM

The Godless Heathen
    i have the suficiant stuff but i cant seem to find where the "6 pin pci-e" is on the card ...

EDit
    : nvm found it .... thanks

Elite Guru
    Here, go to this link:

HD 4850 Pictures

Click on the third picture. All the way to the right of the card there is a connector. That's what your looking for. Your 6 pin pci-e connector from your power supply goes into there.

Elite Guru
    Here, this is easier since i circle it for you:

That's what your looking for.

The Godless Heathen
    yeah i got that ...
    but now as i start this up i get this error
    "USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds"
    i got a asus p5ql mother board ...

Elite Guru
    yeah i got that ...
    but now as i start this up i get this error
    "USB Over Current Status Detected, Computer will shut down in 15 seconds"
    i got a asus p5ql mother board ...
    Hm, never heard of that error. Not to sure what to do. I recommend googling that error and posting a thread about it. It will probably get more attention

EDIT: ok i read up on this a bit. It is said to be a short circuit. It can be caused from a couple of different things. One may be that your USB connector cables have been damaged, connected wrong, etc. Another might be because your motherboard is actually touching the case. Try to mess with it and see if that helps.

Superior Member
    Alright I've been searching ALL morning for this problem, so far nothing has fixed it. Maybe one of you guys are smart enough to know my problem .

So I JUST got my new p.c. yesturday and I got a P5Q Deluxe mobo using the onboard sound card (I don't really care about sound tbh). I installed the SoundMAX Drivers that come with the mobo and I just can't seem to get ANY audio on my headphones or speakers. I have the HD audio codec that Realtek put out. I honestly have no idea and its QUITE frustrating having no sound. Any help is appreciated .
    PSN: StrifeTribal
    XBox tag: Strife Tribal

Master Guru
    This is urgent guys...so pls if you can,help as soon as possible.

I think it was from the day before yesterday that i was hearing some weird noises from the Pc...i didn't payed much attention to it,cause it was working as it should.

Yesterday though my external My Book WD 500GB drive have stop working.The windows cannot see it as a drive anymore (still it can be seen in device manager,but it reports as not initialized with no partition and with capacity 0)

I could see the drive from within the windows Disk management as a Disk 3 unknown...and when im trying to access it i got the I/O device error.

I have valuable data on it and i cant afford to loose them...I searched the net for a solution but nothing yet.Any suggestions will be appreciated and rep too.

Thanks.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Thread Information