Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by law44uk View Post
    back everything up. fresh windows install allways works.

i have a problem whit some adware, i have ran 3 spyware scanners and not one of them picked it up (Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE And windows Defender) i find the files that run and delet them. but every 10-20 mins they come back, tried in safe mode also. one is running right now but i blocked it from using the net. the proccess is called IDDE.TMP.EXE There are about 3 variaions of this all staring whit IDD. there allways in the Windows/Temp Folder. i have tried system restore but that has failed to put it back to the way it was. i tried removing the files in safe mode and run scans but no luck. i get a IE pop-up window saying about virus scanner as detected a # of viruses. download such and such.
    Heres a screenshot of the files that are the probelm. i have highlighted them to show you.

its been annoying me since i got it yesterday. Please please help

I think you need to make update all your scanner programs
    did you try to do that ?
    he was obliged to depart. He put his burial clothes in his wallet; but when he came to bid his wife and children adieu, their grief surpassed description. They could not reconcile their minds to the separation, but resolved to go and die with him. When,however, (what will happen to thee?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I bet you're installed something that was something like WhenUSaveIt or similar software, you'll always get popups then, go into your Add Remove Programs and uninstall everything you are not familiar with (or rather looks dodgy), then delete all temp and cache files, and then never use Internet Explorer again. But before you do that grab Mozilla Firefox Beta 1, then get the two extensions AdBlock Plus and AdBlock filterset G, you'll never get popups, malicious installations, or background installations again!

Superior Member

What the fastest thing to get online?

Like how there road runner and so on. Like cable modems and stuff. What is the fastest that I could get. It dont have to be a cable modem company but no phone line ones but what is the fastest to get and what company have the most mpbs? If I said that right, lol. Or if you know any that will be comeing in the future becuase I'n not going to anything till later on in 2007 or sometime in 2008.

Superior Member

Just bog standard ethernet router would be fine. What is your broadband speed?

Superior Member
    Do they have fiber optic where you are? I get 10MBs with that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    fiber optic is the fastest, of course
    you can get speeds up to 50 Mbit or more! but it is very expensive to install it in your house

Master Poster
    I finally bought my new monitor. I’m a proud owner of a new 19 inch Samsung SyncMaster 940bw. It cost me 260 Euro's.

for more information on it: http://www.nforcershq.com/print-6554...-Monitors.html

At first I thought about my pretty old graphics card Radeon 9000 pro would have trouble handling wide screen resolutions but it turns out to be just fine. If anyone plans on getting a new monitor than all I can say is widescreen is just amazing.

Dedicated Member
    Very nice looking screen Tobian. I upgraded to a 19" panel about 2 years ago and I love it. The only problem is 2 years ago 19" Widescreens were very rare and expensive. I've been thinking about buying another 19" LCD Widescreen but I can't bring myself to spend the cash just to extend the width of my monitor, even though the prices have come down soooo much! I bought mine for $320 and now its close to $200! The market is amazing.

PSN ID: Logo

PSU Media Manager
    ahh...the joy of having family members that work at Dell. Unfortunatly, I don't get anything nice. I've got an old model of:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-4568
    PSN ID: NameTaken33

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Logo View Post
    Very nice looking screen Tobian. I upgraded to a 19" panel about 2 years ago and I love it. The only problem is 2 years ago 19" Widescreens were very rare and expensive. I've been thinking about buying another 19" LCD Widescreen but I can't bring myself to spend the cash just to extend the width of my monitor, even though the prices have come down soooo much! I bought mine for $320 and now its close to $200! The market is amazing.
    There are pretty cheap 19 inch widescreens if you look around. Like the HP 19W has got good reviews and is about 220 Euro.

I sold my old 15 inch Samsung SyncMaster and got 85 Euro back. 260 - 85 = 175 Euro for my new monitor. Pretty good deal won't you say.

Anyway, I have a problem on my computer and maybe someone can lend me a hand. Some websites that I use to look at video's or listen to music on the radio just stop working. Everytime I try to acces is says 'can not create Direct Show Player. I tried updating new codecs but that doesn't help much.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    which browser do you have? and be sure to download the latest, Java, Shockwave and Flash Players.

Dedicated Member
    OK, something that has been upsetting me with Firefox (the browser)...
    Whenever I try to view a page that has a Windows Media Player plugin, the plugin doesn't display. I go through the process of clicking the error and letting Firefox try to install the plug-in on its own but no luck. It takes me to the Windows Media Player download page, and I've reinstalled Windows Media Player and still no cigar! What's the deal?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Firefox 2 seems to have solved this problem, though most sites now play the videos within a Flash Player so most sites you use nowadays you won't have a problem with.

Master Sage
    Is firefox two really that good and does it have bugs?
    Is it possible to provide a link?

Elite Member
    I have it and i lvoe it. I have been an IE fan for my life, and only used Firefox as a backup. Now its the other way round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Sage
    You have Firefox 2.0? Where can I get firefox 2.0?

Master Sage

Heres the link to firefox 2 beta 2:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-beta.html

Master Sage
    Will it replace my existing firefox? Or is it a seperate program on it's own?

Master Sage

Its separate. It will try to update your existing plugins which was annoying for me when I first installed it.

Oh, some of the firefox plugins dont work with it.

Dedicated Member
    Well I updated to Firefox 2.0 and I still have the problem, so much for that...
    I'm going to stick with the Beta and try it out though, thanks for the link Minimal Sanity!

Master Sage

Try this:
    go to options

go to downloads

go to "view and edit actions"

you can choose what extension does what in there.

Dedicated Member
    Hmm, the extension I'm looking for, .WMV doesn't appear in there. Is it possible to add it somehow in some Firefox registry?

I found out how to make Windows Media work in Firefox, you need to copy or download these files into the Mozilla Firefox/Plugins directory...

If some of the files are still missing, you can download the individual files from dlldump.com:Download them to the Windows Media Player directory (usually C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player) and then restart Firefox.
    If the plug-in files still do not appear, try copying them to the Firefox plugins directory (usually C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins).
    You can open a new tab/window in Firefox, type in "about:Plugins" and you can see all the plugins installed for Firefox. Windows Media should show up there.

Do not double post~AJJets107

Moderhater
    In Windows Media Player, is there a way to make it so, songs in the now playing list only play once?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Turn off repeat, I get the feeling that's what you have on, otherwise I'm clueless.

Moderhater
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Turn off repeat, I get the feeling that's what you have on, otherwise I'm clueless.
    Nope, don't have repeat on. Let me clarify what I mean....

When I have more than one song in the now playing list, after they have all played once, they start playing again. Is there a way so that after each song has played once, the music stops?

Thread Information