Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1424 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I had Overclockers say the same thing about a X1950 pro I bought which turned out it wasnt broken it was a current balancing problem it used Molex connectors 2 of and it was drawing too much current from one rail so I split the load between 2 rails.
    I guess the 2 PCI express connectors in your System are on 2 seperate rails though already?

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Got 2 issues

1, Is where every now & Again my PC will freeze for a couple of secs then il hear something powering up in the Tower ???

The other is sometimes my internet Browser will go really sloooooow!! (it's been ok this last week but Norton/Avast,Malwarebytes & ESET online Scanner couldn't pick anything up ???

For starters you should only install one Antivirus product using multiples can cause confilcts.

The powering up sounds like it oul be a hard rive spinning up check your power settings it may be set to switch off hard drives after a certain amount of time.
    Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options
    Last edited by keefy; 02-13-2012 at 21:03.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I had Overclockers say the same thing about a X1950 pro I bought which turned out it wasnt broken it was a current balancing problem it used Molex connectors 2 of and it was drawing too much current from one rail so I split the load between 2 rails.
    I guess the 2 PCI express connectors in your System are on 2 seperate rails though already?

For starters you should only install one Antivirus product using multiples can cause confilcts.

The powering up sounds like it oul be a hard rive spinning up check your power settings it may be set to switch off hard drives after a certain amount of time.
    Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options
    Oh I do only got one AV on at a time I had a 3 month Norton trial that came with the Mobo then I switched to avast
    & Malwarebytes

I put the settings to Balanced

Elite Guru
    Success! Scan have registered my card as faulty. Now, since it's no longer stocked; I just need to wait and see whether they'll repair, replace or refund.

hi there im mantha and im new here

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mantha00 View Post
    hi there im mantha and im new here
    The welcome thread would've been a better place for this...

Regardless, welcome to the site!
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Any Linux buffs in the house? Any at all? Need some help!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Any Linux buffs in the house? Any at all? Need some help!

I can not guarantee any help but I shall try.

What is the issue? Include Distro and version.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

PSU Technical Advisor
    Ubuntu 11.10 64bit.

I have a GPT 1TB hard drive- this caused some issues when first installing Windows 7 a year ago. So I got Windows 7 installed and then I wanted to re-install Ubuntu.

The issue was and is, Ubuntu cannot recognize any other OS existing on the hard drive. It simply says "1TB NTFS of free space". I then proceeded to create a 256GB EXT2 partition from Windows... Ubuntu cannot even see that this new partition exists!

Apprentice
    Ah $#@!, these kind of issues suck. May want to check the official Ubuntu forums dude. I can't help with this, sorry.

I haven't even used any windows past XP until I tried the Win8 preview.

I do believe it could be windows related, but I also know the Grub2 bootloader can cause issues.

GL.

Long live the Penguin!

Supreme Veteran
    When installing Operating systems I always use a different hard drive.

Apprentice
    When installing Operating systems I always use a different hard drive.
    Yea, I did too. Now I usually just use a virtual machine from within Linux as I have little need for Windows...especially with the advancements in Linux and with Wine constantly being updated.

However if he only has one drive, than he needs to get it to work. I steered away from Ubuntu, stopped liking it.

Long live the Penguin!

Supreme Veteran
    I have loads varying in size from 1TB down to 40GB, the 40GB is from my PS3.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannicide View Post
    Ah $#@!, these kind of issues suck. May want to check the official Ubuntu forums dude. I can't help with this, sorry.

I haven't even used any windows past XP until I tried the Win8 preview.

I do believe it could be windows related, but I also know the Grub2 bootloader can cause issues.

GL.
    Yea, I'm talking to the guys over there.. But they're habitual in not fully reading posts. They keep ignoring stuff I say and parroting the same stuff.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Yea, I'm talking to the guys over there.. But they're habitual in not fully reading posts. They keep ignoring stuff I say and parroting the same stuff.
    haha yea, I say if you like Ubuntu, but not the GUI as much, give Mint a try. It is Ubuntu under the hood, without the mac wannabe GUI stuff. Linux Mint keeps the classic Gnome(and KDE) style desktops. I also found their help forums to be better.

Mint uses all Ubuntu stuff, so apps, etc is all the same.

Long live the Penguin!

Elite Guru
    Finally got my graphics card back from Scan.

They had to send it back to the manufacturer, who have been able to fix it.

Happy days!

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    So i have this computer [ http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...ct=4295651#N72 I did put a radeon hd 5670 on this computer but i'm going to be giving my sister this card so she could play diablo 3 also ] and I was buying this PSU [ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tent-_-text-_- ] But I dont know what GPU I should get that would work with my set up. I don't plan on spending crazy amounts of money for a video card i was thinking around the 200-220$ area if possible.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    hey, hope someone can help

sometimes when using my PC to browse it will take ages to load a page then i get white screen saying DNS lookup failed.....once this happens i cannot browse again until ive restarted PC(logging out/back in doesnt work) ....after restarting it works fine again until it randomly does it again.

my connection on PS3 never has problem even when online same time as PC browser failing.

ive no idea how to remedy this....anyone any ideas or suggestions.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Change your DNS server(s) to something more reliable, like OpenDNS or Google's DNS.

Here's how to change your DNS settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...cp-ip-settings

Google DNS:

OpenDNS website: http://www.opendns.com/

I'd go with OpenDNS and set up an account with them. You'll have a lot more control over your DNS that way. And it's free.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    PC gaming headset question.
    Is it possible to set up a headset so all you hear through it is the voice chat and all the game sounds come through the PC speakers?
    If so please tell me how and thank you for your time.

Supreme Veteran
    Usually you need 2 sound cards and Only if the games or softwares allows you choose which device does what.

I did it a while back usign my GPU and TV as the main soudn for everything and setup teamspeak to only use my X-Fi soundcard which my headset plugged into.

If your graphics card is recent it should have sound enabled since it is HDMI and you ave onboard sound at the bare minimum.

TI shoudl be possible in most Valve source engine games and Steam chat as well since they do allow us to pick what device does what.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-27-2012 at 04:04.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Usually you need 2 sound cards and Only if the games or softwares allows you choose which device does what.

I did it a while back usign my GPU and TV as the main soudn for everything and setup teamspeak to only use my X-Fi soundcard which my headset plugged into.

If your graphics card is recent it should have sound enabled since it is HDMI and you ave onboard sound at the bare minimum.

TI shoudl be possible in most Valve source engine games and Steam chat as well since they do allow us to pick what device does what.
    Thank you.
    I think it will be easier to just get a desktop mic and have all sounds come from speakers.

Supreme Veteran
    No don't do that the people playing with you will get pissed off because they will hear an echo of their own voices.

Even a USB headset is a second sound card.

Its not hard to setup you just go to the settings and select the device
    Last edited by keefy; 07-27-2012 at 06:16.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    No don't do that the people playing with you will get pissed off because they will hear an echo of their own voices.

Even a USB headset is a second sound card.

Its not hard to setup you just go to the settings and select the device
    I didnt think of that.
    I was originally asking the question because i hate headsets (They cause my ears great pain) and i found this one tiny earpiece one thats good for voice chat only but i dont want to get a dedicated sound card for it. looks like i will just have to go with the pain of headsets.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

NVIDIA / NETframework / Cursor Problems (HELP)

As you may know, I have bought a new Computer back in march. Its an Alienware X51, everything so far was pretty smooth but now some recent problems are really starting to piss me off.

So today I updated to the latest NVIDIA Drivers Physx AUDIO HD and all that stuff. Because of that Im having a lot of problems right now. First of all my computer uses only the $#@!ing useless integrated intel HD Graphicscard. I cant even play Diablo 3 because of that, damn not even MineCraft. All the programms even internet browser use now this integrated piece of $#@!. As i looked up some info in the internet people sy that the computer should switch Graphicscard automatically when a game or higher priority programm is launched, however in my case the computer is using only the integrated useless graphiscard. Some guys also told to go the to nvidia control panel and in the global settings set preferred video card to the GTX 555, however i cant find this option, because my windows is in german as i bought my Computer in Switzerland. I tried all of the options and none of those options let me set my preferred Graphics card. With my German knowledge i think that there isnt even such an option.

Now comes the secound problem which was also caused by this NVIDIA update. My mouse cursor doesnt stop in the right side of the screen like it does on the left side. It goes in the far unknown, so everytime i cant find my cursor i have to pull my mouse o continuously to the left till i see the cursor. Its like if the stupid NVIDI detects a secound monitor, even though i have only one.

This problem persist already for like a month. As the windows starts up, i get an error message saying something like this: NETframework couldnt start because an error occurred and framework is outdated so try to update it blablabla...
    I tried updating it, the update just shows up again in the update manager after the windows restart. Even when i uninstalled the whole NETFramework crap, that error still occurred and the update was still available. I want to get rid of this error message already cause imagine, when you start up your computer appears and error windo and ou always have to click ok before being able to use your computer. I tried searching for similar issues in the internet and still wasnt able to find a fix for that.

I would be very glad if you could take some time to help me with my computer issues. Im also sorry for all those inappropriate words and grammar mistakes but right now i am full of RAGE.

Supreme Veteran
    Did you try to Roll back to previous driver that did work?
    Last edited by keefy; 08-09-2012 at 12:25.

Thread Information