Latest PSU headlines:

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style

Gun Sights to use or not to use?

I have noticed that while using the red dot and other sights on guns like the Famas, Enfield and Commando that the grouping of shots really isn't that good accurate fully auto and I find better accuracy using iron sight. I used the Famas w/ Red Dot for most of the games I played (except Array map I used the M16) and had to bust shot or not shoot that much to keep steady aim for long to med range kills. I tried using the Commando and Enfield with not sight attached and have had better success. Do any of you guys use just iron sight and nothing else on your assault rifles? I only use the Red Dot when im using the M16 but other weapons I don't anymore. The grouping isn't really bad like shooting far off to the left or right but long distance kills I noticed I inch off my target and end up getting killed in the process were as with iron sight I don't.

Apprentice
    I dont use any sight other than the iron sights. I feel they're a waste of an attachment in all honesty and don't add much of an advantage. Why use that when you could use Dual Mags or Extended Mags? I don't know.

The only time I would use a red dot is with the M14 with the Grip. Precision aiming at it's best.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzman View Post
    I dont use any sight other than the iron sights. I feel they're a waste of an attachment in all honesty and don't add much of an advantage. Why use that when you could use Dual Mags or Extended Mags? I don't know.

The only time I would use a red dot is with the M14 with the Grip. Precision aiming at it's best.
    Yeah, I started just using the Enfield w/ no sight and extended mag after I prestiged and its the best setup in my opinion.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeah i use iron sights. they are for the most part, very good on blops
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Master Guru
    FakeThriller did a video on this... that explained all sights in detail and I'm sure Shusty/Snoov will gladly link a video since he never responds to posts.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    I use the iron sights on all of my guns, when I was still 0 prestige I used red dot on most of my guns but then realised I was much more accurate looking through the iron sights.

Unbound Mercenary
    I got a Famas with Red dot, and silencer. Thats what I use all the time. But to me its as effective as a sniper rifle.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    I got a Famas with Red dot, and silencer. Thats what I use all the time. But to me its as effective as a sniper rifle.
    I used that setup for the Famas but if the guy is at a long distance you can't get a good shot off unless you shoot in bursts because there is recoil even with the silencer attached.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Depends on the gun. I find that if the weapon has a high rate of fire and noticeable recoil, using irons is better. This is the case for me, I suspect, because irons don't have a small absolute center which will bounce around.

With a red dot sight your eye is focusing on that tiny little red laser and so when it bounces to hell and back your eyes get thrown off.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    i usually always use iron sights
    dont like any of the other sights as it seems to take longer to aim and are less accurate imo
    i run n gun and fire from hip most of time as they are so close...ninja ftw

Dedicated Member
    Not to use.

There hasn't been an automatic gun that I've stuck a sight on where it seems to screw up the grouping. I prefer to just use a silencer or dual mags.

That depends what gun. for example, when i use the famas or the aug, i use the iron sight, but when i use the ak47u or ak74 i use the red dot sight.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Depends on the gun. I find that if the weapon has a high rate of fire and noticeable recoil, using irons is better. This is the case for me, I suspect, because irons don't have a small absolute center which will bounce around.

With a red dot sight your eye is focusing on that tiny little red laser and so when it bounces to hell and back your eyes get thrown off.
    Yep you hit the nail on the head. I used the FAMAS w/ iron sight but the problem was in full auto the recoil was crazy but when I shoot full auto or a long burst with the Enfield for example I get much better accuracy the same thing goes for the Commando.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    madmandem2
    I dont use any sights any more... i used to but id rather had silencer or extra ammo mags these days

Apprentice
    The problem I find is that I like to use Warlord Pro for the extra Lethal/Tactical grenade but I can't really see any advantage to any of the attachments apart from Extended or Dual Mags. The sights are awful and I feel it's a waste to have Warlord Pro with only one attachment...

Silly issue, but it annoys me. One of the best things with the M14 is you can add a Grip so you can use the Extended/Dual Mags with it.

Master Guru
    Umm, silencer?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

chimmy13
    well with some sights it takes longer to look through them. but i prefer iron sights because it is as acurate as u are so you just have to trust in yourself

Thread Information