Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast

Thanks! The other "Rate the Last..." threads are fun and very active. I would like for this one to take off like the others. I was surprised that no one else has made a forum as this with the same format as the others. At least not that I could find.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Graphics 9/10-
    I always heard people say that this game doesn't look that damn good but for a multiplat looked pretty damn good to me for it's time.

Gameplay 10/10- Superb just like all the others

Story 8/10- Also another aspect that I heard a bunch of hate for but I thought it was pretty good. Really submerged you into it and set emotion well.

Sound 10/10- Phenomenal. Guns and explosions pack a lot of punch. The background music set the story pretty well too.

Online 7/10- This is based off of how it is now. Very frustrating. Everyone plays like a bunch of jackasses camping and constantly noob tubing plus there are a bunch of overpowered perks that are very unbalanced.

Replay Value 9/10- If you like the online it will keep you busy otherwise nothing really here for you.

​Overall 9/10

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    inFamous: FoB

8/10 - Great Halloween-themed plot, cool narrative, and some awesome new vampire powers. Overall a great game, however the combat can be cheap sometimes if you're not on the ball and constantly looking for an electric source during fights. Somewhat short; depends on how you play. If you go straight through the story missions I can imagine this game being completed in a couple hours, but if you spend the time to look for the hidden goodies and side missions, you'll have a fuller experience. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    X-men: Destinyby Silcon Knights

Graphics 4/10 -
    Dated last generation graphics, perhaps very early in this gen at best. Colors are muddy, character models are adequate but little else. And has anyone from the development team ever actually been to San Francisco? I have and this game gets just about nothing right.

Gameplay 6/10 - I've played worse, but combat is limited and very repetitive. Two basic attacks, maybe 8 total combos, same enemies in waves for most of the game, tries to mix things up with boss fights but they aren't very imaginative.

Story 4/10 - Opens with a terribly ugly moving comic type set up that has too many similarities to Clutch Cargo, uses a mish-mash of generic X-men concepts, and isn't particularly surprising, except in how badly SK understands the franchise. There's also very little put in the game for the fans, which just shows how little effort or thought SK put into this game.

Sound 7/10 - Voice acting was decent, but not stellar. They did manage get Fred Tatsiacore to do Wolverine, and I didn't realize Nolan North was doing Cyclops. Can't remember anything about the musical score however, nor much in the way for ambient sounds and sound effects.

Online NA - Haven't seen anything in regards to online play.

Replay Value 4/10 - While there are three characters with three possible power sets, with 6 optional powers of which you can have three in a play through, and there is a game+ option to replay with all your already unlocked powers, but I can't really she why you'd bother. The game just isn't interesting enough to suffer a second time.

You'd think in a game based on the X-men that you could count on team combat and a chance to use popular X-men characters, which is why the game has you play solo with a character who isn't an X-man for 90% of the game. Your character in this game is one of three teenagers present at the opening events which causes their powers to go active. Regardless of which you pick you can select which power set you want which essentially break down to melee, ranged and tank. You have a strong and weak attack, some optional area attacks open up as you gain access to new powers at 3 points in the game, you can jump and dodge. Unfortunately the story is pretty boring, and relies entirely on all the big players in the resulting conflict treating your brand new and untrained mutant as a serious player.

I didn't get a chance to play Too Human, as I don't have a 360, but I saw a lot of negative comments from fans and critics. Destiny just proves SK has fallen far enough to deserve them. They probably owe Epic some apologies, they can't blame Unreal 3.0 for this mess.

​Overall 5/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Graphic 10/10-
    This game is beautiful to say the least. Probably the best looking title that I have played to date hands down. The characters faces, the detail in the textures, the lighting, basically everything just looks flawless. Absolutely nothing wrong that I seen. Never thought that I would ever watch in awe as my character walked through sand. Made sand pretty.

Gameplay 8.5/10-
    There are some problems with aiming that I saw. There is a great debate going on about it but I noticed it. But once you get used to the jolt of the aiming, if you notice it, isn't really much of a problem. AI is a bit on the stupid side because they are very limited in their actions and tactics to taking you out. Climbing isn't too fluid this time either because I had to move my analog stick multiple times just get Drake to climb where I wanted him to sometimes. Other than these few things that I noticed it plays almost identical to U2. So you know it's good if you have played it.

Story 8.5/10-
    Again the story isn't as good as U2 but it is still solid to say the least. There are a few plot holes here and there and some unneeded things along the way but it is still a good story. But the Indiana Jones type story just isn't as fresh and interesting as it used to be but still good none the less.

Sound 10/10-
    The guns have more punch this time which was definitely needed. The characters voice acting is phenomenal as usual. Nothing wrong here in my opinion.

Online N/A-
    Didn't play it.

Replay Value 9/10-
    It is definitely worth another run through to search for any treasures that you miss and to play the mode on a higher difficulty. It is a good enough game to warrant a second play through.

Overall 9/10-
    This one didn't quite live up to the experience of U2 but that could have also been the reason I didn't think it was as good. This is still one phenomenal title that shouldn't be passed up on.

Play-through time: 10 hrs Difficulty: Normal

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Uncharted 2 9.5/10
    Mindblowing

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    EviL_JoE_DirT
    Items Final Fantasy VII
    Uncharted 3: 9.3 platinum it. story is kind of a downer for me. no cheats, no really good boss fights, no depth to some characters, some minor glitches and story holes.

Battlefield 3: 9 mediocore story, great multiplayer.
    Games playing: nothing Games anticapating: H-Hour: World's Elite, Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, MGS5, FFXV, FFXIV, FF X HD, Witcher 3, Rime, War Thunder, Dying Light, ME4, Uncharted

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Overall: 8.5

This was a great addition to the series but tbh i was in the end slighly dissapointed with this, the combat system has been improved but overall i think this could have been called AC 2: the time trial edition, while the city and objectives are more lively plus more challenging than 2 it has way too many time based missions for its own good the gameplay mechanics just dont work as good as i think the developers do, it tends to be really scripted on these missions which ruins the freedom and approach this game shud be about and what made 2 so amazing.

Story is entertaining but it didnt amaze me as the 2nd game but does leave me wanting more and im looking really forward to Revelations. This was a good addition to the series but i must admit im not really sure about i want to collect treasures and flags for a 3rd time. They need to implement a drawing effect to these imo like extra subject 16 puzzles or something because pretty much all the unlockables in these games suck and have a fun value of 1 minute. Btw i think in general the subject 16 sucked in this compared to 2 which had a better difficulty increase.

Costume Quest

Overall :7.5

Great little psn game the atmosphere reminded me of Earthbound and was alot of fun to play. The only drawback is the extremely simple battles which u just kind of wanna skip from midway in Act 2, the continuos unlocking of costumes makes it just bearable to keep playing them though as theres only 3 acts and 1 extra if u get the decent DLC. If they increase the puzzles and make the battle system deeper i wouldnt hesitate to buy a full retail game based on this universe

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Battlefield 3 - 9/10

I'll write a detailed write a review soon.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

PSN ID
    dunkrez
    Skyrim - 9.5/10

I was expecting the worst what with it being a Bethesda game but at thirty hours in I have only experienced one system freeze, which means I'm free to get on with enjoying the game.

The graphics aren't stellar but at times they can be breathtaking. The soundtrack is epic.

I guess the thing that sets Skyrim apart from most games is the sheer scale of its game world. It is ultra impressive.

I can't see me playing anything else this side of Christmas.
    Spunwicked PS3 Gamer - Currently lost in Skyrim

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    MGS collection HD - 10/10

I love every minute of it, and MGS3 being my favourite out of them all. Kojima's natural ability to create superb storytelling that exceeds most film-makers today and character development that you can see on a very good tv show makes me keep playing the series. I love the long cut scenes. The more, the better. The less, the $#@!tier. And he uses the game engine for the scenes so that they're believable because most CGI cut scenes have characters doing badass things that you can't do in the gameplay. Also, the sound is great and the easter eggs are all back.

El Presidente
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon - 6/10

It's really starting to annoy me that I can't get a lock on an enemy fighter without someone else locking on to me and firing 5 missiles up my ass and forcing me to break off. It's not as bad as 6 which was insane with the constant missiles coming at you but it's rather frustrating. Sometimes when I get up close in a dogfight the enemy plane moves around so much it's impossible to pop a shot off. I haven't finished and I want to play more but man, they need to fix this series still. I can already tell I'm going to get bored with the whole 'evade' thing in the chopper missions. There have been several times that I had to hit evade 3 or 4 times because I have so many RPG's coming at me.

They really need to fix the missile thing in the chopper and fighter missions. Very annoying.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Goldeneye Reloaded [PS3]

this may not look as pretty as all of the latest FPS out there, and the gameplay isn't anything ground breaking, but, singleplayer and multiplayer are alot of fun.

8/10

[9/10 if you like silenced pistols]
    "Death, to the demoness Allegra Geller...!"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Graphics 8/10-
    The game still stands up pretty well to today's standards but it is starting to look a little dated. Not near enough to start screaming for a complete overhaul.

Gameplay 10/10- If you like the COD formula you are going to love this one. The game added some new things in the campaign and mulitplayer and they were all for the best.

Story/Campaign 9/10- The closing to the triology was pretty epic to say the least. The game has well placed shock moments unlike in the past when they just felt forced. The campaign is a good bit longer this time around. At least in my experience it is. It is an high octane, on the edge of your seat, and epic cinematic experience. This was the best campaign to play through out of all of this generation's titles. Although the story doesn't quite hold up to Black Ops' story to me.

Sound 10/10- Activision knows what they are doing in this department. These games have some of the best sound out of any on the market

Multiplayer 10/10- There are some great new modes that have been added. Although the one that has caught me is Kill Confirmed. As if COD couldn't be anymore addictive already, KC turns that up a few more notches. I don't think that I have every played a 12 hour online gaming session of playing the same mode every. Kill Confirmed did that to me. It is reason enough to have another game in the series. If you can't tell I'm quite a fan of this mode.

Replay Value 10/10- Not for the campaign...you know why. If you don't like the multiplayer then this game will last you no more than 12 hours at most.

Playtime: 11 hr 31 mins Difficulty: Veteran

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 4/5

LOTS to do, open world goodness!

Apprentice
    Skyrim

97% very good

3% Bugs

Story 10 / 10
    Sound 10 / 10
    Gameplay 9 / 10
    graphic 9,5 / 10
    Attached Images
    Last edited by WHITE-FLOWER; 11-21-2011 at 22:53.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Call of Juarez: The Cartel 0.5/10
    Completely awful, nothing good about it. Not even worth a rent.
    Only reason I got it was in a contest, just had to design a PS3 theme, which wasn't very hard.
    Lots of bugs, poor voice acting, voices sounds like they were recorded in a metal box or something,
    basically just a very poor generic FPS set in modern L.A.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood was great and very fun to play (it's set in the westerns), but they took a giant step back moving it to modern times and making it just plain crappy.
    It looks ugly, as well.
    Chrome Engine 4 (used in bound in blood) looks better than the new engine used in this one, Chrome Engine 5.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Batman: Arkham Asylum - 9 out of 10.

This is truly one of the best games I have played this gen.

Visuals:
    Arkham Island is a dark and gritty setting for the game, but Batman in general is supposed to be dark. Muscles on batman and the villains are shown in great detail and the game just looks good. Even things in the background look good.

Gameplay:
    The controls aren't too complicated and fighting is fast, but smooth. This game was very addictive and featured platforming, stealth parts, and fighting. I just had a lot of trouble putting the controller down, I really enjoyed this game.

Sound:
    The music is adequate, but the sound is great. I recognized voice actors from the Batman cartoon series that used to show on Cartoon Network or maybe it just sounded like the same voice actors. The voice acting is top notch.

Plot:
    If you're not used to Batman, you may not like the plot of this game. The game features many familiar characters and villains and some I didn't know. The story is a rather simple one, but after watching the ending, I believe the plot picks up in Arkham City. (Please don't spoil me)

I really loved this game and I would like to thank the members that recommended a try the series out. I am looking forward to Arkham City.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by TreKKiker View Post
    Call of Juarez: The Cartel 0.5/10
    Completely awful, nothing good about it. Not even worth a rent.
    Only reason I got it was in a contest, just had to design a PS3 theme, which wasn't very hard.
    Lots of bugs, poor voice acting, voices sounds like they were recorded in a metal box or something,
    basically just a very poor generic FPS set in modern L.A.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood was great and very fun to play (it's set in the westerns), but they took a giant step back moving it to modern times and making it just plain crappy.
    It looks ugly, as well.
    Chrome Engine 4 (used in bound in blood) looks better than the new engine used in this one, Chrome Engine 5.

Never thought it could be THAT bad
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Garrys Mod 7.5/10
    Fieldrunners HD 8/10

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Wet - Total bad-assery in digital form. So much fun to play! Graphics & design that fit the game perfectly, fantastic soundtrack, just the right length (no dull repetition), superb voicework (Eliza Dushku, Malcolm McDowell, Morgan Sheppard), some GREAT setpieces. 8/10

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Fallout 3: 10/10

After a year hiatus for no reason, decided to get back into it. Soooooo good. The first time I've had a mammoth 5/6 hour gaming session in aaaggggeeess.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSN ID
    VoteForSOCOM1HD
    Battlefield 3 4.1/5
    VOTE FOR SOCOM 1 HD. PLEASE! Click the link below, sign into your PSN Account, and click the green arrow. If you're really gonna go out of your way and log in just to click the red arrow...Don't bother.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com...26/socom-1-hd/

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Battlefield 1943 - 4/5

I'm gonna chuck BF3 for this. For a long time. Just wish they had released some DLC for it.

Thread Information