Latest PSU headlines:

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 51525 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Halo: Anniversary - 10/10.
    Played it around a friends last night. Man, it's still soooooooooooooooooo fun. 343 did a really good job of updating the graphics... but it's still just as fun playing in the old style too.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Batman: Arkham Asylum - This game is incredibly well-made! Cool Batman-feeling gameplay, intuitive combat, great character design...I haven't played a game that 'felt' this right since Shadow Of The Colossus!

9/10

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Homefront - 7/10
    This is a good game! It would be an 8, but the story was so short. I beat it very quickly, it didn't take long. But the story is very touching at times. (For example in the beginning, Koreans shoot a kid's parents and shows the boy screaming, it's much better than I can explain)
    Multiplayer is pretty good too, but this is the only game I lag on so much. It may be our internet. My internet is horrible (Most unstable piece of crap internet I've ever used). The Multiplayer is based on a battle points system. You earn points by doing various things (kills, assists, etc) and you can spend them on Tanks, Helicopters, Humvees, or you can use them on the things you choose in your Armory which can be RC Helicopter, White Phosphorous, etc. When you get a number of kills in a row, you become a Priority target, which your enemies can see where you are. The number of stars you can have in a Priority target goes up to 5 stars.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Any particular justification for saying that one of part of a game is good and the other part of the same game, is like the worst game ever?
    Use a little common sense, lol.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

saints of row in terms of fun the best game this generation

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Deuse Ex Human Revolution, 10/10 for a awsome and outstanding game all round.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Use a little common sense, lol.
    I didn't get you
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I didn't get you
    Most of us don't

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 9 out of 10

I loved it and I see why it won handheld game of the year. Great action, a dash of platforming, and even some good puzzles make up Ghost of Sparta.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Far Cry 2 - PC - 8.5/10

Since I'm back to the PC for some time, gonna finish the pending games I never bothered to play
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Mass Effect - PC - 9/10
    Last edited by gangsta_795; 01-24-2012 at 17:54.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Started playing FF13 again, started from scratch since i gave up my last play through in the middle when the game was released.

Enjoying it quite a bit this time around, it doesn't feel like a chore, so far i'd give it a solid 8/10, time will tell if that score goes up and down, i have clocked 5 hours so far.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Mass Effect 2 - PC - 10/10

This game is beautiful.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Resistance 3

Gameplay 10/10-
    This game improved on the others ten fold. It was just so much damn fun to play. It also did an excellent job of making guns have their own unique trait that made you want to use them all. Unlike previous and most games where you find a select few guns you like.

Story 9/10-
    R3 had a special uniqueness about the story compared to previous. It just had a more grit to the game compared to previous installments. Great in this department.

Sound 9/10- Most of the voice actors in this game were phenomenal. The sounds effects were awesome as well. Nothing to complain about here.

Graphics 9/10- The graphics in this game are very unique. Not so much that the game is stellar in the graphics it just has a great art style. One of the best that I've seen in a shooter.

Overall 9.5/10-
    I had a lot of fun with this one. My favorite of the series. Didn't try out the online so can't really say much about replayability.

Hunted: Demon's Forge 7/10-
    Demon's forge was a unique experience. It is quite rough around the edges but it is a lot of fun. The voice acting is mediocre, gameplay is great. It is the greatest game out there but it is definitely worth a playthrough.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Shadow of the Collossus 8/10
    liked the game but boy was it frustrating its just in my opinion straight up boss battle after boss battle

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    giving 6/10 to all.

PSN ID
    vladerag
    The Darkness II

Graphics: 8/10
    -They are fantastic, especially when it comes to the Darkness. The animations for the Demon arms are fantastic, and the scenery is very nice. The biggest issue for me is how fake the blood looks. I mean, there is a ****load of blood in the game, an absolute ****load. Everything you kill with the Darkness arms is reduced to so much blood and body parts, and it all looks cheesey. If you are going to make the blood so obvious, at least make it semi-realistic, or at least not look so out of place that people notice as soon as they see it. The only other issue is how generic, and out of place, your enemies look like. Sure The Darkness I had generic enemies, but they were generic in a way that made sense. They all wore suits (pretty much), but they tended to be of different color and design, and it made sense in the mob setting. II on the other hand, features enemies that all wear the same orange pants, like there was a huge ******* sale on them. It doesnt even make sense, who wouldnt notice these people? They would have been tailed by police as soon as they showed up and they never would become an issue. All in all, an 8 out of 10 for comparatively minor issues.

Gameplay: 10/10
    -Leaps and bounds above the first game. beautiful control of the Darkness + abillity to turn regular items like car doors into sheilds and weapons (think of a car door as a frisbee of death) + awesome execution moves + no more practically unlimited ammo meaning that you just point and hold down fire until things stop firing back = awesome

Story: 7/10
    -It has one, and its pretty good. Its just that I dont care too much, and I often do care about stories in games. I feel that it could be a lot better, but that in the end it isnt what I care about in the game.

Sound: 8/10
    -Fitting music and satisfying tearing and crunching noises when I rip through my enemies is always a good thing. My one problem, (and I know this is being picky) is that the characters sound the same. Especially when my enemies are begging for their lives as I hold them up with one of the darkness arms before ruthlessly murdering them. It bugs me.

Replay Value: 7/10
    -the fact that you can start with all the skills you have unlocked so far is amazing. I was vastly disapointed with Darkness I when I coudlnt. In fact, in Darkness I, my only option was to start a new game or murder the mob boss again and again. On the other hand, the game doesnt take very long, and because it is so linear there isnt much to do that you havent already. Still, you should get another play through at least, maybe two. And I will definately revist it this game later.

Online: Na
    -Havent tried it out yet.

Overall: 9/10
    -The improvements in gameplay alone would warrent a 10/10 if it wasnt for a few polish and game length issues. You will find that most parts of this game are unimportant comapared to the feeling of utter power (and horror) you will feel when slicing and dicing your way through your enemies. Because in the end, that is what this game promises and what it delivers.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I beat Uncharted 3, and I give it a 9 out of 10. It was a great game, but I agree with everyone who said Uncharted 2 was better.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Final Fantasy IV - PSP - 9/10

Amazing game for someone who loves old school RPGs.

Review coming up once I'm through!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Darkness 2

Graphics 9/10-
    The art style in this game is absolutely awesome. There is a very unique style to it. Almost like a cel shaded look. Almost be willing to say that it is like a moving painting.

Story 7/10-
    The story is all over the place at times but it does come to tie most of it up by the end. Very solid. I would say that it falls a little short of the first game's story.

Gameplay 8.5/10-
    The game plays very smooth. The combination kills that you can do are very fun and almost kind of Bulletstorm esque. The gameplay is better the second installment in my opinion. It was already great to begin with.

Sound 8/10-
    Solid to say the least. Not over the top though. The game had a solid soundtrack to it as well.

Replay Value 6/10-
    There really isn't any different way to play the campaign. There are relics to collect but they are so stupid easy to find, if you look in every corner there is almost no way you won't find them. There is the Vendetta mode which adds co-op to the game but I never got around to playing them. So there is some extra stuff to do just not much.

Overall 8/10-This a great game and definitely shouldn't be passed up.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Funman3x13

mw3

mw3 8.5

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Split Second - I love a good drifty racer, especiallly one that tries to drop buildings on top of me. Great fun, especially in splitscreen, but sometimes hard to control, and I could live without a couple of the more aggravating race modes (die, Air Revenge). But you can't beat a moment like being in last place and collapsing a dam on top of the entire rest of the pack, propelling yourself to first.

7/10

Shut up and play games

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Hot Shots Gold: Out of Bounds

The graphics are nice and clean but they aren't going to wow you. Every once and a while I'll wonder how the game chooses to compute the ball a certain way. Sometimes it seems to go long...then other times when I hit it the same it will fall short.

Overall, it's a fun relaxing game that still keeps the tension.

8/10

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Platform?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Just finished Uncharted 2:

This game is the reason why I procrasinate playing all my games and why I have so many. When it's done you wish you hadn't finished it.

I got kinda tired of all the climbing at some points but when I got out of the ice tomb place....OMG did the action pick up. It was a mix of puzzles and climbing and gunplay and running and jumping. It was just great. I really really wish there was a 3rd....OH WAIT!! there is!!!

Graphics - 10

Gameplay - 9

Story - 9

Overall fun - 9.5

Thread Information