Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 81828 ... LastLast
    Battlefield 3: 9/10

I dont think a review is in order since im sure most have played it

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I Am Alive

I loved playing this survival game (no horror, just survival). I loved the scarcity of supplies, weapons and ammo. I loved being able to kill the leader in a pack of enemies and then intimidate the weaker ones to surrender. I loved getting stuck facing off against 3-5 enemies with only one bullet in my gun and having to think fast on my feet and then SURVIVING. I loved the graphics, both the toxic haze covering everything at street level and the skyscrapers collapsed onto each other above the dust. I loved climbing my way through an office building on its side, with everything topsy-turvy. I loved helping Mai and her mother, and the random survivors looking for food or first aid or just a last cigarette before they die. I loved "I Am Alive". The only fault I have with the game is that it wasn't longer, but it was still good length for a downloadable game.

9/10

Shut up and play games

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Prototype 2 - This game was just so much fun to play. It was pretty much pure destruction and killing from the first minute. If you want a great sandbox game can't go wrong here. All the powers that you get are absolutely awesome. Heller isn't quite the character that Mercer was but he is a solid protagonist. Story is simply ok but the story is not what this game is about about. It's about being a bad ass and it does that perfectly!

8.5/10

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

supersan
    Uncharted 3. 10 of 10, best ps3 game i've played.

5. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Company of Heroes - 9.5/10

What a mind blowing game!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

PSN ID
    (none)
    Dead Rising 2 -- (Not the Off the Record version)

Gameplay -- 8/10. It's really fun at first. There are so many zombies to kill and you have so many weapons to do it with. But some weapons you'll learn are pretty much useless. And all the zombies are the same (which I guess is why they are Zombies). But throw something else in so I'm not just killing a million zombies that look and act exactly the same. It can get tedious. The boss fights are pretty intense. Your baseball bat is your main weapon, and there is only one cut-scene that you can activate with the bat as you kill the zombie. One of my favorite games ever, Manhunt, was for the PS2, and you could activate 3 different cut scenes with each weapon. If you can do that with the PS2, I'm sure you could've worked something up for the PS3.

Graphics -- 7/10. Again, it's really cool at first. But, the zombies all look the same with just different outfits. The camera is at a good height, but if you want to zoom in or out, that option is not available.

Story -- 5/10. The idea is that you need to find medicine for your infected daughter that she will have to take everyday of her life for as long as she lives so that she doesn't turn into a zombie. Weird. And the boss' have no backstory, they are just crazy people that have delved into cannibalism or some other thing. I don't even really care too much about the bosses.

Online -- Don't know, my online is down. But apparently you can have people join in your game at anytime they see fit. That would probably help you with parts you can't get past on your own.

Sound -- 6/10. The sound is cool, but I don't think there is a legitmate soundtrack. Just some cool guitar rifts that play at certain times and a lot of zombie noises.

Replay -- 10/10. This is where the game shines. There's nothing I like after a long day's work than to come home and knock some zombie's skull open with a ball-peen hammer, or a 2x4, or a potted plant. You don't even need the story to get the replay value. But if you do decide to replay the story, you will find things that you didn't the first time. And there are, like, 10 different ending variations. If the game appeals to you, you can replay it as many times as you want without losing much -- in fact, the 2nd time thru will probably be more rewarding.

Overall -- 8/10. There are a million ways to kill zombies, but only 4 or 5 of them will have you saying, "Oh, that's cool!"

I played NFS Run lastly and I think I’ll give it a 8/10 because I love cars and racing games.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Final Fantasy XIII-2, I give it an 8 out of 10.

I would have given it a 9 out of 10, but the plot at the end of the game completely collapsed. I was very confused.

I loved the game. The music is great, gameplay is just incredibly fun, and chocobos and the moogle are cute.

I feel bad for anyone who passes it up just because they didn't like FFXIII.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Final Fantasy XIII-2, I give it an 8 out of 10.

I would have given it a 9 out of 10, but the plot at the end of the game completely collapsed. I was very confused.

I loved the game. The music is great, gameplay is just incredibly fun, and chocobos and the moogle are cute.

I feel bad for anyone who passes it up just because they didn't like FFXIII.
    I got the game yesterday. I've heard similar things about the plot. I don't like what SE is doing by releasing story content as DLC. Looking forward to playing it though.

On topic, I just finished Darksiders and it was a GREAT game. I loved how there were no loading screens. It was basically an open world and you could go where ever you want. THe combat was fun and I liked the RPG elements. Apparently Darksiders II increases the RPG elements even more by a factor of 10.

PSN ID
    Sleeplessace
    Okay so this goes for the LAST game we played correct? not newest last. Anyways last game i played was lbp 2, it gets a 7/10 great game. creative stages with nice colors, neat outfits but it gets boring and tedious after awhile. the rule "there is so much to do" isnt actaully true its always the same thing just a bit changed but playing with people makes it fun honestly after beating story mode and playing a few online levels i got bored.

Psn:Sleepelssace
    By recognizing the difference between you and others you establish your identity as yourself

PSN ID
    beeper01
    Metal gear solid 4

Graphics- 7/10 graphics on faces and people is brilliant and even better on the beautys from b&b's mainly because women were photograpghed and put into the game not created however on the floor and walls arent great but for an old game its brilliant

Gameplay- 8/10 i love the gameplay and sneaking game engine its really intelligent with the camo but again however if you play properly and not storm it its about a 4 hour game and half of it is just long cutscenes personally i love it for that because you understand the aspects of what is going on but after a few plays through its just tedius

Story - 8.5/10 i love the story it reconises the best parts of the previous 3 and replays a mission map in one part of the game and really lets you reconise the diffrences between the previous game and the new game but the story can be quite hard to understand at times

Sound- 10/10 i love the sounds in this game the guns sound realistic the footsteps on diffrent places like metal or mud factor into sneaking as well i cannot faulter it really

Replay Value- 9/10 nearly everytime you complete this game you get something new as a award like a new gun or camo so it makes you really want to play it again just to collect all the unlockables

Online 1/10 really really bad online (or so i hear) i could never play it is was impossible to set up a seperate accound just for this i spent half an hour trying once and gave up in the end also you have to do a complete seperate download that can take upto 2 hours now when im going to try again ive learned there shutting down the servers in a few weeks sorry kojima but that is unacceptable

Overall- 8/10 besides online dissapointments it is a brilliant game and a must have for a storyline gamer that makes you feel like your in the game but it factors so much into previous game you MUST play the 3 before it to understand any of it at all some new story or characters would be a nice change of pace for this game

PSN ID
    (none)
    I want to play the metal gear series. but I've not played a metal gear game before. i think I may have had a metal gear for NES or something. but I was too young to figure it out. if I can't just jump into metal gear 4, then what should i do?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    I want to play the metal gear series. but I've not played a metal gear game before. i think I may have had a metal gear for NES or something. but I was too young to figure it out. if I can't just jump into metal gear 4, then what should i do?
    Wrong thread. You can post such stuff here

I never played the Metal Gear Series either but jumped into MGS4 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd suggest getting the MGS HD Collection first though as story is an integral part of these games.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    STALKER:Clear Sky = 4/10

Piece of garbage,That's 10$ down the toilet.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    9 out of 10
    Great and very addictive game. I usually play no more than a hour a day, but like all AC games I found myself playing for longer periods of time. I really had no trouble with templars attacking my den and playing the mini game which you defend your den. That may be because I kept my awareness meter low. The only thing I hate about Revelations and even Brotherhood is certain conditions have to be met to get full synch on missions. There are still some things I don't understand, like why did a certain person have to die at the end of Brotherhood?

I enjoyed playing as Ezio and will miss playing as him. I look forward to ACIII.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Member
    Voltron: Defender of the Universe [demo] (PS3) — 6.0
    This game is okay, nothing special. It's your basic isometric shooter with exploration, but the enemies are bland, objectives are repetitive, and the characters are all the same.

Real Steel [demo] (PS3) — 6.5
    It's a watered-down Fight Night with robots, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because Fight Night is the pinnacle of boxing games. This game is fun but not outstanding like its obvious influence.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair [demo] (PS3) — 4.5
    Really not a fan of this game. The camera sucks and the combat sucks. It's really just a shell of what the Castlevania series has come to be.

Galaga Legions DX [demo] (PS3) — 7.0
    It's not as good as some of the other frenetic shooters out there like Space Invaders: Infinity Gene. This one is good. It's bright and colorful, but it's no Geometry Wars.

Time Machine: Rogue Pilot [demo] (PS3) — 6.5
    I don't even know how to play, but what I do know is that you can mash X and win which is exactly what I did. Some puzzle game, huh?

Sideways: New York [demo] (PS3) — 8.5
    Really creative ideas behind this platformer. I love the visuals and how the perspective shifts. Just really cool.

Sonic CD [demo] (PS3) — 7.5
    Not the best Sonic game, as I'm still more partial to Sonic & Knuckles as well as Sonic the Hedgehog 3, but this is still a very solid Sonic game. I wish the demo was longer though.

Trine 2 [demo] (PS3) — 9.0
    Really great game. I might actually end up buying this. The visuals are really nice, especially the lighting, and the actual set and characters design is wacky and weird. The platforminf could be a little better because it has a weighty feel to it, but I love how you have to rotate classes to solve different puzzles, and I love the abilities each one has (especially the wizard). The only problem is that it can get hectic in the middle of combat since the knight class is the only one worth using in battles. These are minor gripes (especially since when a character dies, they just need to recharge their health) to what is overall a very fun, creative, intuitive, and unique puzzle-platformer.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures (Wii) — 6.0
    It's a game for kids, no doubt about that, but it's really not half-bad. The use of the action figures to drop in and out is pretty cool although I can see it being expensive. It's lame that even after you've purchased the game, you have to buy more characters, so I don't like the business model Activision is using, but the concept itself is cool.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

PSN ID
    skateisthebest
    Dead Space 9/10

Analogue: A Hate Story. I score it a 9/10

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Voltron: Defender of the Universe [demo] (PS3) — 6.0
    This game is okay, nothing special. It's your basic isometric shooter with exploration, but the enemies are bland, objectives are repetitive, and the characters are all the same.

Real Steel [demo] (PS3) — 6.5
    It's a watered-down Fight Night with robots, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because Fight Night is the pinnacle of boxing games. This game is fun but not outstanding like its obvious influence.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair [demo] (PS3) — 4.5
    Really not a fan of this game. The camera sucks and the combat sucks. It's really just a shell of what the Castlevania series has come to be.

Galaga Legions DX [demo] (PS3) — 7.0
    It's not as good as some of the other frenetic shooters out there like Space Invaders: Infinity Gene. This one is good. It's bright and colorful, but it's no Geometry Wars.

Time Machine: Rogue Pilot [demo] (PS3) — 6.5
    I don't even know how to play, but what I do know is that you can mash X and win which is exactly what I did. Some puzzle game, huh?

Sideways: New York [demo] (PS3) — 8.5
    Really creative ideas behind this platformer. I love the visuals and how the perspective shifts. Just really cool.

Sonic CD [demo] (PS3) — 7.5
    Not the best Sonic game, as I'm still more partial to Sonic & Knuckles as well as Sonic the Hedgehog 3, but this is still a very solid Sonic game. I wish the demo was longer though.

Trine 2 [demo] (PS3) — 9.0
    Really great game. I might actually end up buying this. The visuals are really nice, especially the lighting, and the actual set and characters design is wacky and weird. The platforminf could be a little better because it has a weighty feel to it, but I love how you have to rotate classes to solve different puzzles, and I love the abilities each one has (especially the wizard). The only problem is that it can get hectic in the middle of combat since the knight class is the only one worth using in battles. These are minor gripes (especially since when a character dies, they just need to recharge their health) to what is overall a very fun, creative, intuitive, and unique puzzle-platformer.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures (Wii) — 6.0
    It's a game for kids, no doubt about that, but it's really not half-bad. The use of the action figures to drop in and out is pretty cool although I can see it being expensive. It's lame that even after you've purchased the game, you have to buy more characters, so I don't like the business model Activision is using, but the concept itself is cool.

Please don't rate games on the basis of their demos.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Please don't rate games on the basis of their demos.
    Any particular reason why?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Any particular reason why?

Well because demos don't reveal the game completely and it wouldn't be fair to rate something you haven't actually experienced.

Didn't mean to sound like a $#@!, if I did.

Elite Member
    I'm not rating the full games by those scores, just the demos.

PSN ID
    (none)
    He thought the thread was "Rate the Last Demo You've Played"
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Elite Guru
    Last two:

Starhawk: 5/10
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II: 8/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Game of Thrones 7/10- This game had potential to be a very good game. But it had it's share of issues and bugs. Sound cutting out, Looking at a wall during cutscenes, and crashed twice on me but I probably logged 30 hours in the game. The gameplay had a feeling of DA:O. Just a little bit more simple. The game really shines with it's story which I would give a 9/10. If you are a fan of Game of Thrones books or the show you will be very intrigued by the game. Mostly because there is endless amount of info for people who haven't read the books can get some background info on. Like R'hilor, dark magic, and other things that are going on in the Game of Thrones universe. Overall the story alone is reason enough to play this game. But it was quite fun for the majority of the game.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 06-01-2012 at 20:09.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information