Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1626 ... LastLast

PSN ID
    glenn1019
    Dead Island

I got to this one a little late but after playing it can't wait for Riptide.

Graphics - 7/10 - The island, zombies and people are all pretty good, not fantastic but good. However what really lets the environment of this game down is the city of moresby. It looks so bleak, lifeless and half hearted.

Gameplay- 10/10 - The gameplay was the best part of this title. Hacking/shooting/slamming/crushing/driving/igniting/drowning zombies til they were even deader is so much fun and the never ending amount of mods helps.

Story - 6/10 - The story was okay but nothing to get you too emotionally attached to the characters.

Sound - 7/10 - Pretty decent soundtrack, enough to scare and create tension but nothing spectacular.

Replay Value - 5/10 - The story won't have you running back but the game play might. Personally I'm just going to wait for riptide.

Online - 5/10 - Excellent online gameplay... Shame it takes years to successfully connect to anyone and even when you do the glitches are endless.

Overall- 8.5/10 - I had a lot of fun with this game and would definitely recommend it to any fan of the genre. Especially over 'THE WALKING DEAD SURVIVAL INSTINCT' (do not buy that game)... But yeah, definitely give Dead Island a go if you haven't already.

Dead Space 2-

Graphics- 8.5/10 Found it better than others at some places

Gameplay- 9/10- Looked first game pretty good.Liked it much

Sound 10/10- This is the best sound through all the levels

Story 7/10- Found flashback part of the story pretty nice.

Overall 9/10- Just an awesome game i ever played if my ratings help out then go for it.It is worth playing

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    God of War: Ascension -8.5/10-

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Superior Member
    BioShock Infinite - 10/10

Fantastic game from start to finish. Not once was I bored, and I normally dislike FPS games. Intriguing story that will keep you guessing.

Buy it.

PSN ID
    rickdangerous-uk
    The title in my PS3 at the minute is COD MW3.

Perhaps a little obvious and a very commercial title, never the less I have been enjoying the game recently and have a new lease of life in attempting to reach lvl80. Currently at lvl62 it is becoming a frustrating experience trying to use weaponry and hardware simply to boost XP numbers but I do realise that this is part and parcel of the game. Although I play strategically I do spend a lot of my time with Assault Rifles along with Claymores and Bouncing bettys (not a fan of camping although the game doesn't stop people camping so is within the "rules")

90% of my time on this title s spent on-line, no doubt 10% short of all the other players who can seem to live in MW3. Using the Sony 7.1SS Headset does make for a greatly enhanced gaming experience and is boosted only if you know anyone else you playing with. It amases me how al players (especially not s good ones) do seem to have patches of amazing luck followed by unbelievable back luck when 4-5 kill streaks suddenly switch the quite the opposite. I'm not sure weather this is written into the code of the game to make things more even or simply a bi-product of natural accuring patterns within the game. I feel game modes such as Domination do have these large swings in luck mostly determined by who is holding the flags, flag holders will no doubt always bee attracting the opposition while flag attackers will no doubt be chasing the game.

Graphically this title falls very short of the mark evident by the thermal scope greatly enhancing the ability to see players at a distance. I have 20/20 vision and am often surprised at the player in the corner taking his time of what weapon to use for around 4 minutes before deciding to have a bout of overkill and sniper me in the head form 1cm away. This only possible as the greeny grey background is much the same as his greeny grey uniform. Similarly highly pixilated areas when smoke grenades are set off don't seem to blow away as they would in a real battlefield but drift as think block of midges in a mad dash mating exercise.

The sound in this game is amazing and something of an unexpected highlight. From the great war-cry of "Cover me i'm reloading" to the more soulless "Enemy UAV on-line" the voiceover work is genius. But even that does not hold a fully-loaded Stinger to the explosions and ricochets that blister and rattle the maps in MW3. The subtle "chink" of a grenade bouncing, the fountain of bullet shells tumbling to the floor through to the dull ringing aftermath of a confusion grenade and shrieking of the imminent guided missile, it's all unbelievably well done.

To summarise COD MW3 is an extremely well put together title with a huge following. Graphically it leaves a lot to be desired but did PacMan have good graphics....no! showing that gameplay wins out in the end and MW3 has this in abundance. Sure it is more than a little frustrating that a little punk from the US can get 32 kills and 2 deaths while your efforts can only muster a soul destroying 2 kills 25 deaths byt this is the nature of the beast and only spurs you on to do better. I have heard that COD BO and BOII have adressed a lot of what I have said but in closing MW3 is easily my favorite and a definite 8/10.

Twitter = Mattbeck22

PSN ID
    balexp
    Resistance 3
    The last game I have finished but one of the greatest.
    9/10

If only I had played this on release. The Resistance franchise is by far one of the most overlooked. Every installment in the trilogy improved upon the last, even Resistance 2 has its merits. The series culminated to the brilliant end that is Resistance 3. R3 is the zenith of the IP's games with improved graphics, narrative, and design.

Try it love it.
    -BP

Twitter: twitter.com/BrianPortillo
    Youtube: loopywatwat

Add me

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Rate the Last Game You've Played

Legends of Dragoon 9/10

Finished this yesterday and just wow! What sucked in at first, was the story. You start of as Dart, a young man who is seeking redemption after his hometown was destroyed by the 'black monster'. What follows after that is a tale of Love, Death, tragedy, deception and of course triumph. The usual themes for an RPG but this game really keeps you on your toes, wondering and anticipating what was going to happen next.

The second thing I really loved about it was the additions used in the battle system. At first glance it seems easy enough as you just have to tap X as the white square hits the centre. As you progress though they get harder and faster, which can be frustrating but at the same time you really felt like YOU as a person beat the bosses because of this interaction between and the game. Trust me if you don't master those addition you won't be beating any bosses!

The only real criticism I have of the game, is the the Linearity of it. Essentially the world map is just a dotted path between towns, so there isn't as much exploration as in some other RPGs. But with this game the drawing point is the story.

Overall I recommend this to anyone in to RPGs. It has one of the best storylines and a great cast of characters. This review hasn't done the game justice, but yeah if you're in to RPGs and never played it then get it! Lol only $4.99 in the US store
    Last edited by Gers; 04-19-2013 at 06:02.

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus
    Binary Domain for the PS3.

Paid only $10.50 for it, brand new at WalMart. I watched a couple reviews on it prior to finding it, and they all seemed to say that it was very similar to Vanquish as they are both published by Sega and I believe (don't quote me on this), the same crew. They both bare striking resemblances to each other and that was to be expected. However where Vanquish is very futuristic and robotic, Binary Domain is a bit more realistic, all though it is still set in the future.

All that being said, I really am enjoying Binary Domain. It might not be a perfect game, but it's fun. I love most titles that Sega publishes, from Sonic to Yakuza, to Vanquish and Binary Domain, I enjoy most of their offerings. I suggest you check this out if you find it for a bargain price (Which is very likely since it's been out for a while now). It's a very arcade-y third person shooter that's a lot of fun, and has some cheesey, sci-fi based one liners that are quite entertaining.

Overall, 8/10.
    PSN iD - Stabbings_

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    Just finished Tomb Raider...I give it a solid 7.75/10. Very good game.
    The gameplay is fantastic, front to back.
    Story was predictable, but good. Great acting/performances.
    The level design is incredible, but VERY unrealistic...only a game designer could come up with this stuff.
    Had some minor issues with sound, but nothing game breaking.
    I found the length of the campaign to be ideal, but I rented the game, if I bought the game I might feel different, since...
    ...I don't play multi-player, so I can't comment on that.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

PSN ID
    xDarkSlayer224x
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 9/10

This game delivers on everything you'd expect from a God of War title, while also incorporating a story that fits perfectly between God of War and God of War II. Play this game.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Injustice - gods among us.

I enjoyed the fighting led story...even tho, at four hours long, it is quite brief. Tutorial was useful and in no time was throwing combo's together...special mention to the interactive backdrops which are far more interactive than normal...Bought it on a whim at asda yesterday. Glad i did. 8/10
    Last edited by jj03; 04-27-2013 at 17:34.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSlayer224 View Post
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 9/10

This game delivers on everything you'd expect from a God of War title, while also incorporating a story that fits perfectly between God of War and God of War II. Play this game.
    Well I have to delete some space to play it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

PSN ID
    Eliphaz
    Thomas Was Alone.
    Truly simplistic graphics and mechanics while still maintaining engaging gameplay. An utterly stripped down platform puzzler, with possibly 1 of the best stories i've played. if your not going to buy/play it then try & find a full game walkthru - just so you can experience the gameplay evolution & how its represented both thru the story and graphically. These little squares, little colored quadangles, with names, names and personality. I can honestly say I cared about these squares, they were memorable - with more personality than human characters often have in games. Amazingly Simple.
    I'm going to step away from the number ratings, & piece by piece point system here- it just wouldn't do with a title like this. The game is great.
    "Up and to the right." Team Jump called out in unison (Thomas was Alone)

PSN ID
    Eliphaz

Thomas was Alone

Thomas Was Alone.
    Truly simplistic graphics and mechanics while still maintaining engaging gameplay. An utterly stripped down platform puzzler, with possibly 1 of the best stories i've played. if your not going to buy/play it then try & find a full game walkthru - just so you can experience the gameplay evolution & how its represented both thru the story and graphically. These little squares, little colored quadangles, with names, names and personality. I can honestly say I cared about these squares, they were memorable - with more personality than human characters often have in games. Amazingly Simple.
    I'm going to step away from the number ratings, & piece by piece point system here- it just wouldn't do with a title like this. The game is great.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliphaz Levi View Post
    Thomas Was Alone.
    I'll make sure to download it while it's free on PS Plus then.
    I can read your thoughts.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Its a miss for me...i $#@!in hate puzzle games.

PSN ID
    Eliphaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Updator View Post
    I'll make sure to download it while it's free on PS Plus then.
    You guy's got it free over there? We got a $2.00 discount, even at the full $9.99 it's a buy though imho. I hope you enjoy it - let us know here please.

PSN ID
    Eliphaz
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Its a miss for me...i $#@!in hate puzzle games.
    Its more of a platformer than a puzzle game, though it isn't a action or adventure platformer - ala' castlevania- but instead its get from point (a) to point (b) puzzle. Though if you truly hate puzzles it may not be for you- dependant on how much you like platforming & story.

PSU Staff Writer (US)
    PSN ID
    Gaglaush
    Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisan

7/10

First off let me say that this game is HARD. I have gone through both Demons Souls and Dark Souls and those games are a cake walk to this. Without getting to much into it, the combat is great, its fun, fast and there is alot of it. There are a great amount of enemies in the game that force you to play differently, and there is nothing like climbing on top of a Griffin to have to take off into the sky as you hang on trying to cut off one if its wings to bring it down. There is no lock on button so that can be a problem sometimes. There are a plethora of quest's in the game, but even the ones you get early on in the game you wont be able to complete until getting at least 10 level's higher.

It also gets tiresome to continue to run around the world map without a fast travel option. I found myself running back and forth between towns doing missions that took 2 to 3 hours that could have been accomplished an a hour with a fast travel. It also doesn't help that the game really doesn't teach you how to do anything in it. I acquired a skill that allowed me to dodge, but the game didn't tell me how to do it. I had to go into my journal to look up my moves to figure it out.

One of the most interesting aspect of the game is its Pawn system. Pawns are you're teammates in the game, but what makes them unique is that they belong to other players. After creating your own Pawn to accompany you on you're quest but you're pawn can also be used by other players from the Pawn World. You go into a Pawn World where a variation of pawns appear and you get to select which Pawn's you take on you're journey.

The game is great fun if you can look past it's issues and see the joy of it's great combat and accomplishment of taking down a giant Ogre and Hydra, just prepare to die alot even on the easy setting.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Uncharted 2:Among Thieves -8/10- I found this to be a very enjoyable game.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    God of War: Ascension

9 out of 10.

I can't understand how gamespot gave this game an 8 out of 10. It's better than that.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Bioshock Infinite: beautifully crafted game that more than lives up to its hype.

9/10

PSN ID
    xclarityy7
    Need For Speed Most Wanted, Masterpiece 10/10
    -DRFT, Sam Brooks McCormick.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    God Of War Ascension 2/5
    The worst game in a series that I truly love.
    The level design is the worst feature.
    Really sloppy game overall.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Back to playing D3 for a little... I love the game, no matter what people say. lol

Thread Information