Latest PSU headlines:

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1727 ... LastLast

Tomb Raider (2013) - 7/10 - Story was good and gameplay was decent. Glitches knocked it down, had to uninstall the updates to finish playing otherwise game froze after 10mins.

Ni No Kuni - 9/10 - Very refreshing RPG.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Dead Island

What a load of crap this game is, one of the most repetitive games i have played for years. Killing zombies is the same technique all the time, kick it once then hit it and finish it off with a 3rd hit or whatever. The games Resort area is really cool at the beginning but getting interesting weapons and mods takes around 10-12 hours to make the game somewhat interesting, once you have tried modified weapons for a coup fun hours the game repetitive nature hits you again and its like that for the entirety of the game. The later locations are really boring compared to the resort aswell. After around 35% of the main story i felt forced to only do main missions. The NPC's in the game youre doing quests for are as dull and dead as the zombies themselves

6/10

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Terraria
    Kinda like a 2-d minecraft. its pretty fun actually. maybe a 9/10

PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
    8/10 Love me some rail shooters

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Tomb Raider, would have been 9/10 for the actual game. It was just I had a few glitches that cause my experience to be tainted. Even after all the issues I still had an itch to finish the story.

Bioshock Infinite...8/10...good game but waaaaay overhyped.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    The Cave - 4/10- Was able to get all the trophies but after all the playthrough's that had to be done and there not being a platinum, the devs should be shot.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Member
    Sleeping Dogs - 5/5
    Grand Theft Auto IV - 4/5

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Metro: Last Light - 9/10

There were a few bugs and bosses are bullet sponges but besides that its fantastic game.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Metro: Last Light - 8/10

They've improved the gameplay a lot, combat and stealth feel much better. It's still one of the best post-apocalyptic looks ever, I love the soviet look for this type of setting. I love that the morality system is hidden, but I still got the "bad" ending, which is annoying. The good one was better. I also have massive respect in what they've achieved in a tiny budget and bad working conditions, a testament to their passion.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird2831 View Post
    Bioshock Infinite...8/10...good game but waaaaay overhyped.

I agree that the hype got way ahead of itself for that game. Almost every person I've ever asked for recommendations said the game was good but not as good as its rating. Finally tried it out and realized why

Flaw3d Genius
    God Of War Ascension 7/10 - Graphics are great but gameplay is getting stale, The magic has been lost.

The Walking Dead 8/10 - Not as good as i had hoped considering how many people gave it GOTY last year.

I'm really late to the party on this one, but I just finished playing Resident Evil 5. It's a great game. Good graphics, good story, nice pace. Felt like you were playing a movie. The way the game looked itself in a lot of cases kind of reminded me a lot of MGS4. It has a very similar colour palette and visual texture. The only thing I didn't like it about it was the constant micro managing of your items and that you couldn't move when shooting. This is really my first RE game and I understand that's just how those games are, but I didn't care for it.

Also, I don't play on-line multi-player games, cause well, they bore me, but I like how on-line play was implemented in this game and I wish more games were like this. I thought being able to have someone online jump in and be your partner or vice versa while you or they play the main story was a lot of fun. I liked seeing how other people went about doing the same levels as you played with them, and working with them as a team....or not. It was good fun. I give it a 4/5.

the new Devil May Cry 8/10
    it carried the DMC feeling and tone, the plot made no dang sense, and the combat mechanics were excellent

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Tomb Raider 9/10

Excellent single player, great story, stupid that I have to go online and get trophies to platinum it. I tried it for an hour, it was a laggy and bug ridden mess, so I won't be getting the platinum for it. So rating it based on the single player alone, I give it a 9!

Ancient
    RE:Revelations 8.5/10
    A step back in the right direction
    If you can forgive the lack of New controls added by RE6 and don't expect the graphics to be on par with the RE6 or 5 there's a great classic RE game within Revelations

Tomb Raider 9.1/10
    Fantastic return to form for Lara while lacking in actual Tombs it's a great origin story which makes TR2 very anticipated.

Catherine 9.0/10
    Probably one of the most original games/experiences
    I've had this gen, it's weird, unique and bloody fantastic.
    it's a must buy.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Skyrim. A perfect 10. :3

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 9/10
    Beautiful anime graphics, good storyline and an excellent battle / level up system. Voice acting in the game is very good (except for the main character, who sounds like a girl). This game is 2/3 Pokemon, 1/3 Dragon Quest - a must have for every JRPG lover.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Borderlands 8/10

Pretty cool loot game that takes way too long to get interesting about 12-16 hours before it really takes off with interesting missions and weapons imo, but afterwards its pretty addicting for the remainder of the game which was around 40+ in my case. The main story is quite boring & non existant but theres a decent wealth of humour in it, i found the 2 dlc's i have played so far a tad more funny dialogue wise though.

I personally didnt find any motivation to do a playthrough 2 though after completing the main game which it gives you the options for. The game is fun for the 1st go but a 2nd go with the same character in a pretty drab overworld is just not very luring imo. I woudl have preferred you had the option to change your character on the 2nd go in some way

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Assassin's Creed 3 8/10- It was better than Revelations for sure. There is a massive world to discover and other stuff to do. But with the curse of all the last 3 ACs for me, I had to force myself to finish it. It is not because it is a bad game by any means. It just seems to be a chore to finish these games for me. I honestly think that I need to just quit this franchise. I enjoy the first half of the game and have to push myself to finish. It is a strong game. They changed many things from Revelations. The canopy system for the forest, ship battles, Hunting, and more. It just didn't grab me because I honestly think it is a AC game. I even waited to play it for a while after release but it didn't help apparently.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSN ID
    Ryu2388
    Tron Evolution 7/10: It does an amazing job of capturing the "feel" of the grid, but, it is bogged down with repetition and glitches. The upgrades and the terminology used for them are interesting in that I would not have thought to apply those terms to RPG elements. My favorite part is that I do not loathe playing the game, as I do with most movie-based licenses.

PSN ID
    hendrikmeier
    L.A. Noire 8/10, open world but not as open as a GTA serie

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    The Last Of Us : 10/10

Simply put, the best game i've played this generation. Nothing comes close to it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    The Last of Us

Graphics- 10/10 Absolutely amazing. Definitely pushed the PS3 to the brink. Super picky people may notice an OCCASIONAL pop in, if you whip the controls around a lot, but pretty much flawless. Takes a while to load up initially but after that- no loading screens or pauses other than dramatic pauses in the cinema sequences.

Gameplay- 10/10 VERY different from any game I've played but if pressed I'd say at least similar to Uncharted. Controls feel almost sluggish compared to FPS and most 3rd person games but ultimately feel very realistic for the scenario. You have weight and speed limitations. Very well done. Shooting and weapon play ultra-realistic and they FEEL like you're actually doing it.

Story - 9/10 The story here is top notch. I kept getting a different outcome than expected. VERY thought provoking ending and perhaps a lightning rod for controversy. We'll see. I give it a 9 instead of a 10 because the ending pissed me off, but that's actually a good thing. Can't remember the last time a game's events and storys provoked an emotional reaction in me similar to a book I've read or movie/TV show that I followed. Really, this is probably a 10 but I'm still disturbed.

Sound- 10/10 From the ambient music to the clips thru the cut scenes, everything about the sound design just sounds right. The theme is melancholy though upbeat at times and it really fits the game setting and events. I'm interested to listen to it on it's own.

Replay Value- 10/10 There's a LOT to explore and do if you don't simply follow the game trail. There are some amazing scenes and vistas as well. Playing on different difficulties will require different solutions to some problems. Though there are no multiple endings to explore, gathering all the in game trinkets and such can occupy your time.

Online YES! The multi-player plays like the game but requires more teamwork and strategy than most. Halo and Killzone multi-player fans will need to get used to this!

Overall- 10/10 Amazing! Really...do yourself a favor and don't read any spoilers to the story. This game deserves to be experienced on your own. Took me about 23 hours to complete the first time on normal, mostly because I explored EVERYTHING and dug up the in game items and really just sat and looked at scenery sometimes. Sometimes I just needed that as a break from the story and game. Really will make you think about things both in life and in the game. Moral decisions, etc. Very worthy game and perhaps the PS3 has saved it's very best for the last full year of PS3 centric development!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Red Dead Redemption, 9/10.

Amazing game with a great story. I've never been so affected by the ending to a game before. Loved the Undead Nightmare DLC as well.

Thread Information