Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Graphics: 7/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Story: 7/10

Sound: 7/10

Replay Value: 5/10

Online: N/A

Overall: 7/10

It was an OK game, uncreative combat, jumping sections were OK and took some reflexes the last 2 levels, all in all i wouldn't get this game for over 15£, i bought it for 10£.
    Last edited by Nuvian; 02-11-2011 at 18:37.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Superior Member
    I've been on a Campaign tear as of late

Heavenly Sword
    *Just a note, this was my first playthrough*

Graphics- 9/10
    Pretty substantial and detailed for one of the first exclusives. Great character and environment sets. Not that it's entirely graphics, but I did notice that voice acting was off with the lip movements at times...

Gameplay- 7.5/10
    Your typical "beat-em-up". A lot of GOW elements (minus the brutality). The main character Noriko adds some spice over Kratos in my opinion too.

Story - 7/10
    Again, typical. Need to save the kingdom (or clan in this case) against an evil tyrant!! Not much else.

Sound- 7.5/10
    Honestly didn't notice the score a whole lot (minus the final boss battle cause it took me FOREVER). Fine gameplay sounds and tracks.

Replay Value- 8/10
    Short enough and fun enough that you could pick it up and beat it in a couple of days if you have the time (or lack a game).

Online - N/A

Overall- 8/10
    It's a solid game, with a very short campaign (though it will be MUCH shorter the next time I play....the final boss battle honestly took me nearly as long as the rest of the game, no joke). Fun gameplay mechanics. If you want another game like GOWIII, give this a shot if you haven't already. Really cheap these days.

Next up, Batman: Arkham Asylum

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Like any review, these are just personal opinions.

We Love Katamari - 9/10
    - insane game. literally. its tonnes of fun has lots of collectibles and replay values. The gameplay is one of the most fun and addictive things I have ever played.

Dead Space 2 - 9/10
    - A step up from the first game. The story gets a bit, odd and tedious, but the game is a fantastic rollercoaster that is beautiful

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    KILLZONE 2
    it was very fun and has HUGE replaybility and its the first game in which i actually felt in the middle of a chaotic battle/war but the story could have been way better..the online is VERY awesome..overall 8/10

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Force Unleashed II. 6/10

Game is way to short, but still somehow manages to feel padded. and doesn't offer much challenge even in the later levels. There was a cool level like 2nd or third level that was awesome and set a great tone for the game, but it didn't live up to it at all.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Black Ops.... Excellent

Also NBA 2k11... great game

Use the edit button instead of double posting. -Ixion
    Last edited by Ixion; 02-14-2011 at 04:12.

Dedicated Member
    Marvel vs Capcom 3. 9/10
    Gorgeous graphic and animation. Great gameplay and awesome combos. Slightly better than SSFIV

The downside is you could just spam any buttons and it will come as a move or special move. Played with a friend who doesn't know a thing about fighting games, he just spammed all the buttons and he cornered me a couple of times.
    Last edited by dennie; 02-14-2011 at 16:27.

RIP 60GB PS3 12/07/09
    PSN+ and Live are overrated

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Graphics- 9/10 - i would have given it a 10 but the shadows on some of the plants and people are too pixelated.

Gameplay- 10/10

Story - 10

Sound- 9.5/10

Replay Value - 10/10

Online - 9.5/10

Overall - 9.9/10

MASS EFFECT 2 I'll give it a 9/10 overall very good game load times a atd bit long but not bad either the story took awhile till about midway it started to get real good much smmother and controls were a dream compared to the 360 version to bad the ps3 cannot get the ME1

bingbong
    Black ops 10/10

check my friends blog -http://wilsonreviews.blogspot.com/

Superior Member
    3D Dot Game Heroes

Gameplay 9/10
    Well it's obviously a tribute to the classic Zelda games and it's just pure fun. I love the retro feeling and everything seems to be like it should here. Not a 10 because it's not as responsive as i'd like witch led me to do some stupid mistakes.

Story 8/10
    It's there and that's it. But it doesn't take itself serious either and at some points I just sat in the couch laughing.

Sound 9/10
    The sound effects suites the game and the music is just great. Definitely gave me the oldschool gaming feel. Gotta love the "voices" too (the blip sounds you hear when the text appears). The bigger/older guys goes "blu blu blu blub" in the damn subwoofer and the tiny ones goes like "mi mi mi mi mi". Ehh, I just though that was a nice touch.

Re-playability 8/10
    I'm going to play this again soon. And probably again in a year or something. The game won't actually change much since the first playthrough but I want to go in there and use them blocks and book all the mobs etc. And you can build your own character witch makes it somewhat fresh again. (I created a dude that is supposed to be the periscope from wacky wheels when you drove in water).

9/10
    The game is a must have if you ask me. The downsides of it is really not supposed to be any better if that makes any sense.
    I'm still dreaming of a game like this where you can go co-op and online.

Superior Member
    Batman: Arkham Asylum

Graphics- 8.5/10 Nice environments and a very cool atmosphere (kind of Bioshock like, but a little less creepy).

Gameplay- 9.5/10
    My kind of game. Lots of adventure with a very pleasing and exciting fighting system. Gadgets are abundant and relevant in all aspects of the game, and the riddles make for a good challenging quest.

Story - 9.5/10
    Awesome dark story. Joker taking over Arkham and letting the criminally insane loose! The Arkham Chronicles conclude an interesting story too if you find them all and follow them. AND, when you discover certain historical Batman Characters holding cells, it provides for an interesting insight about them.

Sound- 8/10 Solid gameplay sound, the soundtrack provides appropriate themes for certain environments.

Replay Value- 8/10
    It's a pretty long game, and the fact I "cracked the E-Nigma" (discovered all the riddles) doesn't leave me much to hunt for again. It's not a game you can just pick up and rome around or just "Shoot ****" with. It is developed a lot more around a story you should follow. So I'd have to play the game in its entirety and not just a mission once in a while type of thing.

Online - N/A

Overall- 9/10
    One of the better games I've played for the first time lately. I really enjoy this style of game; I'm always on the lookout for other ones. Can't wait for Arkham City!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Graphics 8/10-
    The graphics look really good in some places and not so great in others. Overall though the character models and levels look really good and that is the main place that counts.

Gameplay 9/10- This is a top notch shooter. The controls are very responsive with lots of variation between the recoil of weapons. Up there with the best in this category. Plus you can destroy just about anything in this game! This can also be used for a tactical advantage. If a guy is on top of a wall firing a rpg at you, you can blow his feet out from under him. This is a very fun aspects that keeps the game fresh throughout.

Story 8/10- For an FPS the story was somewhat creative but the dialogue is what keeps this game up. BF:BC2 is like an action/comedy from a story stand point. Lots of the story just kind of reminds me of the A-Team. Each character has their own unique traits which makes the story like a movie. Pretty strong in this department as well.

Sound 9/10- The guns pack a strong punch but the thing that stands out the most is the explosions. They sound very life like and effect on your player varies from different distances. Top notch in this department as well.

Replay Value 4/10- There isn't really much to keep you coming back to the single player once you are done. You have the ability to select any level and any difficulty once beaten. There are Communication Relays that are spread throughout the game and various weapons to collect. Most of the weapons will be obtained on your first play through. Same goes for the Comm. Relays. (I found them all on the first play through but not all the weapons.) After this there is nothing.

Online 10/10- This is makes this a stellar title. The story and campaign is fun but the online is even better. There are 4 modes.(I think) Modes in basic terms team deathmatch, capture the flag, objectives, and a smaller objective map. All of them are very fun with Rush (objective) being my favorite. My common online favorite is team deathmatch, but it just didn't appeal to me much after playing some of the other modes. There are also 4 classes to choose between that all carry their own advantages over the other. Must have online game.

Overall 9/10- With a strong single player and online modes, this is definitely a must own. The single player makes this feel like a big budget hollywood movie with fire fights, explosions, and comedic dialogue in between. The online modes also make this reason enough to own. The combination of the two makes this game impossible to pass up. Great game.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

bingbong
    Final fantasy 13. 10 / 10

Little Big Planet 2

7/10

Novelty wore off fast, and bored me to death after an hour or two.

Forum Sage
    Far Cry 2 - 3/10.
    Not fun at all, it feels so clunky and stuff, I wish I never bought it, biggest waste of £7 ever.

av161113
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueTear View Post
    Little Big Planet 2

7/10

Novelty wore off fast, and bored me to death after an hour or two.
    have you tried modnation racers? i love it, 9/10 for me!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Killzone 3

Graphics 10/10-
    In my opinion the best looking console game to date. There might be some debate by others but this game is firing on all cylinders in this department. Character design, level design, gun design, etc. It all looks amazing. The lighting is the thing that stands out most to me. Absolutely phenomenal!

Gameplay 10/10- This is one of the most fluid FPS experiences you can find. Each gun has its own feel to it. So in the instance of using a minigun, the motion to aim will be sluggish but the gun will mow anything down. This is a unique feel and it is great to judge the response. This game can get a little difficult at times as well. I played it on normal and died in certain spots multiple time, so it is a challenge.

The best 2 things about this game are the cover system and brutal melee kills. The cover systems is one of the best. It requires you hold down the button to stay into cover which your character will stay perched behind. You can blind fire, look over or look around cover objects with a simple movement of the analog stick up or left and right or simply fire to blind fire. This all works amazing. The brutal kills allow you to do melee either in front of or behind enemies. Enemies caught off guard will generally go down with a knife to the throat or eye and even the occasional kick to the face or eye gouge. The environment also plays a factor as well such as if an enemy comes is standing next to a wall your character will give them a kick into a wall or cover object prompting another melee attack to slam their head into the object or wall. This game is just amazing in the gameplay department as well.

Story 8/10- I heard many reviews talk about the lack of depth in the story. It is kind of true, at times.. The connection with the characters of the story makes up for that. Some of the best voice acting around and great character personalities which are all unique minus 1 or 2. It is a great redemption story. Which is what it is intended to be so it makes its mark.

Sound 10/10- One of the best out there as well. Everything has such a strong punch to it. Guns sound amazing, explosions, ships, etc. Another department where this game excels.

Replay Value 7/10- If this were an average game it wouldn't be worth another playthrough. Killzone 3 is an exception since the game is just so amazing. Uping the difficulty could completely change your tactics since most Helgaist take a good bit of fire to take down. There are also some unique trophies that actually require you to accomplish thing in certain levels. This could be a fun little challenge even for the non trophy enthusiast. A second playthrough would also be excellent just to be able to take your time and soak in all the beauty that Killzone 3 has to offer.

Online 10/10- There are only 3 modes but they are all equally fun. Some of the maps are also huge on scale as some are more personal which gives you a bit of variety. The unlock system and perks for the game are pretty original for the most part. Overall this game is a lot of fun to play online and will keep you busy for a long time.

Overall 9.5/10- I'm not generally as intrigued by FPS as I was by this one. Everything just works so well there is not much not to love. Plus this is one of the if not the best looking console game to date. To my eye it is the best but there is surely going to be debate in this area. Regardless of debate there is no denying that Killzone 3 is a graphical feat and is absolutely gorgeous. With solid gameplay and absolutely stunning visuals there is no reason to pass this up. Just don't do it.

Difficulty: Normal | Playthrough time: 7-8 hours

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Plants vs Zombies 9/10, yes it is that ****ing good. If you like tower defence games, this is a must. I rate it up there with pixeljunk monsters, if you dont own it, buy it now!

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Dead Space 2.

Good game. Bang, smash, silence...death. good times.

online: half arsed.

Killzone 3.

Short single player. Good but not great.

Online.

3 modes. big maps. fluid controls. engaging.

Edit: killzone3 has been punted. Maps too small to really do anything with.
    Last edited by jj03; 03-03-2011 at 14:09.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Killzone 3: 7/10

Unlike many gamers on here, I prefer single player first and multi-player gaming 2nd. Way too short, almost like Star Wars: Short Unleashed 2. Ending was lame. Story felt somewhat rushed but it did make sense. Everything else was top notch. Mutli-player is great as ever. Great graphics., great sound design and art design. Just the SP that was lacking playtime hours. I beat it one day.

Apprentice
    Final Fantasy 13,and i don,t get why ppl bash it so much,sure it could,ve been more but it,s a great game well very decent at least,
    treasure hunter trophy is funny tho haha even if you don,t take into account the time it would take to grind for gil,it would still take at least an hour JUST to upgrade every weapon that you are never going to use,nice touch
    KDL40-V2500 PS1-2 3-250GB PSP 1TB-WD PS EYE

Apprentice

Dead Space 2 - Thoroughly enjoyed the first one and the second improves on it in every way. I don't care about multiplayer and have yet to try it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Darksiders

Graphics 7.5/10-
    For the type of game, semi-open world, the graphics weren't really all that bad. But to most standards the graphics were nothing special. Some things in the game look very good for the most part the environment at time was very bland. IE- The Ashlands. The game doesn't look bad at all though. The level designs were great too. Just wasn't top tier but this game makes up for it everywhere else. So a graphics gripe is minuscule.

Gameplay 9/10- Not as fluid as God of War but very close. At first the combat is basic but you have the ability to buy more moves which makes it develop more. Overall the combat is very solid. Especially with the fact of 2 other weapons that have their own unique places. One of the best things in this game is the gadgets. You use them to find certain things like treasures or you use them to progress farther into the game. This keeps that dungeon crawler aspect solid as well. The puzzles in this game reminded me a lot of Zelda. Very creative and fun to solve, not tedious like most. Although there were ones that aggravated me but that was mostly just one level. The Black Throne. Only downfall the game has really, IMO. That level was just a pain.

Story 9/10- The story was excellent as well. Lot of good characters with some strong voice acting. It also touches a subject that hasn't been dealt with much, The Four Horsemen of the apocalypse. Also has a pretty good twist towards the end. Overall a pretty creative and strong plot.

Sound 8/10- The sound in this game is good as well. Combat sounds very good. Soundtrack was very good, Although much like GOW. Everything is pretty good in this department.

Replay Value 8/10- There are multiple treasures that are very trick to get. Plus there are some pretty fun trophies to go back and get. With multiple collectibles and a solid game no question this no doubt worthy a second run.

Overall 8.5/10- This game was just a lot of fun to play. It has combat that is close to GOW quality and a strong story on a subject that is not played out. All this made the game a solid title. If you haven't played this one might want to pick it up. So much fun! Plus it is set up for a sequel which after playing this, I'm ready for it.

Playthrough| Difficulty: Normal | Total Time: 22:50
    Last edited by PS4freak; 03-02-2011 at 20:01.

Dedicated Member

Killzone 3

Story(7.5/10); Not the greatest story ever imagined but certainly not a terrible one either. There's still some major plotholes and people who haven't followed the series might find it difficult to keep up. Characters are entertaining enough to keep you watching the cutscenes but some are overly stereotypical.

Graphics (9.5/10); Without a doubt the best graphics I've seen on a console (with the possible exception of heavy rain and uncharted 2).

Gameplay (8.5/10); A lot of fun to play, it has a great variety of guns and the brutal melee kills are brilliant. The controls don't take long to get accustomed to. A few issues here and there (mainly when driving/shooting from vehicles) and AI acting a little strange/glitching (like Rico getting trapped inside a window) but overall the gameplay works very well.

Multiplayer (8/10); A great multiplayer that is tons of fun. I haven't come across any severe connection issues yet and the lag so far has been kept to a minimum (for the most part anyway). Not a groundbreaking multiplayer but fun none-the-less.

Replay Value (8/10); I wont be replaying the campaign anytime soon (completed it on the harder difficulty anyway) but the online gives you hours of fun and is good enough to keep people coming back if GG continue to give it the support and updates it will need.

Overall: 8.3
    Last edited by LongBarrel47; 03-02-2011 at 22:55.

Wanting: Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, ME3, Battlefield 3, InFamous 2, LA Noire, Ghost Recon: future soldier, Socom 4, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Rage, Batman: Arkham City, X-men: Destiny, Fight Night; Champions, MW3... and will IO interactive hurry up and make a new hitman game ffs!

Thread Information