Pokemon XD on Gamecube...

Story well 8/10 it more then gameboy pokemn offered

Graphics for the time 8/10

Gameplay its basic but fun cant complain 7.5/10

Multiplayer well you can trade... 5/10

Replay value yeh tons of it 10/10

Overall 8/10
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Blur

Story/Career 9/10.
    Plenty of variety with regards to racing types and objectives.
    You have your general race which can support up to 20 competitors. There's a destruction mode where you have to take out racers, the more you take out the more points you are rewarded and when you reach milestones you get either bronze, silver or gold. There's check point races where its you against the clock and then there is 1v1's once you've aquired enough gold lights for that card and met the 'bosses' demands for the showdown.
    As well as these types of races, there is objectives during these to accomplish which are; a 'fan run' where you have to get through a set number of gates before the timer runs out. The final objective is to meet the fan demand (accrue 'x' amount of fans in the event). These are done by completing fan runs, wrecking opponents, linking combo's etc.
    The story is broken down in to 9 cards with 7 events in each card including a show down with the rival at the end or when you've met all the required demands by that rival. The more gold lights you get, the more cards you begin to unlock.
    Also just to add, it has a really nice and slick menu system to navigate around.

Graphics 8/10
    While nothing ground breaking, it does look nice.
    Cars have decent damage modelling, lighting/smoke effects are good.
    I didn't come across any slow down/framerate issues offline or online even during 20 player racer.

Gameplay 8/10
    I started on normal but wanted the platinum and all primary lights have to be achieved on Hard as a trophy so I upped the difficulty and saying it made the game harder is an understatement. Sometimes I felt like the game cheated me, for example if I was winning with 2 corners to go I'd get shunted 6 times or something ridiculous and this happened numerous times.
    It was by no means an easy game to get through.

Gameplay wise other than the difficulty was great. There is various power ups like Shunts, Bolts, Shocks, Mines, Shields, Repairs, Nitro's etc and they all work well. The game felt solid and well built with great track variety and bucket load of cars to chose from.

There is also 4 player split screen and again, I didnt notice any slow down and the graphics themselves didnt seem reduced that much from 1 player.

Multiplayer 10/10
    For me, this is where I started to really get in to Blur.
    A trophy is to reach rank 50 so after I completed the SP campaign I took it online.
    There's modes from the single player in here as well as team events, hardcore racing (no power-ups, just classic racing), custom setups, hundreds of challenges to complete (if you imagine the Barracks in the COD list) + more.
    Motor Mash was my favorite. Best way to describe this is a free for all destruction Derby with power ups. The more hits you get, the more points you get, hit and wreck your rival your points for that wreck double. It was really enjoyable, especially in tight close quarters maps.
    It took me 16 hours game time to get from rank 1 to 50 and unlock legend mode (compare it to prestiging in COD). The insentive to enter legend mode is for 'Legend Cars' unavailable to no legend players.
    Motor Mash events are 3.00 minutes and you can play it as intense or as laid back as you like, its just a hell of a lot of fun
    4 player split screen!! Just tops it off really. Get a few mates round and have a blast, its brilliant and keeps you coming back for more.

Replay value 10/10
    With a massive single player campaign, huge car list, objectives and race types, then the ranking of 1 - 50 online, plus with a Legend mode which takes you back to 1, resetting your stats but with additional Legend cars unlocked and the vast amount of challenges, there is plenty to do in Blur.
    Another plus as well is the 4 way split screen. Not many games this gen have this so it was a nice feature to take advantage of and its brilliant fun with a few mates round.
    This is roughly £10-£15 now (I paid £12.99 new) and was worth every penny.

The only thing that may get on peoples nerves is the extremely difficult racers on the Hard difficulty setting but when you complete a race it is very satisfying and rewarding knowing you did it after the 30th attempt
    1 last thing is that even though I always got a game online, I never saw more than 1000 people online at once so im guessing this is gradually dying.

Overall 9/10
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 03-02-2011 at 22:38.

Dedicated Member
    Far Cry 2.

9/10

Best stealth game this gen.

Superior Member
    Killzone 3

6/10

Huge disappointment compared to Killzone 2

av161113
    Quote Originally Posted by haldalish View Post
    Killzone 3

6/10

Huge disappointment compared to Killzone 2
    now, now, you must have a reason?

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av161113 View Post
    now, now, you must have a reason?

Story:

I'm not going to spend much time on this part as I don't want to spoil anything. Also, there really isn't much to talk about in regards to story. That is a common occurrence in FPS's. Killzone 3 starts things off right after the ending on Killzone 2. The same characters at the end of Killzone 2 return in similar form and are dealing with the consequences of what happened in Killzone 2. I immediately noticed the in-game cut-scenes have been replaced my pre-rendered ones. While they do look much better, I found the transition from cut scene to gameplay to be more jarring. If you don't enjoy watching cut-scenes you should be a little weary of jumping into the single-player mode. Many characters return. The infamous Rico plays a large role in the story; however, Guerrilla Games have done a better job of not making him so repulsive. New villains replace Visari and Radec, but almost feel “cartoonish” in comparison. I won't get into the ending but it leaves much to be desired. Overall I'd say the dialog and story telling is better, but it's a little disappointing to see them pass another opportunity to create an engaging story with a series that has so much lore and atmosphere.

Presentation/Graphics/Sound:

Upon booting up Killzone 3 you may think something died inside your TV. Fret not, it is purely an “artistic” design choice by the great minds at Guerrilla Games. The menu background is blood-red with another shade of red for the text. Red on Red; brilliant. If you can't sense my sarcasm, the menu design is ugly and hard to read. In my time playing the game I have also ran into several glitches that take away from the presentation of the game.

The graphics engine developed by Guerrilla Games is second to none in the console industry. They create rich worlds thanks to amazing lighting, textures, particle effects and much more. There is so much happening on the screen that it is easy to get lost in the game; feel yourself in a war-zone. Killzone 2 was often criticized for being blurry, so they made the switch to MLAA for aliasing issues. This, to me, is both a good and bad thing. It's good because the image quality of the game is outstanding. It rivals games with higher resolutions in image quality. It's bad because by doing so I feel the series has lost some of its atmosphere. Killzone 2 had a dull, drab look to it. I feel that with Killzone 3's sharp image the grittiness of war has been subdued. This is another issue I have with the change to color scheme. Killzone is no longer “grayzone”. “Colorzone” is an appropriate title now I assume. Killzone 3 is bright and colorful, but at the same time we are still playing through these depressing environments. The artistic choice contradicts itself. The environment will have a certain color overtone but then random colors, which seem to appear out of nowhere, contrast against the environment. While Killzone 3 is technically the most impressive game on the console, I would have to say Killzone 2 is more appealing to the eyes.

I have no quarrels with the sound. The guns sound amazing, as do the other sound effects. With a great sound system you really feel like your in a battle field. I did notice a few dialog audio glitches that didn't really hurt the game much; actually fairly amusing. The soundtrack is amazing in game and in the menu system. The orchestra gets you pumped for battle.

Gameplay:

The most important aspect of a FPS and ultimately where killzone 3 fails to improve at most. I've actually found it a substantial downgrade compared to its predecessor. Anyone that frequented gaming forums around the launch of Killzone 2 will remember how much hate it got for its control method. The game was judged as “laggy” and “cumbersome.” I never quite shared those opinions but I understood where they came from. I simply accepted KZ2 as being unique. In a effort to remove themselves from these claims Guerrilla Games decided to re-haul the control method from Killzone 2. The controls in Killzone 3 are much more responsive, but at the cost of what?

The changed controls seemed to remove the feeling of immersion you had in Killzone 2. In Killzone 2 you felt as if you were a soldier carrying a hundred pounds of gear. Don't get me wrong, the immersion is still marginally greater than most FPS's. The inclusion of heavy jet pack mechanics help in this aspect. The game is more fast-paced now; borderline twitch-shooter. Fun for some but doesn't really belong in the Killzone series in my opinion. The problem here is that they made the controls faster and overall gameplay faster but didn't alter other things in the campaign. For example, Helghast still take large clips to kill while you die in a few shots. For a game that is moving at a faster pace the enemies should be downed quicker.

The campaign feels disjointed, and the battles feel more scripted than ever. To balance out the less satisfying combat mechanics Guerrilla Games have chosen to throw the player lots of variety. Each section jumps from cut-scene to gameplay, to the point of interrupting gameplay. Right when you're getting into the grove you are hit with another cut-scene. Many on-rail segment fill the game which isn't the reason why I play Killzone game. I play them for the combat, but there appears to be a problem here as well. Many cover system based games fall into an area of trail and error and I'm afraid Killzone 3 epitomizes it. The cover system in Killzone 3 is less useful compared to Killzone 2. Many times behind cover I am still getting shot. They don't design battles as much as they design puzzles. Combat isn't a push/pull of offense and defense and adapting to circumstances. Its primarily about a challenge and finding "the" way through the challenge. They show you the chaos of war until you find the way they want you to play it. Only then does everything fall into place in a cinematic style.

Online:

I've always relatively enjoyed the campaign for Killzone game, but it is the multiplayer that has made me a fan. Killzone 3 returns with its objective based modes, class based system and chaotic battle-fields. There are 3 modes to the multiplayer: guerrilla warfare, warzone and operations. Guerrilla warfare is essentially regular team deathmatch; however, the time frame each match last is not very satisfying. Warzone makes its return from Killzone 2 and is the cream of the crop. Each game last around twenty minutes and consist of multiple rolling objectives your team most complete while fighting the other team. Operations is the new mode to multiplayer. Like warzone, there are objectives but its more centered around defense and offense. Offense must complete their objective to move to the next one and defense must stop them to win the match. This mode could really take off but with only three maps and some balancing issues I'd still say warzone is the most complete mode.

The class system also returns. There are five classes: field medic, tactician, engineer, marksman and infiltrator. Each class has its ups and downs, and like any team based shooter there are some balance issues. The medic class is a not very useful with limited revive range, short re-spawn time of downed players and inferior gun selection. The marksman class also has questionable design choices. Particularly, why does the sniper based class, with cloaking, have an assault rifle to use at will? With some faults, the classes are fairly balanced and there are no game-breaking classes like the assault class in Killzone 2. The upgrade system for each class has been redone as well. In Killzone 2 it began to feel like a grind-fest to unlock abilities but the new system remedy any such nuisance.

Killzone is perfectly described by its name. The game is a chaotic battlefield; sometimes a bit too chaotic. The maps are more twisty and turning than before with added gimmicks to boot. Snowdrift features a blizzard that, admittedly, is pretty cool for an online game. Ultimately, it becomes more of a hindrance in the long run. Pyrrhus Crater features a overwhelming green color-tone with slanted grounding. My guess is too make the player fell disoriented but I don't see the fun in that. Mechs, turrets , motor strikes and jet packs also had to the chaos. Unfortunately, they also take away from the skill in fighting an opponent; essentially free kills are rewarded to players who use these. As I stated earlier, the gameplay of Killzone has changed. It's more twitchy now. The weight has been altered as well as recoil, bullet spread and bullet damage. The guns feel nearly interchangeable now. A LMG has about the same recoil and bullet spread as a AR and a SMG. It's now much easier to kill, and to add to that the bullet damage has increased. The slow-paced dynamic gun-play of Killzone 2 has been exchanged for twitch based gameplay. No longer do I run past enemy gunfire to flank them, or shoot it out with an opponent till we both empty our magazines and begin pistol dueling. The gun-play is now centered around: sprint till I see someone, shoot, they die, continue sprinting. That or just camping and putting two bullets into someone as soon as they enter the room.

I guess I should also mention Killzone 3 is inferior or lacking in several features that Killzone 2 supported: custom games, custom soundtracks, friendly fire, squad chat, medic location system, stat tracking, clan messaging, joining clan members in game, web-based replay mode, weekly honor badges, proximity chat, sniper rifle sway, and a decision to go from a dynamic spawn system to a static one.

Final Thoughts:

Killzone 3 is by no means a bad game. It's a fairly decent game plagued by questionable design choices. Its single player is fun but won't hold you over for too long. Took me about 6 hours to complete. The multiplayer is quite addicting thanks to the unlocking system, but overall feels shallow compared to Killzone 2 in both features and depth. Killzone 3 just feels like a game that was rushed to meet a deadline, as seen obvious by the server problems and glitches. The game feels less like a game for fans of the Killzone series and more for fans of other shooter games. Guerrilla Games tried to appease to every complaint about Killzone 2 and in turn made a game that lost its identity. A game that does many things good but none great. In essence, Killzone 3 feels like a game made by suits rather than a game made by passionate developers.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Fuzzymon
    Fallout New Vegas overall i give it a 9/10 graphics were ok nuthin special 7/10 Gameplay can eat up the frame rate but fun to sneak up on someone for that bonus damage 8.5/10.replay value is ok 8/10 online N/A.Sound was good nuthin special 8/10 I was a big fan of fallout 1,2,3 and tactics so it was a no brainer for me to buy it. BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR ELDER SCROLLS V!
    Last edited by Fuzzymon; 03-10-2011 at 04:37. Reason: Me stupid LOL

Killzone 3 - graphics: 10/10. All the rest 5/10 tops. Load of crap.

Dragon Age 2 - graphics 7/10. All the rest solid 8/10 so far.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Fuzzymon
    I just played the multi player demo of modern combat demolition and it was alot like counter strike in many ways. But the loading time killed it for me.So overall i give it a 5.5/10 could of done so much better in so many ways bad knock off of counter strike.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Crysis 2 - got early copy. home. put in ps3. launched campaign. yawned. took it back. graphically, it's ok, tho nothing special. gameplay...zzzzzzzz....suits...zzzzzz...shooting.. .slams..zzzz.

game returned. refund. thankyou and goodbye.

Elite Guru
    Vanquish. Solid 8. Too short a game is probably the biggest criticism. Fun and will definitely keep it to play through and probably Platinum.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Mass Effect 2 the game was great the graphics were top notch and gameplay was to.
    Silver's score 9.5/10 the only reason it didn't get perfect for the simple fact of frame rate drops.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

10/10 - Killzone 3

I should note that Killzone is only an 8/10 without the Sharpshooter, but since I only play with the Sharpshooter I give it a 10/10. It's like no other experience I've ever had outside of an arcade.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NoodleGirl
    9/10 - Killzone 3

I admit i HATED KZ2 but this one is different, maybe they made it more like CoD i dunno lol it's FAB and i love it! I only rated it 9/10 because CoD, has always been my 10 out of 10 plus i freakin' rule at it. XD
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=176020&dateline=12859  29804

Apprentice
    modnationRacers: easily 10/10. just try it and you'll understand.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Apprentice
    "seriously! i'm content w/ killzone and modnationRacers, more than enough content to keep me gased-up, occupied, exhausted and exploring for the next 5 years!"
    Last edited by lee___radio; 03-27-2011 at 15:04.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Dragon Age 2

Story 8/10-
    There were some holes here and there that didn't make much sense but overall pretty solid. Wasn't as in depth as the Dragon Origins story but overall on it's own pretty good. The characters were very good at times and just plain bad at times. Set in Kirkwall and ONLY Kirkwall. This get repetitive after a couple hours. Get used to it though, because the entire game is set there.

Graphics 8/10- The art direction is different from Dragon Age Origins as well but I think it is better. Very solid there were frame rate dips when there were lots of enemies on the screen at the same time. The characters look pretty good, the city looks ok, and dungeons look bland.

Gameplay 8/10- A big difference between DA:O and this is the attack. In Origins there was an auto-attack for standard melee but DA2 requires you press X to melee. At first its seems fun but gets highly annoying after about an hour. But after about 5 hours or so it is a subconscious action. Other wise the core gameplay is there from Origins and it still works just fine. The dungeon maps just pissed me off though. There is a total of about 5 designs for the dungeon but there is probably 30 or so maybe more different dungeons. After the first 5 it just gets plain old. This just showed complete laziness and it is my biggest quarrel with the game.

Sound 8/10- Pretty solid. Not spectacular but doesn't underwhelm either.

Replay Value 10/10- There is plenty of stuff to collect. But there are 3 different classes to test out. Plus there are multiple dialogue options that can be went about differently.

Overall 8.5/10- I liked this game on it own. Comparing it to Dragon Age Origins I feel like the experience is much more dry and far less appealing than the original. It just felt like there was too much catering to casual gamer and not the hardcore. Enough with that though, on it's own this is a great game and an enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 03-27-2011 at 18:06.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    Killzone 3 8/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    Ar Tonelico Qoga: 9.5/10
    In short, the best RPG this gen other than Valkyria Chronicles
    In very long, too long to post here: http://tinyurl.com/QogaReview

Mass Effect 2

8.8/10

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Killzone 3 7/10

I ended up enjoying the story but the online sucks

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

^That's weird, people actually disliked the short, random-like story and loved the online?

Evotion
    Lemmings 2 - its just a distration really.
    Its pretty frustrating but ideal to play whilst some other game is downloading.

7.8/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Vanquish

Story 7/10-
    The story was creative but it just didn't really have much going for it.

Sound 8/10

Gameplay 9/10- For as fast paced as this game is it is very smooth. The cover systems works pretty good and there are multiple guns that are a blast to play with. The level system for the guns is also something I would like to see in some game now. Basically if you have full ammo and you pick up another gun it ups the rank by a star and I think there are about 30-40 ranks. It was really neat. Down right fun game.

Graphics- 8.5/10- This game also looks very good. All the characters are detailed very highly and the environment looks very good at time but somethings just don't look all that great. Like some of the enemies.

Replay Value 7/10 There are some odd 100 collectable to get but they are hid in some ridiculous places and are a ***** to find! So if you willing to go searching for them without a guide have at it. I didn't.

Overall 8/10 This game was a lot of fun to play and is very creative game. I would love to see a sequel for this. Only problem is it was very short. But it feels much longer than it is.

Playthrough: Normal | Time: 4 hours 20 mins

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information