Latest PSU headlines:

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2131 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Trine 2 (PS4). Better than the first one in almost every aspect. It looks better, plays better and the level design is better than it was in the first one. It's a litte bit less frustrating too. 8/10

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Resogun - 8/10. Best of the launch titles, I think. Just platinumed it.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    PayDay 2 - 7/10

Would be an 8/10 if it wouldn't have so many technical issues in multiplayer like constant crashes, freezes and disconnects. Also if the masks customization would be better.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Killzone Shadow Fall campaign. Haven't played the other Killzone games (only tested them a little), that might or might not contribute to my positive feeling about this game. I really loved it. It's one of the most visually pleasing games I've played so far and the controls felt really solid. The story felt OK for what it was within its context, nothing that bothered me much. As a big sci-fi nerd this was almost spot on for me. About the only things that bothered me was having to push reload more than once quite often and the rail shooter parts in the game. The multiplayer (especially the war zones) is also really solid, IMO.

I give it a strong 8 (almost a 9) out of 10.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    The Last of Us 10/10

A bit late to the party with this but I wasn't disappointed. This game was an emotional rollercoaster from the start all the way to the last scene. The gameplay is fantastic. One of the few games I've played where I constantly feel 'on edge'. The lack of supplies and the constant decision making, to take out infected (or bandits) or sneak past them all helps build the atmosphere around.

Overall a fantastic game that deserves every bit of praise it got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with this. Just finished it myself. Absolutely brilliant game.

PSN ID
    cmiller217
    Far Cry 3.. 9/10

Sent from Galaxy S 3 using Tappatalk2

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Witcher 2 (PC). I really enjoyed playing this game. The prologue was really boring and linear, but after that the game was really, really fun to play. The "improvements" that has been made since the first game worked out fine for me most of the time. The graphics is definitely better looking, the design is better and more diverse, the combat system is better (IMO) and menus (when you get used to them) is an improvement. After finishing it, it felt like it was a little bit shorter than the first one (but I might be wrong about that) and more linear. Over all this is a really good sequel and I'm really looking forward to Wither 3 now.

9/10

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    WWE2K14, 7/10

Even though it is the only wrestling game i have played the longest, after No mercy on the N64 and Warzone on the Playstation i think

It has a lot of issues and a lot of them... The stripping away of most features for a more or less WWE.COM website setup is very dishearting and not right

I enjoy though the CREATIVE more, since you can create 100 wrestlers and 50 areanas and 50 belts or more under tag usage

But that is it... The lack of GM MODE and the lackluster WWE UNIVERSE MODE

Just makes me cry a little and worry how far they will strip WWE2K15 this year

Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Last edited by claud3; 02-06-2014 at 14:01.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Last game I played was BioShock Infinity because it was free . I have never played a bioshock game before but let me tell you this game $#@!ing rocked! I am not a fan of FPS games but this ones story drew me in kept me interested and blew my mind at the end. I love stories that twist at the end but after words you realize they didn't hide it at all. The game play was fluid and the graphics were really good. I can not recommend this game more.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Last game I played was BioShock Infinity because it was free . I have never played a bioshock game before but let me tell you this game $#@!ing rocked! I am not a fan of FPS games but this ones story drew me in kept me interested and blew my mind at the end. I love stories that twist at the end but after words you realize they didn't hide it at all. The game play was fluid and the graphics were really good. I can not recommend this game more.
    Yeah the Bioshock series is amazing. I would go back and play the first one to get a bit of a back drop on how the series started. I absolutely loved the first one. It was one of my favorites of the generation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    The Walking Dead. 9/10. Can't wait for 400 Days .

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Guacamelee - 9/10.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah the Bioshock series is amazing. I would go back and play the first one to get a bit of a back drop on how the series started. I absolutely loved the first one. It was one of my favorites of the generation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I bought the total rapture collection

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    Persona 4 Golden. 9/10

Took me a little while to get into it, but once I did it was hard to put down.

PSN ID
    RETRO_____BLAST

Metro Last Light 8/10

Metro Last Light is a 1st Person Shooter where the environments you play in alternate from below ground in the Metro subway system and above ground in a post apocalyptic Russia. This game is a mix of stealth and shooting, and the catch is, your bullets are currency in the game so the less you shoot, the more you find, the more you can spend on extra weapons, upgrades, and ammo.

This game tells a better story than most FPSs do and that is what kept me coming back for more. I also enjoyed the Russian accents and style of speaking. While passing by NPCs in the game you can listen in on their conversations giving the game the feel of a living world. You play as the man that pushed the button which brought down the weapons of mass destruction to wipe out the Dark Ones, an alien race. But not all of the Dark Ones died and your mission is to find the last known living Dark One and take him down.

Man has hunkered down in the subway system, safe from the radiation and mutated wild beasts on the surface. You will travel through the metro using stealth / shooting while dealing with various factions of subway dwellers and you will venture out on the surface with your gas mask and having to find and replace its filters while fighting off wild beasts ... if your filter expires on the surface, so will you.

During the subway sections, you will unscrew light bulbs so enemies don't see you, use silent kills, and if there are not too many enemies around ... open fire while remembering every bullet used means less money for you to upgrade and buy supplies. On the surface, you will fight relentless beasts taking several shots to kill, the whole time in a panic about your gas mask filter.

The surface is brutal and a panic while the subway is stealthy. But you also get the opportunity to relax in metro hubs and talk to people, take in a show, and even get a lap dance if you like.

I would have preferred a little less stealth and more shooting in the subway and a little less brutal enemies on the surface. Believe me, you will be in a complete panic on the surface and your gas mask will run out. At one point I realized I would never have enough in my filters or amo to survive a section on the surface so I went back and restarted the previous section making sure I bought some extra amo & found every filter I could ... only then was I able to pass the section.

I really enjoyed the game and considering it's a free download for + members right now, its worth a play through if you are a FPS shooter / stealth fan.
    I've been playing video games since the days of Pong and it looks like I'll be playin' 'em 'till the day I'm gone!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Enslaved: Journey To The West

I enjoyed this game - on the simple side, but the story, characters, environments & voice acting made up for that one weakness. The gameplay itself was pretty basic. However, the various mechs and the ways to defeat them balanced things out for me. I really liked the interactions between the characters, something at which developer Ninja Theory is very talented.

7/10

Shut up and play games

PSN ID
    RETRO_____BLAST
    I really loved this game and I had never heard of it before it was offered to + members as a free download. 9/10 from me
    I've been playing video games since the days of Pong and it looks like I'll be playin' 'em 'till the day I'm gone!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    The Walking Dead - 9/10

I was close to tears at the end. Amazing experience. Looking forward to playing Season 2.

Veteran
    AC IV - 8.5/10

Really fun but the eavesdropping/tailing missions were a bit monotonous (sp?) and annoying.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Enslaved: Journey To The West

I enjoyed this game - on the simple side, but the story, characters, environments & voice acting made up for that one weakness. The gameplay itself was pretty basic. However, the various mechs and the ways to defeat them balanced things out for me. I really liked the interactions between the characters, something at which developer Ninja Theory is very talented.

7/10
    Always hoping for that sequel. Loved it!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    COD Ghosts- 6/10

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSN ID
    RETRO_____BLAST

Warp 8/10

Unlike most games where humans are the ones killing aliens, in Warp, you are an alien that gets to kill humans. You were captured by humans and are in an underwater facility where humans are doing testing on aliens.

As the name of the game suggests, one of your abilities is that you are able to warp. You can warp through thin walls and glass, into canisters, and yes even humans. Once inside something or someone, you wiggle the left control stick and explode what ever you are in. If you are in a human, their body expands until it can not take anymore pressure and explodes with a big splat of blood. This mechanic never gets old! I simply love it.

The game is an action puzzler and you are constantly thinking and evaluating how you are going to proceed ... you must find ways to open locked doors by destroying power canisters, you must avoid / destroy lazor turrets and enemies to proceed. There are ledges you can fall off and conveyor belts as well. There are also a few boss fights.

As you proceed and find grubs, you can then use those grubs to buy upgrades to walk silently or faster, to see grub locations on the map, to explode things silently, to make a ghost replica of yourself to distract enemies or to set off lazor turrets. Eventually you can make a ghost replica of yourself that you can warp to and explode what ever your ghost is in such as a human or a canister.

The game is low budget in the sense that all the scientists are wearing masks as are the solders and all of the scientists' voices are done by the same actor. But this does not detract from the game, I believe it enhances the game by demoting all humans to being the same - a generic obstacle. Scientist themselves can not harm you but if alerted, they can push a panic button if there is one in the room they are in which will call in the soldiers which will kill you instantly if you are not fast enough to hide or warp inside them and explode them from the inside out.

There are some tricky puzzles in this game and you will die a lot but thankfully there are plenty of save points allowing you to trial and error you way through situations learning what your actions cause and how to alter your actions to reach your goal.

The graphics are appealing and some of the most beautiful depictions are easily overlooked - the deep underwater environment surrounding the facility on the edges of the screen is beautiful with fish swimming around. Most of the times you are so engrossed in what you are doing inside the facility that you forget to look out at the underwater world around you. Warping at high speed through see through tubes from one part of the station to another is always a visual treat. And as I said the mechanic of exploding a human being from the inside out and watching the blood splatter on the environment never, never gets old.

If you like action puzzlers, this one is for you!

PSN ID
    RETRO_____BLAST
    Enslaved 2 would be awesome if it ever happens!
    Last edited by RetroBlast; 02-20-2014 at 04:37.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Gta v 10/10

Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy 8/10

Quality game, playing the HD collection brings back a lot of memories

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

www.youtube.com/4pixelcorner

Thread Information