Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2333 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's what I've gotten from Wolfenstein so far. Just pure, all out fun. Captures the magic that fps used to be and not taking itself too serious. I'm very early on but I'm loving it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Wolfenstein: New order 10/10

Chuffing awesome, been a while since I played an FPS as fun as this and one that doesn't take itself serious and doesn't have to go for realism as much as possible.

If you desire you can go all Rambo and take on everyone single handed by "overgarging" your health or you can be boring and go quiet and take enemies out by stealth.

WOW! you actually liked all the quick time events.
    I realized i made a typo and forgot to say that I think it sets the example of gameplay (semi open world exploration) and as far as QTEs are concerned I liked them. They changed depending on the skills and weapon unlocked

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    FFX HD: Remaster - 9.4/10

I'm deducting points for music and voice audio that stutters, lazy facial retexturing, mini games that don't work any more due to delay in controllers and HDMI pass through, an intro screen that is a little more spoiler-y than I'd like, and finally for not doing anything about accidental audio skipping, and for not including a skip cutscene option. Pretty near perfect then, lol!

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS4) - 7.5/10
    Let me get the bad out of the way first:
    * HORRIBLE cringe worthy writing
    * Not a SINGLE character worth caring for (including Lara)
    * Predictable plot (I figured it out before half way and that made it all the 'surprises' lose any impact they would have had)
    * Tried way to hard to make us feel for the survivor group with lack luster execution

The good
    * Set the new standard for gameplay in adventure games. Naughty Dog needs to learn from this for their next Uncharted, although TLOU already does some of these things
    * Graphics I guess. Prettiest hair I've ever seen, period
    * Production quality, its clear devs put love and effort into this and I appreciate that
    Disagree myself. I found the story engaging and fast paced.

tapatalk post

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 6.5/10

Decent game, but there are way too many enemies and it can get quite repetitive. Going to start Among Thieves next week, I've heard that's a lot better so I'm looking forward to it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Destiny....yes im in the alpha

9/10 so far. butter smooth online play, challenging, great graphics. need to work out a few kinks but it plays better then most games out there!

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i got the new Sly game from PS+...wow, what a wonderful hidden gem. so underrated. no one even talks about it.

this was a breath of fresh air. a heist game with a decent amount of difficulty and you can (for the most part) skip all kinds of confrontation and enemies aren't easy...so just makes it much more strategic (you can't rush through it).

and different characters have very different play style. so far love it. 9/10. 9 only because i think the game isn't going to be that big...otherwise it's a 10. i wouldn't pay $60 for it. but a $20 PSN title would do wonders. i would think it was worth $40+ if it had a great online mode (including a co-op mode). maybe next-gen visuals and a bigger seamless world...definitely worth full price.

but yeah, cute little game. much better than the previous sly games too!

EDIT: basically a cartooney version of MGS.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes. 8/10. I paid discounted price for it from plus on my ps4 . It is a excellent game. Way to short but graphics far better then anything I have seen yet and the actual game play much more streamline....Still cant turn around easily when prone though LOl

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (Ps3)- 8/10
    A very colorful game, and lively environments. Fun gameplay, basic controls, and pretty fun to play online.
    The game however has a repetitive use of some boss characters ive seen over again, and some the environments are used more than once, but i dont mind that. There isnt much of a story to it, its just more of a quests kind of game. there are alot of quests do to though so it takes some time. Tons of equipment for customizing your character, free dlc, and the use of cards can make each character unique depending on what kind of cards you want to use. Its overall A really great Jrpg to play with your friends, its more enjoyable online in my opinion than offline. the only things i didnt like about the game, was that in the online mode you were only allowed three ko's and if you died it affected your whole team. so if you had four people that made it really hard for you to die, cause it would just mean less people could get down. and some voice over cut scenes would be nice, cause reading dialog through the whole game can get tiresome. but overall i love this game and its fun to play, i also love the cross play option in this game as well, allowing you to play with vita users.

PSN: raremew
    Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V,Street Fighter X Tekken
    Quote: "People are able to hold onto hope, since death is that which cannot be seen."

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    8/10

Like all the chapters in the series, the game's a gem. The graphics are amazing and leave you to look around from time to time just because the environment looks so amazing that you tend to look at it first before moving on. Like the first 2 chapters, this one has an awesome story as well. Even though I really like this game, I must say that I was a tod disappointed by the fact that the enemies KEPT on coming at some points when it was clearly enough.. Thus, it's a little repetitive at some points but still the game's quite awesome.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i got the new Sly game from PS+...wow, what a wonderful hidden gem. so underrated. no one even talks about it.

this was a breath of fresh air. a heist game with a decent amount of difficulty and you can (for the most part) skip all kinds of confrontation and enemies aren't easy...so just makes it much more strategic (you can't rush through it).

and different characters have very different play style. so far love it. 9/10. 9 only because i think the game isn't going to be that big...otherwise it's a 10. i wouldn't pay $60 for it. but a $20 PSN title would do wonders. i would think it was worth $40+ if it had a great online mode (including a co-op mode). maybe next-gen visuals and a bigger seamless world...definitely worth full price.

but yeah, cute little game. much better than the previous sly games too!

EDIT: basically a cartooney version of MGS.
    Started playing this yesterday. Agree on all points.

dat Geisha sequence with Murray rofl

12. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I think I just played the most uninspired game I've ever seen. Magus on the PS3 by Black Tower and Aksys Games. I saw a review that called it "the PS2 game no one asked for on the PS3." Which might be fair, I've seen a number of PS2 games that looked as good, and this wasn't an early generation title, it's a fairly recent release. It isn't buggy or unplayable, it's just so bland as to be a waste of time. Graphically the game is kind of a joke, muddy textures, pop in, bland color schemes, for example trees are apparently to hard for the developer so you end up in a small collection of lifeless environments. The animation is pretty crap, bad guys often zoom along without moving their legs, the main character has this kind of slouched posture that suggests if his arms where longer he'd be dragging his knuckles when he walked. Worse, he's kind of a default generic white guy, he's not even interesting enough to have a hair style, and there's no real customization options except to change his equipment. Voice acting is tired and boring, with occasional moments of unintentional humor. You only visit six areas in the whole game, think about that, this is third person shooter mixed with a JRPG that can be finished in under 6 hrs. There's no cover mechanic, no lock on, no jump button, the game does have about 30 spells, but really you only need the standard attack spell, which uses no power, and by the end of the game is routinely killing bad guys in one hit. There's a hint that they wanted the game to be more, there's several spells that suggest the beginnings of a puzzle based system, but there's really next to none of it in the game. Combat largely ends up being running backwards spamming the low power attack button, letting your pretty much indestructible sidekick agro groups so you can shoot them. There is a slightly modifiable gear system, but later in the game you get the ability to trade in unused items for stat bonues and that rapidly becomes far more useful. About the only plus is that the middle four zones are none linear and you can try them in any order. Not that you will really know why you are going there, game does bare minimum in terms of keeping you up to date on where to go and what to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magus_%28video_game%29
    Last edited by Venger; 06-21-2014 at 19:26.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Watch dogs...played it for a few days, just wasn't holding my interest...6/10

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Watch dogs...played it for a few days, just wasn't holding my interest...6/10
    While I think Watchdogs is a pretty ambitious achievement, even if it doesn't live up to Ubisoft's massive over selling and it's probably not as bad as most reviews seem to suggest, I'm not sure if its actually all that much fun as a game.

There are things that impress, the scope of the game, the sheer size of it's virtual Chicago, the degree to which that city feels alive. But there are other elements that don't work so well, the streets are to narrow and to busy to make driving much fun, especially escaping cops. The things I've enjoyed most are taking out gang hide outs, but it is one place where other elements of the game can be annoying. For example, one gang hide out is on the roof of what is essentially a shopping mall, and when you start shooting the norms call the cops, and immediately ignore all the gang members with assault rifles and hand grenades to go after you, which is ridiculous. I should be able to aim the cops at the bad guys and act in the chaos.

Driving is annoying, the cops are annoying, a lot of the game seems to be running around waiting for random crimes or from place to place to check off locations or puzzles, the character is annoying, shallow and kind of a sad cliche.

I don't really recall a point in GTA5 where I wasn't sure if I was really having fun with the game. Some of the missions in GTA5 could be frustrating, anything including a helicopter was a pain the butt, but I was enjoying most of the things aside from that.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I thought it may have just been me, having gamed myself to death for over 25 years, i thought i was having a prolonged burn out...glad i am not the only one who got bored by it.. it's quite a pretty game, but man, i just couldn't get into it at all..shame as the premise is quite good but the execution isn't all that...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed this. The improvement from the first game is massive. The story is great, and the gameplay just has a better "feel" to it. I'm sure the multiplayer was fun too, but it's pretty much dead now. Serves me right for waiting so long to play it!

Drake's Deception up next.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Borderlands 2 9/10

such a good game, you can keep playing it for months and months and still have things to do, they've done a great job with dlc as well. I really like that they still release codes as well for golden keys so you can open the special chest and get decent gear, totally worth getting if you haven't already!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Sly Cooper Thieves in Time 8/10

As a newcomer to the sly series, I must say that I really enjoyed this game. The writing is clever and funny, the character interactions are memorable and just the moment to moment gameplay is solid. Did I mention the villains are fantastic? The image quality is really nice thanks to its 720p MLAA output however there are NOTICEABLE framerate drops. This game targets 60fps according to digital foundry but I have noticed it dropping to mid twenties very frequently.

I spent what must be about 20 hours give or take because I found all the collectibles (almost) and I have a lot more left to do so its has great value ESPECIALLY considering that it is cross buy and cross save so you get the vita version for free. Bottom line, this game has peaked my interst in buying the HD ps2 games to see some other adventures of the sly gang
    Last edited by Itachi; 06-28-2014 at 23:23.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 8/10

I didn't enjoy this as much as Among Thieves, but it was still a really fun game. All caught up with the series now. Roll on Uncharted 4!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichael View Post
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 8/10

I didn't enjoy this as much as Among Thieves, but it was still a really fun game. All caught up with the series now. Roll on Uncharted 4!
    Yeah, I didn't either. Hoping Druckman and Staley can bring a fresh direction to Uncharted. UC3 was good.....but I didn't find myself wanting more at the end.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Dead Space 3 8/10
    Incredibly solid game and massively underrated imo. It's not as good as DS2 but hardly any third entry in a trilogy is.

The Good
    -I've heard people say that coop and action cinematic stuff ruined this game but it is not true from what I played. I didn't even touch coop since the game is primarily designed with single player in mind.
    -My heart rate was jacked in almost all of my play sessions with some legit jumps out of my chair a couple of times. The game oozes atmosphere as the series is known for
    - The new planet and setting is very interesting. I just got done reading stuff on the wiki as I found the lore and story to be a much bigger hook this time around. Stuff goes down in this game and I REALLY want to see what happens next.
    - I forgot just how BRILLIANT the gameplay mechanics of this series are. These games NEVER restrict you movement and controls. You feel like a badass yet you still scream like a school girl and that is the gold standard of what survival horror should be
    - As you can see from the Digital foundry videos this game has the most solid framerate you can experience on consoles and the game looks good too

The Bad:
    - Weapons crafting is not my cup of tea. Go back to ds2 way of doing it
    - Checkpoint autosave system is retarded. There is a point in the game where you have to create a key item. If you create it and then die later the game restarts before you created it (so you have to create it again) yet with the item still in your inventory so I ended up having 3 of those key items
    - Most Suits are ugly bar a few and the game doesn;t even show any stat parameters. In DS2 you had particular armour/kinesis stats for every suit iirc, here its all the same so only aesthetic changes are gained which would be okay if they looked worth a damn
    - Once again the upgrade system for guns and suits is a step down from ds2
    - Worst for last, HOLY CRAP WTH did they do to Ellie? She was a badass character that survived on her own in ds2 and is now reduced to some trophy to be gained (there is a crappy love triangle in the game) and she doesn't even hold a gun for one second in this game. They tried to shoehorn in a love story and that is without a doubt the weakest part of the script in the game.
    major story spoiler

Like I said, compared to its predecessors, it may not hold up but on its own right this is a GREAT game
    Last edited by Itachi; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:02.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Dark Souls 2

A vast improvement over Dark Souls, and even improves on parts of Demon's Souls. The hub system was much better, special attacks were cooler and more useful (backstabbing with a spear was awesome), the Covenants made a lot more sense. I didn't like how underpowered some weapons (spears) became in the latter part of the game - just useless by the end of the game.

8/10

Shut up and play games

El Presidente
    Watchdogs ??/10

I don't know what to give this. I played for about an hour and couldn't continue. I didn't think the driving could be that bad but it was. The city looked incredibly bland and flat. I don't think playing it on PS4 would make it better. Just in the first scene with Aiden and his sister? I think? the acting didn't seem very good and didn't make me care about the characters either. Jodri was kinda cool because he was sarcastic and had some personality. Aiden though seemed about as interesting as a brick. And why is he trying to stop criminal activity when he himself is a criminal? That doesn't fit the character or make sense. The hacking feels like a gimmick. Move the camera around, wait for the square button to appear, press square, make something happen. You my as well just put buttons on the walls, ditch the phone and call it a day.

I simply don't like this game. I don't feel the need to put in another five? ten? hours to decide that. The first hour or two should grab your attention, get you interested and want to keep playing. This game did not do that for me.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Ain't no better on ps4 podsaurus...i found it boring as $#@!. Looks average, and plays like a geek's gta. Minus the fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Spare Parts 6/10

It's not a bad game, can be quite enjoyable at times, a little bit frustrating too (for me anyway).

Thread Information