Page 1 of 33 111 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rate the Last Game You've Played

Ok, so there are other threads like this in other sections of the forum that gave me the idea for this. Basically it's exactly as the title says. Give a brief review/rating of the last game you played and beat.

You can give a breakdown of the game rating of each categories like a graphics, gameplay, online, etc. or just a final rating. Use a 0-10/10 scale.

This is a lot of fun and helpful because it informs others of how the average gamer feels about certain games. Let's try to keep this going as it would be a good way for all the members to stay connected. So I will start.

EDIT: Post your Difficulty and Play through time if available.

Bayonetta

Graphics- 6/10 Nothing really special about the graphics. Just simply ok.

Gameplay- 8/10 Fast paced Hack and slash gameplay with lots of combo. It can get a little tough at times on normal difficulty, so it poses a challenge.

Story - 5/10 There wasn't too much to the story in this one. The story basically consisted of lots of action with little meaningful dialogue. Nothing special here.

Sound- 6/10 The soundtrack is ok but I gets repetitive after a while because it is very limited. But the effects sounds are pretty good.

Replay Value- 8/10 There are a good bit of accessories and items that you will not be able to get on the first playthrough. Plus there are multiple trophies that are difficulty related that can only access after beating the game. So it will keep you busy for a while if you plan to complete it 100%

Online N/A- There is an online leaderboard for scores and medals that you can obtain for sections of the game. There is no multiplayer.

Overall- 7/10 Not a great game but not bad either. The dialogue in the game is corny but the fast paced action and challenge of the game makes it worth while. Took me about 10 hr 30 mins to complete on Normal. So it is not a really short game. A solid experience.

Keep them coming!

Edit 6/2/12-
    Demo ratings are welcome as well. Just be sure to clarify if you are rating a demo. Thanks!
    Last edited by PS4freak; 06-02-2012 at 19:11.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    Ok, I'll bite and play along

Atelier Rorona

Graphics- 7/10 Nothing special but i did like the cell shading and at 720p the game looks crisp.

Gameplay- 8/10 Alchemy system is great and complex, yet easy to use, the battle system is easy to pick up and play as its your usual turn based JRPG fare, and there is aways something to do.

Story - 7/10 Story is fairly decent, but i felt it could have been better, but i gave extra points due to multiple endings, and interaction scenes depending on who you talk to or make friends with, or how you play the game.

Sound- 9/10 Personally loved the soundtrack for the game, it was on my ipod long before i even bought the game. Very easy to listen to and many of the songs are very catchy.

Replay Value- 9/10 The game has great replay value, due to the multiple endings as well as different scenes you can get depending on how you play the game, i would have given it a 10 but honestly as great as the game is you probably wouldn't want to start your next play through immediately after finishing your last.

Online N/A

Overall- 7.5/10 Atelier Rorona wont appeal to all JRPG fans as much of the gameplay is based on the alchemy system (which is what the Atelier franchise is famous for) but if your looking for a fresh JRPG on the next-gen console or are a fan of the Atelier series definately give the game a shot, you wont regret it

Keep them coming!

^
    |
    (Copy Pasta )

Gmayer
    FIFA 11

Gameplay- 8/10 Fast paced Hack and slash gameplay with lots of combo. It can get a little tough at times on normal difficulty, so it poses a challenge.

Story - 5/10 There wasn't too much to the story in this one. Itīs a soccer match so thereīs no story.

Sound- 8/10 The soundtrack is great. Never heard most of the songs and they or great.

Online 0/100000- There is an online pass code thatīs suppose to be on the back of the manual. But when i inputed it it didnīt work and when i contacted EA i had no help. so there is online game if you buy the game and then after discovering that the online code donīt work, you need to buy the online pass code to play online.

Overall- 0/100000000 I bought this game to play with friends which means that the meaning of this game for me was to play online, but i just donīt think itīs fair to be billed for the online pass. And just know about it after i bought the game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmayer View Post
    FIFA 11

Story - 5/10 There wasn't too much to the story in this one. Itīs a soccer match so thereīs no story.

Sound- 8/10 The soundtrack is great. Never heard most of the songs and they or great.

Online 0/100000- There is an online pass code thatīs suppose to be on the back of the manual. But when i inputed it it didnīt work and when i contacted EA i had no help. so there is online game if you buy the game and then after discovering that the online code donīt work, you need to buy the online pass code to play online.

Overall- 0/100000000 I bought this game to play with friends which means that the meaning of this game for me was to play online, but i just donīt think itīs fair to be billed for the online pass. And just know about it after i bought the game.
    Huh??? Fifa 11?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
    GamePlay 8.5/10
    Graphics 9/10
    Sound 8/10
    Total Score 8.5/10

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    going to go ahead and stick this thread for now

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    going to go ahead and stick this thread for now
    Thanks! The other "Rate the Last..." threads are fun and very active. I would like for this one to take off like the others. I was surprised that no one else has made a forum as this with the same format as the others. At least not that I could find.

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    Costume Quest: 7/10
    Cute and fun but too short and shallow, there arent many moves nor reasons to use many of the different costumes. Deserves to be fleshed out into a full retail game

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Assassin's Creed II: 8/10

Like the first game, the story isn't very good, yet the ending is interesting enough to make us want the next installment. Also, Ezio is a more likeable character than Altair. As for the gameplay, I appreciate the lively cities and new variety, but the combat system needs to be improved (I have yet to play Brotherhood). The stealth aspects are fun though and the music is hypnotizing.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Assassin's Creed II: 8/10

Like the first game, the story isn't very good, yet the ending is interesting enough to make us want the next installment. Also, Ezio is a more likeable character than Altair. As for the gameplay, I appreciate the lively cities and new variety, but the combat system needs to be improved (I have yet to play Brotherhood). The stealth aspects are fun though and the music is hypnotizing.
    i disagree about the story. I think it's great.

Superior Member
    NBA 2k11 8/10
    Very fun. Incorporating MJ into the game without losing any major features of Modes like most games would is great. The my player mode is always and can actually be challenging this year since you can change the difficultly. Tons of replay value of course being a sports game. Is move capable but isn't that enjoyable. Overall fun game, especially with friends.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Apprentice
    Gran Turismo 5
    Graphics- 9.5/10

Gameplay- 8.5/10

Story - N/A

Sound- 9.5/10

Replay Value - 9/10

Online - 9/10

Overall - 9/10

Probably not worth a 5+ year wait, but still one of the best racing sim games I've played this gen.
    PSN ID: TheMollusk92

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Nier-

Graphics- 6/10- Really rough textures and just overall bland visuals. Almost PS2 quality graphics at times.

Gameplay- 6/10- Would have rated it a little better if the sword combat wasn't as bland as it was. But the magic skill that you have are really cool. Plus their are a good bit to choose from. Exploring back and forth gets tedious but that is remedied later on in the game. Just not real in depth.

Sound- 6.5- The game has a very limited soundtrack. Basically the same song that just changes with the setting you are in to fit the situation. But the voices aren't too bad. The combat sound is what stands out most but it isn't great.

Story- 8.5- This is the game's strong point. The story is not really all that in depth but it is a very emotional driven story with twist and turns here in there. This is what saves this game from being unworthy of playing.

Replay Value- 10/10- There is lots to do in this game after you beat it. You have weapons upgrades that you cannot get all of in one play through. It also rewards you with different scenarios for the ending of the game when you play through multiple times. 4 endings total. Also tons of sides quest. If interested it would keep you busy for a while.

Overall 7.5/10- The mediocre gameplay is overshadowed by the story. Not one of the best out there but still very good. With lots of stuff to keep you busy after you complete it the first time, isn't one that is over after first run through. Overall a solid game. Took me 34 hours to complete on my first run, lots of side quest, but the main story is very short.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Enslaved: OTTW

7/10

Story is great but the combat is simple and the climbing is way to automatic.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West

Graphics- 9/10 Gorgeous art direction, particularly the New York sections of the game

Gameplay- 8/10 Although the platforming is perhaps too automatic and the combat could do with more depth, it does everything very well, especially the cloud hover mechanics....

Story - 9/10 Superb story and great characters, they really do draw you into the game. The relationship between the two leads is the strongest since PS2's Ico

Sound- 10/10 Composed by Nitin Sawhney, the soundtrack is amazing and really adds to the epic feel of the game

Replay Value- 8/10 I finished it yesterday and want to go back already, particularly to play the New York levels, which are stunning

Online N/A- Some download content, including extra levels controlling Pigsy, but not had chance to look into that yet

Overall- 9/10 Some games just have 'it', that special something, which despite its flaws lifts it above most games, and Enslaved: OTTW has just that, the X-factor. I highly recommend it

MASS EFFECT 2 I'll give it a 9/10 overall very good game load times a atd bit long but not bad either the story took awhile till about midway it started to get real good much smmother and controls were a dream compared to the 360 version to bad the ps3 cannot get the ME1

Ryan DabsDotCom
    I'll say straight up first off that I've not played Bayonetta long, just over an hour, but maybe it's just my playing style but I feel like I'm just smashing the buttons at the moment.

Yeah, nice combos come out but it's not so satisfying as I couldn't possibly tell you how I did them.

Dedicated Member

Playing AC: Brotherhood online again due to the new DLC. It's fun. I rate the new DLC 8/10, the chest capture mode is cool.

harry potter and the deathly hallow part 1, the game looks ok but it's rubbish really !!!!!! but if you want trphies it's well easy ! 6/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    First off I gave this game a hard time back in the day because of my initial thoughts on it. Just couldn't get into it but it was on sale at black friday so I gave it a chance and it didn't disappoint me. So on with the review!

Infamous

Graphics 8/10-
    For the time period in which this game came out it looks very good. Crisp visual in an open world game are not something that always go hand in hand. Character animations are not stellar but it makes up for it with the electricity visuals.

Gameplay 8/10- It is a very large open world environment that has lots of areas to explore. At first it is very tedious getting from point a to point b but added abilities make it much quicker an more fun. Climbing buildings is probably the biggest nuisance. Ledge overhangs in the worst spots will leave you searching for another way up. On the combat, very fun to zap enemies but the aiming in the game is a little clunky and not very accurate. Cole has powers like Thunder stomp, shockwave from jumping down, and Lightning Storm which was just awesome. Quite enjoyable.

Sound 8.5/10- This games sound stands out. There were points where my subwoofer would shake my room. The sounds of the electricity are very cool and strong. The voice acting is ok at best by the supporting cast. But Cole's voice acting was very good. Top notch.

Story 7/10- Would have been rated better if the story didn't just really fall into place at the last couple hours of the game. There were also points that were just left unexplained and left holes. Although these could be addressed in the sequel, didn't do much of a job of setting up that way. The end result of the story was very good. Just took so long to develop.

Replay Value 10/10- There are collectables, and lots of them, 350 to be exact. I only found half of them in my first playthough so will keep you busy finding those. Also a good bit of side quest to keep you busy. The game also has moral choices that can be made throughout. These choices affect the story. Basically good or bad, whichever you don't side with leaves open for a whole second playthough with different powers to explore will keep you busy for a good while.

Overall 8.5/10- This game is very fun from beginning to end. There were points that got to be a bit tedious but you would soon be rewarded with a new power that helps keep it fresh. The amount of side content also helps for a change of pace as well a more stuff to do after completing it. Overall I would like to say it took me between 20-22 hours to complete. No timer so can't say for sure. This is a great game that definitely deserves a play through, especially since the sequel is coming out sometime in 2011.

TWISTED METAL
    LBP 2
    9/10
    co op is awesome
    playing alone sucks

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

Mass Effect 2. Awesome. 10/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Dead Space 2-

Graphics- 9/10 Some places it is better than others but the parts in Space are just absolutely amazing. Beautiful game.

Gameplay- 9/10- The first game was great, this one even better. Tweak some of the sluggishness from the first and stepped up the response in the controls just a bit. Zero Gravity in this game blows the first out of the water, more control. Plus the addition of a few guns and different suit types with different perks was also welcomed

Sound 10/10- About the best there is. Creepy on all levels.

Story 8/10- It wasn't as intriguing as the first game but it was a great plot. The "flashbacks" without spoiling anything are the best part of the story. The entrance of a new companion really help out the story.

Replay Value 10/10- There are suits upgrades to find that are only available on a second playthrough. Plus collecting power nodes to max out the rest of your inventory in a New Game+ run through, replay game with complete game items and weapons, etc. If you dare there is Hardcore mode, 3 saves no checkpoints limited health and ammo, unlocked after completing first playthrough. Good luck with that.

Overall 9/10- Just an awesome some game. You have all the information, if it sounds good go buy it. It is well worth it.

Playthrough 1: Diff. Normal = 11 hours 30 mins (taking my time)
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-04-2011 at 19:52.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    Dead Space 2

Graphics- 8/10 In some parts of playing the game it looks good but the graphic detail really isn't there as far as char models and things its still good and alot better graphics wise than Dead Space 1.

Gameplay- 9/10 If you liked Dead Space 1 then you will enjoy Dead Space 2. It has the same elements to a certain extent as far as combat/weapon systems but its fun and I really enjoy playing it.

Story - 8/10 It really depends if you played Dead Space 1 to be honest, you can play and say it sucked or not but if you played the first game then you would understand Dead Space 2 more.

Sound- 9/10 The sound effects and voice acting is good. The sound effects alone and scare element are top dog. I got scared twice on my first playthrough other than that its great.

Replay Value- 7/10 The game has decent replay value for the trophy hunters its good for a Platinum but I don't see myself playing it again after I complete it.

Online- 5/10 I played the MP for a few rounds and it seems like the necromorphs are out gunned and done. Its easy to spray the hell out of the enemy and kill them with the pulse rifle. It really isn't that balanced in my opinion and im glad they didn't add MP trophies or else I would never get platinum I didn't like the MP at all.

Overall- 8.5 It has its really good points story wise but the MP is kinda lacking and won't warrent replay value after I beat it to just play the MP. If you are a fan of Dead Space 1 then you should mos def pick u Dead Space 2 the SP is great.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Dead Space Extraction- Controller

Graphics 8/10- This is taking into account that this is a port over from the Wii. Very good off this fact.

Gameplay 8/10- Very fun game. Didn't play with Move but it was still fun with controller. This seems like a very good reason to own Move.

Story 8/10- The story is solid much like the other two Dead Spaces. It is also really cool to see the other end of the spectrum from the Dead Space 1 story. Some good characters some not so good but overall they work together pretty smoothly.

Sound 7/10- Nothing like Dead Space but not bad.

Replay Value 4/10- There are some collectibles that can be searched for but it is nothing that really matters. Unless you just want to up the difficulty it will give you another run. Otherwise once your done with the main story and the Challenges you can put this one away.

Overall 7.5/10- With a solid story and solid game play, this game definitely deserves a playthrough. It is great being able to see the breakout from the Colony perspective. As I said if I would have played this with move, probably would have scored higher. It has Challenges to do once you are done with the Main story. Give it a shot, won't disappoint.

Play through 1: Difficulty:Normal | Play Time: Around 7-8 hours

Thread Information