Dedicated Member

War Wounds Thread (WARNING! Graphic Content inside)

Hey all,

haha i injured myself yesterday working, and got a little bit of a splinter in my thumb and decided to make this thread. Post up some gnarly pics of your war wounds and tell us how it happened.

I managed to get this splinter while breaking up wood at work, was hitting pretty hard and just missed the wood with the hammer and caught my thumb. The splinter entered from underneath the nail then came out through knuckle region

Forum Sage

What the hell.

El Presidente
    Ow...

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Guru
    Nice. That will be +sore+ as hell around the tip of your finger like that. Did you hit up the ER or just pull, yell and bandage?
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks awesome! But painful...

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    Nice. That will be +sore+ as hell around the tip of your finger like that. Did you hit up the ER or just pull, yell and bandage?
    Nah work sent me to the ER coz it was a soft pine wood splinter they didn't want anything left inside my thumb, because infection would cost them more on their insurance haha

Forum Guru
    That's probably not a bad idea.

A year or so ago we were at the beach, and I couldn't find the bottle opener so I was knocking the tops off like I've done a thousand times before - putting the top on an edge and hitting the top of the bottle with the heel of my hand. Well, the top of this one bottle snapped off, kind of sheared off at an angle leaving a jagged neck and I jammed it into my hand. Nice and deep, the blood was coming out pretty heavily. Well I did a quick wrap up with a t-shirt, we went home. I tapped it up and told the woman it was probably fine, and 2 hours later when I undid the bandage, whooosh, out it comes again.

I just ran up to the local Solantic. They wound up cauterizing it vs. stitches since it was deep, and it was supposed to heal faster, cleaner. It did, but what a drag/PITA for about a month with bandage changes, etc. I think I still have some pics up somewhere, I'll post 'em if I find them again.
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

I'm a real boy!
    I was 8. There was a penny drive at school. The winning class was treated to a pizza party, so naturally I wanted to win. My dad had this giant jar full of pennies in the basement; probably about $200 worth. Being 8 and not knowing any better I decided I would take it upon myself to carry the thing out.

I made it about 10 feet across the basement floor before it slipped. The force of the glass hitting the ground and the pennies causes a piece of glass to cut my wrist open. The original cut was only about as far down as it is on the left side, but the glass also cut 3 out of 5 tendons so the doctors had to cut down to get them back up. Apparently I was millimeters away from severing a nerve, which would have caused me to permanently lose all feeling in my left hand.

Looking back I'm not sure how I planned on getting the thing to school, my mom was driving me after all and she would have undoubtedly said no.

And here's the scar almost 15 years later, it's hard to get a picture of with my camera. Combination of pale skin and a camera that fails without flash/keeping two arms perfectly still. It's far more visible in person.

Last edited by Tyrien; 01-18-2011 at 03:58.

Forum Sage

Is that picture framed on your wall?

I'm a real boy!
    No, I have it stuck in the top corner of a wall mirror.

So yes, I look at it every morning when I get ready for the day, lol.

Thanks though, I should frame it. I need to find a badass frame for it though.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    I was 8. There was a penny drive at school. The winning class was treated to a pizza party, so naturally I wanted to win. My dad had this giant jar full of pennies in the basement; probably about $200 worth. Being 8 and not knowing any better I decided I would take it upon myself to carry the thing out.

I made it about 10 feet across the basement floor before it slipped. The force of the glass hitting the ground and the pennies causes a piece of glass to cut my wrist open. The original cut was only about as far down as it is on the left side, but the glass also cut 3 out of 5 tendons so the doctors had to cut down to get them back up. Apparently I was millimeters away from severing a nerve, which would have caused me to permanently lose all feeling in my left hand.

Looking back I'm not sure how I planned on getting the thing to school, my mom was driving me after all and she would have undoubtedly said no.
    Ouch that looks painful I love how you have a picture of it framed though
    EDIT: Oh its not framed haha yeah find a badass frame for it!

Quote Originally Posted by DT
    A year or so ago we were at the beach, and I couldn't find the bottle opener so I was knocking the tops off like I've done a thousand times before - putting the top on an edge and hitting the top of the bottle with the heel of my hand. Well, the top of this one bottle snapped off, kind of sheared off at an angle leaving a jagged neck and I jammed it into my hand. Nice and deep, the blood was coming out pretty heavily. Well I did a quick wrap up with a t-shirt, we went home. I tapped it up and told the woman it was probably fine, and 2 hours later when I undid the bandage, whooosh, out it comes again.

I just ran up to the local Solantic. They wound up cauterizing it vs. stitches since it was deep, and it was supposed to heal faster, cleaner. It did, but what a drag/PITA for about a month with bandage changes, etc. I think I still have some pics up somewhere, I'll post 'em if I find them again.
    Ouch that would have hurt too, try and find those pics

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuu View Post
    Ouch that looks painful I love how you have a picture of it framed though
    EDIT: Oh its not framed haha yeah find a badass frame for it!
    I feel like I'd want something with skulls because of how epic a scar it is.

Finally You Are Free
    Ouch! As far as punctures go, the worst I've ever had was a large staple hanging out from underneath a reclining chair. I was maybe 12 at the time, and to sit down I'd walk up to it from the side and my feet would briefly pass under it, and I'd twist and flop down onto it. This time, one of the large buckle staples had partially slipped out and it cut right into my foot. Maybe 2 inches long and a quarter of an inch deep. Hurt like hell and bled rather profusely. I still have the scar, but it's very faded.

As far as any injury goes though, my worst is definitely when I broke my leg back in August of 2009. I hit a car at 30MPH and my right shin took the full impact. I still don't walk right, and it's always sensitive by the end of the day from walking.

El Presidente
    I've never had major injuries. I've never been to the hospital for anything but when I was little I ran around my living room playing and ran right into the corner of the fireplace. Had I gone any faster I could have put a hole in my forehead. There's just a little scar here now. I'm told I hit that, yelled a bit then went right back to running around playing.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Now thats a splinter I seen friends with what they call splinters and I always say stop being a $#@! wimp I ve see bigger grains of sugar.

Got a deep cut on my leg I got when I was 9, I got it whilst climbing up a steep incline my foot slipped and my leg fell onto a very sharp stick I thought nothing of it at the time because no blood was split that is until aabout 10 mins later my friend noticed my leg was covered in blood, still got the scar now, back then it was almost the wdith of my leg.

More recently fell of my BMX (5 years ago) chain slipped of the front cog as I was pedaling very, very fast my right leg went under rear wheel which sent me forwards over the handle bars landed on my chin and scrped on the floor got up moved bike off the road tried looking for my specs but couldnt find them so thought fek it and sat down. A group of women saw what happend and came over offering help so Iaksed one to look for my specs which she found so then I prceeded to ask for their phone numbers, they insisted on phoning an ambulance but I said no (they have emergencies to attend) I will be fine so rode off to my friends house who almost threw up wen he saw the blood and my chin wide open.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-18-2011 at 04:35.

DEAD SILENCE

I hate! looking at this type of stuff but here I am...damn curiosity.

Finally You Are Free
    A friend of mine, long ago (maybe I was 9 or so) wanted to go down this VERY steep and bumpy incline on his bike. It was an old, abandoned dirt road not too far my my trailer, and I told him we sohuld do it. He insisted, and proceeded to show me just how safe it was... He went down maybe 30 feet, hit a rock, bounced, and flipped through the air for the remaining 10 feet and landed upside down and wasn't moving. I called to him, freaked out, and he didn't answer. I thought maybe he was dead, and rode back home to tell my mother. We came back and he was at the bottom of the incline crying and bleeding everywhere. He had stripped some skin off his arms and broke his jaw. It was pretty bad.

Not sure what really became of him. We stopped hanging out after that day. I hope everything turned out alright.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful_Blur View Post
    I hate! looking at this type of stuff but here I am...damn curiosity.
    Agreed. lol

First glance at pic: "Thats it? o.O"
    Look down a bit: "WTF?!" *proceeds to read post*

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

I BE A PIRATE!!!
    Items User name style
    i like this thread!

well it's a small cut cut there was more involved.

ok so it was ozzfest 07. i was in a moshpit. some crazy insane big dude comes out of nowhere and sends me flying. well i landed on a rock and it penetrated down to my knee cap and lifted up a good amount of skin. also got a broken ankle and a concussion from the same incident.

steam id: ravioli704

DEAD SILENCE

I seriously can't look at that pic for more than 2 seconds.

I'm outta here.. for good this time.

@ Icc -

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    holy ****, that made my thumb hurt. i don't have any war wounds to show, but i could post a photo of my friend who shot himself in the hand by mistake with a hollow point

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    holy ****, that made my thumb hurt. i don't have any war wounds to show, but i could post a photo of my friend who shot himself in the hand by mistake with a hollow point
    Do it!

Thread Information