Latest PSU headlines:

Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 192939 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Seems like the first ending that people are getting is so bad, that it just throws **** on all what the FNC mythology has been building up. Gamefaqs is on fire, according to GAF, about this ending.

Just hope the other endings are better, after resolving all the paradox anomalies.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AB12 View Post
    It's probably the people who liked the horrible game that was XIII, that went out out of their way to get it. What did you expect them them say, these people will enjoy anything SE dishes out.
    The **** they are. Plenty of people who didn't like XIII are getting XIII-2 simply because there are ****tons of improvements and because XIII-2 seems like what XIII should've been in the first place, and even those people are liking the game. Hate XIII all you want, but the basics were solid, they just needed to be fleshened out. And they have. They've listened to pretty much every complaint people had about XIII, fixed the issues (perhaps some more successfully than others) and even added a lot of things people weren't even thinking of asking (the game seems to basically out-Pokemon Pokemon with the complexity of the ally monster system).

Really, the only bigger flaw in XIII-2 seems to be Toriyama & his writing, at this point. Square Enix must've heard the complaints about XIII's story's quality, so I'm not sure why they don't just have someone else give the story a try. Though, in a way they have "fixed" the story in that it's not quite as character-driven, but has more exposition and world-building. Too bad the actual quality of that isn't too high.

Still, it's not like FF hasn't had ****ty plots in the past, yet the games have been enjoyable to play.

Really don't understand your irrational hatred against XIII-2. Why not actually give it a try instead of bashing it without having even played it? Enjoy it for its gameplay & cool world, take the story as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Seems like the first ending that people are getting is so bad, that it just throws **** on all what the FNC mythology has been building up. Gamefaqs is on fire, according to GAF, about this ending.

Just hope the other endings are better, after resolving all the paradox anomalies.
    I'd understand this kind of behaviour if XIII had some godsent storyline, but why are people getting so riled up in this case? How can it "throw **** on all what FNC mythology has been building up"? I didn't even know it was building up to something.
    Last edited by Azu; 12-17-2011 at 08:53.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

3. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I knew this would happen, gamers will always complain no matter how good a game is. Fix the story and people will hate the gameplay, fix the gameplay and people will hate the story.

5. Likes Itachi , Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSfan View Post
    I knew this would happen, gamers will always complain no matter how good a game is. Fix the story and people will hate the gameplay, fix the gameplay and people will hate the story.
    Hahahaha, well said.

@Azu - Still, I have no idea why GameFaqs is going ape**** just to one bad paradox ending. This game isn't FFX-2; It's not that the more you finish, the more you see of the ending. This game has 8 different endings based on the number of anomalies the player cleared up.

The player who's ending has been posted up on the internet, only had 44/160 anomalies fixed, and thus the ****ed up ending. =P

GameFaqs should calm their ******* yo.

Superior Member
    Currently playing the Japanese version!!!

=================================================
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alp_2_uBIUo

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Hahahaha, well said.

@Azu - Still, I have no idea why GameFaqs is going ape**** just to one bad paradox ending. This game isn't FFX-2; It's not that the more you finish, the more you see of the ending. This game has 8 different endings based on the number of anomalies the player cleared up.

The player who's ending has been posted up on the internet, only had 44/160 anomalies fixed, and thus the ****ed up ending. =P

GameFaqs should calm their ******* yo.
    Eight different endings? Wow, I didn't expect that many.

If that's the case, then I don't see why people are mad. Obviously some endings won't be pleasing.

Master Poster
    Damn....so The Story is decent.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Damn....so The Story is decent.
    No it's still really bad. There is a phrase going around, instead of being Trolled you get "Toriyama'd" thats how horrible it is.
    Since I dont plan on ever getting this game I watched most of the endings on the streams.
    Some of the endings are goofy, others are alright, and some of ending are getting people pissed (Hints at XIII-3/DLC).
    Set your expectations really low, and lower.

Dedicated Member
    No it's still really bad. There is a phrase going around, instead of being Trolled you get "Toriyama'd" thats how horrible it is.
    Since I dont plan on ever getting this game I watched most of the endings on the streams.
    Some of the endings are goofy, others are alright, and some of ending are getting people pissed (Hints at XIII-3/DLC).
    Set your expectations really low, and lower.
    Since most of the complaints are targeting the story I take it they fixed most of the gameplay complaints gamers had with XIII, or am I wrong

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm glad I can enjoy this game without worrying about getting "Toriyama'd". It's a given that multiple endings are weaker than one well thought out ending, if people don't like the story, fine by me. I've already seen what I wanted to see from the trailers. The game is already better than XIII.

I hope there are early western reviews for this one.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I have absolutely no expectations for the story, unlike with FFXIII. That should help!

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Amazon.com Pre-Order DLC.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Well it looks underwhelming.....

Apprentice

Overall the gameplay seems to be better (no level caps and gil is easier to get, most monsters have a decent hp except for bosses which is understandable), but at the same time easier.

Some of the puzzles are tedious to do, some streamers are having a had time doing them, and once they are done,
    they get similar puzzles with time limits.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I liked XIII for what it was. I'm sure I'll like this one just as much.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Dedicated Member
    Theres no damn way the story was ever going to be that great with the direction the game was taking, which basically looks like bad fan fiction with the concepts going all over the place. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with Toriyama doing another FF anytime soon.

I actually am anticipating playing this tho in a month and a half to see what kind of crazy BS they came up with outta their ass. but my expectation aren't high AT ALL. I bet I could do a sequel to XIII 10xs better then he could and I'm dead serious!

Forum Elder
    Story is meh, but otherwise, I have to admit I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I recall Wada (or someone on XIII's team) saying something along the lines of "this design is the future of RPGs" for XIII, but anecdotally it sounds like he was wrong on that point. It's pretty enjoyable meandering around the towns listening to the towns folk, being able to interact with them, etc. Add to that, it's a nice touch when you use the Moogle or Chocobo in front of the towns folk and they run over to see what's going on along with the associated oohs/aahs and what not.

The live action (i think that's what it's called) occurs pretty frequently, though it'd be nice to be able to see some of the ramifications of your choices early on. The implementation isn't bad by any means...I do sit around thinking for a few moments how I want to proceed since all the choices seem equally as interesting.

Having choices as to which part of the story to explore is nice, but I'm thinking the implementation could have somehow been less...disjointed.

All-in-all, I suppose I'm going to have to say most of XIII-2 thus far is vastly improved over XIII...a slight shame the story isn't that great, but I'll manage.
    -For JPN game info, videos, and live feeds, visit: http://jpn-games.blogspot.com/
    -Currently Broadcasting Atelier Rorona: http://www.justin.tv/rykomatsu
    Games developed by Square-Enix: Not worth the media they're stamped on

20. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by rykomatsu View Post
    Story is meh, but otherwise, I have to admit I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I recall Wada (or someone on XIII's team) saying something along the lines of "this design is the future of RPGs" for XIII, but anecdotally it sounds like he was wrong on that point. It's pretty enjoyable meandering around the towns listening to the towns folk, being able to interact with them, etc. Add to that, it's a nice touch when you use the Moogle or Chocobo in front of the towns folk and they run over to see what's going on along with the associated oohs/aahs and what not.

The live action (i think that's what it's called) occurs pretty frequently, though it'd be nice to be able to see some of the ramifications of your choices early on. The implementation isn't bad by any means...I do sit around thinking for a few moments how I want to proceed since all the choices seem equally as interesting.

Having choices as to which part of the story to explore is nice, but I'm thinking the implementation could have somehow been less...disjointed.

All-in-all, I suppose I'm going to have to say most of XIII-2 thus far is vastly improved over XIII...a slight shame the story isn't that great, but I'll manage.
    Ryko is back!

But yeah, your assessment seems to be in line with the overall consensus right now (i.e. vastly improved gameplay and mediocre story).

What are your thoughts on the monster capturing and the side quests?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Ryko is back!

But yeah, your assessment seems to be in line with the overall consensus right now (i.e. vastly improved gameplay and mediocre story).

What are your thoughts on the monster capturing and the side quests?
    The side quests so far are "find this for me" and "go kill <enter monster here>", but the presentation alone versus getting a mission from those grave stones in XIII is a huge improvement imho. Most of them so far have been complementary to the story line or atleast try to match your experience up with what the quest giver had been experiencing, but not much variance within that context.

Monster capturing in and of itself is boring, as it's just a crystal drop...not sure if there's anything to increase chances of a successful drop. Raising a monster is a bit of an annoyance since I'm a stingy bastard and hate spending money when I don't have to, but you can get the items for raising the monster from Chocolina. Use wise, the synchronization is fun to use and since it's activated by you, even though it's a little "cinematic action"-esque it's not as annoying as the other cinematic action.
    -For JPN game info, videos, and live feeds, visit: http://jpn-games.blogspot.com/
    -Currently Broadcasting Atelier Rorona: http://www.justin.tv/rykomatsu
    Games developed by Square-Enix: Not worth the media they're stamped on

23. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT

Bikinis? Meh...

I'm guessing that huge mechanical spider was "Omega" and a Lighting battle?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Bikinis? Meh...

I'm guessing that huge mechanical spider was "Omega" and a Lighting battle?
    That is probably omega, and bikinis are always awesome....ALWAYS

Dedicated Member
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/final-f...apanese-gamers

Hmm I guess gamers will never be satisfied haha

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MGSfan View Post
    Lol this statement makes it sound like XIII had a story. They just fixed the gameplay in XIII-2, the story is still bad, but as many have stated nobody expected any good story or writing from TrollYama.

Dedicated Member
    Lol this statement makes it sound like XIII had a story. They just fixed the gameplay in XIII-2, the story is still bad, but as many have stated nobody expected any good story or writing from TrollYama.
    Hehe sorry let me rephrase it, I wasn't refering to XIII but to gamers attitude in general.

Thread Information