Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 203040 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    Seems like the first ending that people are getting is so bad, that it just throws $#@! on all what the FNC mythology has been building up. Gamefaqs is on fire, according to GAF, about this ending.

Just hope the other endings are better, after resolving all the paradox anomalies.
    The bad ending IS the ending. Those Japanese players streaming it unlocked all the fragments only to get a hidden ending.

How often does that happen?

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    The bad ending IS the ending. Those Japanese players streaming it unlocked all the fragments only to get a hidden ending.

How often does that happen?
    Was watching that stream, it was crazy. Feel sorry for Leta, after all that time and he gets nothing.

Keep the hope alive. Lol

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB12 View Post
    Was watching that stream, it was crazy. Feel sorry for Leta, after all that time and he gets nothing.

Keep the hope alive. Lol

I don't know. Maybe that's Square Enix's way of doing it but...

Last edited by Cloudie; 12-20-2011 at 00:59.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    I don't know. Maybe that's Square Enix's way of doing it but...

No,
    They have to Capitalize on that. Although its good for people who want more, am not gonna touch anything that troll Toriyama makes.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I heard at the end of FFXIII-2, Lightning joins Fang and Vanille for a hot, lesbian threesome. Is that true?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I heard at the end of FFXIII-2, Lightning joins Fang and Vanille for a hot, lesbian threesome. Is that true?
    What...? O_o
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Veteran
    Never mind.

Apprentice

This would have been better than the endings people are currently getting.

Dedicated Member
    Looks like SE did a better job with the 360 version this time around

http://translate.google.com/translat...F53310037.html

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSfan View Post

Unless your looking at different pictures than me, the PS3 is better looking in all of them except for a few and the ones that it doesn't stand out they look exactly the same..

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCNiGhTMaRe View Post
    Unless your looking at different pictures than me, the PS3 is better looking in all of them except for a few and the ones that it doesn't stand out they look exactly the same..
    I think they look ALMOST identical, and by that standard, SE definitely did a better job on the 360

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiCNiGhTMaRe View Post
    I think what was meant is that Square actually put in the work to make both versions on par with each other, not that the 360 version looks better.

13. Likes ToXiCNiGhTMaRe likes this post
    Super Elite
    The Xbox version of FFXIII looked near identical to the PS version. The only difference really was the 576p and some shadows missing on the necklace, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MGSfan View Post

What the?? That link is comparing the prerendered cutscenes! Of course those will be identical aside from the Xbox version being DVD quality, lol.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-23-2011 at 17:15.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    I think what was meant is that Square actually put in the work to make both versions on par with each other, not that the 360 version looks better.
    Ah gotcha.. Now i get what he meant.. thanks

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    What the?? That link is comparing the prerendered cutscenes! Of course those will be identical aside from the Xbox version being DVD quality, lol.
    The first three are pre-rendered, the rest is not.

Super Elite
    Yeah, but I thought it was still funny how they included prerendered scenes, lol.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Yeah, but I thought it was still funny how they included prerendered scenes, lol.
    I didn't even bother with it. Took a quick glance and they looked pretty much the same. These comparisons are ridiculous sometimes.

Veteran
    Does it look like from the real ending there will be a FFXIII-3? Please don't spoil me, yes or no will do.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I hope not, but someone at SE sees a possibility since the domain has already been bought for XIII-3.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    As big of a fan I am of the XIII games, I wish they just put them to rest and invest all resources into versus XIII now.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Alright guys. Most people in here know infinitely more than me about Final Fantasy, so I'm seeking your guys' help. I didn't used to have much of an interest in the FF games, partially because I was too young to understand what was doing on in them, and simply didn't have an interest in RPG's at the time. So now, I'm immensely far behind when it comes to the FF games. I'd like to play some of the older games, but simply don't have the time to go back and play all of them. So, I was wondering which of the Final Fantasy games are the best?

I've heard plenty of good things about FFVII, FFX, and FXII. If I've been led wrong or there are other FF games that are superior, let me know. I'd just like to try and play some of the best FF games so that when the new ones come around, I know what I'm getting into and actually know a bit about Final Fantasy.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Veteran
    *high fives*

Signature by Knuckles126

"GOD STRIKES TAKE-TWO DOWN!" -Jack Thompson on Take Two's falling stock prices

24. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Alright guys. Most people in here know infinitely more than me about Final Fantasy, so I'm seeking your guys' help. I didn't used to have much of an interest in the FF games, partially because I was too young to understand what was doing on in them, and simply didn't have an interest in RPG's at the time. So now, I'm immensely far behind when it comes to the FF games. I'd like to play some of the older games, but simply don't have the time to go back and play all of them. So, I was wondering which of the Final Fantasy games are the best?

I've heard plenty of good things about FFVII, FFX, and FXII. If I've been led wrong or there are other FF games that are superior, let me know. I'd just like to try and play some of the best FF games so that when the new ones come around, I know what I'm getting into and actually know a bit about Final Fantasy.
    The Final Fantasy games are quite diverse, so most fans will tell you something different. The two most popular games in the series are FFVII and FFX. However, a lot of longtime fans will tell you that FFVI is the best game in the series (but I've never played it myself).

Personally, I feel FFX is the perfect gateway Final Fantasy. It's aged extremely well, since it has voice acting, facial animations, great graphics, etc. Also, it's a streamlined experience that strikes a good balance between accessibility and depth (make no mistake...there's plenty to do in FFX). And most importantly, it's a very well-executed game, with perfect pacing, arguably the best story in the series, an extremely rich world, a memorable soundtrack, and a battle system that is very user friendly, yet tactical.

I feel you can also make a case for FFVII and FFIX. I didn't like FFVIII or FFXIII, and while I really like FFXII, it's a very different and flawed game. So I wouldn't recommend it as your first Final Fantasy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The Final Fantasy games are quite diverse, so most fans will tell you something different. The two most popular games in the series are FFVII and FFX. However, a lot of longtime fans will tell you that FFVI is the best game in the series (but I've never played it myself).

Personally, I feel FFX is the perfect gateway Final Fantasy. It's aged extremely well, since it has voice acting, facial animations, great graphics, etc. Also, it's a streamlined experience that strikes a good balance between accessibility and depth (make no mistake...there's plenty to do in FFX). And most importantly, it's a very well-executed game, with perfect pacing, arguably the best story in the series, an extremely rich world, a memorable soundtrack, and a battle system that is very user friendly, yet tactical.

I feel you can also make a case for FFVII and FFIX. I didn't like FFVIII or FFXIII, and while I really like FFXII, it's a very different and flawed game. So I wouldn't recommend it as your first Final Fantasy.
    Yeah what he said. Everyone has their favorites because they make sure each game is a very different experience each time. I personally think VII is by far the worst of the 3d games, XIII has the best battle system IMO, but asks too much of the player in terms of dragging its feet. I would say X and IX are the easiest to dive into.

IX was a throwback to the old days with a fun cast of characters, great art and an easy to follow story, and X is just the most solid one they ever made. I think XII has the best writing though.

Signature by Knuckles126

"GOD STRIKES TAKE-TWO DOWN!" -Jack Thompson on Take Two's falling stock prices

Veteran
    You may also want to keep in mind that FFIX is a little harder and filled with a lot of bosses. I do agree, FFX would make a good FF for anyone.

Thread Information