Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4252 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1325
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I was about to get them for free in the give away from facebook. Those codes are gone so quickly.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Anyone beat this game yet? Did you get a good ending? Don't spoil me, just say if you got a good ending, please.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I got the platinum trophy, there is only one ending. There are alternative (non-canon) that you can unlock post-game.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    Oh, okay. Thank you.

My FFXIII-2 arrived today and I will start on it when I finish Arkham City.

Double post next time just edit the previous post with the new info.

Chille
    Last edited by Chille; 04-07-2012 at 20:20.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Hope you enjoy black wolf, its an awesome game :3 and *so is arkham city

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Oh, okay. Thank you.

My FFXIII-2 arrived today and I will start on it when I finish Arkham City.

Double post next time just edit the previous post with the new info.

Chille

Enjoy the game to its full capacity. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Yup! Definitely the best FF in a long time! Enjoy Wolf.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ok who got Gilgamish and Pupu?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    It's not a great FF or a good game for that matter. It's actually one of the worst in the series. Horrible time traveling plot. Idiotic characters. Stupid level based (super mario) adventure.

XIII-2 can rot in hell. All it is an apology for the first game, but it even fails at that because even tho it has more diverse gameplay, it all feels so fabricated. I'd still put the too-linear original over this trash.

Veteran
    Hey, I'm having trouble with Caius in Obera 200 AF.

After Bresha Ruins, I went up instead of going to the water place that's in 300 AF. Am I even supposed to be fighting Caius or do I need to go to the water place?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    It's not a great FF or a good game for that matter. It's actually one of the worst in the series. Horrible time traveling plot. Idiotic characters. Stupid level based (super mario) adventure.

XIII-2 can rot in hell. All it is an apology for the first game, but it even fails at that because even tho it has more diverse gameplay, it all feels so fabricated. I'd still put the too-linear original over this trash.
    I agree with the story and plot, but it's one of the very best Final Fantasies in my opinion.

Hey, I'm having trouble with Caius in Obera 200 AF.

After Bresha Ruins, I went up instead of going to the water place that's in 300 AF. Am I even supposed to be fighting Caius or do I need to go to the water place?
    If you're having trouble beating Cauis, just grind a few more levels in each role and you'll be all set to go.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Ok who got Gilgamish and Pupu?
    They released Gilgamish and Pupu? I gotta check that out. Been home for 3 weeks away from the PS3..haven't been paying attention.
    Trophy-licious!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post

If you're having trouble beating Cauis, just grind a few more levels in each role and you'll be all set to go.
    All of my paradigm roles are level 17. Is that still too weak? How strong do I need to get?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    All of my paradigm roles are level 17. Is that still too weak? How strong do I need to get?
    I can't really remember what my level was at the point, but the good thing of XIII-2 is that you can grind in comparison to XIII. Just do some more leveling and adjust your paradigms. You should have a Ravager, a Commando and a Medic along with you. I spent most of the game with these formations:

COM-RAV-RAV(focused)= To begin the battle and slow the depletion of the stagger bar with a few COM attacks
    RAV-RAV-RAV(focused)= To fill up the stagger gauge
    COM-COM-COM(focused)= To do some killer damage when enemy is staggered
    SYN-SYN-MED= I use this at the very beginning of boss battles to buff myself up with Noel and Serah while having a medic to soothe any damage made by the boss
    SAB-SAB-MED= Same thing as above, just for bosses or tough enemies
    MED-MED-MED= Aggressive healing. Just switch to this one for a turn and refill your health in a blink. Better to have agressive healing than just a medic for a few turns

IMO, the best monsters at the beginning are Cait Sith as a Medic, a Behemoth as a Commando and Gremlin as your Ravager. I made it through 90% of the game with them. Do change Cait Sith later on for a Flanitor though.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style

The plot maybe complicated...but damn...that's too harsh.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    I can't really remember what my level was at the point, but the good thing of XIII-2 is that you can grind in comparison to XIII. Just do some more leveling and adjust your paradigms. You should have a Ravager, a Commando and a Medic along with you. I spent most of the game with these formations:

COM-RAV-RAV(focused)= To begin the battle and slow the depletion of the stagger bar with a few COM attacks
    RAV-RAV-RAV(focused)= To fill up the stagger gauge
    COM-COM-COM(focused)= To do some killer damage when enemy is staggered
    SYN-SYN-MED= I use this at the very beginning of boss battles to buff myself up with Noel and Serah while having a medic to soothe any damage made by the boss
    SAB-SAB-MED= Same thing as above, just for bosses or tough enemies
    MED-MED-MED= Aggressive healing. Just switch to this one for a turn and refill your health in a blink. Better to have agressive healing than just a medic for a few turns

IMO, the best monsters at the beginning are Cait Sith as a Medic, a Behemoth as a Commando and Gremlin as your Ravager. I made it through 90% of the game with them. Do change Cait Sith later on for a Flanitor though.

I don't use monsters. Is there a way I can make it through the game without using monsters?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I don't use monsters. Is there a way I can make it through the game without using monsters?
    Hm, possibly but why would you want that? You'd probably have tro grind way more, since you're losing 33% of your team strength right there. Hell, most monsters are way better than Noel and Serah at their roles.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Yeah the game assumes you are using a monster, you're gonna have a hard time not using one.
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    You'll want a monster.

Veteran
    I started using monsters. I use a flanbero as my ravager, a red dragon like monster as my commando, and a mushroom/plant like thing for my medic. I encountered a green chocobo and all it did was heal itself. I bet if I were strong enough to defeat it, I would have new medic right now.

On another note, I LOVE this game! I absolutely see why Famitsu gave it such high scores. I don't understand reviewers who gave it a lower score than XIII. It is better than XIII.

I play for hours and just get lost in playing. I have stop myself from playing on and on, trying to get all the fragments and solving puzzles.

I haven't enjoyed an RPG like this in a very long time. I love every bit of it.

So has anyone on PSU gotten all the fragments?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I started using monsters. I use a flanbero as my ravager, a red dragon like monster as my commando, and a mushroom/plant like thing for my medic. I encountered a green chocobo and all it did was heal itself. I bet if I were strong enough to defeat it, I would have new medic right now.

On another note, I LOVE this game! I absolutely see why Famitsu gave it such high scores. I don't understand reviewers who gave it a lower score than XIII. It is better than XIII.

I play for hours and just get lost in playing. I have stop myself from playing on and on, trying to get all the fragments and solving puzzles.

I haven't enjoyed an RPG like this in a very long time. I love every bit of it.

So has anyone on PSU gotten all the fragments?
    I've got the plat. And yes, much like you say, I loved it to bits as well. Story could have been lots better, but gameplay wise, this is what I feel a Final Fantasy should be like in this day and age. Of course, I'd love to see a more classical take on the franchise without so many tech things here and there, but it's my personal GOTY so far.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

22. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Veteran

I disagree, it's a great FF and a good game.

For someone who hasn't beat the game, you sure do know a lot about it.

I just don't understand why people bash this game so much, there's nothing wrong with it. Now, the plot is a little confusing and there's some things I don't understand, but I'm half way through the game so those things can be explained.

Gameplay is excellent and there's so much to do. You can collect fragments, rare monsters, open all the gates, and etc. Even the music is good and not as bad as people say it is. Now as far as the characters go, I do not like Serah but I really like Noel as a character. He's just a very likeable character. Graphic wise, the game looks good, no doubt about that. It just has frame rate issues at times.

I just do not understand why the media and fans hate this game so much. It's a good game, it's fun and there's so much to do.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Does anyone have an easy way to get the lucky coin fragment. This autoplay BS isn't working!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    16 hours into the game, at the Augustus Tower 200AF. I thought people hated the ending, but apparently people here really liked it so I'm hyped.
    I knew it was going to end up a trilogy (or maybe I wished for it to be a trilogy, because I want to play as lightning again)

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Does anyone have an easy way to get the lucky coin fragment. This autoplay BS isn't working!

I believe that's a must but make sure when you're talking to the woman in front of the machine she's say something that gives better possibilities (I sunny as summer...I forgot honestly lol). Now, if you're going for the Serendiptious Trophy. Get a Golden Chocobo when you get far in the game and max it up and go for the chocobo races.

Thread Information