View Poll Results: Are You Buying A 3DS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I'm buying Mine At Lauch.

16 23.88%
  • It Looks Great But I'm Waiting To See More Games.

29 43.28%
  • No I don't Want One.

22 32.84%
Page 1 of 68 111 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Nintendo 3DS - Official Thread

You Can't Let Trends Decide What You Do - Shigeru Miyamoto

Thank You To Nintendo For All The Information.
    Thank You To Mr Fenwick For The Header

Release Dates:

26th February 2011
    „25,000

25th March 2011
    £199-£229

27th March 2011
    $249

31st March 2011
    $349

The Hardware

The Games

A New Dimension In Portable Gaming

Discover a new way to play video games. Featuring an exciting range of Nintendo published games and the best 3rd party launch line up ever for a Nintendo console, players will have a outstanding library of games to play come spring.

Pilot Wings Resort

Put yourself in the pilot's seat like never before in this 3D update to the Pilotwings™ series! Import your Mii™ characters from the Nintendo 3DS Mii Maker™ and explore Wuhu Island by plane, hang glider and rocket belt. Pilotwings Resort features a breadth and depth of field that can only be achieved with the 3D effects of Nintendo 3DS, offering a feel and style of play never before seen in an aerial sports game.

Release: Q2 2011

The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D

The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D takes the Nintendo 64™ classic – one of the most critically acclaimed games ever made – and returns it to the Nintendo 3DS system with the added depth and realism of stunning, glasses-free 3D visuals. A complete graphical overhaul, plus new game control using the unique features of the Nintendo 3DS system, makes this an exciting adventure to be enjoyed by long-time fans and new players alike.

Release: 2011

Kid Icarus™: Uprising

Pit of Kid Icarus™ fame is back in a new game designed specifically for the Nintendo 3DS system by Masahiro Sakurai, creator of the Kirby™ and Super Smash Bros.™ franchises, Kid Icarus: Uprising is a fast-paced and action-packed blend of aerial and ground-based shooting. This follow-up to the original Kid Icarus—released for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1987—has been at the top of gamers' wish lists for years.

Star Fox 64 3D

The Star Fox team triumphantly returns to one of its greatest missions with this remake of Star Fox™ 64 in full 3D, featuring a complete graphical update. The entire Star Fox universe spreads out realistically into the depths of the Nintendo 3DS screen while the 3D visuals give the player a clearer grasp of distance and position. This makes the game more approachable and intuitive, thereby allowing players to focus on the action.

Dead or Alive Dimensions

Dead or Alive Dimensions takes the vivacious characters and locales that have made the DOA franchise a hit with gamers everywhere and presents them in eye-popping 3D. All of the punches, kicks, counters and holds that have defined the series as a top-tier fighter are present for the first time on a portable gaming handheld—the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

Street Fighter IV - 3D Edition

The ultimate version of Street Fighter® makes its seamless transition to the Nintendo 3DS with Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition. The highly acclaimed console experience is now in the palm of your hand with rich new features that utilize the capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS to its fullest.

Release: 27 March 2011

Nintendogs + Cats

Nintendogs are back in the palm of your hand in 3D, with even cuter puppies and now, kittens! Using the built-in Nintendo 3DS camera and facial-recognition technology, your puppies and kittens to react to real-life movements, even jumping up to lick you as you lean in. Take pictures of your puppies and kittens in-game, and share them—or with the Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature, watch your puppy play on your own dining room table!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D

For over 15 years, soccer fans have looked to Konami to deliver the most authentic soccer experience short of stepping onto the field and playing the real thing. Now Konami brings fans the first soccer game in 3D – PES 2011 3D for the new Nintendo 3DS gaming platform. Enjoy the game with hefty modes and competitions including the UEFA Champions League and prominent Master League.

Super Monkey Ball 3D

It's Super Monkey Ball as you've never experienced before! Join AiAi and friends as you tilt and roll your way in to the world of 3D! Lose yourself in each vibrant world as you twist, turn and aim to collect every banana in the fastest time possible. Then play together with friends and be the first to cross the finish line in Monkey Race or get ready for a manic melee in Monkey Fight. Everyone's favorite monkeys are jumping out of the screen with excitement.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Return to the world of survival horror in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, only for the Nintendo 3DS system! Your favorite Resident Evil characters begin the fight for their lives in full 3D action unlike any other. Use a host of devastating weapons, and defeat countless enemies in a race against the clock!

The Friend Codes

In the spoiler tags below are Friend Code's belonging to PSU members. If you have the Nintendo 3DS and your Friend Code is not included and you would like it to be please PM me or post in the thread.

The QR Codes

In the spoiler tags below you will find QR codes. Nintendo have made it easier to share your Mii creations with others. Simply open Mii Maker, select Scan QR Code and follow the on screen instructions.

Last edited by Lethal; 04-30-2014 at 23:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Good job buddy, rep+ for the nice work. Subscribed.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    What about the specs? How fast is it? What console/other device is it comparable to in terms of processing power?

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'll take two please...I want one in red, and the other in white.

Is being tested on!
    I want one in blue. Would match my purse. If they had one in pink it would go even better. =)

Thanks to Kwesnoth.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    How powerful is this device? Is it same as Wii? PS2? and are the 3d same as the stereoscopic TVs, so you can have the exact feeling of 3d as in Gran Turismo 5 ?

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

PSU Technical Advisor
    I got the details for you.

It has 96MB of RAM usable for games, 128MB total.. So this implied a 32MB OS. At the very least we know it has 96MB.

It's GPU is the Pica200 clocked at 166Mhz (I'll have to check on this to be sure). It has fixed shaders, and a few neat little pieces of tech packed into it that most last gen consoles lacked.

Most disappointingly, it's CPU is an Arm11 dual core clocked at 266Mhz. This is paltry compared to most smartphone offerings out there.

More or less you'll be seeing graphics that look better than Xbox 1 titles. But its CPU is considerably weaker by comparison.

In summary:

GPU: Pretty cool
    RAM: Stupidly low
    CPU: Weak

Uses OpenGL ES 1.1 with custom extensions.. It also has some sort of special API called "Maestro" which can convert functions into "OpenGL 2.0 like" or something. In terms of raw output from the Pica200 GPU it should be, in most ways, superior to the Xbox Nvidia GPU. It also has 50% more RAM than the Xbox 1 so games with well over Halo 2 quality is feasible.

A current generation iTouch demolishes the 3DS in every category except for battery life, arguably.

Odds are also strong it will ship with a secondary ARM core to fuel its OS\bottom screen\provide security measures. Won't be usable for game devs.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 01-21-2011 at 02:46.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by BarrelofMonkeys View Post
    I want one in blue. Would match my purse. If they had one in pink it would go even better. =)
    I'd buy a metallic pink one.

Earthbound
    Thank you Vulgotha. A

One of the first things you read is that the OP is a work in progress! Theres more to come yet and I hadn't forgot about the specs!

I only get the time to work on it at night (GMT) so it will get some more added to it tonight!

Edit:

Updated with launch dates for specific regions and pricing for the console where it's been announced.
    Last edited by dc89; 01-21-2011 at 08:56.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I heard that next ipod will have 3d screen, if true i'll wait for that, th ipod is more powerful device,it's obviously superior in everything.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    As much as I really want one, it really has to drop under £200 first !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Member

For the GB/GBC downloads, Nintendo needs to get with Wayforward and talk about getting the original Shantae up there. The DSiWare one is absolutely fantastic but so many people have yet to experience the original game.

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I heard that next ipod will have 3d screen, if true i'll wait for that, th ipod is more powerful device,it's obviously superior in everything.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    I was refreshing GameGears 3DS page for a while waiting for the pre-orders to open again at £194. I saw the "Pre-Order" button pop up, clicked it... but by the time I registered they had all gone Knew I should have registered earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltimas View Post

Earthbound
    Elt you bloody hero!

I will do some more work on the OP tonight! Games are the next thing on my list!

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    As much as I really want one, it really has to drop under £200 first !!
    http://www.shopto.net/DS/VIDEO%20GAM...20Console.html

Superior Member
    This has got me pretty interested in the 3ds!! I want one!!!

PSN ID MurphANDderl
    xboxlive: derlwaller

Earthbound
    Updated OP with the first handful of games! More to come soon.

I'm glad people are finding this informative.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D?????

WHAT!! Best game ever. I would buy it just for that game, but not sure as of now. Will wait for a price drop.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Yea they announced that a bit ago, my jaw dropped! It'd be great if they also included voicework for it...

SnowHawk
    I'm so getting it on day one.

Super Elite
    Items Microsoft LogoApple
    Thanks DC89 - useful information here again - like the other thread you made.

It is good to see Nintendo supporting the MP3 format for music files now....

I am curious though - what internet browser are Nintendo using? Any guesses? Opera?

3D Picture taking ability and video recording (the latter which Iwata alluded to) could end up being big USP's for the 3DS. As well as 3D augmented reality.

I am also interested in these motion sensors. They could add a lot to the gaming element.

It seems there are a lot of novel features in the 3DS and fun little things to do which the casual market will enjoy. I am just thinking of that one game that will tie a lot of these elements and features of the 3DS together....in particular StreetPass and SpotPass.

I am curious as to how the eShop will develop as well - DSiWare and WiiWare were not exemplary services. I think Nintendo know they need to improve with regards to this aspect.
    Last edited by Wasib; 01-23-2011 at 00:56.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasib View Post
    Thanks DC89 - useful information here again - like the other thread you made. It is good to see Nintendo supporting the MP3 format for music files now....

I am curious though - what internet browser are Nintendo using? Any guesses? Opera?
    They haven't said yet. It probably will be though.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    You know, right now - due to price, and my lack of interest in portable gaming - the 3DS is a no.

But if they ever announced earthbound 3D, Earthbound remake, or even earthbound released on the 3DS store.. i'd buy one just for it.

I dont know why Nintendo wont re-release that amazing gem.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Will old SNES titles be available like Secret of Mana etc? That would make this more attractive but then I'd also be able to play those on PSP2 eventually no doubt.

Thread Information