View Poll Results: Are You Buying A 3DS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I'm buying Mine At Lauch.

16 23.88%
  • It Looks Great But I'm Waiting To See More Games.

29 43.28%
  • No I don't Want One.

22 32.84%
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Will old SNES titles be available like Secret of Mana etc? That would make this more attractive but then I'd also be able to play those on PSP2 eventually no doubt.
    I don't think it will be there at launch, but Classics in 3D will have a few SNES titles and I am sure more will be added over time.

Here are the NES/SNES games that were showed off on the 3DS(in 3D) at E3 last year.

Castlevania
    Kid Icarus
    Mario Bros
    Mega Man 2
    Punch Out
    Smash Ping Pong
    Super Mario Bros.
    The Legend of Zelda
    Yoshi's Island
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 01-25-2011 at 22:10.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I don't think it will be there at launch, but Classics in 3D will have a few SNES titles and I am sure more will be added over time.

Here are the NES/SNES games that were showed off on the 3DS(in 3D) at E3 last year.

Castlevania
    Kid Icarus
    Mario Bros
    Mega Man 2
    Punch Out
    Smash Ping Pong
    Super Mario Bros.
    The Legend of Zelda
    Yoshi's Island
    That is interesting. It's always puzzled me why with such a great collection of classic titles they seem to take so long with them. People have been screaming for say Earthbound outside the US for god knows how long. If they made them available then perhaps people would actually buy them instead of using 'other' methods.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would like a Wind Waker port!

Probably my favourite Zelda of them all! But they are all so good.

Edit:

Amazon.co.uk have lowered the price for the 3DS to 202. Nearly 27 off, I think that will tempt more people.
    Last edited by dc89; 01-26-2011 at 19:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Can't wait for the 3DS! The game line-up looks stellar already! (Professor Layton, Paper Mario, Starfox 64, Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus) Though I haven't bought a Wii either yet.. so I might just get that instead.

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Would someone care to explain to me what is region-lock, that everyone is worked up upon? Does it mean the line-up will be only be released in Japan ? Also what do importing and porting games mean?

I don't know how my game store gets their stuff, but when a game is released they always bring NA, EU and JP (if available) versions, but most of their stuff is NA. How is that going to be a problem for me, this region-lock thing? I'm very naive in these kind of stuff, so don't mind me.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltimas View Post
    Would someone care to explain to me what is region-lock, that everyone is worked up upon? Does it mean the line-up will be only be released in Japan ? Also what do importing and porting games mean?

I don't know how my game store gets their stuff, but when a game is released they always bring NA, EU and JP (if available) versions, but most of their stuff is NA. How is that going to be a problem for me, this region-lock thing? I'm very naive in these kind of stuff, so don't mind me.
    Actually there are a lot of games that are never released outside of Japan. When they are released outside of Japan, they are not always released in both EU and NA.

To name a 3DS game that probably won't make it outside of Japan, there is Tales of Abyss. Inazuma Eleven 3DS is a 3DS game that if released outside of Japan will probably only be released in EU(like the first one).

Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Actually there are a lot of games that are never released outside of Japan. When they are released outside of Japan, they are not always released in both EU and NA.

To name a 3DS game that probably won't make it outside of Japan, there is Tales of Abyss. Inazuma Eleven 3DS is a 3DS game that if released outside of Japan will probably only be released in EU(like the first one).
    I see, so the line-up of the 3DS will not be released outside Japan ? And if a game was released outside of Japan it is called importing ?
    Who I Am
    _________

I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I see, so the line-up of the 3DS will not be released outside Japan ? And if a game was released outside of Japan it is called importing ?
    The majority of 3DS will probably be released outside of Japan. Some likely won't be released outside of Japan (Tales of Abyss), some may take a very long time before they are released outside of Japan (Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney) and some may not be released in both NA and EU (Inazuma Eleven 3DS).

No, importing is buying a game and having it shipped from another region, usually because it hasn't been released for your region (although there can be other reasons).

I haven't really done any importing myself. I bought Tales of Eternia PSP, which didn't get a US release, but Amazon.com had it.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 01-30-2011 at 23:43.

Elite Member

While kind of lame I can see why Nintendo is doing the following. Apparently, during Iwata's briefing regarding Nintendo's recent fiscal earnings report he said many of NIntendo's games are completed or near completion but are being spread out for the sake of third parties. On the one hand, it makes sense because as a friend on another board pointed out, how many more people are willing to buy SSFIV 3D or something else now than they would have if something like one of the remakes or even Super Paper Mario were at launch?

Still, it would be nice to see some of the more ambitious projects out at launch.

Earthbound

Do want. NOW!

Dat Updgrade.
    Last edited by dc89; 01-31-2011 at 10:17.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

The majority of 3DS will probably be released outside of Japan. Some likely won't be released outside of Japan (Tales of Abyss), some may take a very long time before they are released outside of Japan (Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney) and some may not be released in both NA and EU (Inazuma Eleven 3DS).

No, importing is buying a game and having it shipped from another region, usually because it hasn't been released for your region (although there can be other reasons).

I haven't really done any importing myself. I bought Tales of Eternia PSP, which didn't get a US release, but Amazon.com had it.
    Since the majority of the 3DS games is going to be released outside Japan, why everyone is not liking the region-lock thing?
    Who I Am
    _________

Super Elite
    Items Microsoft LogoApple
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post

Do want. NOW!

Dat Updgrade.
    Nice!

Elite Member

Apparently, according to Iwata's Q&A regarding Nintendo's quarterly results there are many more 3DS games on the way this year that Nintendo has yet to announce. I'm actually hoping that Mario Kart 3DS and Paper Mario will be out by year's end, those two games alone would own my holiday. (and probably millions of others considering the weight Mario Kart brings with it)

Earthbound
    Please bring a Final Fantasy to 3DS.

Final Fantasy VI will do me nicely.

Superior Member
    Since the majority of the 3DS games is going to be released outside Japan, why everyone is not liking the region-lock thing?
    Hi mate

With the old Nintendo system / all the Nintendo DS's, they where region free. That ment you could buy the system in say England and i could still buy if i wanted to, games from America or Japan and they will play in my UK DS.

People are saying this time though, becouse of piracy and that sometimes it is cheeper to import a game from America then it is for me to buy it in England, Nintendo have decided to Region Lock the Nintendo 3DS. This means that for me, i have to buy a an Official UK 3DS, and it will only play the games i get in the UK. If i bought any American or Japanese games then they will not work in the UK 3DS.

This is info i have been finding from people chatting about it in Nintendo forums.

For you, you said that most of the games you get are NA, so with this being America, and if the information above is true, then your best bet would be to get the American NA version of the Nintendo 3DS and only buy NA versions of the games

Hope this helps, still trying to find official statments to conform

Link to why the Nintendo 3DS is region locked

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/N...ws.asp?c=26742

Roman
    Last edited by Susperium; 02-12-2011 at 12:29. Reason: Upadte with link

Earthbound
    I noticed Sainsburys are selling the 3DS for 199. 10 deposit required. They also have a price promise where you will pay the lowest price regardless of when you pre-ordered. 5 worth of Nectar points too if you have a card. Seems a good deal.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Please bring a Final Fantasy to 3DS.

Final Fantasy VI will do me nicely.
    If they do bring FF to the 3DS it will either be older titles or entries in the Crystal Chronicles series. But yeah, definitely FFVI I'd love to see as well.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrum View Post
    If they do bring FF to the 3DS it will either be older titles or entries in the Crystal Chronicles series. But yeah, definitely FFVI I'd love to see as well.
    Im with you both too as im now after the FF's from I to VI so any Final Fantasy's will be very welcome

I Pre Ordered my Nintendo 3DS and OkamiDen DS game in Amazon.uk as there doing it for 197.00 so i wont have to fight people in the que's at the shop hehe

Elite Member

Apparently n-Space (largely relegated to handheld development this gen) has some unannounced titles to be revealed this year. One of which is for the DS, one for Kinect and three for the 3DS.

Knowing n-Space and what they've developed for the DS at least, it's reasonable to expect one of the 3DS games being a Call of Duty title.

Forum Sage
    Edit: Pricing error.
    Last edited by Noxia; 02-15-2011 at 13:10.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    If you use the code 20OffGames-1 at Tesco, you can get a 3DS for 157.60

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st...ck/8%3a733731/

EDIT: No you can't, doesn't seem to work.

Forum Sage
    That's why I removed my post. You didn't need a code it was just a pricing error.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    Hmmm, on the Tesco homepage it says the voucher code. Oh well, doesn't matter anyway

Elite Member

New screens for Naruto 3DS game with long as hell name:

Naruto Shippuuden Nin Rittai Emaki! Saikyou Ninkai Kessen!!

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201102/i...f4Dkc6h5e.html

Forum Sage
    WTF is that. Mind you, WTF is Naruto. Now I'm gonna have to Google this stuff.

Thread Information