View Poll Results: Are You Buying A 3DS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I'm buying Mine At Lauch.

16 23.88%
  • It Looks Great But I'm Waiting To See More Games.

29 43.28%
  • No I don't Want One.

22 32.84%
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 364656 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1679
    Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Saving the thread from almost a 1-week death.

So I've started Zelda 3D. Needn't say how fantastic everything is in the game. There's just the controllers are kind of awkward. Especially when the fairy wants to say something about the locked-on target, it is okay if I'm not currently engaged in a fight, but if I am, it gets messy. I have to release my right hand which is grabbing the right side of the 3DS AND the stylus at the same time, and then with only the right hand try to reposition and hold the stylus the proper way to touch the fairy button to 'LISTEN!' to it, while at the same time my struggling left hand tries to balance the 3DS now that it lost my right hand. And thank god for the game-pause that occurs when you listen to the fairy, it gives me the time to station my right hand again calmly, and not frantically.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltimas View Post
    Saving the thread from almost a 1-week death.

So I've started Zelda 3D. Needn't say how fantastic everything is in the game. There's just the controllers are kind of awkward. Especially when the fairy wants to say something about the locked-on target, it is okay if I'm not currently engaged in a fight, but if I am, it gets messy. I have to release my right hand which is grabbing the right side of the 3DS AND the stylus at the same time, and then with only the right hand try to reposition and hold the stylus the proper way to touch the fairy button to 'LISTEN!' to it, while at the same time my struggling left hand tries to balance the 3DS now that it lost my right hand. And thank god for the game-pause that occurs when you listen to the fairy, it gives me the time to station my right hand again calmly, and not frantically.
    Why don't you just tap the screen with your thumb?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

3. Likes MjW likes this post
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Why don't you just tap the screen with your thumb?
    Haha, I did indeed think about that. Is there a safe way to clean the touch screen from fingerprints? To this day I never touched the lower-screen of my DS with my fingers.
    Who I Am
    _________

I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Haha, I did indeed think about that. Is there a safe way to clean the touch screen from fingerprints? To this day I never touched the lower-screen of my DS with my fingers.
    3DS touch screen is very, very, very resistant, much like the DS one. My sister still keeps her 2004-2005 DS and the lower screen is scratch free even after a lot, a lot and a LOT of stylus use. These touch screens are made to last, unlike some others (so long as you dont use a needle for a stylus or you have the hands of a komodo dragon ). Besides, you can tell this 3D Zelda was designed for you to touch the lower screen with your fingers since the buttons are finger sized.

You should clean your 3DS screens with a soft, microfiber lens cleaning cloth like you would use for any regular pair of glasses.
    Last edited by Thorzilla; 01-30-2012 at 22:33.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

3DS touch screen is very, very, very resistant, much like the DS one. My sister still keeps her 2004-2005 DS and the lower screen is scratch free albeit a lot, a lot and a LOT of stylus use. These touch screens are made to last, unlike some others (so long as you dont use a needle for a stylus or you have the hands of a komodo dragon ). Besides, you can tell this 3D Zelda was designed for you to touch the lower screen with your fingers since the buttons are finger sized.

You should clean your 3DS screens with a soft, microfiber lens cleaning cloth like you would use for any regular pair of glasses.
    That is very reassuring. Yes, it would be heaven on earth if I could use my left thumb to touch the fairy button every time she wants to tell me something.
    I happen to have these cleaning wipes, on the cover it says 'removes dust and dirt from the surface and helps prevent dust built-up, alcohol - free formula. There are also pics of the wipes being used on CDs, PC/Laptop screens. I assume they're safe ?
    Who I Am
    _________

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    That is very reassuring. Yes, it would be heaven on earth if I could use my left thumb to touch the fairy button every time she wants to tell me something.
    I happen to have these cleaning wipes, on the cover it says 'removes dust and dirt from the surface and helps prevent dust built-up, alcohol - free formula. There are also pics of the wipes being used on CDs, PC/Laptop screens. I assume they're safe ?
    Yes sir, they are!
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Sage
    3DS touch screen is very, very, very resistant, much like the DS one. My sister still keeps her 2004-2005 DS and the lower screen is scratch free even after a lot, a lot and a LOT of stylus use. These touch screens are made to last, unlike some others (so long as you dont use a needle for a stylus or you have the hands of a komodo dragon ). Besides, you can tell this 3D Zelda was designed for you to touch the lower screen with your fingers since the buttons are finger sized.

So in other words, feel free to wipe the screen with your shirt.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The only problem I have with my 3DS is because its glossy, there is dust everywheree. Particularly in the grooves around the bottom screen

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    So in other words, feel free to wipe the screen with your shirt.
    Trolololol.

I can't express how much I'm enjoying Zelda. It's just so delightful with all these beautiful colours and music. Nothing compares to a Zelda adventure.
    Who I Am
    _________

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    i wanna wait til they have the two analog's built in to get one no rush for me

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    All the games I've played are fine with just one so a redesign wouldn't bother me at all. Might start Tales Of The Abyss tonight.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Trolololol.

I can't express how much I'm enjoying Zelda. It's just so delightful with all these beautiful colours and music. Nothing compares to a Zelda adventure.
    Only thing which could top it is me and you in a Zelda adventure!

Hmm, who can I play?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Guru

I just bought the flame red & pink 3DS for my niece & nephew been messing around with them setting them up for them since they are 7 & 10 , I notice that there is only 2 demos for the 3DS & you can only play them 30 times. I hope they change this & I hope more demos come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Only thing which could top it is me and you in a Zelda adventure!

Hmm, who can I play?
    How could I forget such a thing? That definitely tops it. You'll play Link and I'll play Sheik to back you up through our adventure.
    Who I Am
    _________

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    ^.^

Oh and QNQ. More demo's will come soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    All the games I've played are fine with just one so a redesign wouldn't bother me at all. Might start Tales Of The Abyss tonight.

Who I Am
    _________

Forum Sage
    European gamers! Crush 3DS is 13 at TheHut. Not sure how permantent this price-drop is, so get it while it's hot!

http://www.thehut.com/10387320.html

Also, I'm not sure if they'll honor the price but it's always worth a try. The original PSP game was a fun little puzzle-platformer (emphasis on puzzles), I don't think they could've done anything to ruin it (since it should be pretty much the original game with a different, more colourful coat of pain + some extra levels).

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

19. Likes MjW likes this post
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Cheers Azu, might just order that.

I haven't really played my 3DS since I finished Mario Land... There just isn't anything that I want to play on it :/

Forum Sage
    Not interested in Tales of the Abyss (it's in stock again, at least in Play.com) or Resident Evil: Revelations? Revelations has been getting some really positive buzz from early adopters. Apparently has some of the most old school Resident Evil since REmake (mixed with some more action heavy parts) and the online coop, Raid Mode, seems to have gotten some really great feedback.

Other than those two, have you checked eShop's digital download games like Pushmo (puzzles are a bit like in Catherine, but the game overall is cutesy instead of disturbing :P ), Sakura Samurai (think of timing-based combat like Punch-Out, but with samurais & with Okami-ish graphics, IGN just awarded it a 9.0 review), Mutant Mudds (fun & challenging retro platformer) or even Metroid II: Return of Samus (the GB Classic). Maybe those can tide you over until something bigger comes along?

Then there's the upcoming Rhythm Thief. Seems like a fun mix of Level-5's Professor Layton (puzzles) and Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven/SEGA's Space Channel 5. Maybe try its demo once it hits the eShop sometime soon in the future.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Recently Finished:

Forum Sage
    Super Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations are 25 @ Zavvi.com as part of the Mega Monday deals.

Recently Finished:

23. Likes MjW likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Super Mario 3D Land and Resident Evil Revelations are 25 @ Zavvi.com as part of the Mega Monday deals.
    That's some great deals there!
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I see you on my friends now MjW, finally.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS

F34R, the Pizza swapnote was awesome.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Not interested in Tales of the Abyss (it's in stock again, at least in Play.com) or Resident Evil: Revelations? Revelations has been getting some really positive buzz from early adopters. Apparently has some of the most old school Resident Evil since REmake (mixed with some more action heavy parts) and the online coop, Raid Mode, seems to have gotten some really great feedback.

Other than those two, have you checked eShop's digital download games like Pushmo (puzzles are a bit like in Catherine, but the game overall is cutesy instead of disturbing :P ), Sakura Samurai (think of timing-based combat like Punch-Out, but with samurais & with Okami-ish graphics, IGN just awarded it a 9.0 review), Mutant Mudds (fun & challenging retro platformer) or even Metroid II: Return of Samus (the GB Classic). Maybe those can tide you over until something bigger comes along?

Then there's the upcoming Rhythm Thief. Seems like a fun mix of Level-5's Professor Layton (puzzles) and Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven/SEGA's Space Channel 5. Maybe try its demo once it hits the eShop sometime soon in the future.
    I actually have Tales and am quite enjoying it
    RE:R I will pick up at some stage its just that its a bit expensive at the moment with the PSV around the corner. Rhythm thief looks pretty awesome and I'll probably get that day 1 or 2. Games like that which do something a bit different are ones which I look out for.

Cheers for the recommendations and effort, I'm sure I'll be picking up heaps more 3DS games in the future

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    I see you on my friends now MjW, finally.
    Saw you too mate.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Thread Information