Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by andybrow2310 View Post
    I cant believe that in DMC4 Dante is going to be the 'bad guy' and you have to fight him with someone that looks like Dante. Although i cant say that i am surprised as Dante is half demon-sooner or later it would have taken him over completely.
    Well, the game is set between DMC 1 and DMC 2 so dont worry, he is still a good character. Its just the character that you play in DMC 4, Nero, thinks he is a bad guy.

What I think is Nero doesnt have any idea of what he is doing. And apparently Dante knows what the hell is going on and is trying to stop Nero from doing something stupid, but Nero is quite stubburn and believes that what he is doing is the RIGHT thing to do. This is what it seems like

Superior Member
    I've never played a DMC game in my life, but I've been intrigued by it and I finally ordered the DMC 5th Anniversary Bundle from Newegg. (For those who don't know and might be interested, it has DMC 1/2/3 Special Edition, all for about 30 USD.)

From the sound of things on this thread, I've made a good investment. Can't wait for DMC4, either.
    TRUE STORY||Talisman once bet NASA they could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Talisman re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes Talisman a beer.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I've never played a DMC game in my life, but I've been intrigued by it and I finally ordered the DMC 5th Anniversary Bundle from Newegg. (For those who don't know and might be interested, it has DMC 1/2/3 Special Edition, all for about 30 USD.)

From the sound of things on this thread, I've made a good investment. Can't wait for DMC4, either.
    VERY good investment actually. You will adore 1 and 3, but will find 2 a little lacking. Great games none the less. ENJOY!

andybrow2310
    Quote Originally Posted by darkswordsman View Post
    Well, the game is set between DMC 1 and DMC 2 so dont worry, he is still a good character. Its just the character that you play in DMC 4, Nero, thinks he is a bad guy.

What I think is Nero doesnt have any idea of what he is doing. And apparently Dante knows what the hell is going on and is trying to stop Nero from doing something stupid, but Nero is quite stubburn and believes that what he is doing is the RIGHT thing to do. This is what it seems like
    Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me. In essence then Nero is the Chaotic good force, Dante is merely the gaurdian of DMC4?

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    Recently, I watched a video on Youtube showing Dante fighting against a boss. Dante could sometimes block his moves. Any advice on how to do this, or if it's possible (the amount of orbs that he had collected look as if he'd used an Action Replay code).
    Isn't "blocking" available if you use the Royal Guard style?
    Anyway, I've got mixed emotions about the DMC series but DMC3: SE in particular (as that's the one I've just finished, currently replaying as Vergil).
    On the one hand it's an enjoyable game. The combat and close/far range variation is well done and pretty fun although IMO it does get a bit repetitive towards the end if you ask me (granted most games do but, for example, I prefer GoW for the sheer brutality of Krato's moves, I just never tire of tearing an enemy in half). So as a game it's enjoyable enough.
    BUT, as a character/concept is just irritates me a bit. I'm 27 and have been a goth for the past 17 years. Now as such and due to the limitations of variety there aren't a lot of places to shop/club. As such there is generally "concentration" of goths in the respective areas. now when i go there I'm swamped by so called "mall goths", kids influenced by MTV who think "Cradle is teh heaviest mostest evil moosik eva!!!", think bands like HIM, Bullet for My Valentine and Marilyn Manson are "goth". Think they're sooo harcore cause they drape themselves in skulls/pentagrams/demons, wear badly applied (black) make-up and draw tattooes on themselves with permanent marker.
    Now while playing DMC3 all I could think of is how it seems to have been designed to appeal to the pubescent wannabe-goth criteria. Lets see, a guy running around in leather with a leather trenchcoat on (black and red of course), he's half demon (oh teh evil), kills things with a huge sword (so cool) and has a c0cky, know-it all attitude. Even were there no DMC games and "Dante" were not a game character he would still be the kind of stereotype these mallgoths aspire to. Now I could overlook that as fitting into the game's genre BUT then there's the actual production of the game. The thing that jumps out at me at the moment is the post-Nevan cut-scene. It (and the weapon) was just stupid and seemed aimed specifically at that target audience. An "electric guitar" that shoots bats? Jumping around on a stage with sparks/flames going on? Come on, that's so cliche "mall-goth dream". It just didn't strike me as necessary or enjoyable for anyone out of or older than high-shool level.

So one one hand I like it because it's a good, enjoyable game. But on the other it frustrates me cause they seem to target it at the teenage "mallgoth" crowd who just irritate the crap out of me in general.

andybrow2310
    I still haven't completed it yet though - it sounds stupid but i got stuck on Vergil the first time you fight him... I tried loads, and one time i nearly had it but he killed me. Then i saw his 'pattern' and was kicking his ass til he changed it - i was so close. So now i am laying dormont until i feel the 'urge'!

Dedicated Member
    i hope devil may cry 4 will be a lot like this game, they can still change it because the way it is looking now is alot different from this game.. this game rox my socks

Thread Information