Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: 7gb

Veteran

7gb

Ok, I was reading a 360 user experience review and the review mentioned the actual HDD space being only 7GB instead of the 13GB that I orginally thought. Is this true that the 360 only has 7GB of HDD space? I am planning to buy a 360 when Lost Planet comes or late next year, and I am also planning to store alot of game demos and music on it. Are there any bigger 360 HDDs out there or any bigger ones coming? If not, what is the best way to save space.
    Resistance 2, KillZone 2, WarDevil, MGS4, God Of War 3, Final Fantasu XIII, White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5, and a alot more, how can 2008 not be the PS3's year.

Super Bias Moderator
    It's not 7 GB... I have a couple demos, and a bunch of games on mine and I have 8 GB left.

Wii # 2775 0778 3886 7989

Veteran
    it's actually 13...yeah it's 13

The Bloodline Clan: Apply now for LBP, SOCOM, Killzone, COD4 and/or Resistance gaming.
    We Welcome Casual and Hardcore gamers alike.

Ahead of the Game
    There is rumoured to be a bigger one coming this fall. If you aren't getting one until next year then I think we may find out whether there actually wll be a larger HDD by the time you get round to buying it.

I'm also getting one when Lost Planet comes out. My student loan is going to feel the pain seen as I'm planning on getting a PS3 once the launch frenzy ends . I'm just hoping they will have made XBL totally free by then.

Elite Guru
    dont worry about it. i god 4 demos ffxi( 5gb or more) ++ alot of videos. still got about 2 gb. trust me the lost planet demo is 350mb i think. demos are about 500-1gb most are 600mb so thats still alot of room

Consoles i own : ps2 xbox360 Ps3 Wii psp
    Wanna see what i look like www.facebook.com/laoman

Super Elite
    I dont use 360 HDD for anything but saves....but i use all available space in my HDD on my comp and then some...so bigger the better...

I got a 250Gb HDD 3 years ago thinking ill never use it....5 months alter it was full...you can never have too much space on ur HDD drive...if live was free i would have more encetive to get online and try stuff...( i dont do demos i mean the games etc)
    LOSING-if at first you donít succeed failure may just be your style

Created by Legend Killer

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by G_H_G View Post
    There is rumoured to be a bigger one coming this fall. If you aren't getting one until next year then I think we may find out whether there actually wll be a larger HDD by the time you get round to buying it.

I'm also getting one when Lost Planet comes out. My student loan is going to feel the pain seen as I'm planning on getting a PS3 once the launch frenzy ends . I'm just hoping they will have made XBL totally free by then.
    Are you ready to pay an arm and a leg for it?D Now i see why Ms is going to be profitable soon from the x360.Dont give in,stay with your current one
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Forum Guru
    Mine has always shown 12... but I do have a few gametypes and such saved that could make up for that extra 1GB... As for the 7... maybe someone just got their numbers backwards, cause the 360 has 20GB, 13GB for gamesaves and such, and 7GB for system processes... it could purely be something as simple as mixed up numbers.

I'm pretty sure the HDD isn't coming out this fall, unfortunately. I would have known about it by now, considering my job...

As for Xbox Live... they pretty much have to make it free considering Sony's plans, but they may try to milk it out for a little while until the moderate fans realize thats sony's service is free. I wish it was free by the PS3 launch... but I just can't believe that it will be.

Apprentice

They should just let you hook up a normal external HDD To it, so you could have like a 500GB Harddrive on the 360!

Ahead of the Game
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    Are you ready to pay an arm and a leg for it?D Now i see why Ms is going to be profitable soon from the x360.Dont give in,stay with your current one
    I've said it time and time again, nobody is making me pay for any online system. I've been playing games online for free on my PC far too long for me to pay for... a gamertag. So, no, I will not pay an arm and a leg for it. If someone wants me to play online with them, I'll be asking for them to transfer the appropriate fees over to my paypal account .

Super Bias Moderator
    One way or another, you will reimburse Sony for their server fees. If you think otherwise, your a fool.

Master Guru
    G_H_G

For the bigger HDD man,i didn't even thought about online
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Ahead of the Game
    Quote Originally Posted by arfi-gorgona-O View Post
    G_H_G

For the bigger HDD man,i didn't even thought about online
    Bigger what ? I'm even getting the 20gb PS3 FFS. I'm cheap like that .

One way or another, you will reimburse Sony for their server fees. If you think otherwise, your a fool.
    Sony wont have control of the individual game servers, the devs will, so go figure. Basically, I will be paying for online, but it will be within the game price as it always has been. If you're happy paying for it like it is with Live right now, more power to you.

Dedicated Member
    No, it is really 20GB...more like reporting around 19GB due to how size is calculated. In any case, if you delete all the crap videos that comes on it you'll be fine. If you plan to store music then I suggest you get an external drive/ipod hookup instead.

I'm sure MS is gonna release a bigger HD soon.

Ahead of the Game
    Quote Originally Posted by consoleboi View Post
    No, it is really 20GB...more like reporting around 19GB due to how size is calculated. In any case, if you delete all the crap videos that comes on it you'll be fine. If you plan to store music then I suggest you get an external drive/ipod hookup instead.

I'm sure MS is gonna release a bigger HD soon.
    External drives don't work AFAIK. However, to save space with MP3s you can just play them off your MP3 player through USB rather than transfer all your tunes to the HDD.

Super Bias Moderator
    Sony wont have control of the individual game servers, the devs will, so go figure. Basically, I will be paying for online, but it will be within the game price as it always has been. If you're happy paying for it like it is with Live right now, more power to you.

Did you see what the Marketplace for Warhawk that Sony was hyping for it's launch??? All the guns, ships, and levels you could buy? I forsee a lot of people whining in the future about people who spend the most $$$ are owning everyone online.

Dedicated Member
    External drives don't work AFAIK. However, to save space with MP3s you can just play them off your MP3 player through USB rather than transfer all your tunes to the HDD.
    Xbox360 will read external usb drive though i'm not sure if it supports all brands.

But yes you won't be able to put game saves or demos on it. But if you have mp3s and photos stored on it, it will read off it. Crazy Phat was concerned about not having enough room for his game demos and music so this can be a good alternative solution unless he already owns an ipod.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatRuOn View Post
    How much money did people that played SOCCOM online on ps2?

Created by Legend Killer

Ahead of the Game
    Did you see what the Marketplace for Warhawk that Sony was hyping for it's launch??? All the guns, ships, and levels you could buy? I forsee a lot of people whining in the future about people who spend the most $$$ are owning everyone online.
    And how is it different on the 360? Its the same microtransaction bull**** that I wont be buying into. The only things that prepared to pay for online is those arcade game thingys.

Super Bias Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricokillercon View Post
    How much money did people that played SOCCOM online on ps2?
    Difference being, PS2 online costed Sony NOTHING. Now Sony has to run servers for your friends list, demos, and content. Which means Sony is going to have to spend money...and you know where they will recoup those loses?

And how is it different on the 360? Its the same microtransaction bull**** that I wont be buying into. The only things that prepared to pay for online is those arcade game thingys.
    Microsoft for their games that has yet to release any DLC that affects multiplayer gameplay. The only thing remotely close is what Ubi released for GRAW. This warhawk content is different. Your buying individual ships and guns. Imagine if the most powerful gun costed $10 and a lot of people bought it, except you. You going to compete with that?

Super Elite
    Umm....how did it cost them nothign then but now it does?

And why is pc onling gamming free?

Created by Legend Killer

Ahead of the Game
    Difference being, PS2 online costed Sony NOTHING. Now Sony has to run servers for your friends list, demos, and content. Which means Sony is going to have to spend money...and you know where they will recoup those loses?

Microsoft for their games that has yet to release any DLC that affects multiplayer gameplay. The only thing remotely close is what Ubi released for GRAW. This warhawk content is different. Your buying individual ships and guns. Imagine if the most powerful gun costed $10 and a lot of people bought it, except you. You going to compete with that?
    No. However, if the matchmaking system is good then I can still play online wthout any problems.

BTW, you use Xfiire don't you? Isn't it free?

Super Bias Moderator
    BTW, you use Xfiire don't you? Isn't it free?
    Yes, I use Xfire. Do you understand the difference between developing console and PC software? Do you understand the concept of install bases and ad support?

Xfire is free because....
    http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_partners

Aleman
    Xfire is funded by advertisements.

Super Elite
    Hasnt sony talked abotu ingame avertisement?

And whose to say when ur using theier browser online there wont be ads there?

There are many ways sony can make there online game playing free..

also ps3 can be use as player servers too...remeber that

Created by Legend Killer

Thread Information