Super Elite

A way to clean up the Official threads?!

I saw this feature on other forums, but I thought it would be a bit too much of a bother for the admins to do. However after seeing the new 'spoiler' feature I think this can be done with some minor tweaking.

We all know that if you wanted to find something new in one of the official game thread you would have to scroll through quotes, images, links, videos, etc. In fact some threads get so bad that the original creators just stop updating them because the 1st post becomes way too packed. So then you have to flip through 20+ pages just to find a certain something that you are looking for.

So how about we use a spoiler-like feature, to help conserve space?

So instead of seeing something like this:
    R
    E
    A
    L
    L
    Y

R
    E
    A
    L
    L
    Y

L
    O
    N
    G

I
    N
    T
    E
    R
    V
    I
    E
    W
    We can just have it nice and neat:

EXAMPLE

Just to give you guys a better example I'll use one of my bigger posts, the original can be found here:
    http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread....293#post509293

And here is what a cleaned up version would look like:

I've been doing quite a bit of reading and researching about this game and its many features, so I though I ought to share some of my findings with the people on this forum. BTW if you guys like this one I might work on a weapons guide as well.

PS3 rocks, could you add this post to the first post in the thread, I think a lot of people might find it interesting

Resistance Fall of Men: Enemy Guide

The enemies that Nathan Hale(the main character) will be facing in Resistance The Fall of Men are known as Chimera, their origin is unknown, except that, at least, some of them, were human once, but have since then been transformed by a mysterious virus into the monsters they are now. We also do not know exactly why was it that the Chimera attacked human beings, or was it us that started it all? One thing is known for sure: they came out of nowhere and before humans had time to react most of Europe and Asia fell under their control.

The Chimera come in different sizes from the smaller cat-sized ones to massive building-sized behemoths. Most of their bodies have undergone some kind of mechanical enhancement, this proves that the Chimera are very intelligent creatures, or that at least they have other intelligent creatures aiding them

The list is not the full list of the enemies of Resistance Fall of Men, these are only the ones known of so far. I will update it as soon as I come by some new information.

MENIAL

HYBRID

ADVANCED HYBRID

LEAPER

GRAY JACK

SLIP SKULL

WIDOWMAKER

HOWLER
    Takes up way less space as you can see.

Or, if something like this guide is posted on the main post we can even have something like this:

So all I am asking admins is that we should have another feature, which is like the spoiler feature, but it doesn't say spoiler when you use it.

What are you thoughts?

Elite Member
    I think its a good idea.
    Also, i think there must be a better way to do the official threads, such as the GTA IV one. No information has been released, except the release date, so i dont see why the admins had to chop off 32 pages because it got too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    I certainly didn't chop off 32 pages.

Anyway. I like the idea. I will create the new tag now. It will be called 'Reveal Info'.

*Update* Okay done.

Use the tags [ reveal ] [ / reveal]

I've been doing quite a bit of reading and researching about this game and its many features, so I though I ought to share some of my findings with the people on this forum. BTW if you guys like this one I might work on a weapons guide as well.

PS3 rocks, could you add this post to the first post in the thread, I think a lot of people might find it interesting

The enemies that Nathan Hale(the main character) will be facing in Resistance The Fall of Men are known as Chimera, their origin is unknown, except that, at least, some of them, were human once, but have since then been transformed by a mysterious virus into the monsters they are now. We also do not know exactly why was it that the Chimera attacked human beings, or was it us that started it all? One thing is known for sure: they came out of nowhere and before humans had time to react most of Europe and Asia fell under their control.

The Chimera come in different sizes from the smaller cat-sized ones to massive building-sized behemoths. Most of their bodies have undergone some kind of mechanical enhancement, this proves that the Chimera are very intelligent creatures, or that at least they have other intelligent creatures aiding them

The list is not the full list of the enemies of Resistance Fall of Men, these are only the ones known of so far. I will update it as soon as I come by some new information.

MENIAL
    [reveal]
    Click on the picture to see the full sized version.

These guys are the worker/slave Chimera, they do not seem to be armed and are also quite easy to kill. They are slow-moving and stupid, but at the same time they are highly aggressive. It shouldn't be too hard to sneak up on one of these Menials while they are going about their business, however a pack of them can give the player quite a bit of trouble. Menials are often seen carrying items on their back and these items can very often be explosive and as we all know stupid enemy+explosives=fun![/reveal]

HYBRID
    [reveal]
    Click on the picture to see the full sized version.

Hybrids are the standard fighting force for the Chimera, these carry long-range weapons and can also melee their enemies with the butt of their gun at close range. These guys have much more combat experience than the Menials, they will use cover to their advantage and can also use teamwork to overcome Nathan and his allies. On their backs they carrie tubes that contain an unknown Gas that is, apparently, essential for Chimera to survive (perhaps they cannot breathe normal air?) - this can be found in many descriptions of the tubes flying off and giving off a voilent hiss, and the Chimera dying, so when you are facing Hybrids remember the tubes as weak-spots. Insomniac has also promised that we will be seeing some bigger Hybrids.

Interestingly enough Hybrid and Chimera can be considered to mean the same thing, a creature that consist of two or more other creatures...[/reveal]

ADVANCED HYBRID
    [reveal]
    Click on the picture to see the full-sized version.

In one of the interviews the creature was described as one you will hate to fight. Although these appear to be very close to normal Hybrids, they are actually much more technologically and mentally advanced. Expect these guys to set traps and use variety of combat strategy to stop Nathan. V2s are wearing, what appears to be, much better armor than normal Hybrids, also the tube on their back is much less vounerable, so do not underestimate them.[/reveal]

LEAPER
    [reveal]

These little critters are much smaller than the rest of the known enemies, however what they lack in size and strength they make up for in speed and numbers. Their sharp and pointy legs not only allow them to scale walls of buildings, but also let them climb onto your allies and impale them onto their scorpion-like tail. Leapers do not have any known long range attacks, however the can lounge at their prey (ie. you) attacking it with their sharp-ended ligaments. Possible Variations lie within this group, but these are yet unannounced.[/reveal]

GRAY JACK
    [reveal]

Although humanoid, Grey Jacks are incredibly tall and posses frightening strength (Gamespot Described them as being able to*tear a man in half with relative ease). Another distinguishing feature of these creatures is the lack of the mechanical gas tubes on their back, the gas tubes that are sticking out of Grey Jacks' backs appear to be organic, or at least with a layer of skin grown over them. Not much is known about these creatures, the only place where they have been seen was in the underground laboratory level, where they attacked the main character and his allies after emerging from giant tubes. It is rumored that these monsters may have been created by human beings.[/reveal]

SLIP SKULL
    [reveal]

There is not much information on these enemies, it is known that they are very agile and able leap from walls to walls at great speeds. As for their weaponry, they appear to have some sort of long-range weapons strapped to their arms. It is also said that these guys may be able to leap on top of the player from walls and ceilings. Apparently Slip Skulls like to hang out in dark areas.[/reveal]

WIDOWMAKER
    [reveal]

There is virtually no information on these giant monsters. These guys can easily take out whoever or whatever is in their way with their powerful feet. Perhaps the only thing that can take on a Widowmaker is the human spider-like tank called Stalker.[/reveal]

HOWLER
    [reveal]No pictures of these guys have yet been released. But it is known, from one of the interviews, that they are dog-like in appearance and that they are able to leap on top of the player, at which point you will have to shake them off using PS3 motion sensing controller.[/reveal]

Super Elite
    Wow that was quick, thanks Morph.

[reveal]Now i can do this![/reveal]

Master Poster
    Pretty cool! Nice idea ETC.

[reveal]People just love to click buttons[/reveal]

Lets see.

Forum Sage

kool feature

[reveal]Thanks again Morpheus![/reveal]

Now try a reveal within a reveal:

[reveal] reveal [reveal] within a [reveal] reveal[/reveal] [/reveal] [/reveal]

EDIT: Kool, it works!

Elite Guru
    Nice... this is awesome!

[reveal]Check it out, I have added this to the Ask A Question thread!![reveal]Thanks Morpheus[reveal]and[reveal]peeps[reveal]stop[reveal]funneling[reveal]so[reveal]many[reveal]reveal[reveal]tags[reveal]!!![/reveal][reveal]nice...[/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal]
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Elite Member
    OMG Panda Bear Shenyu, that went on for ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member

I wish I could do that.

[reveal]No seriously, I wish!!!!!
    [reveal]No, I don't know how to do them.
    [reveal]Stop Clicking me you *******s!
    [reveal]If you don't stop soon...
    [reveal]You will
    [reveal]a) [reveal]DIE[/reveal]
    b) [reveal]DIE TWICE![/reveal]
    c) [reveal]Die in peices!!1[/reveal][/reveal]
    [reveal]Stop clicking me!!!!
    [reveal]Stop it please!
    [reveal]****, I'm gonna cry if you don't stop.
    [reveal]You guys have too much time on your hands.
    [reveal]Or is it me that has too much time?
    [reveal]Making this...
    [reveal]Keep repeating
    [reveal]Can you still read this...
    [reveal]I'm Shrinking....shrinking.... AND MELTING!!!!!!!!
    [reveal]Ok, I think that's enough.
    [reveal]Now that's enough.
    [reveal]Ok, now...
    [/reveal][/reveal]

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribble View Post
    I wish I could do that.

[reveal]You will
    [reveal]Stop it please!
    [reveal]Making this...
    [reveal]Keep repeating
    [reveal]Ok, now...
    [/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal]
    Now that was HILLARIOUS I just have to cry....all that clicking was torture

Elite Member

[reveal]Thanks
    [reveal]No, not again...[/reveal][/reveal]

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Master Guru
    [reveal][reveal][reveal]If you guys keep abusing the reveal function I'm going to bannz0r you[/reveal][/reveal][/reveal]

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribble View Post
    I wish I could do that.

[reveal]You will
    [reveal]Stop it please!
    [reveal]Making this...
    [reveal]Keep repeating
    [reveal]Ok, now...
    [/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal][/reveal]
    ....................... Pwnzored....

Quote Originally Posted by Lp Chris XII View Post
    [reveal][reveal][reveal]If you guys keep abusing the reveal function I'm going to bannz0r you[/reveal][/reveal][/reveal]
    ... Skribble this is ALL your fault!

-Shenyu
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Elite Member
    OMG, is all i have to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information