Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 485868 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1723

Thread: Your Computer?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    I know for sure Newegg used to put them together if you asked them to. Hmm I'll have to look into that. If not, like I said, I can get a friend to do it.

Just gotta' make sure I get the right stuff first
    the guys who started Alienware bailed when Dell bought them.

they started up a new company supposedly going back to their roots....the gamer

http://www.originpc.com/

select the gaming tab and in the dropdown menu choose either the "Mid" or "Small" (these are case sizes, don't pick "full" those ones are HUGE).
    after that, you choose the pieces you want in it and can see how much it is costing you as you put it together. submit the order and it will be assembled and sent to you
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post

The seasonic is modular and has better overall reviews.

That motherboard in that bundle is garbage, I couldn't recommend something like that in good conscience.

And while microcenter may offer a better cpu for slightly more, once you add tax the additional cost goes too far over budget for small performance gains over the 3330.
    The Seasonic has a better review score...across not even half as many reviews. Irrelevant. Modular...well okay some people really love modular supplies. Doesn't really bother me to tell the truth but that's just me.
    2 12v rails at 24amps each on the Seasonic versus 1 12v rail at 53amps on the Corsair...sorry call me old fashioned but I'll take the single rail everytime. Don't get me wrong, I like Seasonic. Actually I think Seasonic manufactures that Corsair unit I linked.

That ASRock motherboard is definitely not garbage, and yes I've used this particular board in a couple of builds. Neither is the Gigabyte one you linked...but same chipset, same features onboard. Only advantage I see going with the Giga board is if he's going to go with multi-gpu's. In a budget gaming rig I don't see that happening, the money saved can be better spent on the GPU.

The cpu at MC is $10 more, you'll be adding the tax on it no matter where you purchase it. I don't think the extra $.80 in tax will be a deal breaker. Little more performance yes that's true but at least he'll have an unlocked multi in the cpu. Like you said earlier "Any potential savings isn't really worth it when the processor is likely to be a bottleneck down the road". He won't need to upgrade that for quite some time, and when he does need more power it's easily unleashed with some mild overclocking all for the extra $10 initial cost up front...it's a worthy investment IMO.

Of course this is all my perspective and opinion.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Decided oc my i7. It's one of the first ones. Got it to 3.8 stable. Anything higher gets me all sorts of crazy problems.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

4. Likes keefy likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Recently after months of 3.7GHz stable I clocked my AMD 955 to 3.9 but it wasn't stable in BF3 so tried 3.8 again not stable so ha to stick with 3.7GHz.
    I might be able to get a little more if I mess with the other settings riaing voltages and things instead of just uping the multiplyer but it takes too friging long.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    some people find that increasing the FSB instead of the Multiplier can better results when OC'ing

Master Poster

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Really feel like buying a mini PC for word processing/hometheater.

Looking into Intel's new NUC vs Mac Mini

As of yet, the Mac mini destroys intel NUC in EVERYTHING when you compare the price.
    Apparently new versions of NUC are coming this april

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    As of yet, the Mac mini destroys intel NUC in EVERYTHING when you compare the price.
    The Mac Mini doesn't even have a GPU anymore... which I find ridiculous.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The Mac Mini doesn't even have a GPU anymore... which I find ridiculous.
    Yeah but intel HD 4000 is more than enough to stream videos which is the most graphic intensive thing I'm planning to do. I'm just a sucker for small form factor computers. NUC is much smaller though

Administrator
    Yeah but intel HD 4000 is more than enough to stream videos which is the most graphic intensive thing I'm planning to do. I'm just a sucker for small form factor computers.
    Yes, I have an Air with the HD 4000 and it plays my Blu-ray MKVs without even a hiccup. You should be fine.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage
    Yeah but intel HD 4000 is more than enough to stream videos which is the most graphic intensive thing I'm planning to do. I'm just a sucker for small form factor computers. NUC is much smaller though
    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...6C8A1D&redir=y

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    That is a sexy looking PC, but I'm looking for CPU performance aswell. Mac mini reaches 13k in geekbench thanks to its 2.6 Ghz i7.

It seems no other mini PC vendor provides i7
    Last edited by Itachi; 02-26-2013 at 19:29.

Forum Sage
    That is a sexy looking PC, but I'm looking for CPU performance aswell. Mac mini reaches 13k in geekbench thanks to its 2.3Ghz i7.

It seems no other mini PC vendor provides i7
    DIY/BIY?

The only sff pre built computers I can think of with more power are this:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...ialdeals.asp#1

and:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd.aspx

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    DIY/BIY?

The only sff pre built computers I can think of with more power are this:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...ialdeals.asp#1

and:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd.aspx
    I had my eye on alienware x51 for awhile. I'm in no hurry so I'll wait and see if mac mini gets a refresh and includes a dedicated gpu

Administrator
    I had my eye on alienware x51 for awhile. I'm in no hurry so I'll wait and see if mac mini gets a refresh and includes a dedicated gpu
    The Mac Mini isn't getting a GPU, better find an alternative if that's what you're going for.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    just underclocked my GPU, seems to have fixed my performance woes with Fallout 3

man i hate loving this game, such crappy performance

underutilized system and still crash lol
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    just underclocked my GPU, seems to have fixed my performance woes with Fallout 3

man i hate loving this game, such crappy performance

underutilized system and still crash lol
    It's not your PC, is the game.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    It's not your PC, is the game.
    yeah i know

it boggles my mind how my C2Q is being underutilized yet crashes as often as it does
    however, its more stable now that i've underclocked the GPU memory...this game has major issues
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    yeah i know

it boggles my mind how my C2Q is being underutilized yet crashes as often as it does
    however, its more stable now that i've underclocked the GPU memory...this game has major issues
    Finished is not a word that is in Bethesda's dictionary.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    yeah i know

That's why I wont buy bethesda games until they sort their stuff out.

Super Elite
    Well after 19,518 hours or 2.2 years, my hard drive failed.

Fortunately I've had it in a RAID configuration for awhile, and today, fitted the new HDD and as we speak is rebuilding.

Have to give a shout out to CCL, ordered a HDD on Friday at around 3PM, delivered Saturday morning via first class, superb from them.

Just happy my PC is back up and running, nice to know that RAIDs actually do work.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
    Just happy my PC is back up and running, nice to know that RAIDs actually do work.
    Yes, they're lifesavers.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella3048 View Post
    I have a Dell Dimension 8200.
    -2.0 ghz pentium 4
    -256 mb ram
    -40 gb hdd
    -cd burner

Next time around, probably this fall, I am going to build one myself. I have to keep it relatively inexpensive, so I can afford a nice tv for my PS3 next year. So I'm afraid no 7800gtx I'll most likely have to "settle" for a x850pro, they have those for $300 on newegg, by the way.
    Good lord... I hope you build something nice. I suppose a toaster would be an upgrade.

Forum Sage
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

26. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Noice.

Thread Information