Latest PSU headlines:

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4959 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1722

Thread: Your Computer?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Damn that is beast. Nice buy Aqua!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Just bought a ATI Radeon HD 5750 for 42.
    Is this a decent card? Reviews seems positive.

Either way it's an improvement than having no GPU!
    Previous card ( ATI HD 2900) burnt out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    It's... an okay card.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    I'm due for a new computer, had my current one for almost 7 years. I'm thinking about getting the Acer C7 Chromebook. I just want something small and light. The reviews I've read all seem pretty positive, and the price is relatively low. Anyone have one of these?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichael View Post
    I'm due for a new computer, had my current one for almost 7 years. I'm thinking about getting the Acer C7 Chromebook. I just want something small and light. The reviews I've read all seem pretty positive, and the price is relatively low. Anyone have one of these?
    Those are $#@!. You're basically paying for a laptop that can only run a web browser and nothing else.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichael View Post
    They are basic computers that don't really do much. They don't really have a standard OS on them like Windows or Mac. They are simply for browsing, word processor, spreadsheets, etc. Not a lot of freedom with them.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo9zero View Post
    Just bought a ATI Radeon HD 5750 for 42.
    Is this a decent card? Reviews seems positive.

Either way it's an improvement than having no GPU!
    Previous card ( ATI HD 2900) burnt out.

Its at the lower end of the mid ranged market. Its not amzing but for less than 50 it will do orgames liek Counter strike source and GO, team fortress 2, CODs.

I played BF3 with a 5770 for a while but had o lower the settigns to lowest and run in 1024x768 resolution to get anywhere near 60FPS.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    It seems OK for what I will use it for, never had any problem with my previous card playing most games on medium/high settings.
    And this card has better specs when comparing the two.

Simcity 4 will be the first thing I play, have a sudden urge to play this game again lol

Power Member
    Yea Sim city will be more than ample. Seems to me liek you dotn play much demanding games.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-26-2013 at 16:14.

Forum Sage
    Parts arrived today. Posting pics later!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Parts arrived today. Posting pics later!!
    Still waitin' on those pics.

Forum Sage
    These are the parts that arrived.

They are already installed and kicking ass but my case wasn't enough for the 140mm back fan of the Kraken so I wont post pics of this yet. (looks pretty bad)

What I can post though are Benchmarks. OVerclocked this baby to 1125Mhz Core / 1450 Memory and it absolutely Kick ass.

18988 GPU Score in 3D Mark 2011, which is even stronger than two 7970s Ghz Edition Overclocked to
    1100MHz GPU / 1575MHz RAM put in Crossfire. I'm absolutely pleased and impressed by this monster.

Temperatures reach a max of 75C (Crysis 3), which is sweet considering my older cards could get as high as 98C.

Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

13. Likes BBK.. , Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    That is a thing of beauty.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Its at the lower end of the mid ranged market. Its not amzing but for less than 50
    If it costs less than 50 and is "mid range" what do you consider a "low end" or "entry level" card to be?

Personally I wouldn't consider a card to be "mid range" until it was at least 100.

16. Likes John25 likes this post
    Forum Sage

So i've been doing some planning for my new machine. Unfortunately i'm going to be building it over 5 months as i don't have the money to drop on it in one go just yet and saving up will kill me so i'll just be buying part by part over the next few months - it sucks but the benefit is that after a while some of the parts i want will be going for cheaper so a bit of a win-win situation for me.

Specs I am aiming for - or currently pricing up so things may change from the final build but this is what I have set my budgeting plan for.

First stage i'll be getting the boring bits.
    Corsair 800D Full tower case
    Corsair PSU. Was going to go for a AX1200 but Keefy advised the AX1200i Digital for only an extra 40

Then onto the Motherboard and blue-ray r/w
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79
    LG 2x BD-RW

CPU
    Intel i7 Six core 3930k

RAM i'll be going for, you can probably see a trend starting here...
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Quad Channel 1866Mhz

GPU - As a current ATI user I am confident to say i will not be using another AMD/ATI GPU in my next machine. Too many driver issues when Crossfire is concerned and just poor experiences from them in general so this time Nvidia is getting my hard earned money. This is the one part that will probably change the most. In my budget I accounted for a GTX Titan but obviously as fast as GPU technology can move it depends what is the best card is when i buy it. So i'm in the region for a 690/'790' or Titan type GPU. I'm more inclined to go for a Titan as it will give less compatibility than a dual chip GPU.

Asus Titan is the one I am looking at.

Once it is all built (With a SSD as my boot drive and 2 1TB HDD's in RAID) I'll be running Windows 8 on there.

So, that is the build i am aiming for, hopefully it will be finished by September at the latest assuming all goes to plan. It is going to be painful waiting all that time but the end product should be worth the wait. My current machine will no choice but to hold me over until then!

A question I have though, has anyone on here ever watercooled a system? I've been looking into doing it as the 800D is supposedly a very spacious case for watercooling and seeing as this will take me ages to build i'm tempted to go down that route. Any one ever had any experiences in doing it? I was never interested in it until i started to look at what people have done with their systems in the same case and it looks amazing. Not only that but you can get a much bigger OC out of watercooling so it seems practical too.

18. Likes John25 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    I know ASUS are Solid brand but I would go for an EVGA version if you can Their version usually gets used on Titan Bench tests

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    If it costs less than 50 and is "mid range" what do you consider a "low end" or "entry level" card to be?

Personally I wouldn't consider a card to be "mid range" until it was at least 100.
    TIs a second hand 2 generations old card. 5770 was mid ranged when new they cost over 100. I bought one.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    I know ASUS are Solid brand but I would go for an EVGA version if you can Their version usually gets used on Titan Bench tests
    I actually was looking around a few websites at the price for a Titan, I did price the whole machine up at Overclockers but when I went to the Scan website, where i've always bought my PC stuff from. I can actually get the motherboard from Scan 46 less, the PSU is 20 less and the CPU is also a 10 cheaper so with the money I saved I was actually looking at the EVGA Superclocked Titan and i would still end up spending less money, through Scan.

The EVGA card also comes with a few goodies

Been looking at a few videos (mainly Linustechtips) and the Titan does look like a wonderful card. Only the 7990 and 690 are beating it at the moment but in terms of best single chip GPU the Titan is in a league of it's own. No more multi-gpu issues!!

Power Member
    6GB means multi monitor win.

Forum Sage

Haha... Not for me it doesn't, i'm still going to be running at 1920x1080 for the foreseeable future, unless Overclockers do another 3 120Hz monitors for 500 again.

Yeah yeah i know, it's overkill/waste for such a low resolution. This machine i'm building is all about future proofing, i'm in two minds if I still want to buy Next generation consoles. I know once i build this the chances are I won't touch the PS4/720 for a good few years.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Haha... Not for me it doesn't, i'm still going to be running at 1920x1080 for the foreseeable future, unless Overclockers do another 3 120Hz monitors for 500 again.

Yeah yeah i know, it's overkill/waste for such a low resolution. This machine i'm building is all about future proofing, i'm in two minds if I still want to buy Next generation consoles. I know once i build this the chances are I won't touch the PS4/720 for a good few years.
    There's a lot of console games that aren't gonna be on PC.

I'm sure you'll be enjoying that setup though.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    There's a lot of console games that aren't gonna be on PC.

I'm sure you'll be enjoying that setup though.
    Oh of course. The thing is that most of the games coming out on the PS4 during its launch window that I'm interested in are either out and I have it already (Diablo3) or games that will be coming to PC at the same time (Watchdogs, Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed: Black Flag). I've never been interested in the Killzone franchise and while this new racing game looks good, the only racing games I've ever got in to have been F1 games.

I will still be picking one up eventually but I'm more interested in playing those games at ultra settings, with 120FPS when they are released.

BBK. Tapatalking

Administrator

Your Computer?

I doubt you'll be getting 120 fps on ultra settings even with the Titan. I believe Crysis 3 gets 24 fps with the Titan on ultra settings in HD and those other games you listed should also be relatively demanding. You'll be able to play them all on ultra for sure, though.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Just finished fitting afew upgrades today
    Went for the AMD Piledriver FX-8350, 8Gb corsair vengeance ram, GeForce GTX 670 video card.

So far tested it with Battlefield 3 and DiRT 2 for afew hours, both look stunning and play great, well pleased with it

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I doubt you'll be getting 120 fps on ultra settings even with the Titan. I believe Crysis 3 gets 24 fps with the Titan on ultra settings in HD and those other games you listed should also be relatively demanding. You'll be able to play them all on ultra for sure, though.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk
    Yeah I shouldn't have implied that I was expecting to reach those frame-rates with the set up I'm buying just that I would rather play them on my PC at higher framerates.

Playing at only 1080 should give me a nice bit of headroom and ill be able to go SLI further down the line for a little more oomph. And the 6Gb will perfect for multi displays

BBK. Tapatalking.

Thread Information