Latest PSU headlines:

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5060 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1685

Thread: Your Computer?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah I shouldn't have implied that I was expecting to reach those frame-rates with the set up I'm buying just that I would rather play them on my PC at higher framerates.

Playing at only 1080 should give me a nice bit of headroom and ill be able to go SLI further down the line for a little more oomph. And the 6Gb will perfect for multi displays

BBK. Tapatalking.
    For sure.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Forum Sage
    This is how Crysis 3 runs @ very high FXAA enabled.

I'm getting nearly double of the 7970 Ghz edition framerates with my 7990 OCed @ 1125 / 1575.

crysis 3 bench.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I doubt you'll be getting 120 fps on ultra settings even with the Titan. I believe Crysis 3 gets 24 fps with the Titan on ultra settings in HD and those other games you listed should also be relatively demanding. You'll be able to play them all on ultra for sure, though.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Forum Sage

I'm getting nearly double of the 7970 Ghz edition framerates with my 7990 OCed @ 1125 / 1575.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I doubt you'll be getting 120 fps on ultra settings even with the Titan. I believe Crysis 3 gets 24 fps with the Titan on ultra settings in HD and those other games you listed should also be relatively demanding. You'll be able to play them all on ultra for sure, though.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk

Administrator

Your Computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post

Ah, my mistake. I just double-checked and my comment refers to the game being run at max settings at max resolution (2560x1600)... which is around 22-25 fps. Crysis should be cakewalk then at the res he wants to play.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Forum Sage

I did think that 24fps seemed too low for 1920x1080

Administrator
    I did think that 24fps seemed too low for 1920x1080
    Yeah, sorry for that, lol.

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk

7. Likes BBK.. wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Hey! I finally managed to make my rig look decent. Placed the Kraken's fan at the front of the case and Wow, not even does it run cool (45C @ Full load with Prime95) but it also helped cool down the whole case. The videocard now gets a max of 75C while playing Crysis 3 (which uses up to 99% of each GPU) and 65C with other games. (Overclocked @ 1125Mhz Core/1575 Memory)

I'm finally pleased with my little monster.

Final specs:

Core i7 3770k @ Stock (Overclocking when Asus Sabertooth Z77 arrives)
    8GB-Skill DDR3 @ 1600Mhz.
    Powercolor AMD 7990 @ 1125Mhz Core/1575 Memory
    NZXT Kraken x40 Liquid Cooler (I Highly recommend it... seriously)
    NZXT Phatom Case - 200mm fans x 3 + 12mm fans x 4 + 140mm Kraken Fan acting as case fan.
    Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro
    128GB SSD + 3TB + 2TB + 1TB + 500GB HDDs.
    Gigabyte ga-p67a-ud4-b3 motherboard (awaiting for Asus Sabertooth Z77)
    Xbox 360 Controller :^P

Pics:

9. Likes Rekmon, BBK.. wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage

Looking good!! I'm starting to order my parts as of Friday. It's going to be a long 4/5 months until I have it all but it should be pretty good when finished.

Hopefully next week i'll have uploaded pictures of the motherboard, case and psu. I'm getting all the boring bits first. Next month will be the CPU and RAM.

Forum Sage

Just paid for my case Should have the 800D with me next week I've also planned out my cooling loop, to an extent. I'm going to see how 1 320 radiator cools it all down, may add another 240 radiator in the future!

Forum Sage

Just paid for my case Should have the 800D with me next week I've also planned out my cooling loop, to an extent. I'm going to see how 1 320 radiator cools it all down, may add another 240 radiator in the future!

Forum Sage

Should have these delivered on Monday

14. Likes Aquanox wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    That's beautiful bro!

4 way SlI board + 1200wats PSU?

What kind of beast are you planing to build there?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    That's beautiful bro!

from what he said in the other thread; BBK plans to have a proper beast of a gaming machine

the foundations are in place it would seem
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I had a thought the other day about water cooling and instead of using the standard rads that are 1 2 3 4 fans long I thought about using mini radiator from a 1275 mini cooper.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Forum Sage

That's beautiful bro!

Well, you did say it was about time I upgraded. Think of it as me trying to keep up with you

Well, apart from what i've bought i'm planning on buying a Hex-core 3930k next month along with 16GB 1866Mhz ram, the following month I'll be buying my watercooling loop (for CPU and GPU) and then a bit of saving and buy the GTX Titan (or if i'm really unlucky, a GTX690)

I've mainly bought the board due to it being one of the best boards on the 2011 socket for overclocking. I'm planning on getting at least 4.6-4.8Ghz out of it. I've heard some people manage to get 5Ghz out of their 3930Ks under watercooling so depending how well my loop cools it I may be able to get it up to that. And the Titan overclocks itself very well under watercooling so i should be able to get an extra 10-15% performance under water! Plus, Watercooling is a lot quieter than air!

Completely overkill for gaming, i know. But when was PC gaming ever about being modest? This build hopefully will last me a good 5 years - probably with an upgrade during its second or third year of life (unless i found a good deal on another Titan).

@Keefy, ha, I suppose that's one radiator that would work but what fans would you need for that?
    Last edited by BBK..; 04-26-2013 at 13:36.

Forum Sage
    Nice powerhouse bro. We need to get in touch to game online.

I have done a couple of additional upgrades from my last upgrade. Added another fan to my Kraken x40 so now it has two and cools like a champ.

Changed my Mobo to an Asus Sabertooth Z77 and memories to G-Skill Trident @2400mhz.

Also bought 10 Rewritable 50GB Blurays and 25 non rewritable. My Blu-ray burner should arrive next week. :P

Last edited by Aquanox; 04-26-2013 at 14:31.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Well, you did say it was about time I upgraded. Think of it as me trying to keep up with you

Well, apart from what i've bought i'm planning on buying a Hex-core 3930k next month along with 16GB 1866Mhz ram, the following month I'll be buying my watercooling loop (for CPU and GPU) and then a bit of saving and buy the GTX Titan (or if i'm really unlucky, a GTX690)

I've mainly bought the board due to it being one of the best boards on the 2011 socket for overclocking. I'm planning on getting at least 4.6-4.8Ghz out of it. I've heard some people manage to get 5Ghz out of their 3930Ks under watercooling so depending how well my loop cools it I may be able to get it up to that. And the Titan overclocks itself very well under watercooling so i should be able to get an extra 10-15% performance under water! Plus, Watercooling is a lot quieter than air!

Completely overkill for gaming, i know. But when was PC gaming ever about being modest? This build hopefully will last me a good 5 years - probably with an upgrade during its second or third year of life (unless i found a good deal on another Titan).

@Keefy, ha, I suppose that's one radiator that would work but what fans would you need for that?

I was thinking it might be large enough to not need a fan. If not then can get the proper fan housing to fit on them (powering it from the PSU might be an issue) probably wouldn't fit inside a case though.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-26-2013 at 15:03.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam

I'd hold off on that Titan...Nvidia is going to release gtx7 series next month supposedly. You'll be able to pick up two GTX780's for the price of one Titan, and they're basically slightly gimped Titans for half the price (OR...basically Nvidia kinda dicked over everybody that bought Titans)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I'd hold off on that Titan...Nvidia is going to release gtx7 series next month supposedly. You'll be able to pick up two GTX780's for the price of one Titan, and they're basically slightly gimped Titans for half the price (OR...basically Nvidia kinda dicked over everybody that bought Titans)
    Yeah the 780s are very close to titan specs at half price according to leaked spreadsheets I've seen

Forum Sage
    I was also wondering about this. Any link about it?

Im planning to go 790 with my next upgrade.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage

I'll be keeping my options open, thanks for the heads up. The thing that I like about the titan is that it is in a league if it's own for a single chip GPU.
    The whole reason I didn't want a 690 or 2 680's is because I don't want to go down a dual card route just yet - maybe late next year I could too up with another Titan but I want just 1 GPU really.

Seeing as I won't be in a position to buy my GPU after I get my CPU and watercooling loop I still have a few months to decide. If I could get it all today though I'd get the Titan in a heartbeat

BBK. Tapatalking.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    I was also wondering about this. Any link about it?

Im planning to go 790 with my next upgrade.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 usando Tapatalk 2
    I was reading about it here.
    You got a 7990...why on earth would you upgrade any time soon
    Nice setup btw. Could use a little wire cleanup but nice.

Have you checked out the latest XFire drivers? Supposed to improve on the frame latency issue Nvidia has been harping on, kinda curious to hear from an end user if it feels any different.

I'll be keeping my options open, thanks for the heads up. The thing that I like about the titan is that it is in a league if it's own for a single chip GPU.
    The whole reason I didn't want a 690 or 2 680's is because I don't want to go down a dual card route just yet - maybe late next year I could too up with another Titan but I want just 1 GPU really.

Seeing as I won't be in a position to buy my GPU after I get my CPU and watercooling loop I still have a few months to decide. If I could get it all today though I'd get the Titan in a heartbeat

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Sure it is...but if you can get within 15% performance for about 60% of the price...just saying. Needless to say Titan owners sure aren't too happy with Nvidia right now. Particularly my buddy who I hooked up with a deal on two of them! Eh...I digress.

Will have to wait to see official benches till final judgement. Why would you get a 1200w PSU and a quad-sli board if you weren't going to go multi-gpu? And from what it looks like two gtx 780's would be about the same price as a Titan...and blow it out the water performance wise <shrugs>

Forum Sage

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Yeah... look, I don't quite understand nVidia's strategy by launching Titan. Looks more like a challenge to AMD that they have the tecnology to have the better performance Single GPU card... but it honestly doesn't matter sh*t if it's going to cost double as the other high end cards.

Performance wise, Titan's a luxury, it's about 20 - 25% faster than a 7970Ghz Edition, but it costs most than double!! It's performance per dollar ratio is terrible. I would only go for a Titan if money wasn't an issue and I was willing to go SLI soon.

What is even more intriguing is what is nVidia going to do with Titan when the 780 gets released! Titan is a premium card, a lot of its cost has gone to the finishing and materials whereas 780 reference card shouldn't be as "premium" in terms of construction but it should be close to Titan's Performance. Considering high end cards will be about US$500 - 550... then we could be in a position where We could nearly double Titan's power in a few months, with the cost of one Titan today. (WTF!!!)

For this reason, I'd probably go for a 690, some of which you can find for "cheap", like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-Geforce...item43bb4d8b77

And then Sell them to get one or two 780's. 690's performance, it's always gonna be above Titan, (and shouldn't lose as much appeal as Titan's after 780's launch) so the pricing should degrade that much... and you most likely should be in a good position to upgrade to SLI almost immediately with a moderate amount of extra bucks, considering the price you could get by selling that 690....

... Now THAT is why I bought this 7990 and not a Titan

I was reading about it here.
    You got a 7990...why on earth would you upgrade any time soon
    Nice setup btw. Could use a little wire cleanup but nice.

Have you checked out the latest XFire drivers? Supposed to improve on the frame latency issue Nvidia has been harping on, kinda curious to hear from an end user if it feels any different.

Sure it is...but if you can get within 15% performance for about 60% of the price...just saying. Needless to say Titan owners sure aren't too happy with Nvidia right now. Particularly my buddy who I hooked up with a deal on two of them! Eh...I digress.

Will have to wait to see official benches till final judgement. Why would you get a 1200w PSU and a quad-sli board if you weren't going to go multi-gpu? And from what it looks like two gtx 780's would be about the same price as a Titan...and blow it out the water performance wise <shrugs>
    Because I've become a Performance Whore
    Last edited by Aquanox; 04-26-2013 at 23:05.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Forum Sage
    That'd make nVidia's strategy even odder.

I don't like the direction this is taking. So much emphasis in US$700+ cards.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

Thread Information