Latest PSU headlines:

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1684

Thread: Your Computer?

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The Lite version will be the gtx 780, the Ultra will probably become that series "Titan".

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    I was reading about it here.

Will have to wait to see official benches till final judgement. Why would you get a 1200w PSU and a quad-sli board if you weren't going to go multi-gpu? And from what it looks like two gtx 780's would be about the same price as a Titan...and blow it out the water performance wise <shrugs>
    As I said, it is inevitable that I will eventually go SLI but that was something I wanted to delay for as long as possible. The reason I have a big power supply is because I'll need all juice I can get when more or less everything in my system will be getting overclocked, the 3930K alone draws 450w at load when it is OC'd. I also want this build to be a platform to upgrade in several years seeing as Intel are going to support the 2011 socket for some time yet so a large PSU and decent board with many options was also key.

If the 7 series truly does blow the Titan, or next Titan, out of the water then of course I'd look into getting them but SLI was something I wanted to avoid for as long as possible as I've not had the greatest experience with AMD drivers in the past. Nvidia may be different I'm that regard but I'm a little more weary now.

I won't be buying the GPU, or GPU's for at least another 2 months yet so I have time to change my mind. Just I initially had my mind set on a Titan

BBK. Tapatalking

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    BBK will cause a power outage in his neighborhood every time he turns his PC on. Seriously, 450W from a CPU?
    God save us all

4. Likes gangsta_795 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    As I said, it is inevitable that I will eventually go SLI but that was something I wanted to delay for as long as possible. The reason I have a big power supply is because I'll need all juice I can get when more or less everything in my system will be getting overclocked, the 3930K alone draws 450w at load when it is OC'd. I also want this build to be a platform to upgrade in several years seeing as Intel are going to support the 2011 socket for some time yet so a large PSU and decent board with many options was also key.

If the 7 series truly does blow the Titan, or next Titan, out of the water then of course I'd look into getting them but SLI was something I wanted to avoid for as long as possible as I've not had the greatest experience with AMD drivers in the past. Nvidia may be different I'm that regard but I'm a little more weary now.

I won't be buying the GPU, or GPU's for at least another 2 months yet so I have time to change my mind. Just I initially had my mind set on a Titan

BBK. Tapatalking
    Ah, ok I see. Well...the upcoming GTX780 should not by itself beat a Titan, it really is looking like a slightly gimped Titan. But at the same time Nvidia SLI is definitely better than than AMD Xfire (and I'm an AMD fan) I was only suggesting that simply because you could get way more performance than a single Titan for the same amount of money.

Hopefully Nvidia gets these new series cards out so they can be reviewed and tested in the next month so you can make your decision! Have fun with it!

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    BBK will cause a power outage in his neighborhood every time he turns his PC on. Seriously, 450W from a CPU?
    God save us all
    Hehe, that's the plan

I've just never built a completely overpowered unnecessary machine before. So I'm going all out with this build!

Will be the first time I've gone for a complete watercooled build. Hoping for a very high overclock on both GPU and CPU

BBK. Tapatalking.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Hehe, that's the plan

I've just never built a completely overpowered unnecessary machine before. So I'm going all out with this build!

Will be the first time I've gone for a complete watercooled build. Hoping for a very high overclock on both GPU and CPU

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Wish I could blow that kind of cash...being broke with a mortgage, kid, wife hurt...it fucking kills the budget. I think I've done alright though, realized I never posted a pic of my setup so here it is:

3OzQdXws.jpg

Sh******T....stupid image too large. And I'm too freaking drunk to care

Forum Sage

That's the thing, I don't have that many responsibilities so this will be the last fine I have the chance to blow mega money on a system.

That picture came through way too small on my iPad

BBK. Tapatalking.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    That's the thing, I don't have that many responsibilities so this will be the last fine I have the chance to blow mega money on a system.

That picture came through way too small on my iPad

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Sorry, remote file is too large so I'll just link it

Off to drink water for this hangover.

Forum Sage

Nice build man! What are the specs of that little beauty? Do you find water-cooling much better and quieter than traditional air cooling? Also any reason why you've gone for 2 separate loops compared to one big one?

Forum Sage

Nice build man! What are the specs of that little beauty? Do you find water-cooling much better and quieter than traditional air cooling? Also any reason why you've gone for 2 separate loops compared to one big one?

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I think its pretty hard to create 1 loop with the sealed units.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Forum Sage

That's what I was getting at, why has he got 2 sealed units when he could've made one big loop for both the CPU and GPU. I'm just curious as i'm going for a Water cooled set up in mine and i've never seen a dedicated GPU cooler before

Forum Sage

That's what I was getting at, why has he got 2 sealed units when he could've made one big loop for both the CPU and GPU. I'm just curious as i'm going for a Water cooled set up in mine and i've never seen a dedicated GPU cooler before

Forum Sage

New parts arrived

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Thanks!

Uhh specs...just a budget build.
    I3-2120
    8gb Gskill Ram
    80gb SSD
    1 TB HDD
    ASRock mobo
    7850 OC'd to 1100
    All wrapped up in a Fractal Designs case (love the case)

Water cooling is definitely better than air, I have this rig in my living room attached to my tv. It's my game and theater box so it has to be quiet and cool running. With the right fans it's pretty much a low whisper, and temps...way better on temps no doubt. To anybody building a rig I now say there is no reason to not spend the extra $30 on a cheap closed loop water cooler over a traditional HSF.

Back at Xmas I asked for a water cooler on a whim...I ended up getting two
    Rather than having the second one go to waste I had a bracket cut to mount the second on the video card.
    Max temps on the card overclocked dropped from 79* to 50* (at a higher clock speed too) and I don't have to listen to the card fan ramping up anymore either.

I do want to build a full loop, but money is tight and I'm possibly the worst plumber ever so...scary.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Thanks!

Uhh specs...just a budget build.
    I3-2120
    8gb Gskill Ram
    80gb SSD
    1 TB HDD
    ASRock mobo
    7850 OC'd to 1100
    All wrapped up in a Fractal Designs case (love the case)

Water cooling is definitely better than air, I have this rig in my living room attached to my tv. It's my game and theater box so it has to be quiet and cool running. With the right fans it's pretty much a low whisper, and temps...way better on temps no doubt. To anybody building a rig I now say there is no reason to not spend the extra $30 on a cheap closed loop water cooler over a traditional HSF.

Back at Xmas I asked for a water cooler on a whim...I ended up getting two
    Rather than having the second one go to waste I had a bracket cut to mount the second on the video card.
    Max temps on the card overclocked dropped from 79* to 50* (at a higher clock speed too) and I don't have to listen to the card fan ramping up anymore either.

I do want to build a full loop, but money is tight and I'm possibly the worst plumber ever so...scary.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Your Computer?

Just built a Hackintosh...

Intel i5-3570K Quad Core 3.4 GHz
    8 GB Corsair Vengeance
    128 GB SSD
    4 TB HDD Stripe RAID
    NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB
    TP-LINK Dual Band Wireless Adapter
    Gigabyte Dual UEFI Mobo
    Corsair Black Carbide Case
    Gigabyte Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
    Creative Audio 2.1 Speaker System

Runs pretty much all current games at max settings at 1080p resolution and runs OS X without a hitch. Very satisfied. Will put in liquid cooling and a bunch of unnecessary sound reactive neon tubing from FrozenCPU when I get more monies.
    Last edited by PBM; 05-02-2013 at 06:31.
    Simplicity is the key to Brilliance

19. Likes BBK.. , x_terna wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage

Sounding nice!

I received my 800D case yesterday. That thing is much bigger than I anticipated. It wont fit under my desk

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Sounding nice!

I received my 800D case yesterday. That thing is much bigger than I anticipated. It wont fit under my desk
    NExt ont he list a new desk?
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Forum Sage

No my current desk is fine. The problem is that underneath my desk it has a little bar that provides some structural integrity. I have two choices. Do i move the bar to the very back of the desk or i could put the tower on the other-side of where I sit but then that means I won't ever see into the window of my build - what isn't a drastic problem but something I want to avoid.

I'm a few months off being finished so i'll cross that bridge when i get to it

Forum Sage
    So... I finally ordered the last component that was lagging behind in my system.

Old Antec 850w is gonna be gone and replaced by this Rosewill 1300w 80+ Certified @ 50C

Hopefully, I'll never have to worry about a new PSU anymore (until the end of this one's lifecycle that is)

Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Ooooooooo... I love glowy things.
    Simplicity is the key to Brilliance

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I received my new Motherboard/CPU Combo last night, that I won off Ebay.
    First time I've installed a new mobo.

I think I got a really great deal, I'm getting 100+ fps in some games.
    I can play Skyrim on ultra in 1920-1080p at 40-60 fps.
    HL2 plays at a silky smooth 200-300 fps, looks awesome.

Here's the parts I won off Ebay

Forum Sage

Look what turned up this morning... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369481204.321284.jpg

BBK. Tapatalking.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Nice!

Now I know I spent a lot in the last 14 months of getting the Samsung monitors to my new build (about 1200), so how much have you spent on your entire build then BBK? :P

Thread Information