Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Got any self-made tracks to share, PBM?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Got any self-made tracks to share, PBM?
    No, unfortunately. A lot of my compositions were on an old HDD that crashed. I didn't know what a RAID setup was then. :/ It's been awhile since I really sat down and recorded some tracks. When I move I'll set up part of my place as a recording studio or something. I'm just busy as hell right now.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Do you DJ or anything like that, PBM? I've always wanted to know how a Mac would run with Serato Scratch live. My main reason for wanting a Mac is mainly because of that. I find the trackpad gets really got on my Alienware and it gets uncomfortable to use after a while mixing because selecting tunes gives your finger, the only way i can describe it is by saying a burning sensation. Plus i find that the trackpad on MBPs are amazing

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    No, unfortunately. A lot of my compositions were on an old HDD that crashed. I didn't know what a RAID setup was then. :/ It's been awhile since I really sat down and recorded some tracks. When I move I'll set up part of my place as a recording studio or something. I'm just busy as hell right now.
    Understandable!

You know where to direct your future demo tapes then.

Here's a recent edit of mine that somewhat suffers from only average footage, lol. Still getting used to handling a GoPro correctly and having a long road ahead of me when it comes to editing like the pros...

Administrator

Your Computer?

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Do you DJ or anything like that, PBM? I've always wanted to know how a Mac would run with Serato Scratch live. My main reason for wanting a Mac is mainly because of that. I find the trackpad gets really got on my Alienware and it gets uncomfortable to use after a while mixing because selecting tunes gives your finger, the only way i can describe it is by saying a burning sensation. Plus i find that the trackpad on MBPs are amazing
    No, I don't, but I've always wanted to. I'll probably get a chance to do that once I move back to the big city. You can make good dough doing that. But I've seen a LOT of DJs using MBPs, so they're pretty capable... and I mean... even if you're just using it to run Windows it's still a much better quality laptop to use in general. I'm not a big fan of creaky plastic.

The trackpads on the MBPs are glass... and I still have yet to find any laptop that even remotely compares to the quality. Apple really has laptop design on lockdown.

@ Wrath: I'll check that out when I'm on my computer again. Tapatalk hates YouTube links half the time.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-19-2013 at 08:43.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Oh fair enough. If you are looking to start DJin i do really recommened buying Scratch Live. it's very nice being able to use your digital collection of WAVs but still be able to use a nice turntable. It's expensive to start as if your buying turntables, while you can get decent cheap ones i wouldn't recommend anything other than the Technic SL1210's i have the MKII's but any of them are going to be flawless! Then you have to buy your mixer and the actual Scratch live box so it's a minimum of 1000 but it is well worth it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I was looking in the new Mac Pro just now and Apple has blown my mind. Say what you will about Apple but they consistently surpass the status quo by delivering something extraordinary. This thing is TINY and houses 7 TERAFLOPS of computing power! The cooling system (the central thermal core and triangular design) is the most ingenious thing I've ever seen

8. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I was looking in the new Mac Pro just now and Apple has blown my mind. Say what you will about Apple but they consistently surpass the status quo by delivering something extraordinary. This thing is TINY and houses 7 TERAFLOPS of computing power! The cooling system (the central thermal core and triangular design) is the most ingenious thing I've ever seen

Would cost a bit though, lol.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Would cost a bit though, lol.
    Mac pro already cost like 2 grand for the cheapest model lol

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

it is a thing of beauty! T_T

+rep for bringing such beauty into my life itachi!

but for reals, that thing is amazing! the design, the looks, its spec! its an engineering masterpiece!

BUT!

the price! my soul does not cost that much unfortunately...i checked
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

12. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage

Administrator
    @ Wrath: Nice video, manng.

Yeah the new Mac Pro is a beast... but I feel the new one is going to be around the 3-4 grand mark... reason being is the dual FirePro GPUs that are going into the thing are really expensive by themselves. They are a custom design though to fit that cylindrical chassis and the thermal core design.

My main gripe with the new Mac Pro is the GPUs are not upgradeable due to their proprietary design and the way they're attached to the thermal core. Granted, you probably wouldn't need to upgrade them for years, but you would probably have to get an Apple technician to upgrade the darn thing. I do like the expandability of it though... and all those 20 GB/sec Thunderbolt ports. o_0

Forum Sage

It's coming!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'll just wait till October, November to see what's the best to get and also it's a chance to see what's new on the market.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    That Mac pro looks amazing but its gonna cost a small fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    @ Wrath: Nice video, manng.

Yeah the new Mac Pro is a beast... but I feel the new one is going to be around the 3-4 grand mark... reason being is the dual FirePro GPUs that are going into the thing are really expensive by themselves. They are a custom design though to fit that cylindrical chassis and the thermal core design.

My main gripe with the new Mac Pro is the GPUs are not upgradeable due to their proprietary design and the way they're attached to the thermal core. Granted, you probably wouldn't need to upgrade them for years, but you would probably have to get an Apple technician to upgrade the darn thing. I do like the expandability of it though... and all those 20 GB/sec Thunderbolt ports. o_0
    You wouldnt need to upgrade those GPUs though, they will last for a many years easily (AMD warranty them for 3)
    Woud I be right in saying only AMD manufacture the Fire pro? Unlike the other Radeon range which many other companies manufacture cards.

Check this out to see how well the professional firepro cards do in video games.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ming,3425.html
    Last edited by keefy; 07-26-2013 at 03:52.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    CMac-19
    AMD is the vendor for their own FirePro cards, unlike the Radeons.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post

It's coming!
    I don't understand why the desktop version has "only" 3gb ram while the M version has 4.
    Usually you only run the desktop version on resolutions beyond 1080...

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    I don't understand why the desktop version has "only" 3gb ram while the M version has 4.
    Usually you only run the desktop version on resolutions beyond 1080...
    The desktop has greater memory bandwidth/speed than the mobile version (in addition to the greater number of cuda cores and clockspeed). Sticking in and extra gig for the mobile version is all they can do to compensate for that.

Also anybody running games at resolutions the 780 would struggle at would likely be running multiple cards.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Yeah 3gb is more then enough, 4gb in the M versions is kind of a waste but it's not like they'd make em cheaper if they had 2gb anyway

Forum Sage
    780 got delivered this morning. PC is up and running with W8. Gonna start overclocking the $#@! out of my CPU soon.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    @BBK, Why W8?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Sempron 2400+ OC'd at 1.85GHz, FX5200 AGP GPU with 128mb memory, 1GB 166.9MHz DDR1 RAM, 400w PSU, 2x 40GB IDE HDD.
    What can I say? I'm poor...

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    @BBK, Why W8?
    Why not? I never really saw a problem with it other than the metro interface and i've gotten over it pretty quickly. I must admit though. I have been asked that question almost every time

it's chugging away nicely at the moment. Playing all games maximum settings without a slip bellow 60fps and the best bit is that it is nice and quiet... ish. The loudest part of it is my water reservoir because of the way the water flows into it you get a trickling noise. Much quieter than before though, my last PC sounded like a jet plane

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Surely with a 120Hz monitor 120FPS is now the goal?

FYI Some graphics cards only allow 120Hz or more on a certain DVI/HDMI port I found out the hard way by being limited to 60FPS when using vsync in Counter strike yesterday.

Previously I had cleaned my case out so removed all cords and connections and put the DVI cord back in a different DVI slot.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-04-2013 at 02:40.

Forum Sage
    indeed it is, but having 6ofps as a minimum on a few games without sounding like itll take off is nice

Thread Information