Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S ME $#@!ES!!

BBK, lets see those 12 threads in action!

as for me, some modest Warframe Shots

Apparently, this game does tessellation, though im not exactly sure where, or to what extent? o_O

Regardless, running on AMD so no pretty bedazzlers, which NVidia has enabled!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not pissed!

They be tryin to burn a witch

All my withcher Screen shots if you care to look.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/keefy/s...view=imagewall

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Kingdom Rush on PC is great, would recommend getting it.

The map is gorgeous.

Supreme Veteran
    What mods can do to Quake

Comes with Free shareware version of Quake, but if you have the full version just copy your ID1 folder into the epsilon folder but do not overwrite files.
    If you want ULTRA graphics find the "epsilon - change graphics quality.bat" file and run it.
    www.xpfree.org/epsilon

Last edited by keefy; 01-15-2014 at 20:38.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    What mods can do to Quake

Comes with Free shareware version of Quake, but if you have the full version just copy your ID1 folder into the epsilon folder but do not overwrite files.
    If you want ULTRA graphics find the "epsilon - change graphics quality.bat" file and run it.
    www.xpfree.org/epsilon

Very nice textures but the models still look awful as they havent been changed. Its just like a textures pack and not really a mod.

Supreme Veteran
    Last edited by keefy; 01-16-2014 at 15:01.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    A big improvement over the original ones, thats for sure. Still if compared to other current games models they are very outdated but I can understand that as the makers of the mods are limited due to the old engine in which the game would run.

Supreme Veteran
    Not played in a while so thought I would be rusty, but still owned.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Hax's's's's''s'ss''s'ss!

kidding man, how'd you go 30 for naught?! damn keefy, you got some skill!

i'd prolly be around that shanti guy

EDIT:
    this is the only pic i've taken recently:

need to find time to finish this game. really like the combat.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Hax's's's's''s'ss''s'ss!

kidding man, how'd you go 30 for naught?! damn keefy, you got some skill!

i'd prolly be around that shanti guy

EDIT:
    this is the only pic i've taken recently:

need to find time to finish this game. really like the combat.
    I know that map inside out, if I got low on health in an encounter I retreated to get some health, I didn't just run and gun, I actually had a plan to circle the map constantly picking up health, armour, weapons and ammo so I was never really at a disadvantage. If you keep picking up the health and armour then your enemies cannot, same with weapons, which only spawn every 20-30 seconds.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-15-2014 at 13:40.

Supreme Veteran
    I got the new Wolfenstein game and I quite like it.

Noob mode enabled.

Last edited by keefy; 05-21-2014 at 03:46. Reason: Added more screenshots

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    spent the last four weeks modding up my skyrim (figured it was time, it's been sitting in my steam library for about a year :/)

I have $#@! to show for my work! And work it was!
    the more determined could probably have knocked it out in an afternoon, but with time being what it is, i've had to patch in time here and there. And given the way i modded skyrim, it involved quite a lot of patching in itself!

$#@! me, modding, even with NMM, is freaking hard. VRAM patches, System RAM patches, Stability checks....im just glad i can play it now, and it looks sooooo purdy!

It's not the best looking atm, i downloaded an ENB for a high end card...only thing is, im waiting for the new high end cards to drop, so a bunch of settings are turned off.

Generally speaking, all i wanted was the console version on steroids. More NPC's, more weapons, more followers, more enemies, more dragons....just MORE!!

One of the mods im particularly happy to have downloaded is the full LOD mod:

High hrothgar (not going to bother checking the spelling for that), Azura's shrine (admittedly bugged out in the above shot), and even Parthunax's dragon wall all the way at the top of the mountain is visible! You can see $#@! from across the map and walk all the way up to it!

Another mod i find very fun is the immersive patrols (i think its called??) fudgning amazing walking upon a group of 60+ stormcloaks and imperials going to war! Skyrim actually feels like Skyrim should!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Finally You Are Free
    Fiji, what's with the self-insert links in our posts? Your mentions of Skyrim are highlighted with Amazon links. I've seen it in other posts too.

Also, that Full LoD mod looks awesome. That and 'better distance landscape' should be the game by default. I would take average graphics with a great draw distance over gorgeous graphics and an ugly distant view.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Fiji, what's with the self-insert links in our posts? Your mentions of Skyrim are highlighted with Amazon links. I've seen it in other posts too.
    As far as im aware, this should have been 'on' for every member trailing back years and years. If its something new then it shows bugs are finally vanishing into the ether as we near our transition

It's another revenue stream basically.

you can opt out here if it really annoys you though: http://www.viglink.com/opt-out

Also, that Full LoD mod looks awesome. That and 'better distance landscape' should be the game by default. I would take average graphics with a great draw distance over gorgeous graphics and an ugly distant view.
    The full LOD mod, + more weapons/armour, + "immersive" series make skyrim freaking amazing! It's so full of stuff now!

The last one especially. you'll be wondering through the wasteland and hear a giant battle going on, go over to investigate and you'll have this mini war taking place. very awesome considering skyrim takes place during an actual civil war.
    had to stop and tfc around just to watch that battle go down

This isn't an real time shot though, grabbed it off a shadowplay capture...that thing is equally awesome, quite glad i switched to Nvidia ^_^

In the above shot though, there was also a battle behind the camera, i went and plopped myself smack bang in teh middle to watch it all
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

15. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    I have Skyrim, not played it yet. what mods did you use?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I have Skyrim, not played it yet. what mods did you use?
    Quite a few!

BOSS reports ~100 mods in total. i went all out! xD

Most important part for modding skyrim though is SKSE 1.7 (ALPHA) - ALPHA REQUIRED FOR HIGH END SYSTEMS IMO!!! ie. 8GB RAM, i5+ 2GB vRAM.

I'll tell you why: When skyrim boots, it allocates X RAM for it usage. Most mods simply add 'more' without optimization. Skyrim's engine is piss poor at doing it job of allocating more ram when needed, the 1.7 alpha has code to tell the engine to start with more ram to begin with, thus bypassing it's stupidity
    NOTE: there are lines of code required in the SKSE ini file for this to work.
    [NotPlacebo]GiveFirstBornToSheson=1

[Memory]
    DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
    ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
    Once that is done, you can mod/tweak to your systems desire!
    I run ugridstoload=7 on top of all the mods

The most important mods imo:

All the 'unofficial' patches
    SkyUI
    'Lite' 2k texture pack
    Stakado Realistic and Cinematic ENB
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    Realistic Water Two
    Realistic Lighting Overhaul - wouldn't advise 'Full' dark version unless you really wanna roleplay. Installer contains two version, use the brighter one. couldn't stand the dark version personally.
    Amazing Follower Tweaks
    The Skyrim Distance Overhaul LOD Improvement - comes with compatibility patch for next mod
    SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills
    Immersive Armors
    Immersive Weapons
    Unique Uniques
    Immersive Patrols
    JaySuS Swords

These are the 'overhauls', so to speak.

there are a bunch of little mods that i included in my game to make it more to my tastes though, removing little annoyances from skyrim, things i didn't like with the console versions etc. etc.

My Active Mod Files:

A lot of NPC mods to make people feel more unique and not all look like the same drab boring crap bethesda brought to life.

TESEDIT - Create merged patch BUT put before Bashed patch (below) otherwise Skyrim will crash
    Bashed Patch - Run very last and its created .esp put last in load order.

I said this $#@! required work didn't i?
    took me 4 weeks!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    It was bugged in the shot above, but i managed to get one showing it...Skyrim has been out all this time, and i kid not when i say i didn't even know this was in the console version :/

That LOD mod is $#@!ing epic!!!

My character is standing in the middle of the colleges courtyard. Very impressive performance (50fps) considering how much it adds to the game....and yes, after this shot i did walk up to the statue!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

I wish I could get into Skyrim but it's just not my type of game

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    All the 'unofficial' patches
    SkyUI
    SkyUI will forever remain my no. 1 recommended Skyrim mod. I will vouch for and push it even on people who swear to not use mods. It is amazing and Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves for their menu system. Seriously, think about all the time spent wandering down the huge unorganized list in the vanilla inventory. It's a pain in the ass.

Also, that ENB looks gorgeous. I might snag that up.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I wish I could get into Skyrim but it's just not my type of game

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    I can empathize. I let out audible groans at times when i get those quests that send you across the map, only for it to then send you back from where you came from...

pft, anyways BBK, you probably have one of the beastliest rigs on here, when you gunna post some pics so we can all hate you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    SkyUI will forever remain my no. 1 recommended Skyrim mod. I will vouch for and push it even on people who swear to not use mods. It is amazing and Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves for their menu system. Seriously, think about all the time spent wandering down the huge unorganized list in the vanilla inventory. It's a pain in the ass.

Also, that ENB looks gorgeous. I might snag that up.
    Personally like the armour and weapons mods more. Skyrim default ultra settings does a decent job (hell i played through the console version and $#@! just appears in front of your eyes ). But having all the added weapons/armour added to the loot tables is something special. Coming upon a group of bandits who each have a different weapons/armour type makes the game feel the way it should have been. In vanilla skyrim, everyone would wield the same exact iron sword....same iron armor....same shield...it get's tedious.

Killed a bandit yesterday, and for all intents and purpose, i thought it was a guy. looted his armour, turned out, 'twas not a man but a woman. It's little touches like this that add quite a lot to the single most frequent thing you do in game; which is kill people.

As a pseudo segue, the immersive patrols mod is quite good. I find it really stupid that in a country at war, you are the only person going around disturbing the peace and causing chaos.....It's quite nice to emerge from a cave and see imperials fighting the storm cloaks. or a Thalmore patrol ambush a stormcloak one...or, the thalmore and imperials doing a bit of two-on-one with the stormcloaks.

But i can agree to the inventory. don't know how the vanilla UI got the greenlight, it's a mess.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage

Haha, it's Sneezy who is resident PSU PC beast.

Last screenshots i took were on Minecraft...

from this...

to this...

23. Likes Fijiandoce, Nerevar likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I always pictured modding minecraft as being a pain in the ass.

Saw a Frankie vid ages ago with his modded minecraft. Dem be nice looking blocks!

I've always been curious. Vanilla minecraft must put very little strain on the GPU, what's it like after turning it into that?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    DayZ - Full imgur album here.

Maximum possible in-game settings, natively run at 3840x2160 and downscaled to 1920x1080.

Last edited by sneezymarble; 09-11-2014 at 20:01.
    i7 4770 | EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 32GB
    i7 3770 |
    EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 16GB

26. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Elite Sage

Some nice shots of Chernarus there, Sneezy. I would love to see Arma 3 on your machine, hint hint You're a fan of DayZ, did you ever play the Epoch mod? Check it out in the Arma 3 engine. I feel bad for DayZ standalone as it's been beat before it has even come out. I still prefer Overpoch to the SA. SA seems a bit lacking in features compared.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Some nice shots of Chernarus there, Sneezy. I would love to see Arma 3 on your machine, hint hint You're a fan of DayZ, did you ever play the Epoch mod? Check it out in the Arma 3 engine. I feel bad for DayZ standalone as it's been beat before it has even come out. I still prefer Overpoch to the SA. SA seems a bit lacking in features compared.

Hmmm, will have to check it out. Maybe tonight I'll grab ArmaIII on Steam. I haven't really messed around much with Arma, beside my interest in DayZ.
    i7 4770 | EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 32GB
    i7 3770 |
    EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 16GB

Thread Information