Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Haha wow. I can't believe you never looked them up or watched a video. She's $#@!in hot too!
    yeah some bands i like ive just never taken the time

Who are the hot redheads on the poster, far left and right, I'd watch their videos

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Album Review: Parallax II: Future Sequence, Between the Buried and Me

I decided to write up a little review for you guys to hopefully entice a few of you into giving this behemoth of an album a listen. Review is a bit long so i spoiled it.

For a good cross section of this album check out this video and buy the album!

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

3. Likes R_Mac_1 likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    yeah some bands i like ive just never taken the time

Who are the hot redheads on the poster, far left and right, I'd watch their videos
    Far left is Simone Simons, Dutch singer of Epica. Don't know the other one. I've seen Epica several times and I can confirm she always looks tasty! Interesting wardrobe as well.

5. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Album Review: Parallax II: Future Sequence, Between the Buried and Me

I decided to write up a little review for you guys to hopefully entice a few of you into giving this behemoth of an album a listen. Review is a bit long so i spoiled it.

For a good cross section of this album check out this video and buy the album!

I've been listening to this album a $#@! ton. It's awesome. I like this video a lot because it shows the whole band playing simultaneously which I really enjoy watching.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Anyone picking up Koi No Yokan today? 2 days until Deftones come to town!!! Can't wait!
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Anyone picking up Koi No Yokan today? 2 days until Deftones come to town!!! Can't wait!
    Nope not really a Deftones fan. If it gets stellar reviews I'll give it a listen but otherwise I'll pass

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The Deftones are one of my favorite bands, but I haven't gotten the chance to listen to it. It's being considered as one of their best albums.

I listened to Wintersun's new album though, Time I. I love four of the songs, but the 8 minute song in the middle is passable.

10. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    The Deftones are one of my favorite bands, but I haven't gotten the chance to listen to it. It's being considered as one of their best albums.

I listened to Wintersun's new album though, Time I. I love four of the songs, but the 8 minute song in the middle is passable.
    It's a great album! I love it. And $#@! yeah! Gonna go see them tonight!!!!
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Apprentice
    I'm stoked that Tobias decided he still needs more Avantasia! For all its epicness and cheesyness....it is awesome! God knows how long til the album drops, although they have started recording it.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    *Uses Phoenix Down*

errmaahhgerrd.

love this tune

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I would be contributing a lot more to this thread if my ears weren't still $#@!ed up. I still have sound sensitivity due to that concert in September.

I'll listen to an album here and there anyway though.

In fact, I finally listened to the new Deftones and Dethklok albums the other day. Both are very good albums.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Man that must be so annoying :/ how did it happen? Dyou get headaches because of it too? I'd hate not being able to listen to music

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Man that must be so annoying :/ how did it happen? Dyou get headaches because of it too? I'd hate not being able to listen to music
    Was in the third row of a Coheed & Cambria concert, right in front of the speakers. It was insanely loud compared to every other concert I've been to, but I had too much pride to move to the back or leave.

Now I have mild/moderate tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and hyperacusis (sound sensitivity), which causes sharp inner ear pain.

The good news is that there's a sound therapy I can do that works most of the time, but it's expensive and takes at least six months to work.

I $#@!ing love music, but I haven't been able to enjoy it much since then. I have to play it at a low volume and it still hurts a bit. So I really need to start that therapy soon.
    Last edited by Ixion; 02-11-2013 at 23:09.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Was in the third row of a Coheed & Cambria concert, right in front of the speakers. It was insanely loud compared to every other concert I've been to, but I had too much pride to move to the back or leave.

Now I have mild/moderate tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and hyperacusis (sound sensitivity), which causes sharp inner ear pain.

The good news is that there's a sound therapy I can do that works most of the time, but it's expensive and takes at least six months to work.

I $#@!ing love music, but I haven't been able to enjoy it much since then. I have to play it at a low volume and it still hurts a bit. So I really need to start that therapy soon.
    that's crazy man hope it gets sorted out soon though, that must of been tough to stick near the speakers lol i couldn't manage it when i was stood next to the speaker when i saw funeral for a friend, it was painful then and i doubt it was as loud either!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    that's crazy man hope it gets sorted out soon though, that must of been tough to stick near the speakers lol i couldn't manage it when i was stood next to the speaker when i saw funeral for a friend, it was painful then and i doubt it was as loud either!
    Yeah, I would recommend wearing earplugs to concerts from now on.

I went to my ENT and bought those $150 musician's earplugs, which are clear, custom-fitted, and don't muffle the sound. Instead you hear all the ranges, but they're just heard at a lower volume.

Last edited by Ixion; 02-12-2013 at 18:49.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Yeah, I would recommend wearing earplugs to concerts from now on.

I went to my ENT and bought those $150 musician's earplugs, which are clear, custom-fitted, and don't muffle the sound. Instead you hear all the ranges, but they're just heard at a lower volume.

they sound great, would expect it too with that price, no doubt a good investment though

think i might check out that new-ish Dethklok album by the way, used to love watching metalocalypse and listening to the dethalbum

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    they sound great, would expect it too with that price, no doubt a good investment though

think i might check out that new-ish Dethklok album by the way, used to love watching metalocalypse and listening to the dethalbum
    If you haven't listened to the second album too, then check that out as well. The second and third albums have more complex songwriting than the first album.

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Good luck with the hearing Ix, sorry to hear it but I'm going to definitely take your advice and try to look after my ears better. The new Deftones album is rather good though.

And a new Killswitch Engage album this year. Soooo keeennnnnnnnnn

Via Tapatalk

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Can't wait for new Killswitch either ^

But coming sooner is Soilwork's new album which sounds amazing and is getting great buzz from press. Sounds $#@!ing amazing in my opinion. Bring it on!

Click HERE for my Videos

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I think this is quite an underrated Slipknot song

24. Likes DeadCrow likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post

But coming sooner is Soilwork's new album which sounds amazing and is getting great buzz from press. Sounds $#@!ing amazing in my opinion. Bring it on!
    Yep, love Soilwork, every album so far has been different but awesome.

That's a day 1 from me as well

Apprentice

I'm a big KsE fan, but I don't think I'm getting their new album. Ever since Howard took over, I've gotten so use to his voice that i can't really listen to them without him being vocals. Don't get me wrong, Jesse is awesome vocalist and their new single is heavy, but I can't listen to them. It feels weird.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    I'm a big KsE fan, but I don't think I'm getting their new album. Ever since Howard took over, I've gotten so use to his voice that i can't really listen to them without him being vocals. Don't get me wrong, Jesse is awesome vocalist and their new single is heavy, but I can't listen to them. It feels weird.
    I thought the exact same at first hearing Jesse's vocals again after so long but after a few listens I've gotten super excited about new KSE again. Still though that's not out until April so I'm more focused on new Soilwork and Amaranthe first

The new album sounds like a contender for Album of the year even from the brief snippets. This vid makes me wet.

Click HERE for my Videos

Apprentice
    I thought the exact same at first hearing Jesse's vocals again after so long but after a few listens I've gotten super excited about new KSE again. Still though that's not out until April so I'm more focused on new Soilwork and Amaranthe first

The new album sounds like a contender for Album of the year even from the brief snippets. This vid makes me wet.
    I may change my mind, if I able to hear the entire album before it comes out, I'll think about getting it. Personally for me KsE best album is As Daylight Dies.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Really? Better than End of Heartache?

For me it goes:
    End of Heartache
    As Daylight Dies
    Killswitch Engage 2009
    Alive or Just Breathing

Click HERE for my Videos

Thread Information