Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon2005 View Post
    I like Disturbed's Asylum album. I admit that it had to grow on me though, but it only took a couple plays. I was able to catch the Rockstar Uproar Festival and that was amazing, A7X and Disturbed put on a hell of a show.
    I wanted to go to Uproar but it was like 500 miles away was the closest show. Didn't have the money to go. I say A7X twice and would die to go again. Best live performance I have ever seen and I have seen some great bands. As for Asylum there was some songs on it but I didn't really care for it all that much. As you said though, I might just need to try it out a couple more times. I know I hated Bullet for My Valentine- Fever album at first but it grew on me like Scream Aim Fire did. Scream Aim Fire didn't take as much though. Poison on the other hand was instant for me. Love that album.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Sage
    I saw BFMV at Download 2010 and I grew much more love for the newer albums after seeing some songs live from them.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    In my opinion this years mainstream metal: boring. Thats how I found BFMV, Disturbed, A7X etc. They brought nothing new to the table.

Learn to do signatures here

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    In my opinion this years mainstream metal: boring. Thats how I found BFMV, Disturbed, A7X etc. They brought nothing new to the table.
    There wasn't much innovation on that end for sure. Bullet went balls out on there first album and I don't think they can match that if they tried. A7X were kind of in a weird pattern with their album. Some stuff from the Rev, some stuff from Shadows and Syn. As for Disturbed they have pretty much sounded the same for the last 3 albums but this one was changed up a little. Overall though it wasn't nothing new in that department.

BTW spyrde- The New Sig= ****ing Awesome!!!!

The Marvelous One
    Saw Megadeth during their RIP tour when they came to Memphis. Dave is still THE man. Also the Big 4 was pretty cool, I just wish they would stop being ******s and do a real US tour.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Big 4?

Apprentice
    White Wizzard, check them out. American Heavy Metal. relesed their first album "Over the Top" in 2010. It's pretty solid, plus the vocalist got the traditional higher pitched vocals and can really wail...Plus, he just rejoined the band...

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannicide View Post
    White Wizzard, check them out. American Heavy Metal. relesed their first album "Over the Top" in 2010. It's pretty solid, plus the vocalist got the traditional higher pitched vocals and can really wail...Plus, he just rejoined the band...

Killer find man! Awesome music video. So glad to see people are still making an effort to make legit old school metal. Over the Top is a perfect descriptor hehehe

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Big 4?

Are you serious? The biggest thing in metal last year, in years actually.

Apprentice
    I should add that that vocalist in the WW video is the guy that returned. There is a track on youtube called "Shooting Star" that was a Dio tribute done with the replacement vocalist...they've gone through major lineup changes.

Glad you like it dude!

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJordan View Post
    Are you serious? The biggest thing in metal last year, in years actually.

Ok though it was a new band! stupid me. its minus Metallica this year right?

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannicide View Post

Not bad. Definitely got that old school vibe. With that style of vocals, I still prefer me some Three Inches of Blood, though.

The Marvelous One
    Ok though it was a new band! stupid me. its minus Metallica this year right?
    ha they're doing 2 shows in California, which is a joke.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    ha they're doing 2 shows in California, which is a joke.
    Naturally California gets all the attention. I tell you it sucks living in Louisiana if you are a metal fan. Most metal bands skip right past Louisiana and go straight from Texas to Georgia. Plus we have no metal stations in the southeastern part of the state. Hell not even hard rock!

I heard them talking about the Anthrax,Megadeth, and Slayer tour on Octane. So there is only going to be 2 shows with Metallica or is that the only shows the 3 of them are going to do. I think it's called the Unholy Union tour could be wrong. Might have been another tour I was thinking about.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    This particular song isn't exactly metal, but the Between the Buried and Me frontman Tommy Rogers released a solo album under the pseudonym Thomas Giles called Pulse. The videos isn't that impressive, but the music is. And look forward to a BTBAM EP sometime in '11!

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

The Marvelous One
    Naturally California gets all the attention. I tell you it sucks living in Louisiana if you are a metal fan. Most metal bands skip right past Louisiana and go straight from Texas to Georgia. Plus we have no metal stations in the southeastern part of the state. Hell not even hard rock!

I heard them talking about the Anthrax,Megadeth, and Slayer tour on Octane. So there is only going to be 2 shows with Metallica or is that the only shows the 3 of them are going to do. I think it's called the Unholy Union tour could be wrong. Might have been another tour I was thinking about.

yeah I know what you mean. I live near Memphis, and most bands (not just metal) skip right past and go straight to Nashville. Luckily Megadeth stopped by last March and I got to see them.

I've heard of the other 2, but I'm sure that Metallica is just gonna link up with them for the 2 California show.

Apprentice
    yeah I know what you mean. I live near Memphis, and most bands (not just metal) skip right past and go straight to Nashville. Luckily Megadeth stopped by last March and I got to see them.

I've heard of the other 2, but I'm sure that Metallica is just gonna link up with them for the 2 California show.
    at least you guys get metal bands playing where you are, i live in a small town in BC full of hippies, hipsters and rednecks, the only bands that come here is gay techno and country, although nazareth comes once on awhile and so does BCDC(coverband)
    im trying to bring metal to this place but its like growing a hitler mustache in jerusalum, generally frowned upon.
    the best album this year is either nifelvind(finntroll) or burial ground(grave)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by daver72 View Post
    at least you guys get metal bands playing where you are, i live in a small town in BC full of hippies, hipsters and rednecks, the only bands that come here is gay techno and country, although nazareth comes once on awhile and so does BCDC(coverband)
    im trying to bring metal to this place but its like growing a hitler mustache in jerusalum, generally frowned upon.
    the best album this year is either nifelvind(finntroll) or burial ground(grave)
    Know what you mean. That is not just there though. Only places that are culturally diverse in music, heritage, and races really only accept just about any music. Here it's either Lady ****ing GaGa or Kenney Chesney or GTFO. Really aggravates the hell out of me. You get looked at wrong for listening to something that actually takes more than 5 minutes at the drawing board to make.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Had to revive the thread to introduce the forums to Between the Buried and Me's new EP Parallax: Hypersleep.

The whole thing is up on youtube, but i highly suggest you buy this EP. they are the most original metal band producing music. Here is a sample, but again I emphasize. BUY THEIR **** AND SUPPORT THE ARTS

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Had to revive the thread to introduce the forums to Between the Buried and Me's new EP Parallax: Hypersleep.

The whole thing is up on youtube, but i highly suggest you buy this EP. they are the most original metal band producing music. Here is a sample, but again I emphasize. BUY THEIR **** AND SUPPORT THE ARTS

This is some epic ****! The vocals of BTBAM is a little too heavy for my style but their music is unbelievable. Very good progressive metal. As I said though the vocals are an acquired taste and I just can't get into it. I wish I could but just can't for the most part. Musically though, NICE!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    This is some epic ****! The vocals of BTBAM is a little too heavy for my style but their music is unbelievable. Very good progressive metal. As I said though the vocals are an acquired taste and I just can't get into it. I wish I could but just can't for the most part. Musically though, NICE!
    I will agree it is an aquired taste, but i think it adds to the music. Tommy keeps doing more and more interesting things with his clear vocals and the gutteral parts are stronger every album. He is one of the most dynamic hardcore singers because of that.

Forum Guru
    My birthday is in 9 days and my kids (aka my wife) are getting me BTBAM's new album. So I haven't listened to it yet.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    My birthday is in 9 days and my kids (aka my wife) are getting me BTBAM's new album. So I haven't listened to it yet.
    Its not quite an album per se. An EP, but it is 30 min long. Unless you were talking about Great Misdirect. Either way, you won't be disapointed. The New EP is their best work yet. Def not to start listening to as your first BTBAM album. very complex and mired in classic BTBAM sound. BTW your wife and kids are awesome for getting you such a gift, my gf hates my taste in music and wouldn't get me any metal albums.

IDK if someone might change the thread title because we have moved well past 2010 metal. Something just like The Metal Thread or Metalheads Unite!
    Last edited by btbam; 04-16-2011 at 04:02.

Forum Guru
    No, def not my first BTBAM album. I have all of them. I pretty much like each one better as they go along, with Colors and The Great Misdirect probably being a tie. I have heard some bits and pieces of the new EP and it is indeed quite good.

I just told my wife to take my kids and buy me the CD because they were asking me what I wanted. My kids are 5 and 3 so they need help. Although, they do like BTBAM and other metal. I'll play it in the car and they'll do air guitar, head bang and air drum. One day I was playing some rap and my older kid goes "Dad, I want to listen to the music that goes..." and he air guitared and made a soloing sound and followed by a nice death metal scream. I was quite proud, and laughed my *** off....then put Colors on.
    Last edited by R_Mac_1; 04-16-2011 at 18:36.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Damn find kids you got there man. I'd love to see a 5 year old death metal scream lol. The future of metal is in good hands.

Thread Information