Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Damn find kids you got there man. I'd love to see a 5 year old death metal scream lol. The future of metal is in good hands.
    I don't have kids but I have a little nephew that I helped raise and I taught him to head bang when he was about 1 1/2 years old! Now anytime that he is riding with me and I have Hard Rock or Metal on he will tell me "Dance Kyle." then he starts banging his head. Not violently though, taught him the slow one.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Most of the Metal last year really didn't catch my eye honestly. The last album I really enjoyed was Samael's 09 release and I'm looking forward to Lux Mondi as well.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Superior Member
    I like to be different in every way. I date metal heads and live on sex, drugs, RnR. The best band of 2010 has to be Hardcore Superstar. Their newest album is titled Split Your Lip which was released late 2010. The best song imo was moonshine but all but 2 or 3 songs would make you bang your head. As far as killer riffs go then their album Dreamin' in a casket will blow your brains out. Their best album imo is their self titled album. Just check them out and tell me what you think.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidEsquire View Post
    I like to be different in every way. I date metal heads and live on sex, drugs, RnR. The best band of 2010 has to be Hardcore Superstar. Their newest album is titled Split Your Lip which was released late 2010. The best song imo was moonshine but all but 2 or 3 songs would make you bang your head. As far as killer riffs go then their album Dreamin' in a casket will blow your brains out. Their best album imo is their self titled album. Just check them out and tell me what you think.
    Just listened to 3 songs on youtube. Not a fan. But, to each his own.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Same here.

Superior Member
    I agree with to each his own. What songs did you listen to?

Forum Guru
    Silence for the Peacefully, We Don't Celebrate Sundays and Dreamin in a Casket. They all basically had the same elements to them. I don't like the vocals, nor the drumming, or much of the music.

Reminds me of a less talented Avenged Sevenfold. And I don't like them much, either.

Superior Member
    I dislike Avenged Sevenfold as well but if you want diverse sounding Hardcore Superstar listen to their songs Shame, Honey Tongue, and Moonshine. What bands do you like?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Between the Buried and Me, Porcupine Tree, Cynic, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Trivium, God Forbid, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation=greatest bands around

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Guru
    I listen to a lot of different stuff, including rap. But as far as rock/metal goes, I like stuff like Between the Buried and Me, August Burns Red, Despised Icon, Unearth, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, Animals as Leaders, Pantera, Tool, Chimaira, The Mars Volta, and thats about I can think of right now.

Superior Member
    I listen to a lot of different stuff, including rap. But as far as rock/metal goes, I like stuff like Between the Buried and Me, August Burns Red, Despised Icon, Unearth, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, Animals as Leaders, Pantera, Tool, Chimaira, The Mars Volta, and thats about I can think of right now.
    So you like Thrash Metal. That is why Hardcore Superstar doesn't suit you. The only song that you may like is Into Debauchery but thats it. We don't agree on metal because I prefer sleaze metal.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidEsquire View Post
    So you like Thrash Metal. That is why Hardcore Superstar doesn't suit you. The only song that you may like is Into Debauchery but thats it. We don't agree on metal because I prefer sleaze metal.
    Many of those bands really aren't thrash metal.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    This is some epic ****! The vocals of BTBAM is a little too heavy for my style but their music is unbelievable. Very good progressive metal. As I said though the vocals are an acquired taste and I just can't get into it. I wish I could but just can't for the most part. Musically though, NICE!
    You listen to any Protest the Hero? Also sweet music, just with softer vocals.

Another band that I like a lot that I forgot to list is The Human Abstract. Their first album was awesome (with the vocals being my least favorite part). Their second album sucked, but their new album Digital Veil is pretty sweet. They got a new vocalist, whom I think is better. It's not a ridiculously full of guitar sweeps and shredding like Nocturne was, but it's still good.
    Last edited by R_Mac_1; 04-19-2011 at 04:02.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    You listen to any Protest the Hero? Also sweet music, just with softer vocals.

Another band that I like a lot that I forgot to list is The Human Abstract. Their first album was awesome (with the vocals being my least favorite part). Their second album sucked, but their new album Digital Veil is pretty sweet. They got a new vocalist, whom I think is better. It's not a ridiculously full of guitar sweeps and shredding like Nocturne was, but it's still good.
    Yes, I just recently got into Protest the Hero and I love them. I heard C'est la Vie and I was hooked. I love progressive metal but when it comes to the hardcore vocals like in BTBAM just doesn't really appeal. As I said though BTBAM's music is amazing. I can respect it but don't really enjoy the heavy vocals. The only thing about it is that some heavy vocals I really like. Like Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Killswitch, Trivium, Children of Bodom(Somewhat), Devildriver, and more I really like the heavy vocals. Some don't, never really understood what it is that I like about some and not the others.

As for Human Abstract, I've never listened to them but I have heard good things. I will have to check them out later.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Yes, I just recently got into Protest the Hero and I love them. I heard C'est la Vie and I was hooked. I love progressive metal but when it comes to the hardcore vocals like in BTBAM just doesn't really appeal. As I said though BTBAM's music is amazing. I can respect it but don't really enjoy the heavy vocals. The only thing about it is that some heavy vocals I really like. Like Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Killswitch, Trivium, Children of Bodom(Somewhat), Devildriver, and more I really like the heavy vocals. Some don't, never really understood what it is that I like about some and not the others.

As for Human Abstract, I've never listened to them but I have heard good things. I will have to check them out later.
    Years ago i wasn't a fan either, but i got over it and began to appricate the deminsion it could add to the music. It adds a specific texture and tone to the music you can't get with clean vocals.

Forum Guru

The Human Abstract is very good, but they use a lot of heavy vocals as well, so it may not be for you. But, if you like technical guitar stuff (like...tons of sweeps and whatnot) listen to the album Nocturne. Their new album Digital Veil has more structure to it, but it still has a lot of technically challenging stuff. I think the reason their second album was a letdown is because one of their guitarists, whom I believe did most of the writing, left the band to go to USC music school. He's back in the band for the 3rd album.

Both singers use a combination of clean vocals and heavy vocals. Their original singer just had something to his voice that turned me off just a bit. Not enough to dislike the album, though. I listened to it A LOT.
    Last edited by R_Mac_1; 04-19-2011 at 05:10.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    The Human Abstract is very good, but they use a lot of heavy vocals as well, so it may not be for you. But, if you like technical guitar stuff (like...tons of sweeps and whatnot) listen to the album Nocturne. Their new album Digital Veil has more structure to it, but it still has a lot of technically challenging stuff. I think the reason their second album was a letdown is because one of their guitarists, whom I believe did most of the writing, left the band to go to USC music school. He's back in the band for the 3rd album.

Both singers use a combination of clean vocals and heavy vocals. Their original singer just had something to his voice that turned me off just a bit. Not enough to dislike the album, though. I listened to it A LOT.
    Never got into human abstract oddly enough because of the vocals. when the singer uses the gutteral vocals he sounds very unoriginal. Pretty much like ever other screamer out there. I want someone to sound unique and do unique things with their voice and he doesn't incorporate any interesting patterns and isn't that powerful of a screamer. and the clean vocals are off putting cus cus he has this sort of slacker teenager quality to it. The singers i like sound unique in every aspect, like i could hear something for the first time and know exactly who it is. Why i love Tommy from BTBAM. Why i love Akerfeldt of Opeth. Nobody sounds like they do.

Forum Guru
    I just listened to the new Born of Osiris album "The Discovery". It's pretty sweet. I think I'm going to be rocking that for a few days here.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Anyone know of some new Scandinavian power/progressive metal bands? Really in the mood for some ridiculously high notes

Click HERE for my Videos

Superior Member
    this forum contains all metal and most bands that fit into that genre. You did not discover it from me but here it is http://glamnsleaze.forumsmusic.com/forum (this is a download site)

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    oh yes, haven't you guys heard. check it out. It's been a long time since Soulfly came out with some goodness and this album did it.

Soulfly - Rise of the fallen

http://youtu.be/XI7TUkkTBAg

I still like the older stuff a lot better. but Soulfly is right up there even in 2010

Ministry - Jesus built my Hotrod (Motorstorm soundtrack)

http://youtu.be/lspjLG9nHXk

Ministry TVII - TV2

http://youtu.be/XSEYGsk6KTM
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 04-22-2011 at 16:59.

Forum Guru
    btbam, if you haven't yet, you should give The Human Abstract's new album Digital Veil a listen. Their new singer is a big improvement over the former, IMO. Better screams and not whiny like the other was.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    btbam, if you haven't yet, you should give The Human Abstract's new album Digital Veil a listen. Their new singer is a big improvement over the former, IMO. Better screams and not whiny like the other was.
    Yeah I listened to them as well great band. But much like BTBAM, the vocals don't appeal to me. I know they are kind of main stream but I really like Asking Alexandria. I'm sure you and btbam prolly don't care for them that much.Vocal wise one thing they do just doesn't appeal to me at all. The death growl is something I still to this day can't stand. They do it a good bit.

Another pretty good band I found that have heavy vocals that I like. Have you ever heard of them?

Also these guys I really like.

Superior Member
    Yeah I listened to them as well great band. But much like BTBAM, the vocals don't appeal to me. I know they are kind of main stream but I really like Asking Alexandria. I'm sure you and btbam prolly don't care for them that much.Vocal wise one thing they do just doesn't appeal to me at all. The death growl is something I still to this day can't stand. They do it a good bit.

Another pretty good band I found that have heavy vocals that I like. Have you ever heard of them?

Also these guys I really like.

I can name several bands that the 2nd one should be thanking because they are so much alike. The 1st one I think is just untalented screaming IMO.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Blah, I am liken my local bands such as..

lmfao

Thread Information