Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Need to get this out. Devin Townsend Project's album Deconstruction will be out on Jun 20th. Someone (this guy) might have listend to the leak version on youtube allready. I don't feel too guilty cus i already pre-ordered it. But let me tell you this. Some of the BEST metal i have EVER heard! Truly Devin's Magnum Opus. Deconstruction will not disapoint, I promise you that. I highly suggest you people preorder it. rought 2.5 weeks away till i get my copy in my hand. i cannot wait.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Superior Member
    Guess who is going to a concert on Tuesday. This guy. I'm going to see Vains of Jenna but they are playing with Super Bob and Blowtorch Circumsicion. Does anyone listen to any of these three bands?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    1 las update on Devin Townsend Project. Devin released Deconstruction and Ghost yesterday: Both are phenominal. Deconstruction is prob one of the best Metal albums to be released in many years. Its got a super star line up of guest musicians lending their vocals ranging from GWAR to Opeth to CYNIC or Emperor. This is a Metal fans album. Ghost in contrast in very beautiful and might not be pleasing to many metal heads, but being a huge fan of progressive rock as well, i enjoyed Ghost qute a bit. I've included a couple song samples so you guys can hear some of this epic album. These are two of the more straight metal songs, but i highly suggest the entire album, you won't be disapointed.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    The Frozen Tears of Angels <3
    Frozen!

Critical Mass
    Last edited by lordAlucard; 06-26-2011 at 03:25.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    i never could get into rhapsody of fire much. Idk why really, i like symphony x, and they are pretty similar.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Sorry for the Double Post! just trying to keep people informed on some new metal up ahead.

Opeth is releasing new album Heritage on sept. 20th
    !

I've been a long time Opeth fan, at least since Blackwater Park. Their previous endavor was somewhat disapointing for me, so i'm looking forward to a solid performance from them. I think Akerfeldt got too caught up trying to emulate a musical hero of his that he failed badly at it. So with that past him and Steven Wilson behind the mixing board, i believe this album has great potential. Supposedly, there will be no brutal vocals on this album so its going to be interesting if Akerfeldt can create enough interesting vocal patterns in an album since he hasn't had to do a pure clean album in a while. From the preview released by the lable up above, i think i'm going to like this album tremendously
    Last edited by btbam; 08-31-2011 at 03:39.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    New Metal update folks. The band is called Soen. Featuring the insane talents of Martin Lopez and Steve Digiorgio, the band is set to release its debut album Congnitive. This band has two unfortunate circumstances working against them. Firstly, having such huge names, the band will be scrutinized fiercely. Secondly, the fact that they sound a lot like Tool. Not every song does, but there are times when the listner wouldn't know the difference. Personally i don't care that they sound like Tool. Many bands have tried to replicate their sound before with no success. The main difference here is the musicians involved in this project are some of the best around. Digiorgio is probably the fretless out there and Lopez is my personal favorite drummer. Check em out! you won't be disapointed.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    they sound a lot like Tool.

Tool is my favorite band. I'll give these guys a listen soon. Whenever someone recommends me a band that supposedly sounds like Tool, I'm always disappointed though.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

Tool is my favorite band. I'll give these guys a listen soon. Whenever someone recommends me a band that supposedly sounds like Tool, I'm always disappointed though.
    The label posted a promo video. This one realy sounds like Tool, but they are more diverse the album at large.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The label posted a promo video. This one realy sounds like Tool, but they are more diverse the album at large.

Sounded a lot like Tool, and even had similar artwork, but they're not as good obviously. At least going by that song.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    well, here is 2012 and AMERICAN HEAD CHARGE is back.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    btbam, would you like to change this to the Best Metal of 2011 thread, or perhaps just the official metal thread?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    btbam, would you like to change this to the Best Metal of 2011 thread, or perhaps just the official metal thread?
    Considering it's 2012 the official metal thread would be splendid \m/.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You got it. I put Metal in caps, cause I feel that's more....metal.

Let me know if you want it normal though.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    To be the official metal thread it should prob have some chrome and horns and beer bottles everywhere but caplocks are very metal haha

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    How have I not found this thread before (although the caps did help lol) I haven't kept up with any new stuff lately. Although I do gotta say, as much as I love Hellyeah and will be pumped up to hear the new album and see them live again, I miss Mudvayne! I was pissed when they released The New Game (pretty good album, but the weakest released yet IMO), toured, then released the self titled album, and then broke away to do Hellyeah! After hearing the album, I wanted to see them play that $#@! live, but it never happened. Oh well, what are you gonna do?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I actually will need some help with this thread. I generally like death metal and progressive stuff as well as old school stuff. So I generally post things about those types of bands. While I listen to all types, the stuff that gets me excited doesn't get everybody excited. So I hope someone who likes the extreme metal and hardcore stuff can help out. \m/

Now for an actual update. The band is called Suspyre. I've been following this band for a while now and they don't have a huge following. They've released 3 albums so far and each album shows progress in defining their style and talent. They are set to release a new album this year which you can hear songs from on their facebook or myspace page. From what I have heard it is the most complex and inspired album to date and has some killer vocals and great guitar work.
    Last edited by btbam; 02-24-2012 at 17:04.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Since I'm seeing Opeth and Mastodon in April, I'm currently just going through the albums I haven't heard yet. For Opeth, I've only listened to Still Life, Blackwater Park, and Deliverance. Blackwater Park is definitely my favorite so far, and I'll probably just listen to all the proceeding albums in order. I'll get to their earlier Black Metal stuff at some point down the road.

As for Mastodon, I've only heard The Hunter and Crack The Skye. Both are very good albums and I'm just going backwards with them.

I also need to check out Ghost, who is opening for them. I heard they're pretty interesting and funny. lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Since I'm seeing Opeth and Mastodon in April, I'm currently just going through the albums I haven't heard yet. For Opeth, I've only listened to Still Life, Blackwater Park, and Deliverance. Blackwater Park is definitely my favorite so far, and I'll probably just listen to all the proceeding albums in order. I'll get to their earlier Black Metal stuff at some point down the road.

As for Mastodon, I've only heard The Hunter and Crack The Skye. Both are very good albums and I'm just going backwards with them.

I also need to check out Ghost, who is opening for them. I heard they're pretty interesting and funny. lol
    Still life is opeths best work IMO. They kinda go through phases. Orchid and morning rise are similar. My arms , your hearse is kinda a brindge between those two and still life and black water park. Ghost reveries and watershed are much more proggy and psychedelic. Really different sounds, but the same opeth style. I just like the jazzyinfusion in still life and black water park. As for mastodon, they get more heavy as you go back. Enjoy the concerts man, opeth is killer live.

Forum Guru
    I may as well contribute a bit since I haven't posted here in a while.

I suggest you guys check out Animals as Leaders new album Weightless. It's probably not quite as good as their first ST album, but it's still pretty amazing. I've probably posted about them before on here, but they're one of my favorite bands. The lead guitarist Tosin Abasi is amazing and it's pretty unique. Think instrumental progressive metal mixed with jazz with a dash of Meshuggah.

and some stuff from their ST album (when the band was still a solo project by Abasi)

I always try to tell people about this band because I think their albums are far too good to go unnoticed. Definitely worth checking out for anyone who appreciates music, not just metal.
    Last edited by R_Mac_1; 02-25-2012 at 09:54.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I love this band! I've heard a few songs by them and their guitarist shreds! Love the intro to the song as well.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    animals as leaders are pretty awesome rmac. I was really into em last year, but i've been fading away. Sometimes it seems they are more intersted in being really technical and insane than making music. still incredibly impressive, but i can only take bout 20 min of em before i get frustrated.

I was also curios on what people have as their favorite bands/songs/albums.

For me, the most perfect album in the world is Colors by Between the Buried and Me. Devin Townsend is my favorite band. and Moonlapse Vertigo by Opeth is my favorite song. I know its seems odd to have 3 separate answers because one would expect some overlap, but they are just amazing.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm still somewhat of a metal noob, so here are some typical answers, but my favorite metal bands right now would be:

Tool
    Metallica
    In Flames
    Rage Against The Machine

I can't say that any albums really stick out, but here are some songs I love from those bands:

"Lateralus" - Tool
    "Vicarious" - Tool
    "The Grudge" - Tool
    "Swim" - In Flames
    "Man Made God" - In Flames
    "Orion" - Metallica
    "To Live Is To Die" - Metallica
    "The Call Of Ktulu" - Metallica
    "For Whom The Bell Tolls" - Metallica
    "Calm Like A Bomb" - Rage Against The Machine
    "Wake Up" - Rage Against The Machine

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Like I said in an earlier post, I don't really keep up with much newer stuff. I mainly stick with the classics. Metallica, Pantera, Mudvayne, Iron Maiden, Hellyeah, Deftones, just to name a few.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I don't listen to metal music that much anymore, I always go through phases and right now it's drum and bass, dubstep and electro. I still listen to a few bands now but not as much as I did a few years ago.

Anyway I don't know if you could count all these as strictly 'metal' but some of my favourites are:

Metallica
    Machine Head
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Underneath the Gun
    As I Lay Dying
    Killswitch Engage
    UnderOath
    Parkway Drive
    Johnny Truant
    Shaped by Fate
    All That Remains
    Beneath the Massacre
    Viatrophy
    Iron Maiden
    Architects

This is one of my fav metal songs which is by Shaped by Fate, has a pretty sweet video too.

Another which gets me pumped is this song by Architects, the vocals are sick, especially just after the chorus!

and I can always get my rage on with this beast

Thread Information