Whats the catch here?

this tv looks too good to be true, can someone tell me if this is a good deal. will it be ideal to play the ps3 on. also i would apreciate it if somebody ould give me a sort of 'checklist' to what a good hd tv should have to play the ps3 on. thanks.

oh yeah nearly forgot, heres the link haha...

http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...TL3291RT&af=50

REFLEX
    It would help if you had a link or a make and model.

EDIT: I saw the link...

It would be fine.

Its not too good to be true. There are many HDTVs for that size and price range. Anything HD with HDMI will be good for the PS3. I saw with HDMI because if your going to get a new HDTV it might as well defenitly have HDMI functionality.

The resolution is good, basically 720p which is great.

This will do you fine. My suggestion would be shop around a bunch then make a final choice.

Forum Elder
    Good 720p resolution. nice. Dual HDMI. very nice. 2000:1 constrast? very nice indeed!

Man, only $500 for that thing? 30 inches? That's a good deal.

Keep shopping though, use this to fall back on and compare to other models
    Setup of a college gamer short on cash:
    20GB PS3 (with 160GB HDD), Acer 22" Monitor, Logitech Z-2300 speakers with harmon/kardon rear speakers connected to a Creative X-fi 5.1 card, Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel, and a ton of racing games with a few FPSes sprinkled in.

Super Elite
    Teco? And btw its 535.74.

good good think the fact that the actual brand isn't up to much will be a downfall?

Apprentice
    I have seen these types of tvs before on other sites. In a nushell, the picture quality is not as good as other top televisions. But you should expect this for the price. To me it does seem a good deal even if the picture quality will not be absoluely fablulous.

REFLEX
    Yeah thats about 1100 US dollars.

Anyway.... look around more. Ive never heard of this brand name before. That could mean nothing but in my experiences its better that you stick to larger brand names for good HDTVs.

HighPs3
    Probably has a low grade display.

All the specs seem fine but you can put anything you want to in specs now a days. I have NEVER even heard or seen that brand in the USA. If it has a good return policy i might go for it, otherwise I wouldnt gamble.

Low priced LCD TV's can have tons of problems, some unreturnable and unfixable. Missing Pixels being the biggest issue. Ghosting (says 14ms which is pretty low) on a Samsung I might say its okay but on a no name you're gambling. It says (8/6) so Im guessing its 8ms for G to G and 6 ms for ? Not really sure..

Overall if its the only thing you can afford give it a go just chech the return policy (restocking fee? ) and call up the company and ask them some general questions, see how long it takes to get through, etc...

Good luck. Specs are good, brand is questionable. Let us know if you get it!

Also head over here and do a search http://www.avsforum.com/

ok will do ... btw whats all this contrast ratio, basically the higher it is the better i know but does it actually make a difference and what is an ideal one.

REFLEX
    I also reccomend checking out the AVS forums.....

Anyway he is right. Just because the resolution is there doesnt mean the quality of the LCDs and screen are good. Youd have to be careful, usually with electronics the general rule of thumb is "you get what you pay for". Name brand is a big thing too because of the expectation of quality.

I couldnt be happier with my Sony 50" HDTV... but I also paid nearly 3000 dollars (Canadian) for it. Thats a chunk. I realize that not everyone has this kind of money (I wish I coulda spent more! heh), I saved up for a many months.

If your a bit strapped for cash, and want a smaller TV you can easily find good HDTVs for that price range you have. Go to the stores and check it out, take a few days here and there fishing around for the best deal.

Ask LOTS of questions.

Forum Elder
    O, i didn't see the pounds sign, I thought that price was USD Well, it's not AS good of a deal that I thought it was
    Setup of a college gamer short on cash:
    20GB PS3 (with 160GB HDD), Acer 22" Monitor, Logitech Z-2300 speakers with harmon/kardon rear speakers connected to a Creative X-fi 5.1 card, Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel, and a ton of racing games with a few FPSes sprinkled in.

lol what about contrast ratio ... does it matter? if so whats a good solid one to have.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The higher the contrast ratio the more vibrant the colours meaning that there are variant levels in black, the higher the contrast ratio then the deeper the black.

This is why SEDs touting 100,000:1 contrast ratio, imaging the clarity and colour variation of 100,000 from white to black including all colours displayed! If you've checked out LGs new technology, they have a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and the colours on that thing look stunning compared to anything I have ever seen in my life!

Superior Member
    I wouldn't buy that. Its 535 inc VAT. Then maybe another 30-40 for delivery. The main reason being, the first i've ever heard of Teco was when i clicked that link.

You're better off going with a known brand. I was going to buy a cheap HDTV, a Hyundai A321. I went to AVForums.com and read its entire 140 page thread. The main area of discussion was repairs. One person was on his fourth replacement TV.

I ended up paying 800 for a Samsung R7.

Master Guru
    There is a HDTV thread for this, and a Good TVs for the PS3 thread as well.

Thread Information