View Poll Results: What kind of games are you looking for?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portable versions of console games

1 100.00%
  • New IPs specifically for the PSP2

0 0%

Thread: PSP Games

Hybrid View

Forum Guru

PSP Games

So a lot of people have been criticizing Sony's PSP software lineup for being basically ports of the home console version. But, obviously in a video shown in another thread, all the fans want the PSP2 to have ports of the home console versions.

So, just once and for all, what exactly are you looking for in terms of the games for the PSP2? New IPs? Or Console games on the portable?

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Why not both?

Despite some complaining about Sony showing only console ports, there were some new IPs shown. There was Gravity Daze, Reality Fighters, Smart As, Broken and Little Deviants.

It's also not like the 3DS has been immune to getting a lot of console ports, nor has there been a lot of new IPs announced for it yet.

I think those complaining should reserve judgment until after E3(haven't really seen anyone on this forum complaining about it). The purpose of this meeting was to show off the hardware and what the PSP2 can do, they just happen to need some software to do so. What better games to show off what the PSP2 can do than the best looking games on the PS3?

Forum Guru
    Well the reason why not both is because most publishers are not dedicated to the resources required to do both. Also, doing both would feed both sides of the trolls. For example, with the PSP2 announcement where they basically showed half console portable games and half new IPs, and we have a bunch of people who are complaining that they want more console ports and a bunch of people who are complaining that it's all console ports.

I think maybe some sort of focus is a bit better. But obviously this is just me trying to spark a discussion. Which would people rather have?

P.S. Invisible Walls basically downplayed the PSP2 by making fun of its name, over-estimating the price, downplay all the tech or didn't mention some, and made a lot of pure guesses that they just assumed were true that put down the NGP. Followed that up with a hands on about how awesome the 3DS is. Anyways..just a warning before people watch.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I'm looking for both. A mix of variants on existing games and new developments have been a traditional mainstay on every successful handheld.

That said one of the things that made the 'ports' less desirable on the PSP was that we didn't have 2nd nub/stick for camera view movement - sure some of the games used shoulder buttons for this, but when limited to two shoulder buttons, this consumes them. I can't stand relying on the game char's movement to change my camera view.

You Big Dummy!
    Both
    Gold Medal, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup.

PS3:

Both.
    "HALF DEMON."
    "Half demon, half demon, half demon. I don't care because I'm strong, and I'm me."

"Anything's possible if you want it bad enough."

"I am who I am, and I'll do what I want to."

- Inuyasha

colonel fire
    who has a star wars battlefront renegade squadron psp uk lightsaber gamesaves

Daireui
    Of course, Both.

Thread Information