Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2030 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Out of frustration i summoned another player for the Smough & Ornstein fight yesterday.
    He was killed in 10 seconds - stab by Ornstein - staggered - smash by Smough - dead

I took down Orni and was killed by Smoughs AOE lightning nova :\

Summoned Solaire for the second try but the AI is just too stupid to evade Smoughs strikes - Solaire survived till Smough was in "Hypermode" then got owned by the AOE nova and i took him down alone.

So i still have only 7 sunlight medals but atleast i got Smoughs soul this time (killed Orni last on my first playthrough).
    The online play is the biggest problem in DkS, no coop in sight but if you revive to human you are invaded within 5 minutes

P.S. Giant Armor +5 rocks! It looks cool and its lighter then the Stonearmor and Havel's (and got better stats ofcourse). I don't know how good Havel's Armor is when upgraded but according to what i've read its not as good as the Giant Armor (only poise is superior).
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 10-25-2011 at 11:59.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Yeah I'm using the upgraded giants armour chest piece. easily the best armour in the game I've seen so far.

Wanna see if we can do co op? I can give you the last 3 sunlight medals you need

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Havel's armor and especially the shield are godlike gift for me. Only problem with the whole combination is that I need to use Havel's Ring. Otherwise I would use Ornsteins armor.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Havel's armor and especially the shield are godlike gift for me. Only problem with the whole combination is that I need to use Havel's Ring. Otherwise I would use Ornsteins armor.
    Ya. It's way too slow. Why I don't use it. Using a combo of black iron with lord armor

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Yeah I'm using the upgraded giants armour chest piece. easily the best armour in the game I've seen so far.

Wanna see if we can do co op? I can give you the last 3 sunlight medals you need
    Sure just add me on psn if you wan't (see trophycard for PSN id), i'd love some coop action.

P.s. is there any other use for the firekeeper souls? My flasks are at +7 and can't be reinforced further (at least atm).
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 10-25-2011 at 18:15.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Late to the party, as usual, but I finally got this game. The first boss-type thing surprised me with how soon it was thrown at my newb character, but once I got over the shock and got into 'boss' mentality it wasn't any more difficult than "Demon's Souls" first boss. I like the inclusion of green in this beginning of the game, grass and trees are a nice break from stone dungeons. I'm glad to see that crow-girl merchant make an appearance, too. So far it's not crushing me with its difficulty. The bonfire system, however, could become maddening later in the game - not at all as grounding as the Nexus system was. Enjoying it, but I'm still trying for my Platinum on "Demon's Souls" so I'm bouncing back & forth between the two.

Shut up and play games

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Shame on me for not utilzing the power of the crystal ring shield much sooner, this thing is a beast and dmg scales with your R Hand weapon. Its dishing out MAG damage of about 1300 upgraded to +5

I defeated the 4 kings without it - took several attempts because they ganged up on me a few times, in the end i made it with a sliver of health left. I received the 90K souls and *BAM* was hit by some pink projectiles -> DEAD
    Looks like one of the kings casted them shortly before i killed them, fortunately i just had to rush to the abyss from the firelink bonfire to get my stuff back but what a $#@!ish move

Created most of the other demon weapons yesterday, sadly almost all of them suck.

Tip for the "create best x weapon" trophies:
    You guys might already know this but the good old trick from demon's souls still works...
    The game DOES NOT save as long as you don't leave the Weapon upgrade window.
    For example you can upgrade the enchanted, occult, crystal and lightning weapons you find in the game - wait for the trophy to pop -> quit game via PS button, load your game and everything is like it was before the upgrades
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 10-26-2011 at 07:10.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    so has anyone else had a problem with the Anor Londo trophy? and i mean arriving there, i just noticed it never popped up for me. also got invaded, and apparently a jap can do a backstab while facing my front

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    so has anyone else had a problem with the Anor Londo trophy? and i mean arriving there, i just noticed it never popped up for me. also got invaded, and apparently a jap can do a backstab while facing my front
    ya is super lame. The only time i've died is when they other dude is lagging big time. I've had em stab air and then magically appear behind me. they should really keep this to regions. but i feel like thered be even fewer matches then.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Hmm had no problem with the Anor Londo trophy, poped right after i was brought there :\
    Are you on NG+ (maybe it'll trigger the second time...)?!

I think we all had teleport backstabs, the onlineplay is pretty bad atm.
    Don't know what kind of scythe one of my invaders had but my whole healthbar was gone after one backstab (must have made about 1800 dmg)

Made my way through the demon ruins and lost izalith yesterday (eat $#@! bed of chaos ) and got the last missing pyromancy from the pyro witch in the swamps for it - another trophy out of the way.
    Then i opened all the doors to priscilla in the painted world - still need to cut off her tail to get her dagger.

"Can't wait" to fight Seath again too, need to cut of the tail for the moonlight sword, this is going to suck.

Apprentice
    I finally made my way through those damn invisible pathways to fight Seath. The battle is fairlyneasy providing you wear the curse byte ring, and red seal keeper robes / armor. Great curse protection. I don't want to kill him until I chop of his tail for the sword, which is proving insanely difficult. He does a huge tail stomp whenever I go near it :-/Feels good to be slaying one of the 'main demons' so to speak, but sad because the game will be completed soon. Such a great game!

Elite Sage
    I wrote this on the other place so I thought why not just post this here too.

It's about the lore. So obvious spoilers.
    Last edited by Mael Duin; 10-27-2011 at 11:07.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I finally made my way through those damn invisible pathways to fight Seath. The battle is fairlyneasy providing you wear the curse byte ring, and red seal keeper robes / armor. Great curse protection. I don't want to kill him until I chop of his tail for the sword, which is proving insanely difficult. He does a huge tail stomp whenever I go near it :-/Feels good to be slaying one of the 'main demons' so to speak, but sad because the game will be completed soon. Such a great game!
    Yeah the fight itself isn't hard at all, its just annoying if you try to cut of his tail before you kill him.
    -he turns around pretty fast
    -his tail swipes hit hard
    -you need to hit the right spot to take off the tail
    -if you take it off while its in a wall you can't loot it
    etc. etc.

Everything just to troll us

I heard that if you lure him to the crystal and let him destroy it himself (with his crystal breath) you can reach his tail easier because he'll be stunned for a moment (he'll scream when you destroy it too but he'll be too far away)
    I hope this will buy me just enough time to chop it off

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Well I haven't been able to spend as much time playing Dark Soul's lately as I would like but I played a ton of it tonight and made a lot of good progress. I made it through Sen's Fortress, pretty easily actually, only died once. It helped that I kind of knew about all the traps already though, lol. Anyways, I made my way to the Iron Golem and then after defeating him I got to Anor Lando. I've done pretty well there so far. I made it to the second bonfire and so far I have done right up to the archers with the giant arrows.

Oh and I got invaded for the first time, at the worst moment might I add, lol. I had no flasks and I was actually on my way back to a bonfire and of course he invaded then and I bumped into him on my way back. He was a pyromancer and I wasn't using a shield with good fire resistance so he killed me pretty quickly since I couldn't use a flask. I got a few hits in though, so I was happy about that. I still love the game so much though, I just have other games I am trying to split my time in between so it's tough to play it as much as I want to.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    I know what you mean, gotta plat DkS before Uncharted 3 comes out

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    are the bosses in Anor Londo quite difficult? i again find myself sweating bullets about it. so i made Quelaag's furysword and am now human, and i'm just waiting at the gate, my luck i'll get invaded the minute i load my game

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Elite Sage
    Its the hardest boss to many. For example for me. Only boss I still haven't beat without help.
    So yeah, the boss is hard.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Its the hardest boss to many. For example for me. Only boss I still haven't beat without help.
    So yeah, the boss is hard.
    4 kings is pretty hard when you don't finish em off quick enough

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    4 kings is pretty hard when you don't finish em off quick enough
    Yeah, they are second hardest for me. Probably. Not sure to be honest, both 4kings and Pinky&Brain are for me the hardest, while Gwyn is third hardest.

The game will take between 60-100 hours to complete the first time around, depending on how good you are. There is no reports yet of anyone beating it under 60 hours. There is an absolute bucket load of re-playability, too much to mention here.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeah, they are second hardest for me. Probably. Not sure to be honest, both 4kings and Pinky&Brain are for me the hardest, while Gwyn is third hardest.

Those guys need to stop yelling. Yelling does not make what you say funnier.

I did have same reaction when first boss jumped up and hammered my face.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 10-28-2011 at 02:49.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    I just got to the gargoyles on the rooftop, trying to get to the bell (at least, I think that's where I'm headed). I died quickly. I've beat the first boss-thing with the big butt, the Black Knight guarding the Blue Tearstone Ring, the Taurus demon, and random big knights with massive clubs. The giant at the base of the Undead-burg tower with the metal club is too much for me. I'm not a fan of the 'ghost' redo, I like the way other players look in "Demon's Souls" better, they don't look as cheap/computerized. I like the designs of the enemies/bosses and the level layouts, but I'm still waiting for those hooks to dig into me the way they did with "Demon's Souls".

Shut up and play games

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    I didn't have a double-post glitch, I just wanted a buffer zone betweeen my post and all the following posts, for clarity.
    Last edited by Equinoqs; 10-28-2011 at 04:15. Reason: artistic expression

Shut up and play games

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    are the bosses in Anor Londo quite difficult? i again find myself sweating bullets about it. so i made Quelaag's furysword and am now human, and i'm just waiting at the gate, my luck i'll get invaded the minute i load my game
    Yeah I've heard they are very difficult. I am going to try to beat them tonight. I'll give it a few tries by myself but I do have a decent amount of humanties saved up that I can use if I need to summon someone. How do you like Quelaag's furyswoard so far? I was thinking about upgrading my Scimitar to that. Right now I've just been using the lightning spear.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOnyx View Post
    Yeah I've heard they are very difficult. I am going to try to beat them tonight. I'll give it a few tries by myself but I do have a decent amount of humanties saved up that I can use if I need to summon someone. How do you like Quelaag's furyswoard so far? I was thinking about upgrading my Scimitar to that. Right now I've just been using the lightning spear.
    Best way to beat Fatboy Slim: right out of the fog gate, wait a second and Lock onto Ornstein. he'll attax. doge or block and get a couple hit combo. Then *walk backwards while locked on. Eventually ornstein will be separated from smough and you can get another couple hits in. This way is cautious, but you can kill ornstein without a single hit which allows flasks for Fatboy's lame AoE lightning ass slam. Anther tip, Smough can be poisoned, but i wouldn't recomend it since you'll be hanging around forever for it to actually kill him. Always kill Smough last, super saiyan ornstein is way harder by comparison.

Thread Information