Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2939 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Moved to RPG section.
    ~dc
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Well that's a late response...
    Better late than never eh?

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Better late than never eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Apprentice
    So I have played through Dark Souls a few times and still having fun. I'm playing my favorite build so far at Soul Level ~63. Just as I got to Anor Londo I fight the first three Giants, and get stuck between the wall and the treasure chest!?!?!?!?! The thrust of the Giant pushed into this spot and now I can not get out. I run, jump with no success. I do not have a Homeward Bone either
    Is there anyone out there willing to invade my world (I am not hollowed) sometime tonight and kill me so I can restart at the last bonfire? I would hate to have to start over... I had some really good drops from Knights / Bosses. If you are willing please send me a PM or reply to this. I will probably be on tonight around 8pm EST. Thanks to anyone that can help
    PSN: JNUKEM

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Have any dungpies. Just poison yourself if you do. Or trytoinvade someone elese if yoh have cracked red orb and die on purpose.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Apprentice
    I can not use the Cracked Red Eye Orb. It isn't lit up (I guess I need to be closer to the bonfire). I do have dung pies but not enough to kill me I think. I will give it a shot though. Thanks for the reply.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by jnukem View Post
    I can not use the Cracked Red Eye Orb. It isn't lit up (I guess I need to be closer to the bonfire). I do have dung pies but not enough to kill me I think. I will give it a shot though. Thanks for the reply.

You might be stuck for goo. Distance from the bonfire doesnt impact summoning and invading but you cant summon and invade everywhere. You might be in a no summon zone. your gonna have to get creative I think. Dou you have symbol of aravice...something you can off yourself with

Apprentice
    Whew, I didn't realize I still had the Darksign. I lost all my souls but I had just leveled up so I didn't lose much. Thanks for the replies!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    ...i forgot about the darksign lol. It never leaves.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    So na did eventually get 1.5 patch right? Never saw ps+ promped it and forgot till now.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Picked this back up after a long hiatus. Was insanely lucky today, got summoned to invade someone by that cat in the forest - who was in the process of being invaded it seems. 5 mins later he glitches out or whatever, and I was gifted 888000 souls. Went from a 51 to an 81. was happy as $#@!.

Though that didnt last long, I spreaded it around where I thought I needed it.. and I still have trouble in that damn maze of a place called Sens Fortress... hate this place with a damn passion lol Hate that I need to get past it to be able to upgrade my uchigatana with lightning or fire (I'm assuming its past a door in Demon Ruins I cant access till after anor londo) >_>

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Picked this back up after a long hiatus. Was insanely lucky today, got summoned to invade someone by that cat in the forest - who was in the process of being invaded it seems. 5 mins later he glitches out or whatever, and I was gifted 888000 souls. Went from a 51 to an 81. was happy as $#@!.

Though that didnt last long, I spreaded it around where I thought I needed it.. and I still have trouble in that damn maze of a place called Sens Fortress... hate this place with a damn passion lol Hate that I need to get past it to be able to upgrade my uchigatana with lightning or fire (I'm assuming its past a door in Demon Ruins I cant access till after anor londo) >_>
    You really have to upgrade smart in this game. What are your stats, I might be able to massage them to be more efficient. Jumping up to 81 was a mistake honestly, you shouldve upgraded some armor and bought some stuff like humanity or pine reisen. Plus it's going to be impossible for you to summon or be summoned until after anor londo probably. You'll might get one everyonce in a while but overall you'll have to wait.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    You really have to upgrade smart in this game. What are your stats, I might be able to massage them to be more efficient. Jumping up to 81 was a mistake honestly, you shouldve upgraded some armor and bought some stuff like humanity or pine reisen. Plus it's going to be impossible for you to summon or be summoned until after anor londo probably. You'll might get one everyonce in a while but overall you'll have to wait.
    Even at my 51 I could never be summoned, or get summoned.. it never, ever happens. I cant even recall if i've been properly invaded, I use avina's ring to invade purely cause its such an easy place to farm - especially when you and another are invading another poor sap. So honestly I dont give a $#@! about multiplayer in this anymore, so I'm not about to stop upgrading myself in fear I wont be able to summon anyone - I've never been able too.

I plan to get an elemental based uchigatana so I read going passed 30 Dex was a waste, so I capped it at 30. Got my attunement to 19 so I can have more pyro spells, upgraded the pyro glove to +5, bought iron flesh and combustion, upgraded faith to 20 hoping that up my heal spell. And some other stats, and stocked up on some supplies.

other then that theres not much I could do, since all the armours I want to switch to and eventually upgrade require Twinkling Titanite, which can only be bought from giant blacksmith.. which means through sens fortress, and I wasnt about to farm things while holding 100k+ souls on me. lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Even at my 51 I could never be summoned, or get summoned.. it never, ever happens. I cant even recall if i've been properly invaded, I use avina's ring to invade purely cause its such an easy place to farm - especially when you and another are invading another poor sap. So honestly I dont give a $#@! about multiplayer in this anymore, so I'm not about to stop upgrading myself in fear I wont be able to summon anyone - I've never been able too.

I plan to get an elemental based uchigatana so I read going passed 30 Dex was a waste, so I capped it at 30. Got my attunement to 19 so I can have more pyro spells, upgraded the pyro glove to +5, bought iron flesh and combustion, upgraded faith to 20 hoping that up my heal spell. And some other stats, and stocked up on some supplies.

other then that theres not much I could do, since all the armours I want to switch to and eventually upgrade require Twinkling Titanite, which can only be bought from giant blacksmith.. which means through sens fortress, and I wasnt about to farm things while holding 100k+ souls on me. lol
    Even 51 was a bit high. I think the summon threshold for biggie smalls is 45 to 55. If your in that range you can get summoned fast. I am with sun bros through and through so jolly cooperation is my main style. I usually kill a boss 5 or so times before leaving the area even. Plus it's fun if you get summoned by a gravelord servent cus you'll get invaded tons.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Leveled up a bit, and I get invaded more then anything. In human form in anor lando I seen quite a few summong signs, but I can never get summoned myself. So I've been playing, killing bosses, and getting some decent PvE $#@!. But now I need an opinion, and to ask a question.

First up, the question: How the hell do you upgrade the Black Knight Shield? Wiki says you can upgrade it but I cant find out where or how. By this point I took it to everyone I could, except vamos, and noone would even show it was possible to upgrade.

Next up, need an opinion:
    Now, my current armour is:
    Gold-Hemmed Black Hood
    Giant Armor +4
    Tattered Cloth Manchette
    Blood-Stained Skirt +6

I want to update my armour, is the following decent for PvE and in the end better?
    Mask of the Mother <15% HP would be very helpful
    Paladin Armor +5
    Tattered Cloth Manchette +10
    Blood-Stained Skirt +10

Lot of work to get it to that point, but I need to stay 39 or below since I am contemplating using the ring of favor and protection. Is that ring with it, since you cant remove it? or am I better off continuing to use havel's ring?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:

PSN

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Leveled up a bit, and I get invaded more then anything. In human form in anor lando I seen quite a few summong signs, but I can never get summoned myself. So I've been playing, killing bosses, and getting some decent PvE $#@!. But now I need an opinion, and to ask a question.

First up, the question: How the hell do you upgrade the Black Knight Shield? Wiki says you can upgrade it but I cant find out where or how. By this point I took it to everyone I could, except vamos, and noone would even show it was possible to upgrade.

Gold-Hemmed Black Hood
    Giant Armor +4
    Tattered Cloth Manchette
    Blood-Stained Skirt +6

I want to update my armour, is the following decent for PvE and in the end better?
    Paladin Armor +5
    Blood-Stained Skirt +10

Lot of work to get it to that point, but I need to stay 39 or below since I am contemplating using the ring of favor and protection. Is that ring with it, since you cant remove it? or am I better off continuing to use havel's ring?
    Havels ring is the best hands down. Black knight shield, twinkling titanite, and I think the Giant blacksmith is the only one who can do it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash

Gold-Hemmed Black Hood
    Giant Armor +4
    Tattered Cloth Manchette
    Blood-Stained Skirt +6

Paladin Armor +5
    Blood-Stained Skirt +10

You need to be light and fast for pvp melée style. Keep encuberence below 50 and have the wood grain ring so you can do ninja flips. All melée people use that so with out it you can't hit anybody and they will just back stab you making the helath worthless. My suggestion, grass crest shield on your back for the stamina regen or mask of the child for stamina regen.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Dark souls dlc coming to consoles this winter alson on steam

Miqo'te Bard
    Ok so the DLC hits the PS3 today. Anyone pick it up? I am tempted to and to start a new char, but Ill be lazy and roll back the patches to lvl up really quick then go to normal.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Ok so the DLC hits the PS3 today. Anyone pick it up? I am tempted to and to start a new char, but Ill be lazy and roll back the patches to lvl up really quick then go to normal.
    patch was today DLC is tomorrow. Technically you should be able to lvl up quicker now i forget which patch it was but enemies/bosses drop more souls. But yes i will get it. I got my 120 Str. pure which is a bamf at pvp and my faith chracter which is kinda 2 parts str/end build 1 pt. faith.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I sure as hell will get the DLC. Also can't wait to try out the arena mode.

@bbtam: Both the patch and the DLC are available as of right now.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Just finished up the DLC it takes 4-5 hrs for me. Maybe longer if you a whimp. Anywho, ITS AMAZING. There is a moment near the end i won't spoil. I $#@! you not coolest moment in gamaing i have had.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Dark Wood Grain Ring weight limit down to 25%

I need to finish this game already. I'm in New Londo all I have left is 4 Kings, Bed of Chaos, and Gwyn.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Would like to get this but eh I dunno. Seems overpriced for just a few hours worth of content and none of the weapons/magic seem to go with my characters. And whilst the PVP arena is interesting it doesn't actually solve any of the huge problems PVP actually has does it? Unless it allows you to block out people from Japan/China/Korea/wherever

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Dark Wood Grain Ring weight limit down to 25%

I need to finish this game already. I'm in New Londo all I have left is 4 Kings, Bed of Chaos, and Gwyn.
    Want some help? I haven't played in ages

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Man, I feel glorious. I walked into the new DLC not knowing what to expect when I was instantly greeted by the first boss (a cat hybrid thingy).

However, it was no match for my crystal magic build that took it out in a few hits. I'm having lots of fun invading the subsequent area (Royal Woods) because there are just so many players online at the moment.

I pissed myself though when I saw how this giant dragon took out a whole party in front of my eyes. No way I'm going near that thing anytime soon.

Thread Information