Latest PSU headlines:

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3040

PSN ID
    BLITZKRIEG1070
    I have bought two already and cannot play online, I guess I have to break down and buy a new one.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Want some help? I haven't played in ages
    I've been doing my first play through without summoning anyone. Should have finished long ago but then Fifa came out lol.

I'll definitely be doing some jolly cooperation on NG+.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Would like to get this but eh I dunno. Seems overpriced for just a few hours worth of content and none of the weapons/magic seem to go with my characters. And whilst the PVP arena is interesting it doesn't actually solve any of the huge problems PVP actually has does it? Unless it allows you to block out people from Japan/China/Korea/wherever
    It is sooo worth it. The lore is great in this, it really answers a ton of questions you may have about artorias/sif/the nature of the abyss, Plus its really challenging. I played first time through lvl 120 on NG++ it kicked my but and i liked it. New enemy moves, new timing, new attacks you have to figure out and the bosses are top knotch. Every boss is incredible in this DLC.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    FFS Four Kings were a pain in the ass. Had a good run and killed them 5th try though. And I had to kill 5 of them, wtf?

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    FFS Four Kings were a pain in the ass. Had a good run and killed them 5th try though. And I had to kill 5 of them, wtf?
    If you are unlucky you will have to deal with up to 7 or more kings at once. They automatically spawn after a certain amount of time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    If you are unlucky you will have to deal with up to 7 or more kings at once. They automatically spawn after a certain amount of time.
    Yeah I knew that you have to basically tank them, and I did, but I would have expected the health bar of one King to be exactly 1/4th of the total bar. I ended up killing 4 and a half.

onto Lost Izalith!

Also, surviving long enough that you're facing 7 of them at once is probably a bigger challenge that just beating them lol.
    Last edited by Shibby; 10-28-2012 at 19:22.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    God I suck at this again lol. Been a while to went to carpa demon after trying to fig out where I left off and my old start of standing on top till he follows then jump down didn't work. He jump hit me and one shoted me lol. I'm in ng+. Ah well will have to learn patients all over again.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    God I suck at this again lol. Been a while to went to carpa demon after trying to fig out where I left off and my old start of standing on top till he follows then jump down didn't work. He jump hit me and one shoted me lol. I'm in ng+. Ah well will have to learn patients all over again.
    That will be a vitality issue then. You just need to raise it so you won't get one shotted. What is your sl and what is your vit?

Also shibby, no more than 4 kings spawn at a time. Technically it's set on an endless respawn to facilitate your damage output and boss health so like on NG+5 or something god help you but there will be no more than 4 at 1 time.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Just finished up the DLC it takes 4-5 hrs for me. Maybe longer if you a whimp. Anywho, ITS AMAZING. There is a moment near the end i won't spoil. I $#@! you not coolest moment in gamaing i have had.
    4-5 hours? The whole thing? That just sounds way too short. I know its DLC and all, but I was expecting the DLC to add several more hours of content. I don't know, I think I just got the wrong impression from it. The addition of Arenas looks cool though.

Has anything been done about backstabs? Not to sound like a scrub, but almost every PvP encounter I had in the game consisted of circling each other and fishing for backstabs. Not fun.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    4-5 hours? The whole thing? That just sounds way too short. I know its DLC and all, but I was expecting the DLC to add several more hours of content. I don't know, I think I just got the wrong impression from it. The addition of Arenas looks cool though.

Has anything been done about backstabs? Not to sound like a scrub, but almost every PvP encounter I had in the game consisted of circling each other and fishing for backstabs. Not fun.
    I consider myself to be a pretty advance player though. 5 hrs gets me from start through Ornstein and Smough. Essentially its 3 complete new areas (3.5 if you wanna get technical) and 4 bosses. So however long it will take you to get through that content. There are also treasures and random stuff i didn't go for, but you you go for everything it will take longer. It took me 5 hrs the first time but on my other characters it was faster 2-3 hrs. As for PvP. Its a little improved. They nerfed the Wood Grain ring so you have to be at 25% now instead of 50%. So there are many many less people doing flips and getting backstabs that way. Only major problem i see now is the glitchy lock in backstab where they get one when they aren't exactly behind you. Its annoying as hell but you can counter if you move effectively.

Apprentice
    The new content is worth every penny. It is rich in lore expansion.

Why is on line glitchy?

I'm playing Dark Souls (got the itch after reading about DSII) and the graphics are glitching. The waterfalls are blinking, the treasures that light up on the ground aren't lighting up at all. The summon signs are disappearing. Anyone experience this. It has been a while since I played. There was an update that was installed. Does playing on line have anything to do with it?

PSN ID
    hypernia1
    didnt like this game

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by JNukem_ View Post
    I'm playing Dark Souls (got the itch after reading about DSII) and the graphics are glitching. The waterfalls are blinking, the treasures that light up on the ground aren't lighting up at all. The summon signs are disappearing. Anyone experience this. It has been a while since I played. There was an update that was installed. Does playing on line have anything to do with it?
    I think the graphics glitching may have been From Software's weird way of improving the frame rate when a lot of particle effects are happening. When the frame rate is low, the it stop rendering the particles I thinnk. It is definitely annoying when you get shot by a soul arrow or dragon's breath with no idea of the attacks' location or range and stuff. I don't want this game to have better graphics. I just want to see all particle effects and all at 30fps or release a next gen version at least.

Thread Information