Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style

Making of Crash Bandicoot.

Great read. Seems like they put alot of effort into it.

http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/201...dicoot-part-1/

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Express
    I followed the page since the first part (they released a part every day). Really good read. I hope they'll continue doing those

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    tremblingwater
    That was a brilliant read. Thanks for sharing. All these years have gone by and ive just witnessed new discoveries about the game and what it was like during that time (i was quite young then). Not to mention how it all seems trivial now, from a technical standpoint, its all pretty amazing.

Um, feel free to add me on your PSN, just let me know you're from here.

Super Elite
    What a great read! I found it interesting how they mentioned the timing of Mario 64 as a two edged sword, and that people mistakingly thought they had copied the game.
    I always wondered about the wide range of expressions Crash had and the 'stretchable' Crash now explains everything.

I agree that in a lot of ways Mario 64 was the better game in terms of gameplay design, however, Crash has a much bigger spot in my heart, and the cartoony elements of Crash spoke to me a lot more than the Mario factory.

The Naughty Dog work ethic is indeed still alive today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Guru

Yep really great read, sad what happened to Crash later.

Apprentice
    was/is (still play them everyonce in a while) a great classic platformer game. mario 64 is at a whole 'nother level of game though

Veteran
    ND should reboot Crash if they ever get that IP back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    I'd love it if they made a new Crash game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ask through private message
    Awesome read! Imagine if we were all playing "Willy Wombat" instead of CB.

These guys really put in a lot of effort and work to bring us 4 fantastic games. It was really interesting reading all the technical mumbo jumbo that I didn't know anything about. I also liked the part about the boss flipping out and going to the shooting range. I agree with the sentiment that CB 2 was as good, if not better than Super Mario 64.

An interesting quote from the article "In the year that Crash Bandicoott released, only 74 Million games were sold across all platforms in the US – of which Crash accounted for nearly 5% of all games sold in the US. By 2010 – more than 200 Million games were sold, with the number one title, Call of Duty: Black Ops selling “only” 12 million copies in the US – about 6% of the total market. In some ways, adjusted for scale, Crash was as big then as Call of Duty is today."

I'm a big Crash Bandicoot fan, especially 1 - 3, CTR, Wrath of Cortex, and Twinsanity. I'm really hoping for a PS4 revival in 2016 considering it's the 20 year anniversary and a dude wore a CB shirt during PSExperience!

Thank you for sharing!
    Last edited by Chewbacca; 12-28-2015 at 05:03.

Thread Information