Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

Sudbury teen issues threat over video game network

A 16-year-old Greater Sudbury youth has been charged after threats were made to another teen over a video game network.

Greater Sudbury Police say the threats consisted of voice mail messages sent to a 14-year-old acquaintance.

The 16-year-old is charged with uttering threats and criminal harassment.

The 16-year-old youth cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act because he is too young.
    http://www.thesudburystar.com/Articl...aspx?e=2979601

2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeh lets see him back up all that trash talk now lol.

Seriously tho I am torn so Ill opt with the "whatever" attitude.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i am guessing this is xbl? i was about to say how dumb can you be to leave a voice threat...but his 16yrs old, he'll learn

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Has to be Xbl, PSN doesn't let you send voice messages.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    One side me of says: yeah, get this ****face, thinks he can talk **** when he's in with the other big cats in juve? Don't think so, that'll teach him.

The other side of me says: You really don't need to convict him, he's 16, youth at that age always have stupid crap to say. If I had a dollar for every threat towards me in high school, I'd be rich. They should just scare the **** out of him, take him to one of those prison programs like the scared straight program. He won't say a word ever again.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    This same kind of thing happened to a friend of mine. He didn't leave any threatening messages just something he said on game chat. Warcraft 3. The guy got all offended and called the cops and FBI showed up at every possible place he could be a couple days. He used one of those key words to get you on a government **** list. Pretty crazy but he didn't go to jail.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    This same kind of thing happened to a friend of mine. He didn't leave any threatening messages just something he said on game chat. Warcraft 3. The guy got all offended and called the cops and FBI showed up at every possible place he could be a couple days. He used one of those key words to get you on a government **** list. Pretty crazy but he didn't go to jail.

he said the "B" word didn't he? LOL

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    he said the "B" word didn't he? LOL
    Yes but it was taken extremely out of context. He was talking about aerial units in the game! LOL

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    this sums up why me and my buddy hate xbox live. the idiot children. and my bud is a diehard xbot

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Sage
    I got abusive messages over PSN, i'ma calling the cops.

I also used to see and been drag to those abusive words on chat. I'm playing a game on FB the Global Warfare, there are so many trash talks and even personal vendetta. You name it you can see it there. Adults not acting like adults. Teens most likely can absorb those things like trash talking with each other. Though there are set rules on using the chat box but rules are too broad to apply.

A friend of mine also tried and let some players be intimidated but unluckily he is trashing talk to an army reserve (a tough one). Saw his FB profile.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I can't believe people think Cyber-bullying is real. This is too much for me! lol!

Poor kid! Both of them!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Guru
    Nah, send him to jail. Interview him on video sobbing for his mummy and add it to each console as an un-skippable video on newly set up accounts. This could happen to you, don't be a d*ck online.

We need less nasal whining kids on XBL and PSN who think it's cool to spend their time online abusing people they don't know.

Next up, sending people to jail who play loud music over the network(s) for not having a broadcasting license. Or breach of the peace.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    I can't believe people think Cyber-bullying is real. This is too much for me! lol!

Poor kid! Both of them!
    Technically it is. Many have committed suicide as a result but the majority of them come from girls during Middle-High School.

This on the other hand is a different matter. Personally, I don't know how to reply to this other then that he's just another mindless punk?.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I used to badmouth noobs on runescape and type all up in their face but them bitches know who they messin with

my mate got abuse on xbl because he used shield lock on halo reach and killed a guy who tried to run him over, it was hilarious

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    some kid called me a reggin through a message after i got him killed on dark souls. *POOF reported and prolly banned for a bit....hopefully. get rid of that garbage

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I got a hate message on BF3 once. Pretty funny. Just ignore it. The internet is full of idiots

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    One side me of says: yeah, get this ****face, thinks he can talk **** when he's in with the other big cats in juve? Don't think so, that'll teach him.

The other side of me says: You really don't need to convict him, he's 16, youth at that age always have stupid crap to say. If I had a dollar for every threat towards me in high school, I'd be rich. They should just scare the **** out of him, take him to one of those prison programs like the scared straight program. He won't say a word ever again.
    One side of me says, throw his ass in jail with the big boys. the other side says, fuck him; throw his ass in regardless. Oh wait...

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    I got a hate message on BF3 once. Pretty funny. Just ignore it. The internet is full of idiots

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

See how simple this was? My man Moon saw that it was the internet and that you'll probably never see this person in your life. And if you did, you wouldn't even know it. When people take this shit to heart I must laugh at them. I'm sorry, it might seem like I don't have a heart but if you kill yourself over ridiculousness like this and take it to heart you have deeper issues than self-esteem.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Thread Information